Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

When a New Land is Explored (MasterOfWhispers and Frogger)

Hot.

That was all Elijah could think of as he finally arrived at his destination by boat. Yet despite the sweltering heat, Elijah Hawkheart (Or Eli) for short could not help but stare in wonder at the new yet mysterious yet plentiful city of Ipakah. It tanned skin people with their reddish brown hair wandering the streets going about their business; Whether it be the merchants peddling their wares or Farmers coming in with their crops and delivering it to their destinations. The building were even something of a unique site with the architecture being mostly wooden but crafted in shapes which were far different then what the wizard was used to back in the west. There were even straw huts or tree houses built on the tallest trees over looking the city. the wizard from Avalon Academy could not help be but awed at this strange and wonderful new land. Stepping on the road he soon began to look for his contact.

"Lsk Ark Dah?" said a man whom Elijah bumped into. Before he could apologize his name was being called from a few feet.

" Elijah over here!" Called a blond haired man. Elijah smiled as he approached him.

" Mathias it's been to long!" Elijah said with a smile. Mathias was a golden haired man with blue eyes and a face which strongly reminded Eli of a horse. Though he'd never tell his old friend to his face.

"It has? Hasn't it." Mathias smiled shaking his hand and patting his friend in the back. "Glad you could make it..."

"Well considering the once Mysterious and isolated El Nido Archipelago has now opened it's doors, and boarders to other travelling adventurers around the world as well as attempting to establish relations with certain key kingdoms. Who could pass up a chance to learn about this new land..."

"And it's magic." Mathias finished for his with a certain twinkle in his eyes. He proceeded to walk with Eli following him slowly.

"Oh you wound me dear friend. I came here to witness a history in the making. As well as the various women that must possibly be ripe for the picking."

Silence greeted the two friends after the statement before bursting out laughing which resulted in a few odd stares from the natives who are surprised by the crazy foreigners antics.

"Oh you haven't changed at all. I'm glad." Mathias said with a smile, wiping a tear from his eyes. " Still ultra focused on magical research. You probably look all scrawny with nothing but skin and bones hidden under those robes. Besides, we both know that there has yet to be a girl or women to even capture the heart and ensure the mind of Avalon Academy's number one graduate. Not even the most beautiful elf woman there who was studying in our year could pull it off."

Eli huffed.
"I'll have you know that I have been training up since the last we met. Even went on a few Dragon Slaying missions for the measure. under these heavy robes lies a man with a lot of muscle. Oh and it's number two. Rydia Reinhart has recently returned to the academy after helping to to stop the Cursed winter in Qel'Rhad"

"Is that so?" Mathias responded with an interested tone and then observed the man's form up and down. The blond man raised an Eye brow. " Speaking of the weather, just why are you wearing those robes in the first place. This entire nation is as hot as the fiery breaths of a thousand Red Drakes.

Eli looked carefully at his own form. It was the standard Uniform for avalon Academy. Dark blue robes with a pointed hat. Mathias certainly had a point. "Well I do have flesh heat charm armed but it doesn't seem to work to well here. I thought I could get by."

Mathias nodded knowingly. "Magic from other lands doesn't work that well here. In fact the deeper in the islands you go the less of an effect it has. They'll be explaining all of that to you when you arrive and take a couple of lessons at the academy. Speaking of which we're here."

Eli looked at the building with interest. It wasn't as big as Avalon Academy in fact quite the opposite. It was a really tall wooden building with a strange set of words at its center.

"That's because it isn't one giant castle with thousands of rooms in it. The academy is broken down into different buildings each focusing on different aspects of their mage craft. The school grounds is much more open and wider. This building is merely registration"

Eli nodded as he was taken into the building eager for learning possibly new branches in magic.

After talking things over with the headmaster and finally settling down into a small yet causy small house (Their form of dorms.) Eli was finally ready to begin exploring.

"I see you finally decided to change into new clothes." Mathias said with a smile. "Gotta say that avalon academy robes tend to hide a lot of peoples faces and bodies well. You weren't kidding when you said you trained up"

"If feel kind of a weird in this." The wizard responded. The robes really did hide a lot his body. With this new uniform though it revealed quite a bit: He was wearing a short sleeved tunic with dark pants. There was no hat so his short black hair was revealed as well as his emerald eyes and as Mathias noticed earlier. The shirt revealed a set of muscles that implied that the magic user worked out frequently.

"Get used to it. Our magic is no good here. So we will have to start from square one. That being said. Want to check out some of the classes."

"Would I ever." Eli said with a chuckle " Lead the way."

Wow...

Ceridwen couldn’t seem to get enough. Every little thing, no matter how trivial, was a sight to behold. It was all so different from the forests of Nergui. Of course she had been sailed to a new land, but…she didn’t expect it to be this radically different. If anything, she thought there would be some similarities. Back in her homeland, the elves had fair skin that was almost luminous, and with hair that was either a rich gold or a deep black. Pointed ears were a feature common to her people. Here the people possessed skin as dark as tree bark, though it seemed to vary from one to another. There was also the reddish-brown hair. This made her very curious, and even brought a number of questions to mind. Yet what really threw her off was how the ocean and the air itself was different. Back at Nergui, the air could only be described as like a silvery dream. The ocean water at its east side had been the brightest of turquoise hues. Here….the air was crisper, but with the distinct scent of salt. And the water…was more of a grayish-blue, yet it shifted in the light, from green to blue to gray and back. How disturbing all this was…

For years Ipakah has kept itself isolated from the world. No letter could reach any of its inhabitants, nor could anyone travel in its general direction and actually make their destination. It had been the source of rumors ever since she could remember…and now she was finally seeing the city for herself. The borders were lowered, and so those of magical abilities had been invited to attend their academy. The imagination runs wild, just trying to fathom what kind of classes and things are going to be taught there. She could barely contain her excitement.

“Lle desiel?” The man at her side asked, his head bowed for a moment. His hair was the darkest of golden shades. At the roots the hair was a dark green, since his diet was mostly greens. Unlike many of their race, he was tall and broad, muscle rippling with his every move. Leather mostly adorned his body, and a sword strapped to his side guaranteed her safety. For some reason unfathomable to her, he had insisted on bringing a weapon. It was sweet that her brother wished to keep her safe, but this new city wasn’t going to run her through with any kind of sharp pointed object. His dark blue eyes rose up to meet hers in a look that was warm and loving.

“A, Diarmait,” Ceridwen told him in a quiet tone. The light glinted off her hair, which it itself was the deepest black possible. “Sorry to have kept you waiting… I just wanted a good look. This is such a fascinating place.” Ocean foam rolled over her bare feet, leaving behind a tingling sensation in its wake. Her eyes were the same shade of blue as her brother’s, though hers resembled more of a starry night sky. Along the edges were little silver specks that were the stars. Her face was heart-shaped, giving her more of an delicate appearance. Yet there was a fire in her very soul that seemed to radiate out from within her. The way she moved was graceful. Her dress was simple in design, but there was no mistake that it did more for her figure than the most elaborate attire. Her breasts were full, waist small and curves visible.

Diarmait tucked her hand into his, a small smile given. He was the shyer of the two siblings. Rarely did he speak, but when he did he only had wise words to voice. In his other hand he picked up their few belongings. Even at the Edhelen Academy, he had been this way. Though many didn’t understand his quiet ways…it was just simply who he was in this day and age. If he wasn’t interested in speaking, he will keep his words to himself until he feels like doing otherwise. There was nothing wrong with this. “We should hurry…” he murmured, voice deep and husky, but otherwise understandable. “I believe we’re late…and it won’t do, being late on our first day. Luckily we’re close to one of the buildings already…”

Ceridwen laughed softly. The sound was like the chiming of bells, musical and pleasing to the ear. “We are close…but we’re not late. Classes don’t even begin until the morrow. Come, brother dearest… Let us see what this Academy has to offer.” With a gentle tug she led him into the building they came to, which had a strange set of words at its center. Inside she was surprise to find many students waiting about. Evidently this was where the new students registered. A few boys and girls were already clad in their robes, and talking amongst themselves. From what she could tell…the robes were much along the lines of what they had to wear in their homeland. That brought a sense of relief so exquisite, she didn’t know why she felt that way.

“I don’t even know where to begin…”

“Neither do I,” Diarmait piped up, his eyebrows furrowed.

“Maybe we should ask one of the students,” Ceridwen suggested, eyes already going over the possible ones to ask. There was a few she wouldn’t dare ask even if they were the last people in this town. To be put quite simply…they scared her. Scales, feathers, tails and fangs could be seen. It wasn’t some mishap from magic but part of their race…just like how pointed ears was part of hers. Of course, that didn’t lessen the fear bubbling in her belly. No, it just fed it, and causing it to grow stronger. This was a strange new land…and she an explorer of said land. It was a given that she would be scared…right? That didn’t exactly mean that she was cowardly…

Finally she found someone that she could ask. He looked normal, or at least in her perspective he did. His hair was short and black, and his eyes the more alluring green she has ever seen. They were like the leaves during springtime back in the forest, only darker. He also had lots of muscles that could rival with what her brother had. “Hello?” she called out, taking one careful step towards him. Her skirt flirted about, the rich purple fabric exposing her ankle for the briefest of seconds. “Yes, we are new to this school… Do you think you could assist us? We wish to be registered, but we are not sure how to go about doing this…” The manner she spoke was polite, but a bit old-fashioned. It was as though she came from older times…which in a way, she did.

"We just passed registration if you go..." Elijah turned to look at the stranger. An eleven Girl he noticed and incredibly beautiful to boot. His eyes gazed at her form up to down. Hair as black as his. A dress which revealed volumes about her figure. The face she had though, Elijah couldn't place it. She seemed delicate but at the sometime Elijah (perhaps due to some passive magic of his that he did not know about). Sensed a warmth that he hadn't felt in any other being. Granted, Elves were known as a very compassionate race so it should come as no surprise that he sensed it. However he felt there was some thing very different about the girl.

There was an awkward pause between him and her. A pause Mathias' ended up snickering at. He actually became the one to speak first.
"Ah finally someone here that speaks the common tongue. There haven't been many outsiders here to begin with. Though that may have to due with Ipakah still reluctant to accept others here to study. We just came from that wing, so why don't we both show you the way. What do you say Eli?"

Eli was still staring at the elven women entranced. Snickering again, he shoved Eli with an elbow. Eli brought back to his senses finally responded; Albeit he did really quickly:
"Oh right yes, Lets show them way. Right this way!" Elijah spoke quickly walking the other direction.

"Err Eli. Wrong way..." Mathias responded with the a suppressed chuckle. He motioned the pair to follow him instead. Quickly Eli rushed to his side. The pair began speaking privately to each other.

"You have got to calm down. She'll pick up on your feelings easily if you act all flustered. You do realize that elves are notorious for reading a persons heart?"

"Really" Elijah responded curious.

"Of course not you absent-minded genius! For a top student you sure can be dense." Mathias responded, though his tone the entire time was more amused then annoyed.

When they finally arrived, at the registration Mathias finally got an idea.
"Say since your also new here. Why don't the group of us go and explore some of the classes. Today is an open day for incoming students." Mathias spoke to the pair. Elijah looked at him in a panic.

"Just what are you doing!?" THe Avalon Academy student whispered in a panic.

"Getting you to finally explore something other then your textbooks. Mathias responded in a Brotherly fashion. He then turned to the pair.
"My name is Mathias by the way" He then pointed to his friend, "And this is here is Elijah. We're from Avalon Academy. So After you registers would you like to go with us?" He repeated.

”Oh, well…” Ceridwen tilted her head. Waves upon waves of black hair tumbled down over a shoulder, framing that delicately constructed face on one side. The other was left bare so the curve of her neck was exposed to the world. Right there along the skin was a marking in the darkest purple hue. The symbol being Elvish, most people don’t understand its meaning or its significance. Thanan wasn’t to be taken lightly. Its beauty was hypnotizing, true. Yet behind its rather simple appearance was a meaning that was more noteworthy…. Hidden power. Inner strength. It was both an honor, and a reminder of the things the symbol represented. If one was to look at hundreds –thousands- of elves, to find such a symbol on their luminous skin wouldn’t happen again.

Diarmait and she shared a long look, words exchanged not vocally, but just through it alone. Oftentimes they did this, but not to be cruel to those who bore witness. Usually in situations such as these, he would say nothing…and let her do what she pleased. However, she didn’t want to do that. Not now. Here, in this far away land…all they had was each other. They were in this together. After more than two minutes with their gazes connected, the atmosphere finally relaxed. The handsome elf raised a hand and so the fingers ran through his hair. Long strands fell to hang into his eyes. Ceridwen shook her head with a smile. A hand came up, brushing those locks away so that he could see without any prohibitions. In response his lips tugged at the corners under the influence of another smile.

“I accept your offer,” Ceridwen told the two humans. Her dark, but mesmerizing, eyes switched from her brother to the one named Mathias. Warm and inviting like an open pair of arms, she kept the smile.

“As do I,” Diarmait spoke up, voice quiet. Muscles bended beneath the leather he wore as he moved from one foot to the other. It was obvious that he was uncomfortable with talking in their presence.

“We will be back as soon as the registration is done. Meet us here?”

Ceridwen flashed him another smile, and then sent a glance in Elijah’s direction. The awkward pause earlier was still fresh on her mind. “Oh… I forgot. We haven’t properly introduced ourselves… My name is Ceridwen Iseult Lunete Rigatona… You can call me either Ceridwen, or Lunete….it doesn’t much matter to me.” The woman bent down in a graceful bow, her shirt pooling around her ankles. Then she rose up, hands brushing over the length of the dress.

Diarmait bowed his head next. “And I am Diarmait, but you do not need to bother with my other names. Us elves are born with many, and most cultures only use one.”

“Mr. Mathias, Mr. Elijah.” Even just saying their names was like music on her lips. It wasn’t intentional on her part, but rather something that came natural to her. “We need to join the line. Before we are no longer able to register for classes.” A laugh dancing in the air around them, she turned around to go. Her brother shook his head, but did the same.

Elijah stared after her and her brother an entranced expression on his face. Mathias smiled back at his partner.

"You know there is a festival welcoming the new comers to the city. A perfect time to seduce an elven maiden." Mathias whispered into his friends ear. Elijah's face immediately went red. He clenched his fist and began to direct toward his friends arm. Mathias with a chuckle dodged out of the way and caught his fist in his palm.
"Not bad, we should spar soon. Maybe with all that dragon slaying training you could actually best me." It was well known fact that between the pair. Mathias was always a better swordsmen and fighter while Elijah was an absolute master of arcane arts dedicated to attacking and defending.g

"Would you stop that?" Elijah pleaded. "Your really not helping."

"Nope not at all. About damn time your mind was focused on something other then Rune invocation or Element manipulation." He gave his partner a rather stern look. letting his fist go. " A whole world to explore and you as a wizard have yet to explore the magics surrounding both love and lust."

"Those magics are illegal!" Elijah protested. Mathias rolled his eyes.

"Honestly, you really can be dense sometimes. Look there already coming back. She's an elf so we're going to look into some of the Nature magic classes they have here. Go strike up a conversation about that. It's easy."

"For the last time.."

"Shh here they come."

"I take it registering is was easy? Shall we head out then?" Mathias spoke with a smile on his face...

Of course, once the tour finally began. Elijah found himself easing into and finding comfort around the elven witch before him. Though he was silent a good bit of the time, and a little shy. Once Elijah adjusted to such social situations he found that starting a conversation with a beauty such as this girl wasn't that hard. The fact that they were heading to Natral Magics class only helped ease the situation.

"So.. How are you finding using your own magic here on the land. From what I've seen. Elven Magic doesn't seem to be quite as effective. At least when I tried testing out some Eluvian spells."

Ceridwen was lovely. Though not in the way other girls were, in that obvious, over-the-top, sculpted way that involves fake perfection and flirtatious attitudes. No, she was naturally lovely. Her features were fine and small, her limbs long and lean. Her lips were pink because that is their natural color. And her eyes were dazzling in their own right, but not because of cosmetics. Within her irises was every brilliant shade of dark blue available, and with those silver specks along the edges…it was hard not to look away. Her cheeks flushed a nice rosy pink, her lips curved in a quiet smile…who could deny her beauty? Before…she had been like a flame, its light just a flicker, though still noticeable by any and all. It was mostly because of the robes she wore earlier. Draped with such fine material, she fit the role of an unattainable princess…beyond reach of any man. Yet now…in the new green uniform the academy provided, she was positively radiant. Of course, she was a bit uncomfortable wearing it. For some reason it drew many pairs of eyes to her…and she didn’t care for that kind of attention. Not to mention her legs, arms and stomach was exposed… It was more than she was used to.

The green skirt flirted about, being at the mercy of the wind and her motions. Its hem ended just at the middle of her thighs, and so left everything else bare. Her legs were nicely toned, despite her delicate appearance. Subtle muscle rippled whenever she took a step. The shirt was a short-sleeved green tunic, with an emblem over her heart. Not many know just what it represents. Elves kept hidden in the forest for many a year, talking to the trees and the animals living there. It was not often any would seek out companionship from a person outside the race. The symbol stitched into the green was that of a golden bloom, its many petals spread like the rays of a sunrise. Six other symbols, in black, blue, green, red and pearly white, were made on the petals. Her skin was pale, a lovely creamy hue. Hints of pink could be seen along her cheeks.

Dark blue eyes shifted onto Eli. “You find Elven Magic to be not as effective here…” Ceridwen began, “for you do not have the skills of my race… Our senses pick out what yours is not able to detect. Not to be rude, but…I will be able to enable any spell I wish. I can sense it in the air…” Her eyes closed briefly, a tiny smile tugging at her lips. “Just like I can tell that we are approaching the Natural Magic building.” It loomed up ahead, quite a bit of plant life entangling around the tower. When the group drew close she knelt down, a finger brushing along a leaf. The plant responded instantly, its vines moving to clamp onto her wrist. She laughed with delight. “You are certainly a silly one…” she murmured. Another vine edged until it reached her other hand, and began to rub against it like an animal seeking attention. The request was quickly granted. “All these plants are very happy here…” she commented about a minute later. “It is a surprise to me…”

“Please forgive her…” Durmait finally spoke up with a slight bow. “My sister likes to take care of plant life…” The green garb fit rather snugly on his well-built body, but that was to be expected. After all, he was bigger than most men. His arms were thick with muscle, even corded. His chest rose with every inhale, practically causing the fabric to strain. His intense eyes rose up from the ground to meet Mathias. To him, he was the leader, for he was the one who spoke clearly and most often. The other...seemed only to be enchanted by his sister. Later on, he planned to speak to her about such matters. Not that she was likely to listen.

“Why must I apologize? I enjoy what I do, and I have no reason to be sorry for it.” Ceridwen raised her head, cheeks puffing out in a cute pout. There was no way she was going to apologize, not when she did nothing wrong.

“And yet you are holding these two young men from seeing this class.” Durmait raised a brow, only speaking this one fact. To be quite frank, it was all he had to use in ways of reasoning. She did nothing wrong, true...but they were guests in this foreign land.

“If Mr. Elijah and Mr. Mathias wish, they can go ahead. I don’t mind in the least.” Ceridwen was quick to respond.

Durmait’s eyes narrowed. “I do, however. I will not leave you out here, where anything can happen.”

Ceridwen let out a long, exasperated sigh. “You know fully well that I can take care of myself, if the situation calls for it. Go. Have fun. I will be in shortly. I don’t plan to be out here when it begins to rain.” The sky may look clear for now, but she knew better than to believe in such appearances. It won’t be long before big, fat drops will fall from the clouds rolling in. An Elf's ability dealt in the weather to come, and so she knew for a fact that it was going to happen. "We should seek shelter while we can."

Back
Top Bottom