Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sword and The Rose. ((Kolath x Butterfly))

Jacob wasnâ??t going to put up with that and just taking her arms in his hand pushed her back from the door being none too gentle about it. he walked in and over to the bed that Anya was sleeping on. he lightly touched her shoulder shaking her slightly. â??Anya, the Fox would like you to join him in the medical ward if you are feeling up to it.â?

"Hmm?" Anya grumbled a little as she rolled over. It took a little time for her to realize what he was saying or even who he was, but when she did, she shot up and rose, "Oh! Oh, yes of course!" They started to depart when Terra stepped in Anya's way, separating her from Jacob.

"Anya, I forbid you from going to that tyrant."

"Terra..." Anya started in a sort of warning tone, trying to remind the fake lady of where the authority truly lay. She then sighed before, pushing past Terra, "He's no tyrant. Not like you can be sometimes Terra."

Soon they were out the hut and on the way to the medical ward. She looked to Jacob, "Is he alright Jacob? Why did he ask for me? The nurses said he would not have any visitors for some time still."

Jacob was a bit shocked at how well Anya handled her mistress and it made him wonder just how much of a influence the Fox had on her because she was talking like the mistress not the servant. He led her through the camp heading for the medical ward as quickly as possible. â??He is weak Anya but he will recover I think he wants you there to just give him strength.â?

They arrived quickly at the ward and were shown to a place that was surprisingly semi-private. The vines and some sheets blocked it off from the rest of the ward. On a bed in the middle of it lay the fox mask still on but the rest of his clothing off covered by a sheet, his skin almost matched the color of the sheet.

It touched her. No one had ever thought her strong before. She had always felt it, but no one ever saw it in her. To have the Fox want to reach out for her and that strength, to draw it from her, it was touching to have him see her differently then everyone else ever had.

Coming up to his bedside, she sat lightly upon the edge of his bed. He looked terrible, worse then she would have thought. It amazed the the women thought he'd survive. Perhaps he would. Perhaps he wouldn't. But either way... she took his hand in hers and held onto it, "You take all the strength from me that you need Fox," she whispered to him.

The Fox was almost completely passed out when they came in and barely had the energy to shift his eyes and look at her. his spirits lifted a little as he saw she had come even though it made his chest hurt seeing her and the look of concern on her face. he wanted to tell her he would be ok but he didnâ??t even have the strength for that. All he could do was when she took his hand he gave hers a little squeeze just barely enough to be felt, he hoped she felt it. Just a few moments after she took his hand the strength flowing into him from that simple contact gave his body enough energy to fall asleep and his head rolled softly to the side his chest rising and falling evenly as he slept.

Hours passed. Days passed. Anya never left his side. He never had much strength, sleeping most of the time... when she did not. She thought more of him then over herself of her supposed mistress. She ate when he would sip his soup, watched him sleep, but did not herself. He was passed out so often, he probably didn't realize it. She was just to afraid to let go of his hand. Afraid that if she stopped giving him her strength he might just slip away. So she gave him her strength. Every last bit of it it until she looked like some kind of ghost herself. Dark circles under her eyes, her form a little slumped over as she sat on the edge of the bed.

The nurses had brought in another bed for her and begged her to sleep or eat something more substantial but she never listened. it happened that take day the Fox was doing much better, infection had not set in and all that needed was to replenish the blood he had lost. He had just come out of a deep sleep when the nurse was asking her to sleep or eat and she was either ignoring her or telling her to go away.

The Fox took a deep breath and pulled his hand from hers slowly to push himself up in the bed. Groaning slightly, even if they tried to stop him he sat all the way up and then looked at the nurse. â??Leave us.â? His face was slightly less pale now though he still looked sick and weak. He looked into Anyaâ??s eyes and reached up brushing his hand over her cheek â??How long have you been sitting here?â?

It wasn't that she didn't want to sleep or eat, it was this fear in her that if she let go of him or looked away for even a moment he was worsen and she just did not want that to happen. She would not let it happen. When the nurses would ask her to eat or sleep she could just smile and decline. She did make use of the second small bed they brought her to sit on it sometimes but most of the time she still sat on the edge of his bed.

It took her by surprise as she felt his hand pulled from hers. With a light gasp, she turned to see his eyes opening and his body rising. "Fox, don't push yourself," she scolded as she moved to fix his pillow to support him from behind. She smiled at him softly as he asked her a question she was prepared to lie about, "Not long. Are you feeling alright? You have given the whole camp a terrible fright."

He watched her face which would normally have told him if she was lying or not but with her being tired it screamed it. his hand brushed over her cheek and he shook his head slowly. â??You are a horrible liar, and donâ??t try to change the subject.â? He slowly leaned a little bit forward and gently drew her closer to him his lips coming in closer and closer to hers his breath playing over her lips as he whispered, â??Thank you, you saved me Anya.â?

She shook her head lightly, trying to resist the temptation to take the kiss he seemed to be offering her. "I only sat here. The other women were the ones that took care of your wound. Stitched it up, made your food. I only sat at your side and held your hand." Their lips were so very, temptingly close now.

Nathan didnâ??t hesitate when she didnâ??t pull away from him. he leaned in a bit more pressing his lips to hers. His lips were not really warm at first but nor were they cold. But as it continued and deepened his lips warmed some as what little blood his body could spare was rushed to his lips.

Finally he broke the kiss panting softly smileing. â??You see, you take my breath away.â? He leaned back clearly winded but he still found the strength to say. â??I need you to take care of yourself for me please. Without your strength I wouldnâ??t have made it please eat and rest I donâ??t want to lose you.â? He was speaking from the heart everything of the Fox gone but the mask.

She knew the kiss was coming, but that didn't help her from being surprised by it when it at last came. The coolness of his lips shoot a shiver down her spine that almost frightened her. If it hadn't warmed up, it would have had her stop mid kiss. So she let it finish out, leaving her swaying towards his lips even as he pulled them away. Light headed after such a kiss, it took her a moment to recover her wits about it enough to think. "It'll take more then a lack of sleep or food to kill me. You are, after all, the one that has lost most the blood in their body. A little lack of sleep is nothing compared to that. But, you are the boss and so..." she bobbed a light curtsy as she stood, "I will take my leave of you Sir Fox." She started to walk away, but knew she'd not make it to her own hut. She was far more tired then she would let the Fox know. Once she was out of his sight, she was going to crash where ever the nurses she would let her.

Nathan settled back to lay down sighing softly. He was glad she as going to take care of her self though he had wished she had just curled up on the cot next to his. He still wanted her close even if he wasnâ??t strong enough to hold her like he wanted.

The nurse came over to her and seeing how weak she was gently wrapped an arm around her. â??My dear you are too weak to be walking you need to rest and I will get you some food. Now go on back in there and lay down I will get you water and food.â? She gently pushed Anya toward the curtain where the Fox was staying.

It was not exactly the cot she had hoped the nurses would direct her to rest on. She thought for a moment to turn and walk away again. But she sighed.... knowing that the nurse would only stop her and turn her around again.

Re-appearing from behind the sheet she smiled shyly in his direction. "I've been give orders from your nurse to stay put. Who am I to argue with her after all the arguing I have done in the last few days while you were still out like a light?" Crossing to the cot that was nestled close to his, she sat upon it before laying herself out upon it.

She was passed out long before the nurse brought the food into her.

Nathan barely realized she had come back also on the verge of sleep.

Another day or two passed the Fox getting stronger quickly from then on and he was making sure that she was resting and eating so that she would get stronger with him. it was a few days later and the Fox was sitting up in bed putting his boots on and sighing softly. He and Anya had been spending a lot of time talking about anything and everything and he was feeling even closer to her now then ever. He looked over to the bed that she was laying in smiling. â??Feel up to a walk?â?

"I may be...." she started as she sat up herself, shaking her head, "But you certainly will not go walking. You will bust open you stitches and then I'll have to struggle to carry you back here all by myself and you'll take twice as long to recover then you would if you'd just listen to me and rest yourself a while longer." And just like usual, she thought that would be the end of it. She was right and he would listen. She should know him better then that by now.

He glared at her a little bit sighing. â??Now look here I have been in bed for nearly a week now and the stitches are doing just fine. I am going stir crazy.â? He leaned down placing his hands on either side of her looking into her eyes. â??Now I either need to go walking or find something else to occupy my time.â? He smirked his hand brushing her arm lightly. "They are about to release me anyway so its not like I can just stay here."

She blushed as he mentioned occupying his time and inched away, retreating over the other side of her cot, standing and brushing herself off lightly. "Well, if you put it that way... fine. BUT only a short walk. Can we both agree to that?"

He laughed lightly and limping a little walked over to the exit and offered her his hand. He could already tell that he wouldnâ??t get very far on this leg but he wanted to change the scenery. He took her hand and they started to walk out of the medical wing heading into the woods a little bit where they could just be out of sight and hearing from the camp. It was as far as he could go and sat down his back against a tree trunk. â??Thank you I needed to get out of there it was feeling too much of death.â?

She stayed very close to him the entire walk to the spot he finally picked to relax a bit. Worried over how he was winded after walking this far, she was going to suggest that they turn around and go back. But seeing it was better he rest here a bit, she just sat herself on a rather large rock nearby where he stopped to rest, "I don know what you mean, but your health is the most important thing Fox. These people need you to be their health and hearty leader to show them the way."

He smirked and laughed a little before coughing once at the end. â??You speak as if you were one of my people. Have I made a convert out of you Anya? Even with the regent saying I have kidnapped the crown prince?â? his scouts had reported that was the story that the regent was selling to those that werenâ??t in his inner circle. Almost everyone believed him except those that knew the Fox.

"Perhaps you have converted me but..." she looked away from him, "I am not one of your people. I'm only here for time and when... you ransom my lady, I will have to go with her." It was hard to say openly but it was the truth. How it would be so nice to remain here forever with the Fox, but she had a duty to her family to go and marry the duke. She had not seen the man for so very long, yet she still felt an obligation to him as well. That didn't mean she couldn't let herself love for just a little while before she dedicated her life to him til forever.

The Fox for a moment had his hope lifted high into the sky that she would not be leaving. Then it was dashed down to the deep pits of the earth as she insisted that she still had to leave with her mistress. How was Nathan going to survive this? It was alright for her since when she left she would leave her love for the fox behind. But he would have to still love her and have her around everyday and not be able to love her like he wanted. He coughed lightly. â??Well..I guess it would be best that we didnâ??t allow ourselves to get to close then?â?

"Yes," she said nodding her head, her tone sounding like it was more a business plan then anything else, "that would be best. But..." she finally looked at him and smiled, "at least when I leave here, I leave knowing that the Black Fox is not what everyone says he is. He is a good, kind person that is the hope for us all. I won't let anyone else speak ill of you in my presence, for I know the truth. I only hope that one day everyone else in the kingdom will know it as well."

He smiled slowly shaking his head. â??No my dear it is best that the Black Fox remain a black knight, doing what needs to be done even if the people donâ??t like it.â? he sighed wishing that it wasnâ??t so but he knew that for now at least till crown prince took the throne he would have to remain the outlaw. He stood and turned to look out over the trees as they were resting on top of a hill and you could see just over the trees out around the forest in all directions.

Back
Top Bottom