Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sword and The Rose. ((Kolath x Butterfly))

Nathan woke first and snuggled closer to Anya just enjoying having her in his bed. He knew that soon their paradise would be destroyed but he wanted to hold onto it as long as he could. He leaned in nuzzling her hair lightly sighing breathing in the smell of her before just laying back enjoying being close to her.�

Anya was still peacefully in her slumber for some time while he was awake. Nuzzling back against him, she sighed. So much for staying on one another's sides of the bed. They were wrapped in one another's arms. And that's just how they were when the knock came at the door. "And urgent message from-" started Jacob's voice as he entered without being bid permission. He knew the Fox would be up. But when he turned and saw the scene before him, he was shocked. His face went blank as he just looked at the sleeping Anya in the bed nuzzled next to him. He judged with his eyes as he came and handed Fox the message without another word. Turning to leave though, he had a few parting words before he left, "Don't do anything you'll regret later..."

Nathan takes the letter and scowls at Jacob. He sighed a little and working around a little he got both hands up allowing him to open the letter.

â??The Earl of Winston, to his grace the Duke of Mount Point.

My lord, I will be brief. I am most distressed at your lack of action regarding the kidnapping of my daughters and your bride to be. It worries me and if you do not do something quickly I will be forced too and you can consider the wedding canceled if I am forced to.

Signed his honor the Earl of Winston.�

Nathan growled deeply and crumpled up the letter and threw it into the fire. There was nothing left for him to do and no reason to delay any more. At least nothing Jacob would let him delay for. Nathan would just have to start things on the path to their release.

The extra smoke that was suddenly coming from the fire tickled Anya's nose, making her sniffle a little as she slipped from her slumber and awake. She blinked a little as she smiled up at him. "Good morning, did you sleep well Fox?" she had no idea this bliss was so close to being over. And then the problems would only just begin.

He smiled and sat up a little looking down at her. â??Yes I did, you?â? he slipped out of the bed going over to his writing table looking down at the blank sheet of paper sighing. â??Care for breakfast?â? He only had so much longer with her here and he wanted to take every moment he could with her.

Nathan got the letter of to his man back at the castle telling him to set things into motion. At the same time he composed a letter to the earl making up a excuse as to why he had not yet paid the ransom. The letters would take time and he made sure to spend as much time with Anya as he could. He continued to teach her archery, and started into showing her how to survive on just the food to be found in the forest. Then the letter showed up from his chamberlain and he knew that he had to tell Anya that things had startedâ?¦it could wait till tonight.

Anya had been in a state of bliss the whole time with the Fox. She had not noticed how they spent every moment with one another since that one morning. Her skills with a bow and arrow grew and soon she excelled at it. The first time she hit the bulls-eye the whole camp knew from her scream of joy and the way she smiled and walked with an extra skip in her step for the rest of that day as well as most of the next as well.

But she could tell something was a miss the day the letter came to Fox letting him know things were set into motion. They had spent so much time together she could tell by now the slightest difference in him. "Something troubles you Fox," she said as a statement rather then a question. "What is it?"

He sighed leaning back against the tree at dinner, that they were eating alone, when she asked the question. It was all he could do not to break down at that. He didnâ??t want her to go but he knew that there was no way that he could have her stay. He reached over brushing a stray hair from her face. â??I received a letter from the duke today. He is ready to start bargaining for you and Terraâ??s release.â?

This paradise. This bliss. It suddenly all came crashing down. "Oh....." was all she could say at first as she picked at her food, suddenly not feeling very much like eating. Anya knew it was all going to have to come to an end, but for a time she didn't need to worry about it. Now though, time was short for them. "How long do you think it will take to reach and agreement on price and the exchange to happen?"

He shrugged a little trying to think over how long it would take if he was really talking to a kidnapper instead of himself. â??I donâ??t know it could be a few days or a couple of weeks. All depends on how pig headed the duke is. â?? he smirked a little, â??And what little I have heard about him this could take years.â? He said with a smirked clearly joking, trying to lighten the mood a little.

But she didn't laugh back. In fact, she was quite pale all of a sudden. "Is... is the duke truly all that bad? Do you know anything of this duke?" She didn't tell him the true reason she was asking. She knew little to nothing about the man she was to marry. "Do you think my lady and I will enjoy living in his household? I mean... does he mistreat his people?"

Nathan realized that she was taking him seriously, and he could be hanging himself if Anya gave her opinion to Terra. â??I know a little about him. its what I donâ??t know that means more to me. I know that his people have little to complain about. they do not see a reason to support a uprising against the prince since the Duke treats them well enough that they have more then they need. If something goes wrong in a harvest, the duke opens his stores to them. He seems to be a good man though not well liked among the nobility.â?

"That last bit I did know of," she confessed to him, not realizing at all she spoke about him TO him. "Terra's father, the earl, I overheard him speaking with my mistress before we departed. He told her that if he had known the kind of man the Duke was going to grow up into.... he would not have signed the marriage contract. No matter how good of friends he was with the Duke's father." That was a true story. Her father had told her that very thing the night before he sent her away. "I think my mistress fears the man. I think... I might fear him as well because of it."

He shrugged a little worried as he heard about the Earlâ??s reservations about letting Terra marry him. it was in one way a relief but at the same time he worried him that his reputation was getting a little to hated. â??I donâ??t think he is someone to fear he is not violent or truly crazy though some of the nobility think he is.â? He gently slipped an arm around Anyaâ??s shoulders, â??Anyway I thought you should know about the letter.â?

Anya tried to crack a smile and sort of did, thought it was clearly troubled never the less. "Thank you. I should find Lady Terra and let her know." She moved away from him. The distance already growing between them. The separation. "I will see you at bedtime."

She wandered off, finding Terra as always in her hut. Anya shared the news with her and the girl was ecstatic! "At LAST! We will be free of this place and finally going to our new home! I have to say, if I were you, I would be very cross with the Duke when you ask him why it took him so long to ransom us."

But Anya was only half listening. She was thinking however of the duke. What if they hated one another? What if this marriage never was able to find love? What if they could not even find friendship between them? And it would only hurt more for she would know that she had once had both and let them slip from her fingers without ever really know how far that love could go.

Or did she dare go to that place?

Nathan sighed leaning back against the tree after she was gone. He looked up at the sky the first stars just starting to come out. What should he do? He knew that Terra was the woman he was supposed to marry. However based on what he had seen over these past few weeks of her being here it was all he could do not to just call it off. He sighed deeply and finally as darkness fell over the camp he headed to his rooms. He wanted to spend his life with Anyaâ?¦if only he could figure out how.

By the time Anya had finished speaking with Terra and reached the hut she had been sharing with Fox all this time, her mind was made up. She couldn't live without knowing what love really tasted like. Perhaps the wedding would be off after she did what she had decided to do, but it did not matter. She would rather be "ruined" then live a life without at least once knowing love.

"You still awake?" she asked as she came into the room with him.

He had just gotten to the room a few moments before her. he hadnâ??t decided what to do. He would never force her to do anything but he wanted to taste what it was to be in love. He turned smiling at her. â??yeah still awake just got back myself had some thinking to do.â? He went over to his side of the bed and pulled back the covers and sitting on the edge and kicking off his boots. It was all normal, he had no idea to start what he wanted to say.

She nodded slightly and took a deep breath to clear her mind. She was about to be bold. For the first time in her life. "I was thinking too..." she trailed off a little bit as she crossed to her side of the bed. But she didn't turn the covers down as he did. She sat there on top of the covers a moment, closed her eyes, sighed. This was a now or never moment. She turned and moved to kneel on the bed, crawling across it to him, settling beside him. Without a word, she took her hands and gently grasped his face. Turning his face to her, she captured his lips in a kiss that demanded his full attention. Passionate and fiery.

He froze as she sat next to him not sure what to do. As she took his face in her hands he didnâ??t fight leaning in and letting her kiss him. Alll his arguments and reservations melted away in that kiss. He finally slipped his hands up and cupped her face lightly kissing her back. His hand slipped into her hair lightly holding her lips against his as he kissed her deeply, his passion for her rolling into the kiss.

She moaned into his lips, groaning even, passionately. Anya was pretty sure that he had gotten the message she was attempting to send to him. She wanted and needed him this night. More then just sleeping beside him. Her hands started to roam a little, down to his neck, rubbing his skin down his arms to eventually tug at where his shirt was tucked into his pants.

He moaned back into her lips growling softly. The rational part of his brain had already shut down, he was totally into this moment. His hands rubbed down her sides and gently wrapped around her waist pulling her close against him. he leaned back not pulling away instead pulling her down with him as he laid back on the bed. His hands brushed up her back and into her hair as he continued to the kiss letting her do what she wanted with him clothes.

While she didn't quite know what she was doing, instincts just seemed to be taking over. As he laid back, she moved with him, pressing her body down against his and rubbing her full body against his where ever they happened to touch. "Fox..." she whispered a little between their lips as she tugged the shirt up and attempted to get it over his head.

He moaned softly and lifted his arms to let her pull his shirt off. He instinctively rested a hand on his mask to keep it on. he wasnâ??t trying to hide anymore it was just instinct. He kissed her deeply as she started to speak. â??Shhhhh I know, I feel the same wayâ?¦but donâ??t say it I could never let you go if you say it.â? his hands slipped around her back and slowly started to work on the ties for her dress.

She nodded her head a little, her breathing already changed to a light panting sound from the intensity of their actions already. "I know..." she whispered back. "I know..." was all she said before going back to kissing him once more. She let him work on her dress, showering him with kisses while she waited for him to finish the task.

He finished undoing the ties on her dress and then leaned back looking into her eyes. His fingers brushed over what little newly exposed skin there was up near her neck and shoulders, having not yet opened her dress most then just undoing the ties. His hands came around and he slipped his fingers under his mask, starting to pull it off. He knew that her knowing who he was would possibly lead to problems but he wanted her to know. Only she would stop him from showing her his face.

Back
Top Bottom