Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dragon Singer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxWriter

Cluster
BlackDragon.jpg
for hundreds of years, the City of Therinsford has been protected by a Dragon, the mighty beast chasing off kings men and raiders alike, as well as beasts that might cause Harm to the human population that he protected. every month the townspeople gave him a large beef cow as payment for the impressive protection. the choosing of the cow was left up to the Dragon Priests, but once every ten years the massive beast requested something else, on the first day of spring, every ten years, he was given a human woman, the prettiest woman in the city, also chosen by the priests. it was that day, and everyone was frantically getting everything working and ready, constructing the large carriage that would Carry the Dragon Chosen. instead of riding on the Dragon's back, or in the dragon's claws the Dragon Chosen rode in the carriage in safety and comfort. The Carvers where finishing the final designs on the Carriage, the roses and the slithering lizard 'dragon's' intricately designed to be just as pleasing to the eye on the outside, as it was made to be soft and comfortable on the inside. The thick plushy pillows would make the ride smooth and comfortable.

the bells began to Toll, the loud chiming attracting the attention of the entire town as the prettiest girl in the village slowly, stepped out of the temple and down the street, dressed all in white as she slowly moved over to the long platform that would bring her to the Dragons head when he appeared, you could see him in the sky now, his massive black form blocking the sun for a moment before he landed in front of the platform, his massive yellow eyes examining the woman before for a long moment. She was the prettiest woman in the village, her soft golden hair and sky blue eyes and tiny figure... she was trembling, terrified of the Dragon before her, nearly sobbing... because once you where given to the Dragon, you didn't come back for ten years... sometimes, you didn't come back at all. He Sniffed at her, and then he did something he had never before done. "i do not wish to have this Female." he growled suddenly, everyone gasping in armament, the young woman collapsing in relief, so overcome with emotions and joy that she wasn't being taken away that she had started to sob. "i want all females, age ten to twenty to gather in the large stone clearing." he ordered with a growl, the priests bowing, everyone looking in astonishment, whispering and muttering in shock as those who had been ordered, whether they walked themselves, or where forced into the massive town square.

The Dragon stood above them all, proud and regal as he examined every female as they walked in, his long forked tongue tasting the air before he suddenly stood and walked to the middle of the group, lowering his head to stare into the eyes of one specific female, breathing in her scent with one, long, almost never ending breath before releasing it with a pleased sigh, his hot breath, smelling strangely sweet, ruffling her hair and clothing. "You." he ordered, straightening. "you, are The Dragon Chosen." he stated calmly, turning his head to look at the large comfortable carriage she would ride in, everyone looking even more astonished, whispering as the Dragon's eyes remained fixed only on the woman that he had chosen. The Priests rushed forward, their black and golden robes shimmering as they gathered the Woman he had chose, carried her into the Chosen house, and stripped her naked, dressed her in a beautiful white gown while the others went to her house and packed all of the things she would need. Clothes, knickknacks she might want to keep, everything that was hers was packed up and placed in the storage of the Carriage. And then she was pulled out of the house, and settled into the Carriage, the Dragon calmly watching from a distance as the Dragon Priests bowed and offered him the Carriage, the Chosen could watch from the many windows as the Dragon approached her, gripped the side Handles of the Carriage, and spread his massive wings... launching them all into the air.

Jenna had really no fears as she went along the streets because of their great protector, he made sure that they were all safe and sound and their town did not put up with anyone breaking any of the laws that were set down. She was walking threw the market square in her lovely sun dress, it was a pale yellow with red and blue roses starting from her large breasts, the vines running down from them and curving down around her hips and ass, her eyes were an emerald green and her hair was a fiery red, making it clear to everyone that she was trying to attract the eyes of the men, for she was in fact unmarried and looking for a suitor. She was really happy this year since she had dodged the bullet as you might say since she was not chosen, so she had a spring in her step. However she was not really afraid of their protector, it was more of the case of not having a real choice or say in the matter and that just made her really mad. She gave a sigh as she put a few things in her basket from the market, to eat for her next meal, until she started to hear the bells toll and then let out a sigh and shook her head. It was time for everyone to gather to see off the maiden that was to be given to him.

She bowed her head in respect of the other woman as she made her way to where she would meat the dragon, then when the dragon landed everyone turned their heads to him, they too having no fear. Anyone in the village would have no problems at all coming up to their protector for anything he would not harm any of them, he was as good as his word as long as they did what he asked in payment they were all safe from him and anything else that would come to call and give harm. After all he had saved their village a few times before, ok more than a few. She admitted to herself. Then when the words came from the dragon, everyone just stood there shocked and did not move at all for a time then everyone started to shake themselves beginning to comply. His words did not register to Jenna until she saw all the girls around her age started to gather and the priests started to gently tug at her arms and she did not resist them, she shivered and then shook her head, then dropping it, it seemed that there was still a chance that she would be taken by their protector. It was the price every girl of the village had to understand and except and everyone did, when she entered the gathering she moved more to the middle and put her head down trying not to attract his eye though how she was dressed would make that hard to say the least.

Jenna's breath had caught when their protector came closer it was hard not to flinch when he was close even though he would not hurt anyone of the village, she did her best not to look up or around then she felt his eyes on her and then she slowly looked up only to find the dragon looking right at her. It caused her to gasp and take a step back and then when his next words came it was as if he legs would not support her from the shock. Again she did not resist them, in fact she welcomed their help to get to where she needed to go leaning against the men and trying to walk properly. She slowly climbed in, her stomach fluttering like crazy, not knowing what to expect to happen when they got to where they were going. When their protector suddenly took off she let out a squeal of surprise as the ground was suddenly left behind and she grabbed onto anything solid not wanting to fall out to her death.

the Dragon made no indication at all that he knew he was ruining someone's life, all he knew, was that he had finally found Her. he had sought her out for so many years... hundreds of thousands of years he had looked for her, and now she was found. he knew she was going to hate him for a while at first, after all, he had taken her away from everything she had ever known, and no one knew what he wanted with the women. the few that returned after ten years, where very tight lipped about what happened in their time with the Dragon. why they never spoke of their time with the Dragon, no one knew, over time, the people had learned not to ask. they flew for a long time, his wings beating the air, in an almost smooth, calming rhythm. up and down, the sound of air whooshing past them as he left the village and circled high into the air, giving her a view that only one woman every ten years ever got to see. the village looked so very tiny, like an ants nest, and the rest of the world was spread out before her, letting her see places she may never even have heard of. massive mountains loomed ahead of her, and suddenly, the carriage touched the ground again, in such a gentle manner that there wasn't even a jerk. she had landed, perfectly safe, and the dragon carefully undid the outer latches of the carriage, which had made certain the door wouldn't pop open mid flight.

"you may come out now." the Dragon stated simply. "please, tell me your name, young Maiden." he stated calmly. "i am Zarek, last of the Dragons." he introduced himself, sitting straight and tall, looking ever so regal and powerful as he stared down at her with his large golden eyes, letting her get a look around. they where in a massive valley, sheltered in-between the Mountains. to her left was a cave opening so large, he didn't even have to duck to enter it. under her feet where wild flowers, thick grass, and spongy moss, making for a surprisingly pleasant home. there was a massive lake in front of her, and there where cows milling about, chewing on grass, little calves running all over the place. he wasn't even eating the cows they gave him, at least not all of them. clearly, they where sitting out there and breeding, but why would he ask for one, if he wasn't eating them? whatever this Dragon was doing, it was clear that he was not as simple as everyone had assumed... especially since, until that day, none of the villagers had ever heard him speak before. he normally only spoke to the Dragon Priests, and many of the villagers had assumed he wasn't capable of actual speech.

"Come inside." he offered, turning and heading inside of the Cave before she could start demanding answers to questions he was certain that she would have. inside was a massive pile of blankets, and clothing, pillows and various other things to make a massive 'nest' that was clearly Zarek's bed. there was a large portion of the cave that was blocked by massive, massive hangings that where so thick, no light, or sound would penetrate them. "this is your room." he admitted, using a single claw to gently spread the curtains. inside was a roaring fireplace to keep the little area warm. there was a large feather stuffed bed, and a massive dresser which could hold all of her clothes, and where filled with finery, beautiful dresses in her size, and gems and jewelry for her to enjoy. he left her there, unpacked the carriage, and gently settled the piles of packs at her feet, they where hers after all. "do you wish assistance in your unpacking?" he asked, blinking at her. "if not, i will fetch you some food, and i will answer any, and all questions you have during your dinner."

Jenna's mouth dropped open as they flew higher and higher, the view of everything becoming so wonderful and vast it made her forget all of her terror from flying. She wondered how often that this would happen, if she would be flown around a lot or if she would be stuck in one place. She started to get confertable as the miles went by her lovely eyes staying wide as she took everything in, slowly the death grip loossend, then she took hold again as the carriage started down and then landed softly onto the ground. She was surprised at how softly they had landed, she watched as the dragon started to unlock everything to release her from inside as if there was any need for them to have such a thing other than safety since she would not run. She started to slowly calm and gather herself for what ever was to come next, weather is be bad or good.

At the Protectors words she started to slowly come out watching her step her mouth starting to gape as he spoke to her, and she licked her lips as she took a deep breath. "I am Jenna." She said softly as she went down into a deep curtsy to their protector. Then she gave a nod when he had given her his name. "It's nice to really meet you for the first time...... Zarek" She said doing everything she could to keep her voice steady but it still shook at least a little from nerves but not really much fear at all. Her eyes just simply drank him all in taking every inch of in shaking slightly at how fierce he must look when angry. Having no idea why that thought came into her head. Then when she came back up her eyes started to look around at everything, this place was really lovely if she was any judge. It was plane to see why this place had been picked out, it would make any girl that he brought here feel at least a little at ease, which would need to be done because of the fears that would leek out no matter what they all believed. As she took everything in she saw the cows out and around eating the grass, maybe he didn't eat as much as they thought, as a question started to come to her lips the dragon speaking to her cut it off abruptly.

Jenna gave a little nod at his command and then started to walk slowly inside her eyes scanning everything they could, her eyes took in everything that was laying around, the blankets cloths and pillows. It was kind of a mess to her with how everything was spread apart in piles over the floor, her eyes started to widen as the protector spread open a thick piece of cloth showing where she was going to end up living. That just made her mouth hang open it was crazy how much was there she did not expect to be living like this if she was ever chosen, she barely noticed the dragon leaving then then coming back with all of her stuff. then when the dragon asked if she would want any help unpacking she looking him up and down wondering how that would be possible. "No it is ok, it should not take me that long. Besides how would you help me sort and move things about?" She asked with a little smile. As she started to work quickly thinking that he would not want to have to wait for her too long. "I will welcome the food and asking questions when I finish." She said softly.

he offered her a small smile... or it looked like a smile anyway. he had to chuckle at her reaction to her room, which was even larger than her house had been. if she looked more, there where even things to entertain herself with, piles upon piles of cloth, if she liked sewing. threads for needlework. there where books of all kinds, there where even very expensive paints and canvases if she wanted to try painting. there was anything a proper woman might want to keep busy, and it was clear, she was going to be positively spoiled. he smirked at her when she commented on his size, and his massive wings made a shrugging motion. "i have my ways." he admitted simply, before he let the curtain fall back into place, leaving her to her unpacking. by the time she had gotten everything where she wanted it, the entire cave smelled of delicious things to eat. but when she stepped out, there was no hint of the Dragon, instead, there was only a very handsome Man, who was standing over the massive fireplace in the back of the Cave, his ink black hair falling to his waist as he looked up with golden eyes and offered her a smile.

