Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Life Outside The Battlefield-Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked over at swanson and smiled. " Thanks." i slowed alex down to a walk, and led him towards the other side of the pasture, away from swanson. " Let's try something harder." i turned him around as we reached the fence, smiling. I thought for amoment, picking out one of my hardest tricks. I knew the risks of falling, and with out a helment the damage would be way worse if i did fall. i slowly led alex towards the middle of the pasture, when we where almost half way to the middle, i tapped his side, sending him into a gallop. I twisted my body around, letting go of his reins and grabbing onto the saddle, i kept my foot in the foot holders ( Forgot what that's called) as i flipped back. My back rested against his side, my free leg stretched out over my. I felt the saddle straing against my weight, at first only slightly, but as soon as i heard the snap i quickly tried to pull my self back up. but it was to late. I felt my self slip off of the saddle, and thrown to the ground. Alex kept running, throwing his head up as i fell to the ground with a thud.
106jxc7.png

(that's what it would have looked like before she fell.)

I watched intently as she did her trick. I watched as she tried to pull herself up. Something wasn't right. It wasn't until she had fallen that I realized what had hapened. I cursed and frantically kicked dancer into a gallop. I galloped into the field and stopped beside clove. I jumped off and ran to her side.

I landed heavily on my back, yelping in pain as I did. All I could feel was the pain coming from the back of my head. I tried to move, my eyes stats closed as I slowly managed to roll to my side.

I kneeled down next to clove. I carefully held her still, not wanting her to move and her herself more. "Clove." I murmured. "Can you hear me?"

I left someone hold me down and breathing sped up, expecting more pain. I tried to push away from who ever was holding me stil, but as i heard swanson voice I stopped struggling. His voice was faint, as if he was far away, but at least I could still hear him. I tired to open my eyes, but failed. I slowly managed to nod my head.

I watched clove intently. Something wasn't right. I got out my cell phone. "Clove, I'm calling an ambulance. Stay still." I said to her. I called the emergency number and told them where to come. I hung up and returned my attention to clove. "It's ok babe. Just stay still." I said to her, trying not to panic.

I groaned softly, my fingers digging into the grass. I could hear swanson talking on the phone, but soon his words mixed together, and I couldn't make sense of what he was saying anymore. I could feel something wet and warm on the back of my head.

The ambulance came after a few minutes. The paramedics jumped out and came over to us. I got up and talked to them, telling them what had happened, and explaining her condition. They went and got the stretcher and prepared her to move to the hospital. I ran into the barn and found the stable hand, and told him to take care of the horses, before running back to the ambulance. They had loaded clove into it. I got in and sat next to her.

I felt my self being lifted up carefully, my jaw clenched as a new waved of pain came over me as I was placed on the stretcher. I could feel a hand on the back of my head, holding something against the gash to stop the bleeding.

The ambulance sped off to the hospital. I sat and stared at clove, with my head in my hands. Once we were at the hospital they wheeled clove off, and I was sent to the waiting room.

Time skip.

It was a few hours before i woke from my daze, my head was bandaged. I slowly turned my head, slowly opening my eyes. Even though my eyes were open, i couldnt see. Everything was black. I took a deep breath, trying not to panic.

I paced back and forth in cloves room, waiting for her to wake up. As soon as she moved her head, I buzzed for the doctor. He came in, and went to clove.

I heard foot steps, and turned my head towards the noise. " Swanson?" I whispered quietly, blinking my eyes a few more times, thou my vision still didnt come back.

I felt his hand on mine and gripped his hand. " Why cant i see?" I whispered and closed my eyes. I knew i had fallen pretty badly, but had.i really hit my head hard enough to go blind?

I sighed softly and gripped her hand harder. "The doctor said that you hit your head in a funny spot and it jostled the nerve that connects to your vision. They don't know if you'll get it back or not." I said softly.

I squeezed his hand as he spoke, my eyes shut tightly. " I should have cheeked the harness before i got on..." I whispered.

I thought for a moment before answering. " Besides the few brusies im guessing i have, and the back of my head, no. " i answered him, i slowly opened my eyes, blinking a few times. I sighed softly before turning my head so the back of my head was facing swanson. " This isnt your fault swanson." I whispered.

I closed my eyes and held onto his hand. I didn't want him to see.net like this, but i knew he wouldn't leave till he knew I was alright. " Is any one else in the room?"

I shook my head, but then remembered she couldn't see it. "No." I said. The doctor had left once he checked her charts. "The doctor left a few minutes ago."

I turned my head towards him, all I wanted was to see his face. " swanson... I don't want you to see me like this..." I whispered quietly.

I sighed and brushed the hair gently away from her face. "Why not babe? I don't think of you any different." I whispered.

I flinched slightly as I felt his fingers brush against my skin, but quickly relaxed. " Because I don't want you to see me like this... I've never felt so weak before..." I whispered sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom