Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Did you vote today???

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Those of you from the USofA... as you all know, today is Election Day and this election year is one of our big ones since it's a presidential election year. Anyway, those of you who are citizens and registered to vote, I encourage you to do so. All votes count and you deserve to be heard. That said, head on out to your precincts and cast your ballots before they close the polls for the day. This race should be an exciting one for sure.

That said, I now ask you.... have you voted today???

:)

Sweet. We voted this morning as well, kids in tow and everything. It didn't take us long either and the kids especially enjoyed getting their stickers. :)

I voted today! I walked across the street, went in, and went out, lol. I live right across from a polling place and there wasn't a line or anything. ^.^

Glad to see people are voting. I suggest we keep polling opinions out of it though so as to keep the potential flames from ensuing. However, if people want to have a healthy political debate or what have you, they can do so in the Academy section. :)

Sorry I wasn't trying to make a polling opinion .... I'm Canadian so my opinion on the matter doesn't really count anyway lol xD

Sadly, I cannot say that I voted today. I can't get behind Obama because of his very open agenda in regards to gun control laws that are just flat unconstitutional. He didn't stand on that platform this race, but I haven't forgotten his views on the matter from four years ago. On the other hand, even though I am a registered republican and mostly conservative in my views, I took a step back this year and claimed myself a 'realist', separating myself from my party as a whole due to the obscene ignorance and radical views of Romney. In my opinion, niether candidate was worth voting for this year.

Still, as the polls' closing draws near, I am rooting for Obama. He's the lesser of two evils in this affair.

Oh yay, I feel less ... horrid about not voting myself. Yes, this election was indeed 'the lesser of two evils' election. Obama disappointed me with how he handled the first four years; but there are definitely some of Romney's plans I did not agree with. I won't say which ones to avoid causing any major stirrings ... but anyways, between the two, I'm hoping for Obama again also. Maybe these next 4 years will be better progress, especially for the damn economy. We need a change ... for the better ... and preferably sooner than later.

I think that the closeness of this election will be an eye-opener to Obama about how the American populace truly thinks he is doing as president. He isn't doing 'bad', and he has been handling the hurricane crisis well enough, but overall his term has been... lacking. Maybe now he will listen to some more of Clinton's economic advice.

I really hope so. I had to think back ... but when I saw the campaign ads on how we had a more stable middle class during Clinton's Presidency, I realized .. it was true. But a lot of people [at least that I know] don't remember that part. A lot still remember the 'Monica Lewinsky [spelling?]' scandal and ... I can see why. But when our economy needs to get improved ... it seems kinda lame to be focusing on such a [now it is especially] childish issue. Second chances are something I usually believe in ... so hopefully Obama will use it wisely.

Agreed. I was too young to really understand Clinton's presidency at the time, but now that I am older with a good grasp of politics and economics, I can say that it is sad that Obama has more or less shunned Clinton's offers to help. Though there was scandal in his presidency, it's not easy to deny Clinton his dues as an economist. Frankly, he is the kind of president that we need right now. Obama isn't a bad man, but I do feel some of his views are immensely misguided. Romney, on the other hand, is just a terrible human being (and that's coming from a conservative republican).

To put a long-winded rant short, Obama is an idealist and Romney is a fascist. American needs an economist in office!

StarlitDreams said:
I wanted to vote, but I was out feeding the homeless in Philly. I think that's a pretty worthwhile reason :p

Well the man that would support such acts still won the race without your vote, so yes it is a good reason! I commend you for your acts for the betterment of mankind. Used to be a volunteer firefighter myself until a burning house collapsed in on me.

Voted here as well. #10 for my area. Wasn't busy at all, but honestly it was the busiest I've ever seen of all the times I've been to the polls.

As usual, though, I was by far the youngest of those I saw. It seems everyone who votes that I see at the polls are twice as old as me.

And guys, like mentioned, let's keep the political discussion out of this.

I never got a sticker. =/ I was denied, but at least I looked damn good in my suit since I had left a funeral and voted on my way home.

Firm Master said:
Voted here as well. #10 for my area. Wasn't busy at all, but honestly it was the busiest I've ever seen of all the times I've been to the polls.

As usual, though, I was by far the youngest of those I saw. It seems everyone who votes that I see at the polls are twice as old as me.

And guys, like mentioned, let's keep the political discussion out of this.

I know what you mean. I really felt out of place when I was voting in CA. I originally registered when i was 17 during the Davis recall. CA law allows that as long as you are 18 by the next election date, which i was. I was expecting to see more people my age, but it was mostly peoplethat were 30+

Back
Top Bottom