Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Beauty Within (Battleship44 & darkangel76)

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Elizabeth Steele flopped down on her sofa, glancing around at the remaining unpacked boxes that were still heaped in the one corner of her tiny one-bedroom apartment. She’d moved into the place about two weeks ago and was slowly getting herself settled. The way she saw it, there was no need to really rush. She was living alone and seeing as she didn’t know very many people yet, didn’t feel like she had to go out of her way to impress anyone either.

Suddenly, there was a faint ringing sound. Immediately, Elizabeth dove her hand into her pocket, fumbling for the cell phone she kept in there. She looked at the ID screen. It read – Mom. Rolling her eyes, she answered the phone.

“Lizzie?” came a voice.

“Yes mom, “ Lizzie answered, her voice exasperated.

“I just wanted to check on you and see how you were settling in.”

“Mom, I just talked to you a few hours ago. Not much has changed in those few hours.” Lizzie loved her mother, but the woman had a tendency to go overkill on the most mundane of things.

“I know it, sweetie. It’s just… well, I miss you, honey.”

Lizzie smiled despite how annoyed she was. She truly did love her mother and knew that her constant phone calls over the past couple weeks were merely out of concern and love for her daughter.

“I miss you too, mom,” Lizzie said, knowing full well that hearing her say that made her mother all sorts of happy. “But things are all right. I’m nearly unpacked now and I plan on taking some local pictures here to help add to my portfolio.”

“Oh that’s great, sweetie!”

Lizzie chuckled to herself. “Hopefully it will be. We’ll see.” She paused a moment, flicking her strawberry-blonde hair over her shoulder. “Tomorrow I start my new job though. The one for Marcus Wellman. He’s a local photographer and I’m to assist him on his shoots.”

“I’m sure you’ll do great.”

“I hope so,” Lizzie said. She was a bit nervous to start her new job. Marcus Wellman was the hottest local photographer in the area. Everyone knew his name, even those not into photography. She’d heard rumors that the man could be a real hard ass, so she hoped that she got on his good side rather than his bad. “Well, mom. I hate to cut this short, but I still have more unpacking to do.”

“Of course, honey. I’ll talk to you soon. Bye.”

“Bye.” Lizzie hung up her cell phone and shoved it back into her pocket. Heaving a sigh, she stood up and walked over to her window.

Lizzie’s window offered a great view. It was one of the perks of her new place. She loved a good view. They made her happy, made her feel content. Across the courtyard, she could see a small park. And behind that, some woods. It looked inviting and it begged for her to take pictures of it. She’d decided that when the sun was a little lower on the horizon, the time when the light was best for such pictures she was aiming to get, she would head on out to the woods and snap some digital pictures to add to her portfolio. She thought she might even be able to get Marcus Wellman’s opinion on her work, if he even cared to look at it. Since she didn’t know him personally yet, she had no clue if the man would even so much as glance at her stuff.

Lizzie’s golden eyes gleamed as she looked upon the woods out back. Regardless of whether or not Marcus Wellman would look at her pictures, she knew she’d have a blast taking them. And she knew they’d make a great addition to her portfolio.

A little tired from her earlier unpacking, Lizzie laid down on her full-sized bed, her strawberry-blonde hair fanning out upon her pillow. She pulled her throw-blanket up and wrapped it around her slim body. She felt that a small nap was in order. ‘Nothing like a nap to refresh you,’ she thought to herself. She grabbed her alarm clock and set it so that she wouldn’t sleep for too long and then rolled over falling fast asleep.

The woods shook with the fall of leaves, the trees shedded and the grass darkened with the fall of fall. All seemed quiet, all seemed peaceful in the beginning of the end to the beautiful day. Yet nothing lasts forever, and neither did the silence, in the ever changing woods.

Rake was a member to one of the few remaining feline shape shifters that roamed the earth. Most of his kind extinct by the fierce, never ending battle between them and their sworn enemies, wolf shape shifters. The reason of the broken silence, was nothing but the crunching of leaves beneath his paws, as the golden lion stalked silently through the woods.

A low growl-like purr escaped him, only to be followed by yet another crunching of another leaf. A lioness followed behind him quietly, both their fangs bared wide, their bodies low to the ground as the leaves put their invisibility at risk.

“Your being too loud!”
a whisper shot through the Lioness’ lips as she trailed Rake quietly, making him turn his head and shoot her an annoyed look.

“I don’t have a choice here.”

A whisper right back at her. Suddenly he paused, and stopped in his tracks. The blood red eyes shooting forwards to see beyond the bushes, where a wolf lied carelessly. He glanced back at the Lioness, his senses heightening as the feeling of threat and fear overtook him, only to be overshadowed by Instinct and rage.

“Get the hell out of here, back to camp. Now.”

His voice turned suddenly commanding, not asking, but giving her an order. The lioness didn’t seem to put up much of an argument, not that she had a chance anyway. He layed In the bushes as the lioness sprung to her feet silently, and jolted away from the scene. This wasn’t just an ordinary cat dog fight, these weren’t house cats and dogs. This wasn’t over a bone, nor a mouse.

For centuries the two species had battled, with no need for a reason, no need for a purpose. Only killing drove them, only hate as the natural enemies met. Rake was a direct decendant of the pride’s alpha male, and thus was one of the most well built shapeshifters to be born. He was expected, both as a man and a lion to be the future leader for his people. So much depended on Rake’s shoulders, so much that his own mother chose a bride for him. Ironicly the cowardice lioness that just ran away not a moment ago.

His claws reached out of his paws as he began to slowly stalk forward. Before he knew it the sun was already setting, the dark was taking over the morning sky as his eyes shot their beaming red towards their target. One more step, one more move after the next, and his prey will be at hand…or paw, in this case.

Lizzie’s cell phone rang before her alarm clock went off. “Damn it,” she muttered as she searched for her phone in her pocket. The ID screen read – Unknown Caller. ‘Just great,’ she thought. Typically, she’d ignore such phone calls, but thought better of it since she didn’t know if it would be her new boss or someone else trying to contact her because of her recent move.

“Hello?” Lizzie asked, her voice a tad bit groggy.

“Miss Steele?” came low, gruff voice.

“Yes? May I ask who’s calling?” Lizzie glanced at her alarm clock. It was nearly 5pm.

“This is Marcus Wellman, you’re new boss.”

Lizzie’s golden eyes widened. ‘Oh shit!’ she thought to herself. She blinked several times, trying to wake herself up. “Yes, Mr. Wellman, hello.”

“Hmph,” Marcus mumbled in an annoyed tone.

Lizzie furrowed her eyebrows. “I’m sorry,” she then said a bit hesitantly. “Can I help you with something?”

Marcus scoffed. “You can by showing up at 6am sharp tomorrow morning. I got a last minute, on-location booking. And I’ll need you to assist me. Got it?” His voice was commanding, as if he thought himself better than Lizzie, better than anyone.

Annoyed, Lizzie had all she could do to bite her tongue. If the man had been near her and she hadn’t been so dependent on his job offer, she’d have slapped him right then and there. “Not a problem, I’ll be there,” she said though she wanted to just tell him off, let him know he was an ass and needed to be put in his place.

“Good. Tomorrow then.” At that, Marcus hung up.

Lizzie scowled and threw her phone across the room. It hit the floor cause the back cover and battery to come off. “Shit,” she said as she hopped out of bed and fixed up her phone. She set it down on her dresser and decided that since she was now up, she may as well head on out to the woods and take some pictures for her portfolio.

Lizzie grabbed a pale blue hoodie and slipped it on over her shoulders, since the evenings were starting to get cooler with autumn approaching. Her little white t-shirt just wouldn’t have been enough. She almost went for her cell phone, to place it in her one jeans’ pocket, but decided not to. She was sick of being bothered and wanted some time to herself. So, she left the gadget on her dresser. Grabbing her handbag, which she slung over her shoulder, and digital camera, she left her apartment, locked up and headed for the woods out back.

The air smelled nice to Lizzie. She loved how crisp the air was beginning to get in the evenings. Autumn was truly one of her most favorite times of the year. The colors, the smells, the overall atmosphere. She loved how people seemed to be in a cheerful mood during autumn. It uplifted her spirits, made her feel happy.

As Lizzie entered the woods and left the little park behind her apartment building, she couldn’t help but smile. The scenery was even more beautiful than she thought it would be. The canopy of reds, golds and oranges above her looked absolutely breathtaking in the just-darkening sky. She took out her digital camera and began to take pictures of the trees, the animals, everything around her.

While taking pictures of what she thought to be absolutely eye-catching, Lizzie suddenly heard an odd noise. It sounded like it was made by a rather large animal.

‘Odd,’ Lizzie thought. ‘There shouldn’t be anything larger than a raccoon out in these woods.’

A little hesitant and worried, but also very curious, Lizzie decided to follow the noise. Who knew… it could very well be something she could take a picture of, could add to her portfolio. As quietly as she could, she began to walk toward the sound she’d heard.

A burst of sound rushed through the air as the silence broke with nothing but a leap from the toned lion. His body sprung through the air gracefully, finally exposing himself to the wolf lying below. He landed with his claws straight into the wolf’s back, his head leaning down and grabbing hold of the wolf’s neck.

He bit, scratched, clawed, everything he could do to protect his own life and to get ride of the wolf’s. Yet he was only met with resistance, of Corse. The wolf did not just sit there to die, it clawed right back, struggled to get free until it did. The silence was an object of the past now, In a pure second replaced with thundering noise echoing throughout the entire forest.

Birds fled from the trees, animals sensed the danger and fled in a loud roar through the forest. It was a battle of titans, the agility and strength of the lion, versus the cunning and precision of the wolf. The fight went on for a good few minutes, rake suffering wounds at his back and arms. Yet finally he got a good grip around the wolf’s neck. Snap, that was it. The neck was broken, and the lion declared his victory with a loud roar, sending fear and shivers down the spines of the trees themselves.

The lion slowly panted as his instincts gave his position way to all that was Interested in knowing it, yet his pride was far too large to stuff behind the roar. His body froze for a moment, finally after the adrenaline burst was over, his body began feeling the pains of the wounds cut through him by the wolf. He had no choice but to shape shift, it was impossible to treat them as a cat. Slowly he began to shift from his lion form, taking to his hind legs and slowly rising as he transformed Into a human.

The trees, leaves, and insects the only witnesses to the striking phenomenon as a golden, large lion became a tall, muscular toned man. Rake stood at exactly 6’, golden blonde hair flowed down past his shoulders, and to his mid back and chest, much resembling a mane. He wore nothing over his body, except for a pair of torn leather shorts. A large knife appeared in his hands, supposedly to suffice instead of claws in this state, as a form of self defense perhaps.

Yet once again, as he just began to relax, he froze. Rake couldn’t seem to catch a break tonight as his nose twitched lightly, taking notice of an unfamiliar scent detected in the woods. A human…how rare, how rare for a human to be out in the woods at this time of the day, knowing the rumors that surrounded the place…yet he paid it no attention. For one, he was abit tired and in enough pain to take his chance, and not care. He walked through the woods abit carelessly, making his way through leaves and trees. Headed directly opposite from his camp grounds and his pride due to his delusion, and temptation to explore the new scent that aroused his senses.
His personality outside of battles seemed to differ than in them, the handsome male seemed rather playful and curious as he made his way deeper and deeper through the woods, every step taking him closer and closer to the approaching danger.

Lizzie followed the sounds she heard echoing off the trees, her taking of pictures all but forgotten. The sky was darkening, the light she needed fading. But she didn’t care. She was too fixed on following the sounds she’d heard.

The sounds were getting louder. And they sounded like two animals fighting. Lizzie wasn’t sure if she should pursue the sounds any more. She was deep into the woods now and the sky was dark. If the animals were as large as they sounded, then it could very well spell trouble for her. Taking a deep breath and biting down on her lip, she decided to hell with it and followed the sounds anyway, figuring she’d keep a safe distance as soon as she saw something.

As Lizzie continued walking, she noticed that the trees were rustling quite loudly and that the smaller animals were running in the opposite direction in which she was heading.

“You’re so stupid, Lizzie,” Lizzie said to herself. But her curiosity got the better of her. She just had to see what was making the sounds. If it was something dangerous, she’d have to alert her landlord anyway, so best to know what they were being alerted about, right?

Suddenly, Lizzie caught movement out of the corner of her eye. Immediately, she stopped, standing as still as she could. The shadows were a fair way off, several yards at least. But, she could make out that they were large animals. One appeared to be a large cat of some kind and the other a wolf.

“How odd,” Lizzie whispered. “Here?” Feeling the fear starting to wash over her, she remained still and just watched the fight between the animals ensue. It was then that she wondered if the rumors she’d heard about this new city she’d moved to were true. They were urban legends, but still. Most legends, even the most outlandish of ones, had some truth to them.

The animals fought viciously. Then, Lizzie heard the snap. Gasping, she covered her mouth with her hand and slowly began to back away. The large cat had broken the neck of the wolf. Would she be its next victim? Just then, the cat stood still and it began to change. It transformed from cat to man in the blink of an eye.

“Oh god!” Lizzie said in a loud whisper, immediately turning on her heels and running.

Lizzie couldn’t believe what she’d just seen. Were the urban legends true? It seemed so, but she couldn’t believe it. It was impossible. Those legends were just stories, fanciful yarns to spice up the history of the city. Her mind reeling, she just let her feet move as if they’d had a mind of their own. Unfortunately, with the darkness, she was unable to navigate her way through the woods. Everything looked the same, she couldn’t find her way back. She knew she was running in circles and that only made the fear she felt stronger.

Suddenly, Lizzie heard the sound of footsteps behind her. They were fast, running. Tears formed in her golden eyes. Was she going to die? She didn’t know. All she did know was that the sounds behind her were getting closer and that soon whoever was making them would have her.

Closer and closer, faster and faster, every second that passed Rake took two more steps than the previous ones. His urge drove him further, curiosity taking over his body as he pushed through the leaves and branches to find the source of the smell.

The sound of the small scream, and running footsteps chain reacted into rake taking off into abit of a silent sprint, running quickly on his bare feet through the forest until finally catching a glimpse of the woman. His eyes widened briefly, his hunch was correct as to her being a human. He turned to his right and took abit of a shortcut around the strange woman, and within seconds he popped up In front of her.

Excepting a yelp or a scream, he snuck behind her in an instant, his hand muffing her mouth to prevent her from screaming. His body pressed up against hers tightly, his head leaned down so his lips were at the woman’s ear. Before saying anything, he let a low, non-threatening growl escape his lower throat, sniffing at the woman. He identified her scent further, memorizing it for the future. But finally he raised his head abit to whisper directly in her ear.

“You…you humans wander off too much for your own good…depending on how much you saw, it could mean your life…just thought you should realize that.”

His voice was calm, and ironically somewhat soothing.

“Now…I wont hurt you, just promise not to scream…or you’ll get both me and you killed.”.

With that, he lowered his hand, and let her free from his grip and take a closer look at him. His wounds were already rapidly healing, and honestly if she didn’t just see him shape shift from a cat, she would have been mesmerized by the toned, feline-resembling figure. Rake took a loud sigh before anything else, and rubbed the back of his neck abit roughly.

“Fuck…why, why does this always happen to me..”

He seemed to be talking more to himself than to the woman, a glancing shot offered to her as he spoke. Finally he took a step towards her, eyeing her clothes and figure. He crossed his arms casually, almost too casually as if this was a common mistake that happened daily, he wasn’t really a man that cared for much. Tilting his head, he spoke.

“Now we can go about this two ways…one, you can tell me your name and who you are…or two, I can leave you for the wolves, right now your smothered with my scent. They’d kill you in about…3 and half seconds.”

His eyes were naturally red, and set directly at her own. Something about him seemed appealing, but you really couldn’t tell what it was directly. He knew the woman would probably be scared half to death, so he tried not to stand directly infront of her.

Lizzie stopped abruptly when her path was suddenly blocked by a man with blond hair. She started to back away, getting ready to scream out when he fluidly, gracefully moved behind her and covered her mouth with his hand. All in the blink of an eye.

The man whispered into Lizzie’s ear about how she’d seen too much and that it could mean her life. Immediately, she felt her body shake with fear, her heart racing as the adrenaline surged throughout her body. She wanted to run, but could not. He held onto her too tightly, his grasp strong, firm. Even if she could break out of his hold, she knew she couldn’t outrun him. Not by a long shot. Her body going limp, he finally let go of her, telling her not to scream as he removed his hand from her mouth. Fearful of what this man could do, and by what she’d seen of him shifting from cat to man, she obeyed his demand. She knew she had no choice, that he had the upper hand.

The blond man muttered to himself in frustration, looking at Lizzie quizzically, as if sizing her up. His actions screamed ‘wild animal’ to her, though he had the appearance of a man. A handsome man, at that. The way he looked at her, sniffed at her. It made her shiver a little, whether from fear or something else, she couldn’t tell. But despite his actions she stood still, silent. Letting him do what he felt he needed to do.

“Now we can go about this two ways,” the blond man said directly to Lizzie, his tone serious, not to be questioned. “One, you can tell me your name and who you are…or two, I can leave you for the wolves.” Lizzie felt a shiver run up her spine. She’d seen his fight with the wolf. And though he’d won, she knew she’d be no match for a wolf, especially one that could shift like this man seemed to be able to do. “Right now your smothered with my scent. They’d kill you in about…3 and half seconds.”

Lizzie swallowed, wanting to run, but afraid to do so. She feared what the man would do to her, feared that another wolf might be in the vicinity and try to attack her. She was at a disadvantage and she knew it. “My name is Lizzie,” she finally said, her golden eyes wide with fear. “Who are you?” she asked, her voice trembling. “What are you?”

Rake’s eyes quivered lightly as her body shook from fear and excitement, his hues dead set on her, not leaving his target for a brief second as he, or she spoke. His expression was indeed curious and quizzical, despite having seen both his forms which supposedly, meant her instant death. Something about the woman attracted him, her smell…scent…figure, he didn’t know.

She turned to face him and built up a little courage, telling him her name and asking what he was. Rake let a handsome, devilish smile escape his lips as he tilted his head lightly, his hand lowering from the back of his neck. Before answering he took another step forward, his body a mere inch, a mere second away from touching her own.

Yet their bodies did not connect yet, as if time froze, and built a thin, forbidden wall of ice between the shape shifter and the human. His words still reached her, and he took abit of a sigh.

“Shape shifter.”

His answer was abit straightforward to her surprise, not a sly answer to try and avoid the main point of the question.

“We live here…and In about every rainforest left on this earth…we’re “Supposed” to be hidden from human eyes…to you, we do not exist…yet my own slip up …well, you’re here aren’t you?”

His point was made, she clearly stepped over a boundary she shouldn’t have.

“Right now, you shouldn’t even be alive…if not by the wolves, then my pride’s rules and laws command me to kill you, just because you’ve laid eyes on me…and yet.”

He paused once again, breaking through the previously created invisible wall, and licking her neck in an odd, yet somewhat affectionate matter. He wore his emotions on his sleeve, so he didn’t really bother to persuade, or do anything but the obvious to carve his point into the target.

“Consider yourself lucky…my Instincts, which I blindly follow tell me not to…something about you Is attracting me, it’d be a waste to get rid of you so early, yet you cannot go back to your world either..”

he backed up a little, putting on the gentles expression he could conjure, and offered her a sad smile as he spoke.

“Everything that you did…everything that you went through before stepping into this forest. Family, friends, parents, brothers, jobs, everything…forget them. You cannot go back to them if you wish to live…If you wish to live, you must face challenges IM not even sure I can survive…yet I offer you this chance, for god knows why reason…the choice of acceptance, is in your hands.”

Lizzie’s mind was reeling, trying to process everything the shapeshifter had said to her. He told her that for some reason he felt the need to spare her. And she was grateful for this, but the words that came after left a large knot in the pit of her stomach. He told her that she’d have to give up her life. It would mean no more phone calls with her mother, no job as a photographer, no chance to learn about her new home. She’d have to leave everything that she knew or wanted to know behind. Forever. It was a steep price.

Looking into the shapeshifter’s eyes, Lizzie felt a sense of dread and panic wash over her entire body. But underneath the worry, she also felt anger, frustration. It wasn’t her fault that she’d stumbled upon his fight with the wolf, that she’d seen him shift forms from cat to man. Why did she have to pay the price? More than anything, she wanted to argue her point. But she knew that doing so would get her no where. The shapeshifter was obviously strong and the most agile creature she’d ever seen. Even as a man, he moved with a cat-like grace that far exceeded what she’d seen you average wild cats achieve. It was unnerving.

Then there was the way that Lizzie noticed in which the shapeshifter looked at her. He wasn’t merely studying her, there was more to it. It was as if he was stalking her, learning her scent. His animalistic actions took her off guard and made her shiver a little in fear.

Knowing full well that she wanted to live, Lizzie reluctantly nodded, feeling horribly about what she would be doing to her family by leaving them behind forever. They’d be distraught for sure. “I choose to live,” she said softly as she looked down at her feet, nearly invisible due to the darkness that surrounded both she and the shapeshifter. As she looked down at the ground she could feel the prickle of tears forming behind her golden eyes. Her life would never be the same now. Not ever again.

Rake’s interest grew further and further the more his eyes watched her. Her reactions were odd to him, she frowned despite his offer to let her live, she worried about people she would never see again. He didn’t really understand most of it, but he knew what It feels like to be abandoned. He took a loud sigh, and for her own sake went against his pride in his next few words.

A blush of embarrassment and annoyance at the words flushed over his cheeks as he spoke.

“Sorry…maybe this all came out way too strong, but I have no choice.”

He placed his hand under her chin, and gently lifted her face to lock his red eyes with her clear, blue pair softly.

“Its out of my hands now…I wish you didn’t see what you saw, then I wouldn’t have to drag you into all of this, but Its all I can do for you…I’d like to ask you not to hate me, but I doubt you would not.”

Regardless, he tilted his head and hugged her tightly. Once again, he didn’t really pay attention to the slight awkwardness of the sudden hug, Its just one of the few ways he knew how to comfort.

“Im glad you chose to live…but doing so will not be easy, and letting go Is not going to be easy…but we don’t have a choice."

He sighed once more and leaned back to look at her, his hair falling a little bit in front of his eyes.

“And if its any compensation, it wouldn’t be just your head on the line…If “they” found out, ill most likely be executed, talking to you alone is a taboo punishable by death.”

He shrugged his shoulder for a moment, putting on a care-free expression despite the seriousness of the problem.

“My pride is somewhat strict…they’d ask questions about you…but, I do have a plan to fool them, for at least a while.”

He extended his hand, offering to take her own but leaving it up to her.
“Come with me…and Ill tell you the way to live, at least for the next short while.”

Lizzie’s eyes widened as she furrowed her eyebrows. Just what was this shapeshifter trying to get at? She was confused, frightened. She just didn’t understand what he was talking about, what he was hinting at. Fear of the unknown washed over her completely making her feel helpless, so very small. She looked into his red eyes and swallowed rather audibly. The way he looked at her, she just couldn’t place it. It was a strangely predatory and it made her skin break out in goosebumps all of a sudden.

Her golden eyes watery, Lizzie sniffled and placed her hand in the shapeshifter’s. His hand was warm and felt just like any other human’s. But he wasn’t human. She was still trying to wrap her brain around everything that had happened. So much in so short a time. And now her life was in his hands. She was bound to his rules, his ways. Things she didn’t know or understand. As he began to pull her away from where they’d been standing, she found her voice and spoke.

“Where are we going?” Lizzie asked. “And… what’s your name?” The fear was evident in her voice though she desperately tried to hide it. Tucking some of her strawberry blonde hair behind an ear, she waited to see what the shapeshifter would say.

Rake held her hand gently yet tightly as she slipped it in his, and began to walk with her deeper and further into the woods. He felt her fear, her quivering, her shaking. He tried to stick as close as he can to her, his hands tightening abit at the sounds of rumbling, and dangers all around them.

She was still fragile, brand new to the world she was dragged in. He sighed and finally pulled her close, placing his hands under her knees and head in an instant and carrying her as he sprung into abit of a run.

He held her tightly, her face pressed gently against his chest as his speed shocked her abit. For a human, it would be impossible to run like this, yet he made it seem so easy and smooth.

“Rake.”

He whispered to her as he ran, trying to at least make some sense.

“My name is Rake…consider me you…what do humans call them?...ah yes, Guardian angel.”

With that he looked up again, and jumped up a few hills and trees. In a flash, the bit of rain forest ended. They stumbled together In what seemed to be ruins, a broken down temple hidden within the trees of the forest.

“there.” He pointed. “We can hide there for a few hours.”

His running slowed as his grip around her turned even more gentler, walking up to a large rock. A tree was fallen over the rock, giving it cover from one side, as the other side was blocked by part of hut of stone. It almost resembled a den, more comfortable for him than Inside the hut itself. He leaned down and stepped through the opening, the small den was barley enough to fit them both. So he kept her on his lap, turning her to look at him.

“Your hair is messy.” He smiled playfully for a moment, brushing a strand of it away from her eyes. “But back to the problem…the only way I can protect you from the wolves, is to sneak you into my pride…I have to fool them into believing you’re a shape shifter like us…now usually, they would never accept outsiders. BUT!...if I cover you in my scent…and..” he paused for a moment, looking to the side, then to her. “Well…as felines our senses are sharp…that wouldn’t be enough. I’d have to make you my mate…and introduce you as so.” He tilted his head abit, anticipating a horrid reaction

Lizzie choked on a breath as Rake told her what she needed to do in order to survive within his pack, the only way to survive at all. To become his mate!

“You can’t be serious!” Lizzie shouted out as soon as she regained control of her breathing as well as her voice.

Rake just couldn’t be serious, he couldn’t. She had to become his mate? What did that mean? Lizzie had an idea and she wasn’t all that thrilled with it. She didn’t even know him, had no idea of his kind, his ways. Nothing. There was no way she was going to even remotely go there… even with her life on the line.

“This has all got to be a joke,” Lizzie suddenly blurted out. “A sick joke!” She wondered if he’d let her go now, just forget that he saw her, keep his mouth shut. “Why not just bring me back home. I promise not to say anything about this to anyone. Besides, no one would be believe if I told them anyway.”

Lizzie’s expression turned hopeful, but the ache in her stomach told her not to bother. She tried to read Rake’s face, figure out his thoughts. But she just couldn’t read him. Her stomach suddenly felt more queasy than before.

“Please,” Lizzie whispered. “Please. Don’t make me do this. I just want to go home.” Closing her eyes and holding her breath, she braced herself for Rake’s response.

Rake gave her a silent glare as she called all of this a joke, and denied his help so quickly without even thinking. She denied it, got angry at him, and then dared to beg him to set her out where he rescued her from. He gave abit of a low growl at her from the bottom of his throat, getting a little mad himself at her Ignorance.

“You un-appreciative idiot! Do not run your mouth, deny my kindness, and demean my race’s purity and pride when you’re the one at fault!”

Rake didn’t really yell at her, as much as it was loud talking. His voice was abit commanding, abit of a male lion trait he had carried over the years. His hands lifted behind his hair, and he pulled it away from his back gently, revealing his scars and wounds. “

Do you honestly think because you cannot see them, the wolves do not see you? Do you honestly think we will even stand a chance in hell if we try and go back?”

He bit his lip tightly, his canine piercing his lip to suppress his anger and lower his voice. He however gave her a little push forwards, off of his lap until half of her body slid outside the den. By now, being outside in the light seemed…somewhat unsafe, as they both got slowly adapted to the small security of the corridor they called a den.

“You know what, go. Go if you really want to, but you have my warnings. You will die, not let me correct myself. You will raped, savaged, brutalized, and then die. Above all, lets say a goddamn miracle occurs, and you make it out. I will not. If I do not get killed by the wolves, saving you meant putting my own life on the line, I broke one of the solid rules set for my pride for you!”

He tilted his head and looked away for a moment. “If you can live with the guilt, then leave, for the love of god leave so I can enjoy the last hours of my wasted life.”

He grunted abit, not of his nature to complain. Yet he was in a position of life and death, and her escape meant both their lives time running out.
“Its my own fault for trusting a human…I could have just left you. Within minutes the wolves would have came to salvage their dead, and found you along with the body. But no, nooo. I had to be a stupid fuck.” Once again his habit was kicking in, almost seemed as if he was scolding himself for his own actions.

Lizzie was taken aback by Rake’s reactions. She expected him to be upset to some degree, but the way he lashed out at her. The way he twisted everything around so that it was her fault. She just couldn’t believe it. His view of things bothered her greatly and strangely made her feel badly. She wasn’t intending to hurt his feelings or his pride. She had no understanding of his ways, so the fact that he expected her to upset her. It just wasn’t fair. She wanted to tell him so, but didn’t think he’d listen to her let alone believe her.

When Rake finally told Lizzie she could leave, could have her freedom, she could hardly believe it. There had to be a catch. She suddenly found herself wondering if what he said about the wolves was true. Would they come after her if she left his den? And what would happen to Rake if she left? He had said his life was on the line. But what did that mean? She didn’t plan on telling anyone about this little incident. They’d think her crazy, totally mental. Would the wolves say something? Were more of his pride out there? She just didn’t know.

Terrified, yet determined to get back to her normal life, life where she had a job lined up, could call her mother as many times as she wanted and had a new city to explore, Lizzie set her jaw and looked squarely into Rake’s eyes.

“I want to go back to my life. Is that so difficult to understand?” Lizzie bit down on her lip. “I’m not meaning to sound ungrateful, it’s just…” her voice trailed. Rake’s expression distracted her. She could see his anger and his frustrations. They bothered her immensely, they seemed so… unfounded. “Fine!” she then shouted.

Lizzie crawled out of the den and into the darkness. As she stood up she felt a shiver run down her spine. She suddenly felt so cold. Trying to ignore the fear, she walked forward. After two steps, she heard low growls around her, could feel eyes watching her. She glanced all around herself, but couldn’t see anything. Panic washed over her and the growls grew louder.

Several yards away, Lizzie caught sight of a shadowy movement. Something was out there watching her. Squinting her eyes, she was able to see that the shadow was wolf-like in appearance. Gulping, she began to edge away from Rake’s den. She just wanted to get home, to a place that was safe. As she edged away, her eyes fixed on the shadow, she tripped over a root and fell. Suddenly, she could see the shadow moving. It was moving towards her.

“Rake!” Lizzie screamed. “Rake!” She had no idea why she called out for the shapeshifter. She could only hope that he'd answer her cries.

He let out a huff as despite his arguments, despite his concern for both himself and her, she still denied him. She still decided sentencing them to death.

“Back to your own life?...do you bother to list--…you know what, never mind Lizzie. Just go.”

And with that, she got angered and left the Den. He turned and huddled up against the wall quietly, pissed at himself for bothering to save a life that doesn’t even care. Yet his nose suddenly twitched, and so did his ears. The awfully familiar smell was not friendly…and low sounds of growls made him peek out from his huddle. Next thing he knows, the woman was screaming his name, yelling for him in an instant.

“You stupid woman!” he yelled out abit to himself as he propelled himself out of the hut, sprinting as fast as his human form will let him.

The wolf finally lunged out of the shadows towards her, running faster on four legs than Rake could with two. He grunted loudly, and despite his wounds morphed into a black, spotless jaguar. It was her first introduction to the shape shifter’s full ability, he wasn’t limited to lions after all. Rake leaped into the night’s air, almost Invisible due to the color of his skin. His eyes however still the same, flashing blood red as he caught the wolf by the neck and Inch away from Lizzie’s face. He gripped tightly with his jaw, and threw the wolf away with pure jaw power away from her.

A loud roar shot out from rake, standing dead straight in front of her as his posture was ready for attacks. He honestly knew this could be a battle he wouldn’t survive, his only chance to make the wolf feel threatened enough to run. To his relief, it worked. The wolf picked itself up and ran back into the woods, disappearing from sights. He hushed her before she could speak, waiting in silence until the wolves scent disappeared from the air.

He took in pants, and a deep breath followed by his shape shifting. He turned back into a human, yet now his skin was a little darker, and the golden hair was pitch black. He looked down at the frightened woman, and kneeled down.

“Twice.”

He brushed a hair from her face, and checked her for cuts or wounds.

“That’s twice now I saved your ass…perhaps this will make you listen, and not take my actions for granted so easily.”

He slipped his hands under her once again, and carried her in the same manner back to the small hut. Entering it slowly, this time he took her immediately in his lap, holding onto her like an almost-lost possession. “If you leave, or die, or this plans fails to work…I will die by my own kind. My own pride will execute me for breaking the number one rule…do you understand now the risks I took to save you?”

Lizzie looked into Rake’s eyes, her own golden ones full of tears.

“I understand the risks, Rake. And I thank you.” Lizzie paused a moment and sniffled, her eyes fixed to Rake’s and her body not moving from his lap. “It’s just a lot for me to take in. You need to understand that.”

Lizzie wasn’t sure if Rake would truly understand where she was coming from or not. So, she felt the need to explain herself to him. She wanted him to realize that she could be trusted, that she wasn’t a bad or selfish person. That she wasn’t taking his actions for granted.

“In my world, mating is a sacred thing.” Lizzie tried to use Rake’s own words to help him understand better. “It’s an unbreakable bond between two people who love each other unconditionally. It’s not something to take lightly.” She paused and bit down on her lip. “It’s an intimate bond. And I…” her voice trailed. “I hardly know you.” Tears spilled down her cheeks as she spoke. “It’s definitely not that I’m not attracted to you…” Again, her voice trailed and she closed her eyes. She’d admitted she found him attractive. What would that make him think? Would he even realize her admission? “I just don’t know you and in my world, such things aren’t done if you don’t know the person.”

Lizzie’s skin felt hot as she took in Rake’s gaze. She wondered what he was thinking. She wondered if he truly wanted to mate with her or if he was only planning on doing it out of necessity for survival. She didn’t want it to be out of necessity. She wanted it to be for other reasons. Reasons he couldn’t possibly have given how short a time they knew each other. Still, she wouldn’t mind being intimate with him. Not in a purely physical sense. She found him very attractive. But she wanted more than that if something were to happen. And she didn’t know how to convey that to him. Nor did she know if he’d truly understand the ‘whys’ of it, the emotional involvement it could stir up with humans. Again she looked into his eyes. Again, she tried to read him.

Rake frowned abit as her golden eyes filled with tears that ran down her cheek as she wept to him, explaining how she felt. He somewhat understood, perhaps not fully. He was raised in a completely different world, with different standards and obligations. Yet he tried to take all he could in. He leaned his face to the side gently, and licked affectionately at her cheek, getting rid of the tears she let escape her.

“I’m…not going to lie and tell you I absolutely understand…because I just don’t get it…but I am truthful when I say that I care about you…that I accept your standards even though I don’t understand them.”

He was struggling to find the correct words, and he gently laid her on the ground. Rake slipped over her gently, his body pressed down over hers in an affectionate, protective manner. His eyes locked with her own, and his hand slipped down to hold hers. His face inches away from her own.

“I can also tell you…that I don’t believe my instincts would drive me to fuck my life over, saving a complete stranger, for just nothing…I don’t know why, or how, but I do know that in time this will grow into something I cant even comprehend. The facts are that even though your not even my species, im attracted to you just as much, if not even more…”

he paused for a moment as he almost stuttered in nervousness.
“Look…I put my life on the line for you, and I don’t do that for any random person…especially not a human, but if your species mating is so sacred…and ties people to each other that much, then I can offer you the same a human male would…if you bearing my seed, carrying my set, and keeping yo--..us, alive means giving myself to one woman, I will try. That’s all I can promise you.”

He tilted his head just abit more and slowed down, right now her answer was what mattred. No use explaining any more, or sugarcoating anymore. Her reaction would decide her and his fate, without question.
The forest outside grew quiet, just to let his words have that much more meaning and Impact. No one was around, the sound of the new falling rain washed away their scents, Nature itself keeping them safe in the protected ruins.

Lizzie was startled by Rake’s words. It was clear he didn’t fully understand, but she could see that he was trying. Trying his best to relate it to what he knew. She looked into his eyes and saw sincerity, a raw sort of truth emanating from them. He was speaking honestly as far as she could tell and the way he touched her made her believe him all the more.

Rake’s weight on Lizzie’s body felt nice. His animalistic mannerisms, though not what she was used to, made her body feel things. She couldn’t deny it. To do so would only be to lie to herself. The feel of her hand in his, the way he looked at her. All of it made her body ignite.

With shaky breaths, Lizzie looked up into Rake’s eyes. She could hear the rain falling outside now, was so aware of how he felt on top of her. She could feel his heat, his words still echoing throughout her mind. Blinking, she softly said, “All right. I’ll be your mate.”

Lizzie closed her eyes just then, wondering if she’d made the right choice. Honestly, she wasn’t sure. She knew she wanted to live and she knew that she was grateful for the fact that Rake had saved her twice. She found him attractive, very pleasing to look at. But… could she love him? Could he love her? He said that he’d try. Could that be enough? She didn’t know, but given the way of things, she felt that, like him, she too needed to try.

Lizzie opened her golden eyes, her strawberry-blonde hair fanned out beneath her as she lay on the ground beneath Rake’s body. She stared up into his eyes, her own glistening with unshed tears, and waited to see what he’d do to her now that she’d agreed to his terms.

Rake blinked a little suddenly as she agreed. He didn’t expect her to do so easily, but she did just go through…probably the scariest moment of her life. All that aside, he smiled that his words had their meaning and effect, what he said was un-flawed, nothing but truth. Before anything else, he leaned down after a pause to look into her teary eyes.

Gently he pressed a kiss against her lips that slowly grew passionate. His hand laced with her own as he leaned into the kiss, hoping to banish the tears from her eyes. His body pressed down further against hers, now his free hand slowly slipping down her jeans as the intimate kiss lengthened. He broke it only when her pants were completely off of her, following by slowly taking off her hoody, and unbuttoning her shirt right after it. He tilted his head abit as he saw more clothing beneath what he just slipped off. He smiled a little bit, almost letting a chuckle escape.

“What is this?...more clothes? Do humans really need all this?”

He was referring to her bra and panties. Honestly he had never seen any, the lionesses only wore normal clothes when they shape shifted into humans. It peeked his interest naturally, and his smile helped break the hesitation she had as he leaned back down to kiss at her neck.

“More and more things get put in my way, hm?” He joked a little as it was his nature, but now she was almost fully naked against him.

He wasn’t wearing much clothes to begin with, only the pair of leather shorts, which he now slipped off aswell. His cock was fairly bigger than the average human, he was part animal after all. It grinded between her legs, against her panties for a moment, Rake not wanting to start without once again asking for her permission. He took his free hand and brushed a hair from her face, the sound of rain drowning their pants and breaths.

“Then as your mate…I promise to never have you without your permission…to never look at a woman, or lioness, the same way I do you…just tell me if your ready to proceed.” He flashed her a smile, and leaned in to press a gentler kiss than the previous. He didn’t really want to rape, or take advantage of her. He wanted her to be willing, to award him for his sacrifise.

Lizzie’s entire body trembled as Rake slowly removed her clothes and all with the grace of the cat that he was. She was tearing down the middle. Her body was telling to her to just let go, to trust in her id, allow it to enjoy the moment. After all, he was very nice to look at. But her mind. That was another story. Part of it understood what Rake had told her, found itself trusting in his words, willing to try. The other part wanted to desperately hold onto what she knew of her ‘human’ world, to find an alternate means of saving herself. It was overwhelming and she could feel the tears forming in her eyes, tears that wouldn’t spill over. Despite the conflicts she felt inside, she did find herself coming to the same conclusion each time - that there was no other way. She just hoped she wouldn’t regret the decision later on.

As Rake touched her, Lizzie could feel her body responding. It was as if he somehow knew her weak spots, knew how to caress her and evoke certain human emotions deep within her soul. His kiss against her lips was warm and enticing and the way he tried to make her laugh to help ease her fears was endearing. Aware of his efforts to make her more comfortable with the situation, she tried to let her body relax. He seemed to be pleased with her as she was with him. But did it end there? How could she know? She still didn’t know him. Not really. She could only go by the fact that he did save her for some reason, though she had to admit that that did mean something to her.

Rake undressed Lizzie until she was in nothing except her bra and panties, his body heavy upon hers. She swallowed as he removed the little bit of clothing that he still wore. Her eyes wide, she looked into his own as she suddenly felt him press himself against her, grinding as he did so. She felt her panties moisten at the sensations starting to flood her body, her breaths getting faster. She closed her eyes and licked her lips as tried to relax further. She could hear the rain, hear his breaths. Her body wanted him, she knew that, could feel that. And it seemed like his wanted hers as well. Regardless, she was still frightened, still worried that this was the wrong choice.

Suddenly, Lizzie heard Rake’s voice, soft and soothing, in her ear. “Then as your mate…I promise to never have you without your permission…to never look at a woman, or lioness, the same way I do you…just tell me if your ready to proceed.”

Lizzie’s eyes flew open and she stared back into Rake’s, processing what he’d just said to her. It was like a vow, a sacred promise. She could see that he meant what he said, or she at least hoped he did. But his tone, everything. It all seemed so sincere. The fact that he was giving her another opportunity to back out despite what he’d told her about his sacrifice. It helped her confirm her own indecisiveness.

Biting down on her lip, Lizzie just nodded. “I’m ready,” she whispered.

Before anything else at all, as soon as Rake hear her words, he placed an affectionate, long kiss against her neck. He smiled up at her, his cock still grinding lightly against her as she hesitated briefly. He only wanted her to feel safe, and his thoughts showed him how. He tossed his shorts aside, the naked male now completely visible to her as he pleasured her.

He leaned his head back, and with his teeth, cut the string of the bra and threw it next to the shorts. His hands soon worked their way down to her panties, and in an instant they were gone too. Now was the first time she would feel the raw skin and length of his cock, he began slowly grinding it against her, giving her the feel of it.

He wanted her to know what she was about to experience, he made her feel his length as he felt her urges. Her wetness making the grinding abit more easier and pleasurable. Yet he didn’t feel it was right to take her so abruptly for her first time, so he pulled back from her a moment. As he did, his hands held her own and pulled her along with him. He laid on his back, abit of water was flowing into the den from the overflowing rain.

He looked to the side for a moment, then back up to her and smiled in pure affection. A hand on her waist, and a hand rose to her cheek, caressing it with his thumb gently.

“Then straddle me…as my mate, as my queen…I will not have you wet with water…only wet from my touch.”

He Leaned up and pressed another kiss against her lips, his cock now grinding up gently against her, It was a huge thing letting her take some command. He wasn’t used to it, all he was taught was to fuck women like dogs…but she, she was different. He wanted things to go her way…he wanted to pleasure her, to protect her.

“I am yours..” he whispered his words, comforting him even further. “Use me as you wish for this once, you deserve the right to do so, my dearest Lizzie.”

Lizzie felt her breath catch as Rake turned control over to her. She didn’t expect it, but it showed her that he was choosing to trust her, that he truly wanted her to be comfortable with her decision. She could plainly see that he wasn’t used to giving up such control, not ever. And the fact that he did made her suddenly feel warm inside, like she was important, like he cared about how she felt.

Swallowing, and still shaking a little bit, Lizzie gently touched Rake’s chest with her hands. Slowly, she grazed her nails along his chest and sides, smiling a little when he seemed to shiver. She took in the appearance of his body underneath hers and the way it felt between her thighs. She pressed her hands firmly against his shoulders and began to grind her damp sex against his length, allowing him to feel how wet she’d become. She closed her eyes, relishing the way their bodies slipped and slid against each other.

Lizzie’s breathing became harder as she felt a deep heat rising within her core. She looked back down into Rake’s eyes and leaned forward, pressing her lips to his. As their lips moved over one another’s, she reached one of her hands downward, grabbing his length, guiding him to her entrance. She could feel his tip barely penetrating her opening.

Biting her lip and closing her eyes, Lizzie slowly slid her body downward, Rake’s cock filling her up inch by inch as she moved. He was definitely large, her body not accustomed to such size. But her muscles stretched nonetheless, doing what was needed to accept his invasion, sheathing him tightly.

Slowly, Lizzie began to slide herself up and down and up and down, creating a gentle rhythm with her hips as they bucked against Rake’s. She could feel her juices oozing a little as her clit began to ache, wanting so much more; all her earlier fears and worries forgotten. He’d said his senses were sharp, so she wondered if he could smell her arousal. Her cheeks tinged pink as her mind thought on such things and the pink deepened to a red when she found herself hoping that he did.

Rake loved her new built confidence as she began to take the lead he had given her. He felt her hand, her nails dig at the side of his skin and chest. It made him shiver, ache for more of her touch. Her fingers were soft, yet her nails were not, a mixture that drove him insane. He bucked his hips a little bit for her, and she began to grind over his cock herself, getting a good feel of his length and size.

To his surprise, she leaned down and pressed his lips over her own, sealing a kiss that he so eagerly and happily returned. His hand slowly slid to her waist, holding it gently. He savored the moments of innocence, the moments of pure light pleasure, just appreciating her touch. His hand slid up to her cheek for a moment, brushing a stray hair from her face and caressing her cheek with his thumb ever so gently.

He smiled at her as she finally broke the kiss, and raised herself. Her juiced began to flow over his shaft, her sex getting wetter and wetter by the second. She lifted her self up fully, and raised her ass from his bucking hips, she was getting ready to take him. Rake sank in his lust and arousal, his senses detecting her own urges and sudden need. It was almost like she was in heat, or something similar.

He felt her body beg for his touch, and soon enough she squeezed the tip of his length into her sex. Rake bit his lip tightly as she did, a little stream of blood flowing down his chin from the corner of his lip as he bit hard. He looked straight into her eyes as she looked into his, the more she pushed down, the more he pushed himself into her. Her walls squeezed and tightened around his shaft, his whole expression indulged in happiness and pleasure, begging her for more himself. His self restraint was gone, all he could think about is the next push, the next thrust.

And she began to rock her hips over his own, his own hips responding by raising even more, and thrusting his length in sync with her descends. Slipping in and out, in and out without fully taking himself from her walls. His breath became heavy, quick. His body driven by lust and pleasure, his size getting accustomed to her, stretching her for his full size soon to come. “That’s it…my love.” He said in abit of a pant . “We are one now…don’t be afraid to do as you wish.”

Rake’s words echoed in Lizzie’s ears. His words sounded so full of meaning. But how was that possible? Did he truly believe what he was saying? Did he mean every word? She had no idea, she just knew that her body was responding to his in a way it had never responded to any man’s before. It was unnerving, but it made her feelings of desire that much stronger.

As Lizzie focused on the way Rake fit inside her body, she felt her baser side coming forward. A side she didn’t even realize was quite there. Until now. Every thrust he took, every rock of her hip, the sensations she felt from such motion suddenly seemed heightened some how. It made her gasp, made her clutch at his shoulders more tightly, her nails digging into his flesh.

Looking down, Lizzie could see a small trickle of blood at the corner of Rake’s mouth. She had no idea what came over her, but she found herself leaning down towards him and gently licking at the blood with her tongue. The taste of it was sweet, raw, powerful. She couldn’t help but let out a moan, her hips rocking faster, head thrown back so that her hair brushed his legs.

All of Lizzie’s senses were spiraling out of control. Everything seemed… more. Her golden eyes wild, she pulled Rake up so that he was sitting, his legs stretched out underneath her. Still joined, she shifted so that she was on her knees. She tangled one hand in his hair and the other wrapped tightly around his body, clutching, scratching. Hips rocking against him as if in a frenzy, she suddenly threw herself at him and bit down on his collar bone. Her cries became louder, more desperate. She had no idea what was coming over her, but whatever it was, she wasn’t about to stop it. Not when she was getting closer and closer to the precipice. She could already see it. It was just ever so slightly out of reach.

Back
Top Bottom