Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love in the Lost City (DaddyisHere and Freckled Beauty)

DaddyisHere

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
Kalt was tired of it. He was tired of the looks and of the questions.

"When will you take a lifemate?" his mother would ask.

The available women would ask the same, whenever he partnered with them.

Sexual unions were much different among the people of Atlantis. With very, very long lives, ideas of monogamy and virginity were much different. Generally, nobody took a lifemate until they reached at least a century. Until then, pairings were frequent and short. Long life, no diseases, and a loving people - it was something akin to Polynesia before the advent of Europeans.

Kalt was nearing his 250th year, and he was still unattached. It was a source of confusion to many, for Kalt was an enthusiastic and caring lover when someone caught his attention.

But lately, few had caught his attention. He was more interested in trying to decipher the meaning of the writings of the ancients. When not on guard patrol in his flyer or fishing, he could most often be found in the archives.

He was most haunted by visions of strange woman who haunted his dreams. Red hair, odd but captivating spots upon her face, and a narrow body. In dreams, she would disrobe for him and her breasts would stand large and proud in contrast to her slender form. Whenever she appeared in his dreams, she would remove her clothing and walk toward him... closer and closer until - every time - she would be blurred as if behind a curtain of water. Even her clothes would reappear when the curtain came up.

He was thinking of his last dream when on patrol. A warning light sounded on his console. It showed an intruder on the North part of the bowl.

He flew there, sure it was a cave bear or some other denizen of the caves beyond Atlantis.

Landing, he looked through the shimmering curtain and had to shake his head.

She was there. The girl from his dreams was standing beyond the energy shield, shimmering just like in his dream.

But this wasn't his dream. This was real. He checked several times.

He retrieved his staff from the flyer and touched it to the shield. There she was.

He gestured for her to come through and when she she stepped toward him and the shield returned he smiled. There she was. The red hair, the spots on her face. Only her body was in question, dressed as she was in bulky clothing and large boots.

"You're real," he said.

Georgina frowned flipping through the old text. Turning it over in her hands searching for the final pages which where missing. Just my luck she thought to herself.

She looked up at the shield touching it and frowned shaking her hand at the shock. "I'm so close." She whispered to her self reaching out to touch it again but jumped back when the shield dropped for her. She hesitated shifting the pack on her back before shuffling her feet and moved through the shield. She glanced back over the shoulder as it came up again.

Georgina turned to look at the man standing before her. She returned his smile with much enthasium, though she did not share his understanding. "You're real." She said returning his words and clapped her hands together looking around at her.

You're real! He admonished himself in his head. "What the hell did that mean.

He pushed down a blush and held out his hand in manner of greeting.

"I am Kalt," he said. "Border scout of my people. I assume you are from the outer world. I must first ask you if you mean our people any harm. If you can assure me that is not the case, I shall take you to our city where you will be properly met."

He took her hand in his, and felt the immediate electric shock of recognition... of something.

"What is your name?"

Georgina looked at him and quickly took his hand shaking it. "Harm? No! No not at all. I'm just hear to learn." She said her full attention on him feeling the light shock. She tilted her head just slightly perring into his face seeing the shine in his eyes.

"I'm Georgina. It's nice to meet you Kalt." She took her hand back and took off the pack and set it on the ground. "I won't bring it if you don't want me too." She said hoping to show him she only wanted to learn and explore.

"Oh... yes, let me see."

He held his staff over the pack and it turned the fabric translucent where it passed over. It only showed clothing and books and rations.

"It is harmless," he said. "Please do bring it."

He led her to his flying sled.

"I will alight first," he explained. "And then you mount behind me. You see those loops there? Loop them 'round your wrists and then hold onto me. It will assure your safety if I take a sharp turn in the air."

He secured her pack to the rear of the sled and then got on.

"Now your turn," he said with a smile.

Her eyes drifted to the sled and she bit her lip shifting her weight from one foot to the other. Georgina would have rather walked but instead she followed his instruction and then wrapped her arms around his waist holding on tightly. She was deathly afraid of heights, and the idea of actually being in the air only caused her stomach to knot. The machine was of great interest to her and she wanted to examine it but only when her feet where firmly planted on the ground.

"Dont' be afraid," said Kalt. "I'm a good flyer, one of the best, and I'll go easy on you."

He pressed the handle to lift them up gently. Once they were thirty feet or so above the ground he pressed 'forward'.

"I'll go slowly," he said to her. "So you can see as much as you want. Just tell me if you wish me to stop."

They sailed forward at a leisurely pace. The city was far in the distance and it would take them twenty minutes or so to get there. They sailed over ancient farms and monuments, houses and pools.

Georgina loosened her arms around his waist and glanced down at the ground just slightly before leaning against him once more her cheek pressed to his back. after a few minutes she opened her eyes again and leaned over looking down. She smiled at the beauty she saw "How magnificent." She whispered with a smile noticing the house and pools.

"There what are those ruins?" She asked

"Ah, now those are interesting," he said.

She was talking his language now. He set them down next to the weathered buildings.

"Look at these,' he said. "These were built by the ancients... our ancients. If you look on the side you can see the signs of weather, actual weather, so that means they were here thousands of years ago before we took the city under. I've been trying to decipher the writing on it for ages, but I've had no luck. I think it is related to our language, but I've no idea how."

Georgina listened to him as he spoke and nodded walking over to the structures. She smiled and excited laugh escaping her. "This is amazing. With a little time I could tell you." She promised turning to him. She then looked back at the carvings in the stone wondering what the words meant. She moved to the side and looked around seeing all the vines had grown around some if the ruin.

She was so beautiful... and Kalt's heart was sinking. Her she had appeared, the girl of his dreams, and she hadn't spared him a single glance. He wasn't so dense as to not notice when a girl noticed him, and it wasn't happening with her.

Oh well, he told himself. She's still fascinating and beautiful.

He figured he could live with just being friends, just learning from her. If she thought she could decipher the most ancient language, she would doubtless be a good teacher.

"Yes, over here, behind those vines there is more writing on the walls of the room. We can use my staff to light it if you want to go in. Don't worry, it's safe."

He gestured her to a notch in the vines and started in.

Georgina watched him with soft eyes and smile for a few moments. She then grabbed hold of his hand and nodded. "Lead the way." She said with a nod. Se wasn't quite sure what it was but she was drawn to him. He was interesting.

"Will you tell me about your self?" She asked as they moved. She moved a little closer to him.

"Me?" he said. "Well, I'm not old by my people's standards, just shy of two-hundred. I am descended from a long line of guardians and fisherman. I am good at that, and I do not say that boastfully."

"However, I long for more... to be a scholar, to learn as much as I can of the ancients. Let's see, what else? Well, I am certainly of the age to have a lifemate, but I've yet to find one who suits me. My mother nags me constantly, but I don't see why I should choose someone to spend centuries with if she isn't the right one."

"Two hundred?" She said in shock looking at him. Georgina watched Kalt for a long moment. "You don't look a day over twenty five." Gerogina glanced down at her feet then back up at him and moved closer to him.

"Marriage is a difficult thing to deal with." She said in agreeance with him. She had been bothered by her friends and close family members about how she should marry soon. Many men had asked for her hand and all she had turned. Based on the fact they didn't respect her intelligence and believed her place was in the home she clearly thought differently. "Can't you go to school and become a scholar?" She asked

"Hmm," pondered Kalt. "Here, we don't have such formal education systems. We are generally born into our trades. We have a clan of scholars and they are friendly with me, but they only share what they wish. For the rest of it, I must gather the knowledge myself and continue performing the jobs I was born to."

"In terms of my age... yes, because of the crystal, time works differently. Twenty five, though physically mature, is quite young among our kind. I understand it is different for your people though. Twenty-five is mature... marriageable, yes?"

"Yes I'm of marrying age but I have failed to find man who will accept me." She said with a shrug "I don't want to be with someone who wants me for nothing more than his trophy wife." She appealed and horrified at the idea of what she would eventually have to go back to.

"So you have no choice in what you want to do or be in your long lives? You have no school either?!"She asked eyes wide "Knowledge is power and for only a few to have it is a true crime."

"Mmm... we have studied your people. It wouldn't be accurate to say we have no schools, only that our learning processes are more along the lines of apprenticeships. We all attend school as children, but when we reach the age of 18, we branch off to our different ways. You are right though, I often feel the injustice of our traditions. I do not think it is intentional, but it does isolate some. The advantage though, is with long lives, we do all share a great common knowledge"

"But come, look at these markings. You see these? Over here, they are in our traditional script. These, to the right, however, they are unfamiliar to any of our kind."

Georgina looked at the carvings in the rock and ran her fingers across the glowing symbols. She smiled turning to him "Those are like the one in the book I have." She said allowing her fingers to trace over the symbols.

"Your certain no one can read this?" She asked curiously wondering if it was similar to the cuneiform or hieroglyphs. If that was the case it was a treasured piece of history but would never fully be understood by those who came across it.

"The scholars think there may be clues in the keystone, which at the center of our city. However, only one who has been blessed by the crystal can read it all."

He wondered. Could she be the key to unlock this mystery? The prophecies had foretold a firehaired stranger who would read the lost writings.

Georgina turned to look at him and nodded. "I suppose you should take me to the city now? People must be wondering why you've been gone so long." She said squeezing his hand and smiled.

"Maybe you can take me back and I can try and read the writing."She said her hand touching the walls.

"Yes, they'll be expecting me soon," he said.

He kept hold of her hand and led her back to the sled. Once more they mounted and were soon en route to the city. When he got close, he tapped into his staff and sent the word that a visitor was coming.

Visitors were not a common occurrence in Atlantis, and by the time they arrived, the streets were crowded with people looking up to see who Kalt had with him.

"They're excited to meet you," he said over his shoulder.

Hundreds people looked up and waved to them as they passed over.

Georgina held on to him as they passed over the city. "Wow," she sighed when the city came into view and he set them down.

"Everyone knows?" She asked smiling at all the people.

Back
Top Bottom