Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Idea for a WH40k Open Roleplay

First, I think this OR should be on a planetary scale; that is, it must take place on a whole planet. The planets that make up the Imperium of Man are innumerable, so that gives us leeway in what this planet would be like. It can be an entirely new planet that has never appeared in the mythos before.

Secondly, what is going on on this unnamed world? Is its government being infiltrated by an insidious Genestealer Cult? Are the Ruinous Powers attempting to corrupt the entire planet, bringing it into the folds of Chaos? Have Orks declared a WAAAAGH! on it? Or is the Tau Empire trying to subjugate it for their "greater good"? Maybe there's a legion of Necrons hiding somewhere on the planet?

Also, who is there to stop it? Certainly, it must be an Inquisitor, and his personal retinue. It's not all about me, though. Other members will have to be allies with me. I'll need people to populate this new planet, and surely enemies to fight.

The story needs to start off slow, where there are only whispers of evil on the wind, and no real problems, aside from the occasional small blasphemy about the Emperor, or a dangerous radical here and there.

Feel free to contribute, I welcome any and all opinions.

Just feeling left out. My character is an Imperial Inquisitor with the Ordo Hereticus, so he feels a little bored not having any work. I haven't seen anywhere a stealthy Inquisitor might fit in if he's looking to root out the threat within. The Inquisition's very job is to save mankind from Xenos, Daemons, and even itself, so what is an Inquisitor without a job?

Well Inquisitor, I think you're actually in the wrong area to find interest. This is more for brain storming. Unless you don't have a solid plan and that's why you're here. If that's the case then being a 40k veteran myself and having 10+ years of mythos under my belt I think I could be of use to you.

In addition, if you're interested, I'm actually running a Dark Heresy system based campaign on this site. If you'd be willing to play a neutral faction that is. I know how you imperial types can be. ;)

Me? Neutral? The Emperor's Most Holy Inquisition doesn't do "neutral". When has it ever been neutral? My job description is nice and simple. Find heretics, xenos, and daemons, then kill them. But yeah, some help from a vet would be nice. You've probably been fighting since before the time of the Horus Heresy.

Well Im more of an Space Marine kinda guy myself but we are all Children of the Emperor and i'd be glad to help if needed.

Back
Top Bottom