Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Legend of Zelda : A story between Stories.[Karameida x Kolath]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karameida

Sometimes a Dream, Sometimes a Nightmare

Asura clenched and unclenched her fist sighing softly, getting used to this human form was going to take some work. Leaning her head back she closed her eyes and let everything that had happened wash over her. She knew this day would come, the Mother of all fairies had foretold it but, to think all of it would happen in one day was a bit....unreal to say the least.

It hadn't been long after the Hero of Time had beaten the King of Evil and the Sages had sealed him away, the Mother had appeared before her and told her that one day a woman would come to her and that she would be a descendant of one of the six sages. She was told that she must aid this woman to fully awaken her as a sage so that she may protect the Triforce of courage from all evil that may seek it's power. While she knew of the Mothers powers, she did not think this would come to pass. The Triforce of courage was within the Hero of Time, surely it was safe there.

However a day came when the Hero of Time left Hyrule and she knew what the mother had meant. The Triforce of Courage, connected to Hyrule separated from him splitting into eight pieces and scattering over Hyrule. Even a small piece of the Triforce could cause trouble when in a monsters hands. She had also noticed that since the King of Evil had been sealed other small monsters and creatures began to emerge causing trouble in various parts of Hyrule. An unease had settled within her heart, surly the prophecy the Mother had foretold could not be happening so soon? Not long after a woman had come to her seeking to be healed and while one needed to play the ocarina to summon any Great Fairy, she heard the woman's voice echo around in her shrine. The time had come to play her role though she had no idea what that truly had meant.

Opening her eyes she sighed once more, for one...she didn't know she'd actually have to take on a human form. In leaving her fountain she could not contain her spirit and her powers had waned. No human form could withstand the powers of a Great Fairy. "....I need to help her train...." she murmured to herself. She'd been saying that since entering this form, she hated feeling so weak and powerless. ".....It's been too long since I've walked among man....." she thought letting her head drop. In this form she was susceptible to wounds of the flesh, pain, weariness; everything that a human experienced....and apparently that included emotionally. Just getting used to everything was going to be an adventure all it's own. She wasn't sure how much help she'd be too this would be sage when she herself was inside of a shell that she wasn't used to.

Frowning she shifted to the side slightly and reached into her side pouch and removed an Ocarina. Re-positioning herself she stared at the ocarina for a long, long time. "The Ocarina of Time." she whispered. She was supposed to entrust it to the sage, frowning she replaced the Ocarina into her pouch and looked behind her at the small camp they had set up. They needed to get moving soon, the un-inhabited areas of Hyrule tended to be dangerous. The monsters came out in hordes to attack single travelers these days.

Standing up she stretched and let out a satisfied groan when several "pops" trailed up her spine. She stood there a moment before turning around and walking into camp "Alethia?" she hollered out. "We need to get moving." she said looking around her.

Good Goddess she missed her powers.

RE: Legend of Zelda : A story between Stories.

Alethia sat with her back to a large stone not far from the camp, watching the sun slowly coming up over the eastern horizon. Her dark green eyes looked for the telltale glint off the sand of her home, feeling a pang of homesickness tighten in her heart. Clearing her throat and willing the tears away the young Gerudo brushed the slight bit of moisture from her eyes. It had been a long time since she had been to her home in the heat of the desert. The fortress that stood barring the way deeper into the sands of her home, and far away set into the side of a mountain the temple of the spirit stood.

Her mother had left to go to that temple many years before, and had never returned. Alethia knew that it was because of her destiny that had called her to be a sage. However the pain of losing her mother at a young age had never left her. It didn't help that she was so different from all the other girls at the fortress, and her mother had been the only one to understand and help her cope with it. Biting her lower lip hard she forced her mind away from the hellish years after her mother had left. No matter how important it was it still was hell on her child to have to be alone.

Alethia had thrown herself into her training trying to make up for any differences that she might have, differences that she felt made her weak. Despite those feelings she had excelled with the used of her twin knives, never having been beaten when wielding them. Still with all the success she had never felt she fit in, always felt like an outsider. Finally she abandoned her heritage, discarding the clothes and traditions of the Gerudo, she went to find her way in the world on her own.

Things had been going rather well honestly till the group of monsters attacked her three nights ago. Having been able to barely fend them off and taking many deep cuts in the process she had crawled her way to a cave. She knew the legends and recognizing the cave for what it was she had called out to the great fairy of the fountain to save her life. Honestly she hadn't thought to live out the night, let alone now have a traveling companion.

Turning her head at the sound of Asura's voice she sighed deeply and stood up. Brushing her long skirts back down into place she turned to return to the camp. She wore a corset top that came up over her shoulders and down her arms, over a set of skirts that had many long cuts up them. It allowed her to maintain the speed that normally only pants provided, but also hide her dark secret from the world. Only once in a while when doing some daring acrobatic maneuver would skirts part enough to even show her leg let alone anything else.

Coming back into camp she looked at the great fairy taken human form and smiled slightly. "Ready when you are." She knelt down gathering her bedroll and the few things she still possessed putting them into the pack she carried with her. In moment she was standing and ready to start the next day of walking.

Asura watched Alethia walk back into camp and silently begin to gather her things up. She herself began to gather her things up as well; it was bothersome not being able to just....poof and be finished. She let out a depressed sigh while stuffing a few things into her bag. She glanced over at the young Gerudo, it was odd having a constant companion, true....it had only been a day with her company but still, the last companion she'd had was when the Hero of Time had come to her so that she may aid him in his quest. Sure there had been others in the past who'd also come to her but they were few and far between so having someone around for a full day was a bit of an anomaly for her.

It didn't take that to clean the camp up, they worked quickly and in silence until they had finished. Asura looked up at the girl and considered her for a long moment. "We haven't had much time to talk....what with everything that happened yesterday." she said straightening up from her bag. "Before deciding on a location....you'll need to explain a bit about yourself." she said hauling the bag over her shoulders. "We'll walk and talk....." she said walking past Alethia. She heard Alethia's foot steps behind her "So....Explain a little bit about yourself." she said looking up through the tree's.

After having packed her things and dumped water all over the fire Alethia had been ready to go waiting only for her companion. As they started to walk through the woods Alethia had nothing to say used to being alone while she traveled, having a companion was something strange for herself. She honestly didn't understand why this fairy had come out of her fountain in the first place. All she had asked was for healing to save her life from the monsters attacking her.

Sighed she looked over at the great fairy that called herself Asura and shook her head in response to the questions, though they hadn't really been asking anything. It honestly was more of a demand to know something and demands being made on her rubbed Alethia just the wrong way. Her eyes narrowed a little before sighing, she was smart enough to know the fairy probably didn't mean to be rude just wasn't experienced socially. "When wanting to know something about someone it is best to ask not tell them to explain about themselves. For example, 'Would you mind explaining a little more about yourself please?' Would have been a much better way to ask for information." She sighed softly as she walked down the pathway looking ahead, if they kept on this road they should be at the plains of hylia before noon. "There is not much to tell." She just left it there.

Asura kept a slight watch on her companion noticing her shake her head here and there. Letting out a soft sigh herself she pursed her lips, why did things have to be so troublesome? They had been walking for awhile before Alethia responded with the "nothing" answer. Maybe there was a mistake...no way a future sage would be so troublesome. She furrowed her brows, then again it was her voice that had reached past the fountain into her resting place....so it could be no mistake. Asura let her head drop forward slightly and shook her head, lying to a Great Fairy wasn't a really good way to get things going. It wasn't her trying to make conversation asking about her life, it was something she had to know in order to understand how she needed to help her.

"Neither of us like traveling in the company of others and prefer our solitary existences." she started saying looking through the tree's. "You should already understand why I'm traveling with you from what I explained to you yesterday after bringing you back from the brink of death." she said frowning a bit. She remained quite for a little while before continuing "You don't want me here....but, if I didn't fulfill my obligations to the Great Mother and left you alone...you'd just end up in another hopeless fight and you really would die and we can't let you leave this world yet." she said sighing a bit afterwords. "Probably don't like the idea of having others meddle in your affairs but, your role is far more important than personal feelings...." she said glancing down at her hands. Yeah....more important, she didn't exactly want to be out in this world....out here if her body is destroyed her spirit is vulnerable to the evil of the world...she could be utterly destroyed. She stared at her physical form a frown tugging at the corners of her mouth, she stayed like that for a long while before blinking and glancing back up.

"I'm not going to beat around the bush with you. It seems like it would be pointless. I don't understand human emotions well and I don't understand the need for a false politeness when asking a serious question....If it seemed like I was demanding...it's because I was. I have to know your background otherwise we'll get nowhere and the longer you dance around the edges...the longer you will have to travel with me." she said keeping her gaze ahead. After another moment of silence she turned her head to Alethia "However I can understand you may not want to talk about it now.... Next time though....don't lie about it. A Gerudo woman traveling alone so far from the sands who almost ends up dying isn't exactly a "Not much to tell." she said returning her gaze to the path ahead. She may not understand the emotions of humans or how they work but she knew she'd been harsh.

She really couldn't help it though, the woman needed to understand at least one thing; she wasn't here to be nice and coddle her. She was here to keep her safe and to hopefully make her realize her true potential as the Sage of Spirits. Right now though....that seemed like it might be a bit far off. Before long the tree's began to thin and you could just make out the sprawling fields of Hyrule. "As of now....I'll keep from demanding information from you and just keep to helping protect you." she said a little more softly. She had a strong inkling that the Gerudo woman probably did not appreciate her gesture all that much. Silence once more settled over the group of two as they traveled along the path. It slowly began to wind downwards into the Fields. "I do need to know....where is it that you are heading?" she asked with a slight raise of her brow.

Alethia sighed softly trying her best to keep calm. She had dealt with too many people like this in her life, that thought they knew what was best for her to do in her life. She bit her own lip trying her best not to say anything that would be hurtful. It wasn't the great fairy's fault that Alethia had been born with expectations on her, but god if she kept talking about it she was going to get all the anger that had been building up in Alethia in all these years.

Sighing deeply as they stepped out into the plains Alethia took a moment to let the cool wind wash over her. It brought with it all the scents of the plains, all the flowers and grass that covered it, all the scents of the lands that connected to it, not blocked by any great mountain or anything. She could smell the water from lake Hylia the slight burn in the air from the mountain of fire, and the soft dust of her home. Her heart pulled at her chest as she thought of the feeling of the winds on the sands.

Finally she turned back to the great fairy. "I'm not going anywhere, I'm just going. I have no idea where I want to go or what I want to do. I just want to do it all. I'm not going to be locked in a cage by anyone or anything. Destiny or my mother, neither one has control on my life, I will be who I am. And it doesn't matter who I was, you want to know about my past ask someone else because I don't want to ever remember it." She turned and started to walk out into the knee high grass of the plains just picking a direction and walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom