Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sword and The Rose. ((Kolath x Butterfly))

He smiled and joined her in trying something of everything. He was starving but being close to her was what he truly was starving for. As he felt her head on his shoulder he smiled and leaned down resting his head on hers softly. â??Mmmm, I know it is just so peacefulâ?¦there is everything here that is needed for a good long nights sleep.â? He sighed softly his eyes starting to drift close a little.

Her eyes started to drift closed as well as his was doing. "Fox...?" she questioned with her voice very drowsy, "I think I may be falling asleep..." her head was getting a bit to heavy on his shoulder and started to slip down until before to long she found her head in his lap. "Mmm, I just want a little nap..." she commented.

The Fox was already so far gone that he just nodded, â??Mmmâ?¦â? and leaned back against the tree as he head ended up in his lap. His hand gently stroked her hair out of reflex till he fell into a deep peaceful sleep finally near the woman that he loved.

She was already asleep by the time his hand stopped it's movement and he slipped into his own sleep. It was only a little cat nap for them both, but it was well needed after both their long sleepless night. Anya only stirred as the light shimmered straight down with the midday sun through the trees. "Mmmmm!" she groaned a little, stirring and turning to press her face into his stomach were the sun could not hurt her eyes.

Her movements woke him and he stretched a little. His hand fell lightly onto her hair and brushed it softly as he looked down seeing her head in his lap. Smiling he leaned his head back stroking her hair not thinking about anything other then just enjoying her being close like she was right now. It was all he wanted, to be close to her without her worrying about her mistress or what would happen if they were caught. That is what waited for them once they left.

"Mmmm," she grumbled again as she turned her face to look up, catching his gaze and smiling at him. "We fell asleep, didn't we? Both of us?" she laughed lightly and nuzzled her head against his hand. "About how long do you think we were out for?"

He smiled and stroked her hair more before looking up at the sky sighing. â??Mmm I would gues somewhere between four and six hours based on the height of the sun.â? he leaned back against the tree smiling. â??That was what I needed after last night. I hope you donâ??t mind that I couldnâ??t keep my eyes open any more.â?

"I don't mind at all. It was just exactly what I needed as well." She thought to herself how she should sit herself up now that they were both wake. However, she liked this place in his lap so much, relaxing and just gazing up at him.... just a little bit longer. "Do you think we have been missed in this time?"

He smiled and laughed lightly and brushed her hair some more. He picked up some more grapes that had not yet been eaten. He offered one to her and smiled holding it just over her lips. â??I donâ??t know and I really donâ??t care right now. I havenâ??t been this happy in a long time, and I donâ??t plan to let it go away anytime soon.â?

He spoke as if they could stay this way forever. But she knew it was not like that. What should have made her happy, suddenly had her frowning as she had to ask, "Have you heard from the Duke of Mount Point? It's been a long time since the demand for ransom was sent. It's almost and insult to my lady that he had not yet paid for her... our release." And that was the truth. How could he leave his fiance in the hands of a know bandit this long? "You didn't demand to much for her, did you?"

The Fox tensed as she spoke of that and sighed deeply. She just had to bring that up right now during the most perfect moment they could be having. He sighed and leaned back against the tree. â??I didnâ??t ask that much for you two I think that sending it to both your father and him confused things. They would have to work together and figure out who was sending what and when.â? It was a poor excuse but it was the only one he had. He had planned to send them on their way as soon as the prince was saved but that changed when he fell in love with Anya.

"I see...." was all she said as and sat up again, sitting beside him a moment before she rose and went to the waters edge. Kneeling beside it, she took a drink first then washed off her face... and sighed as she rose again. "Shall we be getting back to camp now?"

He sighed and packed up the food. He took her hand and they started to walk back toward camp. He wanted nothing more then to escape into the woods with her and just be with her for the rest of his life. as they neared the edge of the camp he couldnâ??t hold back anymore. He took her arm and pulled her to one side pushing her back against the trunk of a tree. He leaned in pressing his forehead to hers and sighing deeply. â??Are you really that anxious to leave? Because if you are just wanting to get away from me I can let you leave right nowâ?¦I donâ??t need the ransom. If you want to leave you canâ?¦I just need to know if you really want to leave?â?

This was exactly what she had wanted. If he let her go now, the plan will have worked after all. If she said yes now, that she wanted to leave, he would send her away and she would go free. Then when word reached him that she had been the lady all along, the ransom would be cut almost in half for the fake Terra. It was exactly what she had wanted from the start. But, she didn't want it anymore. The money for her ransom could help the Fox and his people so much.

Deep in her heart, she knew that was just and excuses to stay longer, but it was a good thing to tell herself rather then admit the truth to herself. The truth about her own feelings.

She shook her head, "I don't want to leave Fox. I... I don't know how to say it but... you know that I can't stay here. I am not one of your people. What good could I give this place? The only good is the little bit of money you will receive along with the bulk for Lady Terra. You say you don't need my ransom, but your people do. They need every penny they can get to make up for every penny that has been taken from them. You know that's the truth. So... while I would love to stay here Fox, you know that realistically, I am better off being ransomed with Terra."

Her feeling for the people here made his heart skip a beat. He gently brushed his hand over her cheek smiling tears in his eyes. â??You have such a good heart my dear. If only Terra was like you.â? He sighed and gently took her hand and started to walk back to the camp the happy feeling from before almost gone just having he close giving a nice glow to her being there.

Little did he know, Terra was VERY much like her. Little did he know, she was Terra. She hated to have to keep that truth from him, but what she had told the prince the night before was the truth. This lie had done to far and there was nothing left to do but ride it out until the end... and never look back.

The day passed and things seemed to return to normal with everyone except Anya and the Fox. There was always this worry that things would be forced to end soon, and so Nathan didnâ??t know if he should try and get as much out of every moment with her or leave her alone and not get attached.

However when he went to bed that night he found it was far too late for that. He once again was finding that he could not sleep in the silence of not having her close to him. he was already too attached to her. he lay in bed looking at the ceiling and just sighed not knowing what to do.

It was not far into the night when a knock came at the door or his own hut. Before he could even rise to open it, it creaked and Anya's head popped around the edge of it. "Fox? Are you awake?" she whispered just in case he was. But when she saw him awake, she smiled softly and entered, "Oh, good you're not. May I come in?"

The Fox was glad that he had not taken his mask off tonight but embarssed and reached for his shirt as he sat up in bed. â??Of course Anya, what is something wrong?â? he pulled the shirt on over his head and stood slowly coming over to her. his heart was beating fast ready to take on the world if she asked it of him he needed to do something for her anything because he wanted to show his love.

Her heart was beating just as fast. Thank goodness it was dark, for it hide her blushed cheeks. "I... I don't mean to intrude Fox but....... I can't sleep. And I know what it is. I'm to use to you being near me. After one sleepless night, I don't want another and another and so on so," she bit her lip and looked down, embarrassed to ask, "May I stay here with you? I just need the comfort of you near me. I know it's a lot to ask you."

â??of course you can Anya.â? He said without thinking it through at all. He closed the door behind her and then realized the one biggest problem with her staying with him, there was only one bed. He blushed and then motioned to it. â??Please take the bed I will sleep on the floor.â? He blushed because of the first thought that came to his mind was they would have to share the bed and the thought excited him greatly but he also know that he would never do that without a ladyâ??s permission.

"Oh no no no no!" she said shaking her head. "This is your quarters Fox and it's your bed. I intended to spend the night on the floor and will not take no for an answer. It's only right after you are nice enough to let me stay here." She went to his bed and took one of the blankets off it before moving for the ground, "This is all I need."

He narrowed his eyes and grabbed the blanket in her hands and stopped her from moving to the ground. â??And I will not let you sleep on the ground it is not right that a man take the bed while a lady sleep on the floor.â? He gently pushed her toward the bed, â??I will be sleeping on the floor tonight.â? He took the other blanket from his bed and settled down putting his armâ??s behind his head and waiting for her to get in the bed.

She stood by the bed and waited until he settled himself up the ground. He clearly did not realize how stubborn she was. For a moment later she stepped over him and moved a few feet from him... and plopped herself on the floor as well. "Well, then we BOTH sleep on the floor." She smiled in a sort of triumph as she put her hands under her head like a pillow and tossed the blanket over herself.

He sighed shaking his head trying to hide his smile. â??Fine have it your way but you better not blame me for your stiff back tomorrow.â? He rolled onto his side facing her as they had back in the medical ward. He covered himself and closed his eyes sighing lightly and just starting to drift off just knowing she was there was enough ot help him fall asleep.

Back
Top Bottom