Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Questionable Excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Julian woke up, Dylan had been doing exactly what it looked like: nothing. He was afraid to get bock onto the bad and disturb Julian, but he wasn’t about to leave. What if the other were to wake up while he was gone. Plus, he was tired. His head hurt a bit and he just wanted to lay down.

“Nothing,” Dylan said softly, “I’m just waiting for you to wake up.” He stood up and sat on the edge of the bed, careful not to bounce the mattress. “Are you feeling better?” He was concerned for Julian of course, but he was also concerned for his own wellbeing. If the other boy’s mother noticed him missing for this long, would she become suspicious? And what was Julian going to do for school. He couldn’t just go with these bruises. People would talk.

Julian's first concern when he woke up was Dylan. The boy was so worried that perhaps he'd missed something when he was out, that maybe Dylan would have had to live through all of that by himself. Julian didn't want that. He looked up to the older male, moving his right hand over to touch Dylan's.

"I'm fine. Are you okay...?" He seemed genuinely concerned, and had not worried about the school or seeing his mother just yet. He wanted to know if Dylan was done with his downward spiral as far as the drugs went. His slender fingers moved out to pull Dylan's towards his own.

When it came to drugs, no, Dylan wasn’t even close to done. In his opinion, it wasn’t a spiral. He was crawling into a hole and he could dig himself out anytime. It just required a tiny bit of strength. Strength that Dylan simply didn’t possess at the moment.

“Or course I’m okay,” he said sweetly, “What else would I be?” He allowed for his hand to follow Julian’s and turned around. He was now on his and knees and he found himself finding that slightly humorous as he leaned down to kiss Julian. The kiss was chaste and gently. It left nothing to be desired or regretted. “You’re the only one who matters right now.”

It was like Julian's obsession then. Dylan and Julian both had their downfalls, and neither one believed that anyone could help them out of the hole that they'd dug. And partically, they'd dug them for one another.

"You are...?" He asked, and squeezed Dylan's hand as best he could. The boy shifted a little with a wince. There were a few deep bruises on him now, over his torso and stomach. There were some especially nice ones on his hip bones. His eyes traced over them for a moment before looking back to Dylan. Julian was almost starting to like the look of them. They complimented his figure well. "Mn..." He pressed into the kiss, smiling at Dylan. "I'm fine, just might have to do a few sleep overs here." The boy let out a little laugh.

Dylan let out a breath of relief and smiled. They really did complement each other well. Though, in secret, he was just waiting for the day that Julian would get sick of him; something that he was going to put off as long as possible, no matter what he had to do.

The older boy leaned forwards again and landed another kiss on Julian’s mouth. He pulled away rather quickly and fought the urge to grimace at the slight taste of blood. The cut on Julian’s lip was deeper than he had expected. “Won’t your parents be concerned?” He asked, sitting upright and taking a quick drink of the water that had been left beside the bed earlier.

Julian couldn't imagine himself with anyone other than the boy beside him. Dylan was perfect for him. He smiled up at the older male, admiring him from where he lay. His boyfriend was perfect in every way. Personality, drive, and body... definitely body.

"I'll tell them we're having a camping trip or something." Julian's parents were distant, they wouldn't care about it that much. But what they did care about was the fact that he was gay. That he wore shorts and skin fitting clothes. "It'll be fun. And we can spend more time together."

Of course Dylan saw obvious flaws in his boyfriend’s plan. What would they do about Julian’s schoolwork, what would the other boy do while Dylan was away for school, what would they do about the more severe of his injuries? But for right now, he tried to ignore the impossibilities of this. It would be fun really. What could go wrong?

“Alright…” He wasn’t nearly as excited as Julian, and didn’t try to fake the enthusiasm. “Well we need to do something about clothing. I highly doubt mine would fit you.” He smiled just a bit and placed a hand on the other’s arm, forgetting that he had damaged it.

Julian shifted on the the bed, looking up to Dylan. He winced at the hand on his arm, licking his bottom lip. "Mn." He had to keep from yanking it away because of the pain. "Be careful of my arm..." He answered quietly, like he didn't want to acknowledge that he'd been hurt.

The boy pulled himself up. "I guess they won't fit." He gave his boyfriend a little smile. "But wouldn't you like to see me swimming in your shirt?" He asked cutely, finally pulling himself up completely. He was glad that Dylan had acknowledged that he was smaller.

Dylan scowled involuntarily. He wasn’t angry at Julian, just annoyed that he hadn’t told him that he was that hurt. Of course, he was glad that the younger boy had told him now. But he was still frustrated, and he had no idea why. Perhaps that was one of the reasons for his annoyance. He pulled his hand away from Julian’s arm quickly.

However, he did soften a bit at his expression. “Of course,” he said, his eyes drawn to the hickeys on his boyfriend’s neck. He smiled softly, looking back into his eyes. “As long as you want to stay, I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my time.”

Julian looked a little upset with the scowl that Dylan had on his face. Why was his boyfriend upset? It wasn't because of him, was it? He pulled himself up all the way then, moving his unhurt hand to squeeze Dylan's hand. He smiled at him and leaned forward to kiss the other.

"I'm glad I'll be ble to spend more time with you." Like he didn't already spend all of his free time with Dylan anyway. It took all that he had not to wince when he pulled himself up. "But I hope you won't skip class..."

Dylan pulled away from the kiss, unable to prevent the grimace that turned his expression into one of disgust. In turn he leaned forward and kissed Julian. It was okay if he was the one initiating affection, but if Julian wanted to kiss him, that was not okay. It disgusted Dylan that he found pleasure in being kissed by a man. If he was the one kissing Julian though, it was less disgusting. At least that way he was in control.

“My classes are bullshit,” he said once pulling away from the other. “I can catch up on one or two days.” He moved to lean against the headboard and crossed his legs, resting his hand on Julian’s thigh. “How are you going to do in the classes that you miss?”

Julian swallowed as the man pulled away from him. The boy knew exactly why he felt that way, and why he did what he did. At least he thought he knew. It was because Julian wasn't good enough. Not pretty enough, thin enough. If another prettier boy came alng Dylan wouldn't mind it, Julian was sure. So he pressed softly into the kiss, closing his eyes.

He almost didn't want his boyfriend to skip class. He knew Dylan was smart enough to do fine, but he also knew his boyfriend overanalyzed things a little too much. "Mn. I'll be fine in them." That was a little lie. Julian was not not the smartest. He was not great in his classes. Dylan knew that. "You can always help me." He tried to console Dylan, leaning closer to the other.

Sometimes, Dylan wished that Julian knew why he was so distant. Why he was such a supreme jerk. But he knew that if he ever got the nerve up to till him, Julian would hate him. He would pick someone else, someone better. And then Dylan would have no one. And so he refused to tell him, no matter what strife that caused between the two. It was a stupid thing to do, but despite being so smart when it came to school work, the older boy really wasn’t all that smart at all..

“I don’t know…” Dylan hesitated in offering to help Julian. He hadn’t taken high school classes since… high school. He would do fine if his boyfriend fell behind in science or math, but anything else, and he was at a loss. “I’m skipping for you and I would hate to actually fall behind. I’m sure you can find someone else to help you out” He said this with just a bit of resentment, though it was well hidden. Everyone would probably beg to help Julian. He was kind, likable, beautiful, and just perfect. He wrapped his arm around the other’s waist possessively.

If Julian knew the truth, he would be upset. The boy would probably still see a flaw in himself though, and continue to perpetuate this terrible relationship. He loved Dylan, really he did. And that was something he couldn't deny. Even if Dylan had that problem with himself, even if he hated Julian for being a boy.

The boy shifted next to Dylan, trying to make himself as comfortable as possible. He looked down, where Dylan's fingers fell on bruised hipbones. That almost turned him on. The boy didn't mind the possessive grab, he actually liked that. It made him feel beautiful. Something to be desired. "You're right. I know a boy tha asked me if I needed help. I'm sure he won't mind."

Dylan bristled at Julian’s words, his grip tightening slightly. He tried to be okay with his boyfriend having friends, or even people who cared about him. But he was jealous. And even if he had tried to mask this fact, it wasn’t really possible. He wanted to be the only person in Julian’s life. He wanted the other boy to come to him for everything; be unable to live without him. He knew that this was the only way to keep Julian with him.

And he had just sabotaged his own effort. “Oh…” He thought for a moment, his mind racing with words that he thought he would say but simply couldn’t. He didn’t mean to be cruel… it just happened. “A friend?” He settled on this, and though the words weren’t mean in outside of context, the sneer on his lips and the cold tone in which he said it made it very clear what he was thinking.

Julian felt reliant upon Dylan for everything. He felt that it would be too difficult to try to trust someone else. His boyfriend had instilled a fear of people in him. They'd do terrible things to him. They'd use him for sex. All types of things. And Julian was almost sure that Dylan was right. How could anyone enjoy his company? Even his own parents. Only Dylan would put up with him.

"I..." Julian seemed almost nervous about it. Mostly because Dylan seemed so upset about it. But it could be read as smething else. Something worse. "Yes, he's very nice." Like that would console his boyfriend at all. He knew it wouldn't. It might make it worse. He shifted in his boyfriend's grip.

Of course Julian was right. He was always right. He knew Dylan better than anyone; better than his friends, his parents, even himself at times. And this time, he had never been more right. Julian was obviously nervous, and though he should have known the reason, Dylan assumed the wrong reason. If his boyfriend liked someone else, then so be it. He wasn’t going to let himself get angry this time. He just wasn’t good enough. He should have accepted this by now. He let go of Julian.

“So, he’s actually willing to help you?” He asked, “I hope you don’t waste his time.” It wasn’t an outright malicious answer, but the intent was there. And the unspoken words where directly under the surface, threatening to spill from his mouth: I hope he doesn’t find out how stupid you really are. Or he hoped that this unknown boy would find out how stupid Julian was… which he really wasn’t.

Julian's eyes widened a little when he realized his flaw. Dylan would be very upset with him. And it was obvious that he was now. "Dylan..." He swallowed and licked his bottom lip, shifting to look up at the other. "I-" There was really nothing left to say. "Baby." He reached his free arm out, reaching out for his boyfriend.

"I- Maybe he can teach me over here?" He mentioned, trying to smooth things over. It wasn't working very well. "I think I need some water."

It was a completely horrible thing to do. He wanted to lie to himself; tell himself that this was unintentional, but it wasn’t. Dylan wanted Julian to feel horribly about himself. It was the best way to keep them together. And they belonged together, even if it had to hurt one of them a little bit.

Dylan grabbed the glass on the side of the bed and refilled it in the kitchen, completely silent. He stayed in the room for a few minutes, allowing his mind to race without any distractions. There was nothing he could do about any of this. He couldn’t… wouldn’t, lay a hand on Julian again. He wasn’t about to stop him from getting help at school, and he wasn’t going to let anyone he didn’t know into his house. There was really only one thing to do.

Once back in his room, he handed Julian the glass and moved into the bed beside him. “I’m sorry,” he rested his hand on the small of the other boy’s back, “I just don’t want whoever this boy is to think that you’re dumb.” He said so with regret, as if Julian really was dumb. “I want everyone to see you for your strengths, not your flaws.

Julian knew he wasn't the smartest. He knew he wwas lucky to have Dylan deal with him. To love him despite how worthless he was. He watched the other walk out, biting his bottom lip. He'd said some stupid things. He'd done some stupid things too. And this was just payment for that, if Dylan didn't want him.

The boy shifted when Dylan got into the bed, curling up next tohis boyfriend. "I love you... I know I'm not smart. I'm sorry..." He quickly fell back asleep, nuzzled up against Dylan like that. It didn't take long before hewas out like a light.

Dylan held him for at least an hour as he slept, not bothering to hide the concern in the fact that Julian was falling asleep so easily. In a way, it was a positive. The older boy could easily, and did, relax for a bit, have a few drinks, and have some fun without Julian. Yet, he was still nervous that maybe the incident earlier had resulted in some sort of concussion or other injury that had effected Julian seriously.

It was almost midnight when Dylan got back into bed; a bit tipsy and much happier than he had been earlier. It was surprising that only eight hours ago Julian had walked in the door. Only six hours ago they had been in bed together, and now they were here; in bed again but under completely different circumstances. So much had happened in one day that it made Dylan’s head spin, or maybe that was just the wine. He fell asleep quickly, Julian his arms as if the other boy were the only thing keeping him on the bed. The only think wrong with this picture was the fact that Dylan now smelled strongly of red wine, and he hadn’t even bothered to hid it from Julian.

Julian had to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. He had done so without Dylan, not wanting to disrupt his boyfriend. When he came back, the boy could smell the wine. He was quite upset, but could hide it for the time. He didn't want Dylan to be upset as well. So he wouldn't mention it. Not yet at least.

The boy swallowed his pain in the morning and got up into the kitchen. It took a lot more effort, but he managed to fry up some bacon and toast some rozen waffles. He knew his boyfriend would have a terrible hangover. And in his mind it was far worse than his own pain. The boy set it out on the table after he'd cleared it off. The boy stepped back into the bedroom, leaning on the doorway. He was only wearing small boy short forr underwear. "Dylan... I made you some breakfast."

When Dylan woke up, his head felt as if it were going to explode. He hesitantly opened his eyes only to roll over and bury his head into his pillow, the light only making it worse. Fuck. He’d promised Julian that he wouldn’t drink. If the other boy found out that he was hung-over… He didn’t want to think about making Julian disappointed. The smell of bacon made his stomach turn and elicited a small, pained groan.

He swallowed his resolve and looked over at his boyfriend, almost unable to tear his eyes, no matter how sore they were, away from the black-blue bruises that practically covered him. The sight was actully rather... pretty. “Thanks,” he muttered with a small smile. He’d never liked eating while he was hung-over, despite how much his friends said that fattening foods were good for the type of headache that came with it. But he would try for Julian. He stood up, remembering with some alarm that he was wearing nothing but boxers, and sat down at the table, gesturing for Julian to come and sit with him.

Julian had hoped that Dylan would feel a little better after getting some food in him. Which was one reason he'd made the waffles and bacon. They were both fatty and carby, and were good for hangovers. He wouldn't be seen eating any of it, so the boy didn't bother. He'd examined himself in the mirror earlier and had a few favorite bruises. Realy, Dylan knew how to color him right. The one's he loved were on his hipbones. He hoped they were from Dylan's grip during sex.

Julian stepped over and sat next to Dylan. He cut a tiny slice off of an apple, pulling out a pill in his pocket. He'd gotten some from a friend, and he'd heard that they would help him lose weight. What Julian didn't know is that the pill was very close to the equivelent of speed. He swallowed it and nibbled on the piece of apple. "Vitamins." After he finished the apple he didn't get any more, simply sipped at some water. "Is it good?"

Dylan took a small, hesitant bite of a waffle, pleasantly surprised at the fact that it actually tasted good. He wasn’t good with food when he was drunk, and he didn’t know how good he was when he had a hangover. He’d had them enough, but sleeping had always helped more than anything. He looked over at Julian, saying nothing about the pill, or the fact that he wasn’t eating. He’d eaten an apple… maybe he just wasn’t a breakfast person. Dylan knew that it wasn’t true, but he could convince himself for the moment that it was.

“It’s delicious,” He said, forcing a small smile onto his face. It was good, but he still had a terrible headache. He ate most of the food, never once offering it to Julian. He came close once, but decided against it, instead looking over at Julian’s arm. It was the one that he had sprained yesterday, and it looked… uglier then the rest of the marks on the boy’s body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom