Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Life Outside The Battlefield-Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.
" That might be true, but your not the one who's blind. " I muttered and squeezed his hand again.

I kept my eyes closed, trying to hold back my tears. " What if my vision never comes back? What if I'm stuck like this for the rest of my life?" I whispered quietly.

"Then I'll just be right here by your side like always." I whispered. I didn't know what to say. Clove was really upset and I was too. I just didn't know what to think.

I knew he was right. But what help could I give when I couldn't even see two feet infront of me. " are you going to stay here tonight?" I asked queitly.

I studied her. Of course I was going to stay, but if she didn't want me to then I wouldn't. "Do you not want me to?" I asked quietly.

I slowly nodded my head, not wanting to stay here alone over night, it would make me such an easy target. " Yes... Just don't forget to call home and let them know to watch Paris." I answered him quietly.

"I already did." I whispered with a smile. I gently pulled away from her and got a chair, before putting it next to the bed and sitting down. I stroked the back of her hand absentmindedly.

I smiled slightly as he spoke, but as he pulled away I opened my eyes and looked to the side where he had been before. I heard him setting the chair beside the bed and blinked my eyes a few times. " It's weird... I can open my eyes but I can't see anything. " I sighed quietly. I knew I was going to have to get used to finding my way around again.

I closed my eyes, I braced my self as I slowly sat up, pain coming from my one side and back as I did. I slowly reached up, gently placing my fingers on the bandages on the back of my head. I sighed before lowering my hand, pulling up legs up to my chest, resting my chin on my.knees. " I may not be able to see swanson, but I still know when somethings bothering you. " I whispered quietly.

I looked up. "Don't hurt yourself clove." I murmured quietly, sadly. "And don't worry about me. Worry about yourself." I said quietly.

I could tell something was wrong, his voice dulled by sadness. " Swanson I'm fine, I can't hurt.myself more then I already have. " I sighed softly, pulling my legs closer to my chest. " swanson, what's wrong?"

I looked at her closely, studying her. "I just can't believe this has happened. I want to be able to lock eyes with you again. I want to see you look at something and smile, or frown, or react. I want you to see our daughter grow up. And I want you to be able to see the look of happiness and love I give you when I see you." I said sadly, choking up.

I squeezed my eyes shut, desperately trying to hold back tears as he spoke. I hide my face between my knees, it felt like there was a knot in my thoart. I didn't respond to what he had said, because I knew I wanted to be able to do those things again, and the thought if staying blind forever made me feel faint. " I shouldn't have tried that trick..."

I knew I had made her upset. "I'm sorry clove. I shouldn't have said that. But you asked me what was wrong, and that's what's wrong." I whispered.

I lifted my head slowly, wiping the tears from my cheaks. " Its fine swanson, i just hadnt reliezed what i was going to miss." I whispered softly. I slowly opened my eyes, turning my head towards where i figured swanson was. " what are the chances of me getting my vision back?"

I sighed and closed my eyes, not that it made a diffrence. I slowly laid back down, staying on one side of the bed so that if swanson wanted to join me he could. " I wish i could see your face, just one last time." I whispered before resting my head on the pillow.

I got into bed next to her as she moved over, knowing she was inviting me in. "Stop clove." I choked out as she spoke. I began to slowly panic. She wouldn't forget what I looked like, would she? I put my head in my hands sadly again.

I left the bed sink slightly as he came to lay beside me. I slowly reached out as he spoke, my hand finding its way to his arm. " Im sorry swanson, i really am." I whispered softly before pulling my hand back.

" for.putting you through this." I whispered sadly. I slowly moved closer to him, moving slowly because i couldnt tell bow far he was.

I wrapped her in my arms, holding her close. "I'm ok." I replied softly. I sat still for a moment, and then whispered "Will you always remember what I look like?" I murmured sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom