Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What the pharoah wants for egyptiangoddess11 and truegrave

RE: What the pharoah wants (Closed)

The Pharaoh made a facial expression somewhere between a smile and a grimace.
"Yes, he was...for the most part."
Pharaoh Kamenhama's problem with his father's rule stemmed not from his political or bureaucratic practices, as he had been a political and financial genius. No, his problem came from his father's inability to relate to his own people, to see them as more than a means to an end. His father was a full divine-right monarch, his mind-set being that he was always right and the people should be grateful for his wise council. The belief that one man could not possibly see all outcomes was preposterous to him.

This was the driving force behind Hama's devotion to his people. The royal party and businessmen always talked well of his father, but if you asked a common peasant, they had either forgotten him or spit on the ground when his name was mentioned. No matter how uneducated the people may seem, they always know when their ruler cares about them or not. Pharaoh Kamenhama had done countless things to help the people, shared their grief and joy, and never acted as if he was above anybody. There had never been a ruler like him in Egypt, and though his servants and advisers adored him, he believed that part of them were uncertain as to where it would all lead. Though he was the personification of the gods, he believed only they had the right to act above anybody.

The day wore on, and as Ra started to lower his eyes in sleep, the Pharaoh stood up.
"We should get back to the palace. It is time to bathe and prepare for dinner."
Hama stowed his fishing line in the wagon and sat inside. When Kissa had joined him, the wagon took off.
"I had a good time with you today, Kissa."

Kissa sat in silence as he thought to himself. It was obvious that he was deep in thought and didn't want to be bothered. Chewing on her lip thoughtfully she glanced at him as they continued to fish in silence. Standing Kissa slipped her sandles back on and brushed the sand off her skirt, "Yes, my lord." she said and collected her fishing rod climbing into the wagon beside him.

"So did I my lord." She said softly in almost a surprised voice as the wagon started driving along.

The Pharaoh nodded and sat in silence as the wagon took them back to the palace. Once there, the two separated. Hama was bathed in his private quarters, and Kissa was using the downstairs bath. Once he was done bathing, the Pharaoh went to the dining room. Dinner was being prepared, and his family arrived in time. The prospective wives began making their way up. The Pharaoh smiled and began having conversation with his brother.

Kissa walked into the bathing house and sighed happily. The day had been surprisingly lovely. She met the side of the pharaoh Kissa hadn't expecting. Sighing she slipped from her sun warmed sandy dress and dipped into the warm water sighing happily. The other girls came in and looked at her. It was odd to see her in such a good mood. Turning they gave each other a strange look before slipping into their sides of the tub.

Happily Kissa scrubbed the sand and dirt off her skin and hair with the scented soap that was given to them. Climbing out clean and washed she dressed and dried her hair before going to the dining room. With a shy smile she bowed the pharaoh before taking her seat.

The Pharaoh acknowledged each lady as they entered the dining room. The dinner was soon served, and each of them lapsed into conversation. Hama spoke with his brother about political manners, his brother's wife about the merchant prices, his brother's son about the importance of hard work, and Kissa about fishing. The other two ladies mostly chatted amongst themselves. The dinner was lovely, and when it was over, all retired to their quarters. Hama laid down in his bed, thinking about what he should do tomorrow.

(I'm not sure what to do to make Kissa get closer to fall in love with the Pharaoh.)

((she's falling in love, just slowly, I don't like instant romance, and they haven't really spent much time together soo.....))

Kissa woke up the next morning and sighed, finally they would be heading home. She was eager to see her friends and family. Getting out of bed she bathed and dressed heading off to the breakfast table especially eager, "Good morning." she said to the pharaoh and took her usual seat as she waited for the servants to bring their food, it was still a little unusual to be waited on but she was forcing herself to get used to it.

(Well, I guess the key is spending more time with her then.)

The Pharaoh nodded.
"Good morning, Kissa."
The other prospective wives joined him and the others at the table. The meal was soon served, and everybody began to dig in. Everyone soon became wrapped up in their own conversation. He and his brother were once more discussing foreign policy, this time about the willingness of the Carthaginians to trade with them.

Kissa smiled and gave him a slight bow, "good morning my lord." She said as she sat down and begun eating. she joined a few conversations and soon their morning meal. Going back to her room she packed her weekend bag and waited for the other girls. Once on the wagon came she climbed up and eagerly waited.

The weekend had gone by far to quickly and Kissa came back to the palace looking exhausted. Her father had taken ill and her sister had been sent to the neighboring town with the other children to stop from the disease spreading to them. Already half the village had fallen ill and two had passed on to the after life. The choirs had been piling up with her mother taking care of her father leaving Kissa to fix everything and help as much as she could.

The Pharaoh spent a weekend without his potential wives. For the most part, it was just another few days at the palace. However, he really missed Kissa. Hell, he even missed the incessant chattering of Talia and Mamisa. When they came back, he welcomed them and brought them into his throne room.
"Ladies, today we will do something truly fun."

Kissa walked into throne room looking exhausted her long black hair was pulled back away from her face and braided. Sighing softly she walked forward and gave him a low bow. Nervously she glanced at the other too and bit her lip looking down, "My lord, can I talk to you for a moment?" She asked nervously wondering if he would be angry. The weekend had taken a toll on her but she needed to go back and take care of her family, it saddened her to be away longer, she had missed him surprisingly.

The Pharaoh looked at Kissa as she entered. She looked exhausted and nervous.
"Sure, Kissa. Let me know what's on your mind."
He had heard rumblings of an illness spreading amongst the peasant class. This was no doubt connected to that.

Kissa looked nervously at Talia and Mamisa and stepped closer to the pharaoh, "my lord, my father has taken ill and my sister has been sent to the village, may I go back for a bit longer to help?" She asked and chewed on her lip wondering if he would approve or not. The thought of leaving for another few days saddened her. She had missed the Pharaoh more then she had first thought.

The Pharaoh looked down at Kissa, an expression of longing buried somewhere in his austere demeanor. Seeing her for the first time in three days made it hit him all at once just how much he missed her. He pushed that down, though, so that he could ruminate upon her request. Her being gone for another few days meant the postponing of a vacation he had been planning for weeks, which of course, would be a bit unfair to Talia and Mamisa. But, he himself always prided the right thing to do, and in his heart, he knew that the right thing was to let Kissa go back and help her family. Aside from that, she wouldn't be much fun on a vacation if she spent the whole time worrying about her family.

"Of course you may go, Kissa. May Ra smile upon you and yours."
This elicited huffing sighs from Talia and Mamisa.
"Oh, of course! The first time we get a real vacation since we've been here, and the little peasant girl has to go and ruin it. No wonder my father always says that those peasants will be the ruin of us."

The two stormed out, even slamming the door behind them. Hama shook his head.
"Those two have a long way to go in terms of manners and grace. I'll have to get on their instructor about that. Pay no mind to them, Kissa. I have vast respect for you for putting your family before yourself, as it is most honorable and worthy of praise."

Kissa watched the other girls as they stormed out angrily, she shook her head and pulled on the end of her braid. Sighing she bit her lip and walked toward him nervously, "I didn't mean to ruin your vacation." She said softly walking closer to him so she wouldn't have to speak so loudly, "Go without me, I'm sure Mamisa and Talia would appriciate it." She said and reached out boldly taking his hand she gave it a gentle squeeze, "Thank you for your understanding." She said and moved away from him.

Bowing low she sighed and gave him a more relaxed smile, "Thank you for understanding this my lord." She said gently, "I know it wasn't in the agreement, but I will return as soon as I can..." She said and bowed again turning to leave. Going to her room she packed a bag and prepared to leave.

The Pharaoh shook his head.
"This vacation was for myself and ALL of my prospective wives. Without you, it is not a vacation."
When she squeezed his hand, he gently squeezed back.
"Think nothing of it."
When she bowed to him, he nodded.
"Take your time. Your family needs you more than we do. Besides, if your family does make it through this terrible illness, we can celebrate by going on vacation."

Kissa returned a week later looking exhausted, tanned and thinner. Returning to her room she knew she should bathe and change before letting it known that she returned, but all she wanted to do was seek out the pharaoh. Of course that was against the law. He had to seek her out. Sighing she set her bag down next to her furs before sitting down on a stool. Sighing she pulled her hair from the braid and ran her fingers threw it. Her skin was covered in dirt and she needed a good scrubbing.

Sighing Kissa stood and grabbed some clean clothing before quickly heading to the bathe house. Once scrubbed and cleaned she found a servant to alert her presence to the pharaoh, hoping that he would seek her out soon. It shocked Kissa how much she had missed him. How had she gone from hating him, to missing him. It didn't make sense.

The week without Kissa proved to be a tough one in some aspects. Hama had spent more time with Talia and Mamisa, who were becoming better behaved due to stricter lessons. They were quieter at the table, and more polite in how they treated the servants. He had even spent some personal time with them, receiving a kiss from each of them. It was nice, but he longed to see Kissa again, to know what her lips felt like. A servant alerted them that Kissa had returned to the palace.

The Pharaoh went to an area near the bathhouse, where Kissa was waiting for him.
"It is good to see you back. I hope your family is doing okay."
He sat down on a bench with her.
"I missed you while you were gone. Having you away is like a part of myself is missing."

Kissa sat on the bench her hair spread behind her to dry by the beautiful sun. Smiling she looked up hearing him approach. Smiling widely she stood bowed before sitting beside him again, "They are well, My sister is back home where she belongs and my father recovered well." She said and studied his features taking them in eagerly. She had missed him.

Chewing nervously on her lip Kissa reached forward and tentatively grasped his hand, it was a bold move but she had missed him, "I've missed you as well my lord." She said and smiled shyly at him.

The Pharaoh gently took Kissa's hand in his. He smiled back at her, his heart beating quickly.
"I'm glad. Affection is so much better when it is returned."
He scooted a bit closer to her and began running his other hand gently through her hair.
"I could just stare into those beautiful eyes of yours all day."

Kissa's heart skipped a beat as she chewed on her lip nervously lacing their fingers together, "It certainally is, thank you for letting me return. It helped my family greatly." She said and chewed on her lip again feeling overly nervous. She was never this nervous around him. Taking a deep breath Kissa let it out slowly trying to calm herself before looking at him again. When he ran his hand threw her hair her smile widened, "I just bathed, so it's still damp." She said feeling self conscious.

Her eyes fluttered closed again and she leaned her head into his hand gently as he stroked her hair.

The Pharaoh nodded.
"It was my pleasure. I want your family to be okay."
He could feel the wetness in her hair, but it did not bother him. Slowly, he leaned forward and gently planted a kiss on Kissa's lips. His heart warmed as he felt very close with her.

Kissa felt his lips brush against hers and leaned forward wanting to kiss him, needing to kiss him. Tentatively she took her free hand and placed it on his shoulder feeling the heat from his skin under his tunic. His lips were so soft, warm and firm. She loved it.

The Pharaoh continued to kiss her, loving the softness of her lips. With her hand on his shoulder, he slipped an arm around her waist. When they broke for air, he smiled at her.
"I have not had a kiss like this before. It...feels like the first time."
He rested his forehead on hers, just wanting to be close to her.

Kissa was breathing hard and smiling widely at him, "Neither have I." She whispered and and ran her fingers threw his hair slowly before resting her hand on the back of his neck wanting to kiss him again. A servant walked by and Kissa's cheeks turned pink in embarrassment. Even if she was a prospective bride, it was still scandalous to be seen like this with the pharaoh. Slowly she pulled away from his embrace a look of longing and disappointment in her eyes from her own actions.

Not wanting their time together to end she looked at him shyly, "Is there somewhere you need to be my lord, or could we go for a walk in the gardens?" She asked gently.

The Pharaoh was ready for another kiss when a servant walked by. Seeing what his lord and Kissa were up to, he hurried on by. Kissa seemed embarrassed, and he knew they were both disappointed to have their special time interrupted. He stood up and took her hand.
"I have no special place to be right now. Let us go for a walk in the garden."

Back
Top Bottom