Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Improv Rules for RP

DaddyisHere

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
So... I've been RP'ing for about a year now and I've worked with a variety of partners ranging from people who post a sentence or two, up to multi-paragraphs.

I have a performance background, and one thing I've realized is how much some of the rules of Improv can apply to RP'ing, especially in two specific areas.

1 - Never Say No.

To be clear about this. We have kink lists, and it is always important to be clear about offs and ons before a RP. So, when I say 'never say no' I don't mean that if you've been clear that you don't like anal sex and the partner tries to go there, you should say yes. What I mean by that is, if your partner asks yours to do something and you respond with a simple 'no', the partner has nothing to react to. It doesn't mean you have to agree, but it does mean you need to negotiate

EXAMPLE:

'Hey, how about if we go out to that new club," said Carl. "I've heard it is awesome.

Response A): 'No, I don't like clubs."

Response B): "Hmm, are you trying to get me drunk and take advantage of me? We don't need to go out for you to do that. How about a nice night in. I've got some wine in the fridge. I'll even dance with/for you if you want."

2 - Always react.

You know, I've rarely delivered one-liners. However, it took a while of receiving them to reailze what they were.

Here's the key. the annoyance of a one-liner is not just a single sentence response. it is the fact that your partner has done nothing to move the scene forward.

TWO EXAMPLES OF ONE LINERS, BOTH EQUALLY ANNOYING:

Carl massaged her shoulders, squeezing sensuously before working his way down to her back. He found several knots and kneaded them away, continuing to work his way down.

Annoying response 1)

"Mmm, that feels good. (and nothing else)

Annoying Response 2) (the echo technique)

Kari sighed as Carl massaged her shoulders. She moaned as he worked on her back, finding knots and working them out with his strong hands. She'd really needed this. It had been a very stress-filled week.

"Mmm, that feels good," said Kari (and nothing else).

The point being, the reaction isn't there (beyond a moan). The other player hasn't done anything to keep moving the scene on.

All it has to be is something as simple as adding something like this on the end.

She reached back with her hand and guided his hand to her ass.

"Aren't you going to massage anywhere else? I have so many aches and pains... everywhere."

or

She sighed and rolled over, guiding his hands to her breasts.

"I'm a little sore here, too," she said with a wink.

or

"Now your turn, baby," she said, completely at home. "You need a little TLC, too."

She sat up and indicated the bed and for him to lie down.

There are some other improv rules that apply, but I know those are the two big ones that I've noticed. When they're broken, they are the first thing that makes me start thinking about bailing and letting my partner know I'm not feeling it any more.

24506411.jpg

Yeah, those are things I noticed too.

Back
Top Bottom