Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

RP: Re-Animator (Only In My Mind)

Horror_Show

Supernova
libraryII.jpg

A family van was strolling up the street, you could barely hear anything from the music blasting and the chitter chatter. A young girl sat in the back beside one of her good known friends, her friend’s mother was dropping her off for the night. As they turned off a main street into the neighbor on her blood, they saw flashing lights on down, they illuminated everything.

“What’s going on?” An older boy asked in the very back, he was her friends older sibling.

“I’m not sure? Maybe a robbery?” The mother asked slowing down.

The young girl leaned towards the window as they drove close, what worried her is most of the police cars were in front of her house. Everyone in the van got silent realizing this as well. Not only was there police cars, there were black vehicles that looked like agents cars, and even the C.S.I. was there and yellow tape was around her front yard.

“My god…” The mother breathed turning off the car. “Girls stay here.” She said.

Before she could get out the young girl was already out of the van walking towards her house.
“Cadence!! Cadence come back!” The mother called looking back at her kids alarmed.

Cadence walked forward and a cop, and what looked like a CSI agent addressed her. They also saw the others coming out. “Who are you?” The cop asked.

Cadence eyed them funny. “This is my house.” She said in a strict clear tone. Both of them looked at each other realizing this must be the offspring of the couple that was just found dead. “Hun,” the cop bent down, “there something we have to tell you, something very bad happened here…” Interrupting him she pushed passed going under the yellow tape, others were about to stop her when the CSI agent silenced them with a hand motion, one way or another she was going to find out.

A few CSI parted so she could walk into her living room, on the floor she saw her parents both beside each other dead on the floor in their own blood, her eyes went wide as she went into shock. The sirens, the noises of everything blurred as everything went black…..

(30 DAYS LATER)

B1-1.jpg

“Don’t seem so upset, you should be thankful you’re not going into some home where we would never be able to track you down.” The mother of her friend said again, this time being in the same van. Cadence sighed leaning back into the passenger seat.

“I hardly know him, he rarely showed his face at any family event, and when I did see him, he was so weird and rude, and incredibly smart.” She mumbled feeling lost.

“He seems to have his act together; he’s a doctor furthering his schooling, seems to have money and is willing to take you in without much notice.” The mother said making a turn onto a back road.

Cadence watched as the forest was getting thicker as they kept driving. “He never spoke; I don’t think he ever said a word to me other than my step mother, his mother.” She said. They pulled into a drive way that went a long way.

“This is where he lives? It looks like a haunted house….I’m going to be trapped in the middle of nowhere. I’ll die.” She protested feeling a sick to her stomach, her friend was quiet. She was scared for Cadence; she had lost her parents, had endured therapy for a month and stayed at their house while the courts got everything settled.

“Oh calm down dear, I think it looks rather pleasant, a lot of fresh air, and no noise from the city.” The mother said stopping the car. “Want us to walk you to the door?” The mother asked.

Cadence shook her head. “So all my stuff is here already?” She asked and the mother nodded. “The service lady said he had all of your furniture and belongings sent here a week or so ago, I suppose you have your own room.” The mother said looking up at the towering house. Cadence got out of the van and walked up to the porch with a duffle bag and looked back as they were pulling out.

Herbert was down in the basement when he had just came up from the lab to jot some notes down from the last experiment, when he heard the van pull up the drive. It was an unuasual sound to him. Very few dare came up his drive. He never could really tell why.

He shut the door to the lab, locking it, then placing a key for it in his pocket. He didn't want anyone coming to take his work, even if it was a step-sister. He never knew who would be after his ground breaking discoveries.

Walking to the door he opened it just as this young girl, looking a bit rough for wear at the moment he admitted to himself, came up to his porch. "Oh. You must be, Cadence yes? Hmm... Frankly you look a bit rough. Maybe you wish to come in and make yourself comfortable?"

He motioned towards the inside of the house. The lighting was fairly dim, just bright enough for one to see without straining their eyes. The rooms were all in order, everything having its place, though it may not have been the best of places.

JC15.jpg

Cadence was startled when the door jolted opened to reveal her older step brother who she hadn’t seen in ages. She stood there feeling like a little lost white rabbit in the eyes of a snake. His voice broke her trance, she didn’t think he had ever talked to just her. She walked in slowly, and bent low when he arm when over her closing the door, he even locked it. Paranoid she thought sarcastically.

Cadence probably did look rough, she hadn’t showered in a couple days, she hadn’t slept well in weeks, and her eye’s showed it. Cadence took a look around the house. It was cluttered, not nasty, but just cluttered everywhere with furniture or books, anything. There was an upstairs, and a hallway to the kitchen, the house looked like it was a few decades behind.

Cadence started up at Herbert. She was almost as tall as him but came to his chest. He seemed a little scrawny, but something about him caught her attention but she didn’t know what it was. “I won’t bother you. Thank you for taking me in. I know your busy with school and what not.”

"It was the least I could do for my poor mother." He closed the door behind her, readjusting his glasses, to get a better look at Cadance. "From the sounds of it, you shouldn't be much of a bother. I have but one rule. Don't disturb me while I'm in my lab." He looked at her with a fierce gaze. His lab was the most precious thing in the world to him. If he knew she would disrupted his work he would have her out on the streets in a moments notice.

"Anyways would you like me to show you to your room then?" He looked up the stairs to where he had collected her things in a room to the right of the hall. He wasn't one to keen on having extra tid-bits to do in the house, so he hoped she wouldn't make much of a mess.

Cadence followed up the wooden stairs and down the hall, she saw Herbert open a door to a rather spacious room. It smelled of dust but all her things were there in boxes, her furniture as well. She would to clean, unpack and do laundry, it least it would keep her busy. The room was bigger than the one she had before, she was still lost at what to say. She missed her home, her original room and she would never see it again.

“Thanks, I won’t bother you. Promise.” She said walking in and letting her duffel bag hit the floor. She saw there was even a bathroom connected with a shower, she would have to clean that too, it least it be busy work. She turned back to Herbert being silent.

Back
Top Bottom