"so you have finished unpacking then?" he asked, looking amused. "please, come and sit, Dinner is almost done. you have questions, yes?" he asked, wondering how long it would take her to realize that he was Zarek. the Dragon so large it could swallow a man without even chewing... was a human!.. or rather... he looked human. he settled a plate of Sushi on the table. there was all sorts of delicacies, from all over the world. Sushi, and Slices of Mango and Orange, small chunks of coconut and Blood Sausage. there was all kinds of delectable meats, and strange vegetables that she'd never even heard of, let alone seen, or been able to try. "please, sit, eat anything you desire." he offered, smiling as he poured her some weak Wine, humming a little as he enjoyed little plate of everything. "so, Jenna. what did you do? do you have any interests, or Hobbies?" he asked, blinking at her with his bright golden eyes.

Jenna finished with what she was doing and then came out of the area that was to be her room, not really paying too much attention to what else was spread in that room, since she wanted to get her questions answered. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw a strange man cooking in the room, she did not speak not knowing who he was. She licked her lips not sure if she should flee from this man or not, she was looking like a startled deer, her breath caught inside her. She had frozen where she was then when she started to hear what he was saying then it started to make her move. She gave a nod as she finally started to make the first steps to where the man was standing, she gave a shake of her head not thinking that this could possibly be someone else living with their protector....

"Yes I do have some questions.... maybe you can answer them...." She said slowly. "I would like to know what Zarek plans to do with me... Though it does look like he will be taking good care of me if everything that is set up in my room is anything to say about it.... Now that I am here I would like to ask why he takes one of us every ten years and does not seem to be eating all the food that we give to him? Have we done anything wrong with the herds that we gave him and is that why he is not eating it?" she asked as she tried to get her bearings her feet moving closer to the wonderful smelling food. When she finally came upon them a look of wonder went into her eyes with everything that she had not seem before. Most of the food looked like it came from far away maybe even distant lands. Jenna suddenly plopped down at his next words looking at the food, starting to take a little bit of everything that was laid out wanting to try everything that she could. As she eat she answered him when ever she didn't have something that she was enjoying trying for the first time. "What I mainly did was to help out my mom with what ever needed to be done. There is almost always work to be done around the house. As for interests or hobbies I do some needle work, but I would like to try and do some other things if I were ever to get the time.

he chuckled at her sudden stop as she saw him, and he watched her gape at him, shaking his head a little. "do with you? well he's not going to eat you if that's what your asking." he stated simply. "he always spoils the women he takes in. he likes to give people things." Zarek admitted, looking amused. "there's nothing wrong with the Herds. when the Peace Treaty was first formed... you... what are they called? the ones with the funny hats?" the Dragon Priests. "well, they where the first to speak to the Dragon. they decided he needed food, and suggested beef. he agreed because he didn't want to be rude." he admitted simply. "so, every month, he gets a new cow. if it's a male, he sends it to a local farm, if it's a female, he leaves it out there to breed and be milked... he really does like milk. he'll drink three or four galleons a day." Zarek admitted, licking his lips as he watched her eat, enjoying his own meal. "as for why the Dragon takes a woman every Ten years... that, is a little more complicated. there are several reasons really..."

Zarek sighed as he set down his silverware. "you see... he is the very last of his kind... many, many years ago, centuries, eons. i don't know, i don't see time the same way humans do." he admitted, blinking at her. "the Dragon's where the Moon Mother's creation. they where supposed to guard, and protect Humanity... and each other. in the beginning, that is what Dragons did. forged from the Fires of Pit Lava, they rose, and protected human's, gave them aid, and taught them. Human's didn't war, because there was nothing they didn't need... but the Dragons where proud and conceited, and soon wondered why they had to protect such a weak and inferior species... so they left the humans to fend for themselves, and played in the sky, and even took up attacking, and hurting humans for their games." he shook his head slowly. "The Moon Mother was angry... so angry... and she lashed out at the dragons, speaking words of fury. "you have denied your rights! you who have betrayed me. forever, will you sleep, and mountains will grow over your bones!" and the Dragons... one by one... fell asleep... and the earth begane to rise, and swallow them up..."

"but the Moon Mother was sad at what she had done, and decided to give the Dragons another chance, and so she reached up to the stars, and took the brightest one, and from it, she made another Dragon. and she put him on the earth, and told him of his duty. he was to wait for her, for she would be reborn one day, into the body of a woman. this woman, would sing, sing the prettiest songs, though she probobly wouldn't know it. he would take her, and she would sing, and her song will awaken the Dragons." Zarek informed her. "every ten years, the Dragon goes down, and accepts a woman, because i am the last, and i am so very lonely..." he looked amused. "and it's a woman because the Priests gave me such horrified looks when he asked, 'why not men?' apparently they assumed i was going to be... how do you say it? fornicate? yes, that is the word they used." he admitted, shaking his head. "so, i take a new woman, every ten years, waiting for the Moon Mother to be reborn." he admitted, blinking at her. "i am the very last Dragon Jenna... and my only goal in life is to bring the others back, so that we all can guard humanity, and stop these silly human wars."

Jenna lessened carefully to the answers she was receiving from the man, trying to put everything together that she could from them. Then she gave a nod with a little grin at her first answers and then even gave a little giggle, when he described the priests. After he answered the first set of questions she was starting to put things together about who this man was, though she was having a real hard time believing it, even though it seemed to be yelling at her. Then she started to slow her eating when the man set his silverware down, then she gave him more of her attention since it seemed like he was going to get into something very important.

As she lessened to the story, images flashed threw her head as he laid out what happened as he KNEW it, since it was getting more clear that he was the protector though she did not know how that was possible. As he went on, her eyes got wider and she started to lick her lips because of her nerves. When he had finally finished with saying everything, she could not work up to speaking for quite a few minuets before she started to swallow and breath normally again. "That is hard to believe... and a lot to take in... So you think that I am the one that you have been searching for??? I don't know if you have the right girl, I have never really been anything great, if anything I am more of the more normal people in our village. I Do hope that you will find her so that you will not be all alone anymore other than our village of course. I can understand wanting your kind to come back....." She said not really sure what she should do or say from here.

he watched her intently, his head tilted a little as he studied her intently, his head cocked to the side as he watched her react to the story. "i never said that you where this girl." he admitted simply. "you might be this girl... you smell like the Moon." he admitted with a small smile. "i won't know anything for certain until you unlock your powers, if you have any. simply by being here, with me will be enough to unlock your gifts, should you be the Daughter of the Moon." he admitted, blinking at her a little. "if you are not the Moon Mother, i will simply enjoy your company as i have the rest of the women, and let you decide at the ninth year if you want to return to Therinsford, or go to another village." he admitted simply. "amusingly enough, most of the woman like to go to other places." he admitted with a slight shrug of his shoulders. "i have waited for thousands o years. if you truly are not the moon mother, i can wait a thousand more." he admitted simply. "Time does not pass like it does for humans." he admitted simply before he returned to his meal.

he didn't mention the dangers of being the Moon mother, just as he hadn't mentioned the beasts that had whispered into the Dragon's ears to make them conceited... if Jenna really was the Moon Mother, the beasts would be there, trying to stop, or even trying to kill her. "during your time here, you can have anything you ask for." he promised her. "we can even go to other villages. there are many under my protection, my territory is quite vast." he admitted simply. "you would be a welcome guest at any number of them, though none of the villages know that i can assume human form." he admitted. "only the Dragon Chosen know, and they are usually sworn to secrecy before i show them." he smirked. "but, since i chose you, instead of the Dragon priests, i figure you have a right to know things others don't. moon goddess or not."

Jenna tilted her head to the side not quiet understanding. If he did not think that she was the one then why did he pick her out..... Just because of her smell and it might of been a chance to be her... Though how could something like the moon have a smell she wondered. She gave her head a shake and looked at the man. "I Do not know what you mean. I don't have any powers and I don't think ill get any even if I am here with you..... Though I think I might enjoy your company since you have given me a lot and have not tried to hurt me or anything." She said with a smile telling him that she did not even believe that he would do such a thing. Then she started to think and wonder what it would be like to live for so long like he did. What could happen to her of so many years.... She shook the thoughts away and gave a sigh.

Everything started to come back to her mind when she heard the dragon speak again. "Thank you I would really enjoy seeing other villages. After all we really don't get to travel that far at all from our home. As for what to ask for I know about so little I would not really know what to ask for." she said with a rueful smile. then she gave a nod after he finished talking about what he was letting her know about, it really struck her hard about how much he was telling her and it was making her feel good that he opened up to her so much.

he chuckled a little and shook his head a little. "do not fret, i understand that you are not aware of such things... if you are human, then you are human." he admitted simply. "but i must have my hope, or life... will grow more tedious than it already is." he admitted with a small sigh before he smiled at her a little. "i am not capable of harming humans. the Goddess made certain that i could not follow in my predecessors faults. i can do harm to enemy humans, trying to invade my territory, but any human in my territory, is mine to protect. and i cannot do them harm unless it is to defend myself... occasionally i do get men i shiny metal suits in here, trying to call me a evil beast that needs to be slayed." he admitted, looking both annoyed and amused. "well, i will have to make certain that you can see the other villages then. many of the other Dragon Chosen decided to live in other villages. more exciting they claimed." he admitted with a chuckle. "oh! before i forget... are you learned?"

many of the village women, didn't get schooled. the prettier they where, the less education they got, because the Priest's wanted them stupid so they wouldn't fight when they where given to the Dragon. "if you cannot read or write or add, i will have to teach you." he admitted simply, nodding a little. "it is important to know such things if you are going to be self reliant." he admitted simply, nibbling on some more food as he examined her. "also, have you ever seen a physician? a doctor?" clearly, he wasn't just going to spoil her, he was going to make sure she was happy, healthy, and smart too. really, the Priest's ideas of what happened to the women, where completely backwards. many of the villagers, assumed that he wanted the women to breed with, and to keep his home clean... like a maid. he didn't seam at all interested in making her scrub floors or strip naked.

Shannon let out a sigh at his words a knot behind her shoulders relaxing that she did not even know was there. She gave a nod at the protectors next words, after all everyone did deserve hope no matter who they are after all. "Well I do not understand why anyone would try and attack you without cause. Our village has always excepted what you have done for us and you have never done us any wrong." She said with a smile and moved closer to him, putting a hand on his leg and giving it a pat. Then when his question came out she was a little started and turned her head to the side thinking about the question. "Well I am a little, I can read and write a bit though I still have problems figuring out what words say and I can do easy record keeping nothing too complicated. I am always up to learn more." She said to him giving her shoulders a shrug then sitting up strait to show pride in her self drawing attention to her form.

"If you can teach me to do those things properly then I would love to get them down right." She said then started to calm down a little, then her back when up after he asked about the next thing. "I have not been to the doctor in some time, I am healthy as any man can see. I do not go see them unless I am sick and I haven't got that sick in a long time." She said looking at him wondering why he would want to know such a thing, did she look sick. She was starting to get a little worried now did she look like she was going to come down with something?

h smiled at her a little, shaking his head. "not all of the villages have deals with me." he admitted simply. "sometimes rumors get out that i have a woman up here and they think i've stolen them. they usually come to rescue the women... not that they every actually want to be rescued by the time they get here. most of the women liked being spoiled." he admitted with a small chuckle, smiling as she patted his knee. "your village is only one of several after all... though, your village was the only one to come to me to ask for protection." he admitted. "your village chiefs at the time actually got on their knees and begged me... though, i suppose with the ocean so close to you, i imagine you where attacked a lot back then." he admitted. "the other villages where more protected." he admitted smiling at her. "and of course i will teach you. you are a Chosen! it is only right that you lead a proper life." he teased, winking at her before shaking his head.

"the doctor visit is for prevention. that's all. i want to make sure you don't have any broken bones, or serious illnesses that will become a problem for you later in life." he assured her, chuckling a little as he smiled at her. "you look fine and healthy, but i would like to be sure." he admitted with a shake of his head. "i think i might take you to Kingsville." he admitted, smiling a little. "they have the best doctors, and there are some very amusing things for you to enjoy there if you want to." he admitted with a nod. "plus Alicia is there, she'll be eager to meet you." Alicia was the last Dragon Chosen, and she had been the traditional stupid beauty, but if Zarek was telling the truth, she was a smart beauty now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom