Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

.Hack: Ragnarok

Jugger82

Singularity
Character Thread

So...I just remembered about this old game from my past that I seriously liked: .Hack

Its also an anime from my past and it was pretty popular for me, and I always loved it. But the creators never really focused entirely on the series being made for America except for two game series and a few dubs.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be up for a .hack type of RP, what with all the classes, weapons, monsters, universe, etc. I think it would be fun.

---

Plot
In the World R:3, AIs are a commodity, but what happens when they actually rebel against the world and have the power to rewrite it itself, causing damage to The World and players alike with hacks and viruses and such? Maybe even as an attempt to break out of their virtual shell and inhabit a living being? So instead of comatosing people, it would be mind control?

Rules
No God Modding (Even through the use of hacking)
No Power Playing
No Spamming
No Flaming
No one can hack/become a hacker without my permission!
PM your forms to me!
Use images that make your character resemble some sort of warrior. Meaning, no schoolboys or maids.
If you've read these rules, then make the title of your PM to me: Chinese Food.
Unlike the game, sex is allowed within The World and can happen anywhere.

Classes
Twin Blade - Considered the Rogue class. Uses two blades, swift strikes, and deadly accuracy to defeat enemies with the most acrobatic of moves. The Twin Blade class uses light armor to protect itself.

Heavy Axeman - A stoic powerhouse character. Clad in the heaviest of armor and a giant, two-handed ax, this class is well suited for tank and damage-absorbing characters.

Blademaster - Masters of the sword, the blademaster class uses short swords with quick and accurate precision. Clad in light to medium armor, the blademaster class can always be relied on to hold the front line.

Harvest Cleric and Shadow Warlock - The Spellcaster classes. They are purely a support characters/magical damage dealer classes. Armed only with a staff and clothing, they are best kept behind the front lines all the while dishing out strong damaging magics and powerful healing magics.

Heavy Blade - A swordsman of raw power. The heavy blade class uses a giant two-handed sword to deal heavy damage to their enemies, all the while being protected with light to medium armor.

Longarm - This class is well suited for those looking to assist others in close-quarter combat with their long pikes and spears. They are clad in light to medium armor to protect themselves.

Tribal Grappler - A warrior of hand-to-hand combat. These players are equipped with their fists or gauntlets and have little to no armor to help their maneuverability.

Macabre Dancer - A class that literally brings dancing to a fight. Armed with razor sharp fans, the Macabre Dancer brings beauty to a fight to help control a crowd. They have little to no armor.

Steam Gunner - A support class built entirely on using large rifles to aid allies from afar. The Steam Gunner is the perfect support class and if forced for close quartered combat, the gun makes an excellent sword. They have light armor.

Form
Account Name-
Character Name- (Can be whatever you want, whether its a realistic name or something like xXDouble_TigerxX2.0 )
Gender-
Appearance-
Class-
Personality-
Guild- (Do not have to start off in a guild)
Other-

RE: .Hack

Iam so in i think i have one of the books at my storage area so would love to do this they become avators in a game right.

I would love to sign up for this, .hack is one of my favorite concepts it just to bad they didn't push for it here like they did in japan. Count me in.

Well thats two people. And yes, we'd RP mostly in The World rather than in real life. As for a plot, I don't know what it should be. I'm currently trying to find the first four .Hack games with Kite as the main character so I can replay them since I never actually finished playing them when I had them like...7 years ago or so lol.

never played the games or the card game but i have one manga on this that once i fetch it up out of storage i can finish reading it.

Google it.

It was about Japan and how this corporation created a massive multiplayer online game that you buy. It involved you buying a headset that wraps around your head and eyes and basically you became the person within the game. People would often play for as long as up to 30 hours.

There were a lot of different animes based on it, and I believe 3 of the many were dubbed in english. There was also two different series of video games that were released for the PS2. The video games revolved around a player named Kite and how he obtained a special kind of item that allowed him to sort of hack into the video game world as viruses (I believe they were, or other hackers) went around and put players into Comas by killing their characters or infecting them or something...Its been too long to remember exactly.

The second video game series revolves around a Player Killer Killer named Haseo, who searches for a virus/hack that took the form of Kite and killed two of his friends (Or put one of them into a Coma. I can't remember) and he goes around in search of Kite.

I don't remember what the animes were about. I know that one was about a boy named Tsukasa, but I don't remember the significance of it. Another one was about an anime that took place after Kite's video game series, where two players received special invitations to play the game and had the characters of Kite and his partner, Blackrose, but I don't remember what the actual storyline of that anime was about.

And another one was a prequel to Haseo's video game series, basically stuff that happened before Haseo's series and to the events that led up to it.

My manga was on a sister and brother that got into the game and there was something special about their avators that they was using and they find this girl who talks about finding her mother but she was a npc if i remember right that was suppose to be deletated she clings to the boy which makes his sister mad and his sister gets all the attation from the boys one in peticuler forgot who he was but he was somebody who kinda ran the game need to reread it i think it was called hack/slash or something like that .

oh okay just been awhile and i got like half way thou it then had to move i wanna read it so bad

But yeah. Anyway back on topic, later on I'm going to post up an actual RP interest thread rather than a public request of who is interested in joining. Right now I'm just watching a walkthrough of the first video game since I can't find it anywhere...I literally called all 4 of the gamestop/play n trades around my area and the only one that any of them have is part 2. Dammit I wish it was 2006 again.

lol dont you hate it when time flys . I say with all the interesnt you got just from this alone should be enoch to put up a character thread and work out a plot and just make the rp cause i bet more people join but its all on you jugger .

Actually I got all of the .hack game, this was my favorite show, generally their are players that are specials from others. and a npc that looks over the special players. Now in the new .hack you can even kill other players online but the theme in all the .hack is that people fall into comas when they die in the game and it up to the special players to fix it.

I'm gonna get around this sometime later tonight or tomorrow. Its Thanksgiving and whilst food is being prepared, I'm playing and watching the .hack series on youtube and on my PS2 (Since I found my old copy of Infection after hours of looking in spare time that I had)

Okay so I beat .Hack Infection and tomorrow I am going to buy .hack Mutation. While I am online, I am going to go ahead and make a few edits to the first post (But no actual RP storyline yet)

Sure I'd be willing to participate :) .Hack was one of my favorite animes back then, which would explain why I'm so completely and utterly in love with SAO

Hack.
Hack. Gu
Hack Twilight
as well as several other animes,
and mangas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.hack
anyways sign me up

I think we have enough people...I'm just gonna go on the wiki and look at the other classes that were introduced throughout the series so we aren't restricted to like six of the originals.

I'll get some more edits done...if you guys want to collab on a possible plot, go ahead.

RE: .Hack: Ragnarok Knights

An update.

Okay so I've managed to get the first game series after long searches and buying online and right now I'm on part 3. I'm basing a lot of stuff I'm playing from the video games on events that transpired in this game (Though this RP will obviously be noncanon so some inconsistencies can occur).

I've already decided on a name for the RP, the Ragnarok Knights. Though, I will elaborate as to what this title will mean for this RP in the future when I get more information about the game and more ideas on how to set up the story, but its basically going to be like all .Hack series:

Some virus is going around within The World and its up to players to put things right before mass destruction in the real world ensues due to the viruses and such. I'll be adding more...flavor to the actual plot later though. I'm still encouraging you guys to speak of ideas if you have any, as all are appreciated and will be taken into thought.

Just another update. I can't really think of an actual plot. I'd really appreciate it if anyone who is still interested in this RP to contact me with ideas so I can form something. I really don't want this to be just a MMO game where we go around killing stuff and doing events without any sort of conflict/threat to our characters.

Just poking this thread to express my interest. ATM its 6am for me though, so I'm going to bed. I'll come back with something when I've had some sleep.

still thinking for some reason my mind draws a blank and i know its vast on imagination.

I getting ready for exams I not going to be as active until it's over. But for ideas, seprated from the series Think of a character that doesn't have a counterpart into the real world that sees a threat to 'the world' and gets players from the real to fix the problems.

I was thinking something along the lines of...

In the World R:3, AIs are a commodity, but what happens when they actually rebel against the world and have the power to rewrite it itself, causing damage to The World and players alike with hacks and viruses and such? Maybe even as an attempt to break out of their virtual shell and inhabit a living being? So instead of comatosing people, it would be mind control?

Back
Top Bottom