Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vampire Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxWriter

Cluster
Ezequiel sighed as he looked around the park. For almost eighteen years he had wandered the world, looking for the missing Queen, for eighteen years the Vampire Clans had been fighting for control of the UnderRealms, each trying to place a different King or Queen on the Vampire Throne. Ezequiel turned and looked around the bright green woods and sighed a little to himself. He could sense another Vampire here, somewhere, he just had to find it. He had been trailing vampire after vampire, all around the world. Most of them hidden in human form, some of them knew what they where but thought they where alone. He had helped, even saved thousands of Vampires in the past eighteen years, but none of them had been the missing Queen he sought. None where the Heir to the Vampire Throne, the one who would end the war and bring the Vampires back tot he top... he had little faith that this new vampire would be the one either... if he was lucky, they would at least know that they where inhuman, he hated trying to convince people that they weren't human.

He paused, his ruby red eyes gazing around the park where children where laughing as they played and fought with each other. he had to smile at their enjoyment of life, they where so carefree, so happy... he turned his attention back to the park, his eyes seeking out the Vampire that he could sense there, his head tilted a little as he moved forward, running his tongue over his tea\eth, making sure that his fangs where retracted. No need to draw any untoward attention to himself. He just had to find this new vampire, find out of they where aware of what they where or not, and figure out if they where the one he had sought for so long.

He was nearly floored when he came across a teenager, and for a moment, hope flared in his heart before he was able to stamp it out. Just because she was the right age, and the right gender, didn't mean she was the queen, he couldn't come to conclusions, it was too early. First to decide if she knew what she was. He let out a very low pulse of power, if she knew he was a vampire, she would feel it, and recognize him for what he was, another one of her kind... if she was unaware, she wouldn't even twitch at the power he had released, an his job would become thrice as hard. He could only hope, beg even. He was tired, and he wanted to rest. If she was already aware, then he could find a hidden place, and rest his aching feet, even catch a few winks of sleep.

April had always knew that she was different, but she couldnt explain or figure out in what way. She didnt usually go out as she didnt seem to react well to the sun, she always seemed to feel tired and possibly even weak in the sun. She was currently in the park, just relaxing against a tree in the shade. April also never knew her birth parents, and she had no information reguarding them, she didnt know their names, ages or even what they looked like, so she had been living with a foster family until two years ago, and she currently lived alone in a small house, and she rather liked it, not to crowded yet it was rather snug or as some would say cosy.

April then suddenly felt a stange sensation hit her, she didnt know what it was but she did react, by standing up straighter and glancing around with a slight frown on her face. The girl just decided to shrug it off as she leant against the tree again, her hand playing with a bit of her long blonde hair, her sapphire blue eyes seemed to shine as the sunlight reflected off them, only enhancing her beauty. She had always seemed to be a bit of a beauty, but she had never had a relationship with somebody... Not a serious one anyway, since April usually felt a little uncomfortable in those situations. All she could currently think about was the fact that she had felt something but she didnt know what, she finally moved away from the tree as she glanced around

Ezequiel blinked as she looked around, frowning a little. he'd never had that reaction before... it was strange.. hope bloomed in his heart again and he studied her as she glanced around. she was astonishingly beautiful. he pondered how best to approach her, and finally just decided to move forward, staring at her with his red eyed. he didn't try to glamor them, as another vampire, she would see through his... 'magic' anyway. "Excuse me miss. my name is Ezequiel Rosewood, i promise you that i am not a crazy madman or a creepy stalker or a loser asking for a date..." he paused watching her reaction to that. "i am an Agent of MY Imperial Majesties court... one of the advisers really." he admitted simply. "for the last eighteen or so years i have been searching for every member of My Imperial Majesties realms. those who know who they are, and those who do not." he admitted simply. "it has taken me a long time to find you Miss... i'm afraid i don't know your name, i wasn't expecting to come across one of my people in a city like this." he admitted shaking his head. "quite a surprise i must admit..." this could go one of two ways. either she'd humor him, or she'd think he was a freak and try to pepper spray him... oh how he hated that fucking pepper spray.

"would it be alright if we found a place to speak in private? perhaps a coffee house, or a restaurant? my treat of course." he assured her. talking in a public place would do two things, it would help her feel more at ease, knowing there would be other people around to save her if he went mad... and it would help keep her from causing TOO much of a scene if she started panicking when she realized she wasn't human. "how long have you known you weren't like everyone else?" he asked, just to knock the last nail in. "i imagine it's been for some time now... you make other people nervous don't you, and the older you get, the more and more food seams to loose it's flavor. the older you get the more and more you feel a deep, intense craving for something you just can't place, and a longing for something you simply don't understand." he stared at her. "and you always feel lonely, even when your surrounded by people you like, even love, as if you and they, are not quite the same, and they are mere entertainment while your heart searches for something more." well, if that didn't catch her attention, nothing would.

April watched as someone walked over to her. She blinked and turned to face him "hello... I'm April Burton" she said as she looked at him. She listened to him speak about how he was searching for these people in thus group or something along those links. "Ok... What about coffee?" She asked him but she still didnt really know what her was speaking about. When he started to talk about how she felt different and about how food had started to loose taste and how she had a growing craving for something. Her eyes widened slightly "wait, H-how do you know that?" She asked in shock, all those things were true but she had no idea how he knew all of this, she doupt that he was a psycic or magician, so she just looked up at him, not really sure what to say. She hadnt told anyone that she couldnt taste her food and how she felt different, and definatly not about this strange craving she had since she was sure that she would have been called crazy and other hurtful things. "H-how do you know all these things about me?" She asked with a small frown, really comfused

he smiled at the other. "Coffee sounds great." he agreed. he did enjoy coffee, it was one of the few human foods strong enough for him to taste. "i know, because i've found thousands of people, who are going through the exact same thing that you are." he admitted softly. "you are not a person like these other people April." he admitted, indicating all of the people that where walking around them. "you are one of Mine, April. one of my people, one of my kind." he admitted smiling at her. "some would call it a curse, others call it a gift, but all of us have it." he promised. "i'll explain in the Coffee shop." he promised, letting her lead the way. once there he ordered himself a black coffee with two shots of espresso, and waited for her to make her own order. he settled into the back and took a sip of his coffee as he studied her a little.

"what do you know of Vampires April?" he asked suddenly, staring at her. "what would you say if i told you, that they are very much real?" he asked, his head tilted at her. "that they are not myth, or false as humans have come to beleive? what would you say if i told you, that not only Vampires, but were-beasts, Elves, all the the creatures of dark stories, and horror tales where really just misunderstood people, lost, alone, and afraid as they searched for a place to live?" he leaned forward, resting his chin on his own hands. "how would you react, if i told you that you where not human, but a Vampire? and that which you have craved all of your life, was blood?" he asked, blinking at her. "and not just human, any blood would do." he admitted simply. "even mine." he admitted, extending his wrist to her. "blood is life, with blood, we have power." he admitted, unleashing another pulse of power, letting it flood her for half a second before stemming it again. "you are one of my people April... and i think you might be a very important one." there was only one way to know for certain.. the Royal Mark. a birthmark, which could be anywhere on her body. "do you have an unusual birthmark April? something that seams... strange?" he asked, blinking at her.

April nodded a little and followed him to the coffee shop, she, ordered a plain hot chocolate with some milk mixed in since she wasnt a huge fan of those sort of drinks. The girl sat down oppsite him and listened as she took a small sip of her hot chocolate, and it was practically tasteless. She put her cup down as he said the word vampire, she had never really thought about if they exist or now, there was no proof for or against this theory. She listened to him, and her eyes widened as he said those six words 'not a human, but a vampire' she looked down at her cup as he continued to speak, that her craving was blood... Admittedly she did love to eat steak, and prefered them to be rare too, with the blood... When she felt the power she looked back up at him, biting on her lip a little as he looked at her. If she was a vampire, how would she be able to trust him, from years of watching relationships build and then shatter, saying 'you are very special' seemed to be a common chat up line. Although when he asked her about if she had a birthmark, she placed her hand over opposite arm, over a part of her upper arm "yes, I-I do, on my arm" she said quietly as she looked at him. April slipped off her jacket, she was wearing a sleaveless shirt so she pointed to the mark "this" she said

he smiled as he watched her adjust to all of this information. this was going to much better than he had anticipated... and then she said she had a birthmark, and he glanced at her, hope flaring in his eyes as he reached out and gently turned her arm so that he could see her arm, and his eyes widened in astonishment at the birthmark. the same one that the King had held on his palm, a small blood drop, in a circle. simple, but not something that could be faked either, not in nature anyway. "oh my god... i found you." he whispered, looking up at her, so many emotions flickering through his eyes. "i've been looking for you for eighteen years and i've finally found you." he whispered, swallowing thickly before sitting back in his seat, closing his eyes and taking long, deep breaths to calm himself down before he opened his blood red eyes to stare at her.

"you are more than just special..." he whispered, voice choked with emotion. "you are My Queen." he admitted softly. "i have wandered the earth for over eighteen years looking for the Lost Queen." he admitted. "i have searched through thousands of people and i've nearly given up hope in finding you." he admitted swallowing thickly. "forgive me i'm... i'm a little emotional right now..." he admitted sighing as he smiled at her. "your... your royalty April... Miss Burton." he admitted softly. "there are a great many things that you must be told..." he admitted watching her before grimacing. "you think i'm mad, don't you?"

April allowed him to move her arm, she glanced at the mark as he looked at it and then lowered it again. She looked at him as he spoke, looking at his blood red eyes as he continued to speak. "Your queen?" She said quietly, this news shocked her even more, usually she would think this was a joke, but just looking into his eyes and seeing all the emotions made her actually believe that this could actually be true. She watched him and said "a little mad, but I guess it is possible" she mumbled as she looked at him again "what things do I need to be told?" She asked as she took another small sip from her drink, her hand a little shakey as she put the cup back down. "So I am a vampire queen?" She asked, her voice hushed slightly so nobody else would hear them

he smiled and nodded a little. "yes... my Queen, My Imperial Majesty." he admitted softly. "your history, your people... there are so many things you need to be told about your hereditary powers, about your duties should you choose to have them..." he hesitated. "about the war..." he examined her before he sighed. "perhaps we should start with why your in the human realms in the first place..." he mused watching her as he carefully picked his wallet out of his pocket and handed her a picture of a Man and a woman who looked enough like her for them to be her parents, and with the man laughing, holding his hand out to block the picture while he kissed his wife, she could see the birthmark on his palm, just under his thumb. "your Parents, the King and Queen." he explained letting her have the picture. "it's one of the only ones that survived... most of the paintings and pictures where destroyed as the Clans tried to take control of the castle." he admitted shaking his head.

"no one is sure what clan did the first betrayal." he admitted softly. "the Vampire Realms are led by many different clans, the Oakraven's are the most powerful, but the Rosewoods... that's my clan, are the most numerous... all clans are supposed to be controlled by the King, or Queen... those that have the Mark of Power." he tapped her birthmark. "it is passed from parent to child." he admitted. "one of the Clans, decided they did not want to be controlled, and they led a... slaughter." he admitted closing his eyes. "i was the Kings personal Bodyguard at the time... i was not in time to stop the assassins... in a single Knight, the Royal Clan was slaughtered... completely destroyed, and i was only in time to see someone cloaked in black, sweep you out of the nursery, and into the human realms." he admitted watching her. "i don't know why they didn't kill you, but i am bound to the Royals, to live, and serve as they need of me. i knew you where alive, but i could not find you because you where not actively using your powers and abilities." he admitted shaking his head. "ever since your disappearance... er, well kidnapping really... the nine Clans have been battling each other to police their own Leaders on the throne... only the Rosewood, my clan, has actively faught the other clans to keep the Throne open, and empty for the True Queens return."

April lifted her head as he said the word war, that was one of the words practically everyone hated. She took the photo from him, looking at it. The man had the same mark that she had, and the woman did look a bit like her too. She bit her lip as he said that they were her parents. She felt a single tear begin to form in her eyes as she instinctivly hugged to photo close as she shut her eyes. She opened them again and looked up at him "someone murdered my parents and kidnapped me?" She whispered as she looked up at him. She looked back at the photo and then suddenly said "wait, what if they murder me?" She whispered worriedly. She had just been told that she was a Queen and had also been told that her parents were killed and someone had taken her away to here... She couldnt remember anything about her childhood, but she hoped that her memory would improve in time. She looked up at him and said "I want to go back to my home, my real home" she said, wanting to see her old house again

he smiled at her a little as he watched her hold the photo close. "yes." he admitted nodding at her before shaking his head. "you would have the protection of the entire rosewood Clan. no one will be able to get close enough to hurt you while your adjusting... by the time you get used to your powers, you'll be strong enough to take out anyone who dares try to attack you." he admitted. "you are the strongest Vampire in history... as far as we know." he admitted, smiling a little as she said she wanted to go home. "you have to remember April... you won't have memories of your home. you where taken away as a baby, still in the crib." he admitted shaking his head a little. "when would you like to go? i can contact my Clan, and they'll help you pack your belongings. the few that you want, or need. most everything will be provided for you." he assured her. "anything from clothes, to food, to jewelry, pets, even maids if you need them." he assured her, smiling at her a little. "just remember, you are Queen, you are above everyone only if you want to be. you don't have to pretend to be someone your not. just be yourself."

April listened to him and lifted her head once again "I don't have much stuff, the only precious thing I have would be this picture, nothing else" she admitted as she looked at him "I just want to go home, I dont need anything else" she said before drinking more of her hot chocolate, finishing it off before then putting the cup down as she looked at the photo again. "Can't we go now?" She asked him as she looked up again, still holding her photo. She didnt know what it would be like to be a queen, but she didnt want it to change her personality since she wouldnt want to become... Well a bit of a snob.

he smiled a little and finished the last of his coffee, touching her hand gently. "alright, we can go now." he promised. "i'll take you to my Clan Home for now, no one will know who you are then." he promised. "as of right now, i am your servant." he promised, smiling at her. "i am your bodyguard, your slave, anything at all you desire of me, i will do my best to make, get, or be for you." he promised smiling as he led her out of the store and into a back alley. "take my hand, and close your eyes... where we are going, no mortal can follow." he admitted. "we live in a place called The Under-realms. the journey to and from can make new travelers sick, closing your eyes can help." he promised, waiting for her to close her eyes before he gently led her forward. in an instant, it felt as if she had stepped off of a cliff, her stomach slammed into her throat, and wind whistled past her ears, but her feet seamed to be on solid ground, and everything settled all at once, her stomach, her hair, the breeze. "you can open your eyes now." he promised.

they seamed to be in a well lit, underground cavern. there was no natural light, sparing ever so sensitive eyes from the harsh light of the sun. most of the light seamed to come from natural courses, glowing moss, and huge bonfires and lamps with fire inside. candles where everywhere. the place seamed to be silent, and off in the distance was a small castle which was crowded with people. "This is the Rosewood Clan Castle." he explained, smiling at her. "you see that place up there?" he asked, pointing up. high above them, was a castle so massive, it put the Queens palace in London to shame. "that's the Royal Castle. your home."

April smiled a little as he spoke, she didnt really think about the fact that he was her slave, but the bodyguard bit helped her a little. When he began to lead her out she quickly grabbed her jacket before then following him out of the shop and down the alleyway. She listened to him and said "oh ok" she took his hand and then shut her eyes, one hand in his while the other was clutching the photo. She suddenly felt like she was falling, she suddenly felt sick and dizzy and then it all just stopped. She slowly opened her eyes after he promised that it was safe too. She glanced around with wide eyes "wow" she said softly as she glanced around, she looked up at him and said "this place looks amazing" she said. When he pointed up she looked up, her jaw dropped as she saw the huge castle "thats my house?" She said in shock "wow" she said, still surprised about all this. A thought then came to her head "how comes my eyes are blue and I dont seem to have fangs though?" She asked him curiously "or is that just because I havent ever used my powers before?"

he smiled at her a little and shook his head. "your eyes are blue because that's the color they where born with. mine are red because it's a genetic trait of the Rosewood clan." he admitted. "all of my family have red eyes. you don't have fangs, because you haven't tasted blood yet." he admitted simply. "your body hasn't had the blood it needs, so it has remained dormant. most of our children do not taste their first blood until they turn ten, because a baby needs milk, even vampire babies, and then they need special vitamins and things from regular 'human' food. but as we grow older, our tastes loose their... favor, towards human foo, which is why it becomes tasteless." he explained, smiling at her. "you haven't used your powers yet because instinctively, you knew it was a bad idea." he admitted with a shake of his head. "come inside." he offered, smiling at her. "there's a lot of things we have to un-teach you about our people." he admitted with a small chuckle.

he led her inside and settled her in a warm living room sort of place with a roaring fireplace to keep it nice and warm. "not the first thing you have to know, is that we are not immortal... shooting us in the belly, WILL kill us. no stake needed." he admitted simply. "second, we do NOT, turn into Bats... well.. there are one or two." he admitted smiling. "but it's a genetic trait." he admitted. "some Vampires carry a recessive 'were' gene, allowing us to shape change at will, with enough practice." he smirked. "we are, in fact, NOT, affected by Garlic, or holy water, bibles, or praying." he promised, looking amused. "lets see... what else? oh, of course, we don't sparkle in the sun... i feel like killing that Meyers woman, i really do." he admitted with a small chuckle. "we don't burst into flames or turn to ashes either." he admitted, shaking his head a little.

"would you like to taste your first blood? i have to warn you, as old as you are, the first changes can be... painful." he admitted. "it's easier for children, because their teeth are already falling out, so the Fangs won't hurt as badly when they force their way out of the gums the first time." he opened his mouth, pulling his lips out of the way to reveal his normal looking teeth, then, right before her eyes, a long fang slipped out over his canines, fitting around the actual tooth like a funnel, forming a long fang. "see? they retract." he admitted, letting his fang slip back inside his gums. "your first taste of blood may change your physical appearance as your Vampire genes take over, but it's a slim chance and it limited to hair and eye color, and may change the shade of your skin. the most jarring change is the rapid healing. any damages you have, or ever have had, will fix themselves. fragile bones, weak eyesight, allergies, it can be a little disconcerting at first, so make sure you're ready."

April nodded a little as he spoke about her eye and hair colour, she then followed him inside and sat down as he spoke. She couldnt help but smile as he talked about the sparkling "actyally vampires can sparkle... But only if they go through an art and crafts shop" she said with a small giggle as she spoke. She watched as his fangs extended and then retracted, nodding slowly as she listened to him "I might as well try my first pure blood, since I have eaten lots of steaks, and usually they are rare." April looked at him and said "wait a minute, you said painful, in which way is it painful?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side slightly "I will probably drink the blood now, but I want to know what I'm going to expect" she said. "And I dont really think if I would like to turn into a bat, easily killed by bigger animals, but no offence to anyone who can turn into a bat" she said as she put her jacket down and rubbed her arm slowly

(I think at some point april should meet the cloaked person who kidnapped her)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom