Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

campus of chaos [join, accepting everyone]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaze glared at him, his teasing tone enough to irritate her, but her own carelessness was enough to fill her with rage. Her surroundings began to appear red to her, a good indication that her eyes appeared as blood red balls of flame. Another flaw of hers that she utterly hated. Luckily, it only happened when she became angry.

After gaining composure, she tucked her knees to her chest and hugged them tightly, fiery red hair fell in front of her face to hide the disdain. "Ok, so I can play with fire." she snapped. "It's one of my...well, curses as I like to call it." She sighed, knowing more questions would be following.

He knew that he had once again hit a soft spot, obviously like him, she was not happy about the cards life had dealt her. "There is nothing wrong with playing with fire. Other than what you saw earlier, I can't do anything else with my own flames." he said, trying to calm her down from being upset at him. He didn't want to have her run off now, not when he was just enjoying his time again. He sighed as he brushed his own hair back behind his horns.

"Well, what other curses do you have? I mean, mine are quite obvious between my looks and this darkness that sometimes happens when it feels like." He wasn't sure if he should open up to her more, if that would make her fee more comfortable with him or not. Well, maybe just a little bit of information couldn't hurt. "If you couldn't tell I am half demon, a child of evil seed. My mother didn't know my father, he came to her house one night and ..." Urowen had to swallow some anger at the memory. "and later on I was born."

Blaze gave him a soft smile, appreciating his attempt at giving her slight comfort. It seemed to help. As she relaxed, her skin began to cool down, and she stretched back out in the grass. Once again she focused on the feel of earth between her toes.

After hestitating for a moment, she decided that maybe it wouldn't hurt to open up about whe she is. Afterall, Urowen's been so kind and understanding thusfar. Not to mention he's been open enough with her. "Well, I'm obviously not a full blood anything, since I appear so human. I'm not entirely sure if that's a blessing or a curse." she sighed, and continued. "I'm a fire fairy. Well, a half blood. I'm not entirely sure what all of my abilities are, as I'm still learning. But, in case you didn't notice, I tend to catch things on fire when I'm a bit angry."

Things seemed to slowly fall into place with this woman. "I guess that explains why you were so enticed by my own flame." He said with a smile, know that he knew more about her. He wasn't sure if it meant that she could help him with his problems, but at least she understood what it was like to be half blooded. "So is that why you are here, to learn about what you can do? He asked as he stretched he legs out and leaned back on the grass. He had been so worried about what was going on between them that he hadn't realized that his muscles were getting stiff. He groaned as his muscles stretch to the change.

She smiled a gave a soft chuckle "Yes, that's exactly why I drawn to your flame. Another curse I guess you could say. I can sense fire, travel through it and use it as a portal. Unfortunately I can also be summoned through fire rituals as well. What can I say? It's in my blood, literally. Anytime a flame is near, I can't help but be drawn to it's warmth."

She began to feel better, much better than she had in a while. It was nice being able to open up to someone that could understand. "But yes, that's why I'm here. Well, that and to learn some control. I've only recently come into my..uh...powers. My mother became so frightened of me that she sent me here."

"Some many awesome abilities already. I can see why you want to learn even more." He said, surprised when she listed off everything she already could do. He understood why someone would be scared of her, fire had a dangerous property about it. Not a simple element to control. "The summoning ritual sounds like it could cause some troubles though. Have you ever had someone use the ritual on you?" He asked, no longer worried about what she may or may not know. He was starting to actually get interested in her as a person.

"Thank goodness no one has used the ritual on me. Although, I haven't told anyone about it either." In fact, she's not even sure why she said anything about it at all. She knew it could cause trouble, and wanted to prevent that at all costs. "I think that since I am only half fairy, a ritual would have to be specifically designed to summon me anyways. No normal fire ritual will work. So I guess I'm sort of safe."

For the first time, she actually looked into his eyes. They almost seemed to sparkle with curiousity. Quickly, she looked away, her cheeks turning rosey red.

"Well that is good, I would hate to be in the middle of something and then suddenly whisked away to who knows where." He said as he noticed she looked at him before turning away. He started to remember what little knew about fairies, and couldn't remember hearing anything about sensitive eyes. "So, why is it that you were getting out of the light? I get this weird feeling that it wasn't what you originally told me."

Blaze nods in agreement "Yes, I imagine someday I may have to deal with being whisked off to who knows where." She begins to chuckle "I just hope if and when it happens, it will be a pleasant experience!"

She bit her lip, a little embarrassed now that she had bothered to lie to him. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if others new. Afterall, she is surrounded by other mythical creatures. Surely they could accept her for what she really is. Well, she could hope. She hoped that the one visible trait she had that didn't appear human wouldn't scare anyone off, not here.

Closing her eyes with a heavy sigh, she creates a small fire, enough to give off the light needed for him to see what she kept hidden from the world, what she considered horror. "You are right. I lied and I'm sorry. I never wanted anyone to see, but now that you know, I guess it doesn't matter." Her eyes flashed open, boaring into his. The true color of her iris's seen for the first time by another, well, except her mother. They are beautiful in color, appearing a rich blood red. If watched closely, they appear to almost be burning as the flame itself. "My eyes are the one trait that would surely give me away."

Urowen watched as the flame illuminated just enough of the darkness to show the two inside. He had almost forgotten what she had looked like before he covered them up. He was enticed by her eyes, almost like they drew him in. They were beautiful and accented wonderfully with the flames she was producing to show them off.

"I can see why you hide them, they are slightly different from most. Although, I still envy you. You can put on a pair of shades and walk through a town and no one would be none the wiser. My horns have made that difficult for myself. Even if I tried to cover them with a horn, there is still a large bump."

Urowen held his hand out, palm up and concentrated on it for a little while, his own flame flickering to life. His own features accented. Although his body looked human, his skin was a pale grey and his eyes seemed to be white orbs. "I know how you feel about worrying about your looks. I was born a monster, and now I live my life in secrecy and in a small school with others of my kind."

A soft smiley grew across Blaze's lips. For the first time in her life, she knew acceptance. She felt a large weight lifted off her shoulders, and it made her genuinly happy. As she watched Urowen's fascination with her eyes, she couldn't help but giggle. It was a bit comical to her that a demon could find someone such as herself so fascinating.

She began to feel silly, being so worried about keeping her eyes such a secret, especially when there was a creature in front of her who couldn't hide himself from the world. She studied his features for a brief moment as the room became lighter with a second fire burning. Reaching up, she placed her hand close to his and joined their flames together, watching them dance and flicker in unison.

"Honestly, I don't mind the horns. I think they suit you quite nicely."

Urowen smirked when she joined their flames and complimented his horns. "Well they make it hard to find a good hate to wear." He joked lightly, letting his free hand pass through his hair. This was just as different for him, finding someone that not only accepted who he was, but generally stayed around with him. Even their flames seemed drawn to each other, spinning and flickering in a dance between their hands. He wasn't sure if it was the flames, or the closeness of their hands tat had caused a heat to resonate through his skin. He turned his hand over, not knowing what he was doing, and slid his hand through her own flame and placing it against her palm. "I must say, it is terrible that you hide your eyes. They are the most amazing eyes I have ever seen."

Blaze couldn't help herself but giggle, picturing a hat on a demon. That seemed like such a silly idea. Besides, she'd hate to see him cover up that gorgeous head of hair. The moment their hands joined, her cheeks began to flush. It was the first time another person had touched her, and this one she was quickly growing to like. His compliment about her eyes gave her butterflies. Suddenly both their hands lit up in one giant flame. She had no idea if it was the fact that their flames were touching, or if she did it herself. Terrified of burning him, she pulled away and let the flame sizzle out.

The heat from the flames that engulfed their hands was a new sensation. Although it wasn't painful, it was something he had never felt before. He didn't get a chance to explore that feeling anymore when she pulled her hand back, extinguishing the flame. He let out a sigh, trying to stifle his confusion and curiosity of the new experience. Deciding that maybe he should find somethng to talk about, something to keep the situation from getting awkward.

"Have you tried to seek out your fairy heritage? I would think that they would be able to help you understand what you can do more than trying a general magical school like this. You would think that with the stigma of fairies, that they would be accepting to on of their kind, even if it is only half." He had wanted to find out more of his other half, but unlike Blaze, he didn't know what ind of demon was in his other half.

Blaze looked off to the side, afraid to see what his reaction might have been. She distracted herself by playing with her hair, something she often did when feeling a bit nervous. His attempt at breaking the silence brough her comfort. She must not have hurt him, or he was just playing off like a tough guy.

She had, in fact, looked into her fairy heritage. She had a little success, but not much. They wouldn't tell her who her father was exactly, but they were able to give her a little insight as to what happened when her powers made themselves known.

"I have, in fact, been able to contact my guardian fairy from time to time. She's been able to warn me of the dangers my power posses, but they can not offer me much help. Each fairy has some unique abilities, while others are all shared among our kind. They've taught me all they could. Now I'm here to discover what is so special about me. If anything at all" She scoffed. To her, she wasn't special. And no one had ever seen her that way either.

Urowen nodded as she told him her story of the fairies. It was interesting to hear about a guardian fairy, someone who watched over another. This was a alien idea to the half demon that grew up knowing he would be alone all of his life. "Something I have learned in my time trying to find out who I am. The special power that people seek, is often simply who they are." He quoted from a book he had come across in his journey. He knew it sounded cheesy, but he couldn't help but feel it kind of fit in her situation.

"Well if it is any help, I am also hoping to find out more about who or what I am. I know I am half demon, but with the different classifications it is next to impossible for me to figure out what kind with the little I know."

Blaze glanced up, shocked to hear words from one of her favorite books. She also knew he was right in so many ways. While she was slowly discovering who she is, she felt sorry that he was having such a difficult time finding out about himself.

It was as if a lightbulb flickered on. As excitement washed over her, a spark shot out of her fingers, attempting to light the ground around her on fire. "Oops" She muttered, putting the fire out with nothing but a wave of her hand. "I still have a hard time controlling myself at times." She began to laugh at herself, which was rather foreign to her. "I think I might have a way to help you. You clearly have the blood of a fire elemental of some sort running through your veins. Have you ever visited the other realm?

Urowen couldn't help but laugh when she lit the ground on fire. He was amazed with her control over it, even by the simple wave of her hand. "I must say, I envy what you can do. My little trick is all I can do with it. Nothing as advanced as what you can do." He said while listening to her questioning him. Her own excitement piqued his interest as she seemed to know something. "No, I have only read about the other realms, never considered going to one, not alone anyway." He was secretly scared of the dangers he would face. Here in the human world, he was only feared and able to hide in his darkness well. But among other demons he was not sure he would fair as well. "I was hoping to be more trained in case the hate I got there would be worse than what I got here."

She couldn't help but blush at his honesty. Someone envied her, well, at least envied her abilities. That was quite foreign to her. It felt good, nonetheless, and she couldn't help but feel a desire to show off just a little bit. "Well, I have been able to find my way to the fire realm a few times. That's where I met my guardian. Perhaps, one day, I can take you there if you like." Biting her lip and shifting her gaze, she couldn't help but feel hopefully, and slightly embarrassed. She was certainly enjoying his company, but didn't want it to appear too obvious that she has developed a liking to him.

He was surprised to here that she would take him to the fire realm, farther than he had ever gone for answers. And if her guardian was in that realm, maybe things wouldn't be as bad as he had originally thought. "I would love to go with you, maybe help find more out about me, and as well ..." He couldn't understand where the feeling he had was coming from. The thought of going with anyone was not something he liked. But to go with Blaze, somehow, it felt right. "...it would be a lot of fun with you there."

Blaze bit her lip and smiled, her heart raced slightly at the thought of traveling with Urowen. She didn't want to seem in a hurry to whisk him off to another land, but at the same time, she wanted more time to be alone with him. Attempting to sound casual, she murmered "I can take you whenever you like. Just let me know when you have time, I guess. I've kept you for quite a while and wouldn't want to keep you from anything."

Urowen stood up from the ground and dusted some of the dirt off of his clothes. He held his hand out to her to help Blaze up. "Well, the classes here are pretty dull and in case you didn't notice, I am kind of a loner. So I would say I have all the time in the world." He closed his eyes for a moment to let the cloud of darkness that was surrounding them, fade into a light smoke before being whisked away in the wind. He opened his eyes and let them adjust to the light he forgot was around them.

She hesitated for a brief moment before reaching up and taking his hand. His hand felt warm, and a bit rough against her soft palm. She staggered for a moment before catching her balance, feeling stiff muscles attempting to stretch out. She didn't realize how long they had been sitting there. As the orb dissapeared, the light flickered off her eyes. For once, she didn't care about placing sunglasses over her face. It was a feeling of true freedom, and she couldn't help but smile.

Noticing that she still had hold of his hand, her face turned another pretty shade of pink.

For the first time, Urowen could see her eyes without the aid of fire. He couldn't help but notice the way they drew his mind in was intoxicating. He felt that he could get lost in their depth. He had also failed to notice their hands were still clasped together. He gave her a gentle smile. "Would you like to go somewhere now? Somewhere that we can be alone without having to hide?" He didn't know where he wanted to go, and frankly he didn't care. He just wanted to spend more time with her, able to see her without struggling through darkness or having to maintain light with a flame.

The thought of being alone with him was rather enticing, especially with the way he looked at her now. With a subtle nod, she smiled "Well, the world is ours. Where would you like to go?" Yes, she had promised him the fire realm, but she didn't know if going there was his main concern at the moment. Glancing around, she could see others staring at them. Her fiery red hair shined in the light, flowing freely with the quiet breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom