Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lacey's Secrets (mistressflames and Killer Kenny)

mistressflames

Supernova
The door creaked open. Bright red hair and green eyes peeked inside. The coast was clear. Lacey slipped into the seating area in her private dorm room. The light from the moonlight showing through the window light her way. She did not want to risk waking her roommate. Quietly she crept across the parlor. All she wanted to do was take a hot shower and pass out in bed. It had been a long night. The door was inches away. Victory!
Or not...

The light flicked on Lacey quickly covered her squinted eyes. "Where have you b-" Megan, her doe eyed blonde dorm mate was staring at her like she had just seen a ghost. He had every right too. Lacey was a mess. Her hair was tangled, her clothes were torn and burnt, her mascara ran down her perfect face and her cheeks were puffy and glossy from too much crying. Yet none of this caught her mate's attention. "Lacey... you can walk!" She exclaimed in disbelief. Before she could say anything Megan was off the bed and at her side. Instantly Lacey burst into tears. The mixed emotions in her were too much to hold in. The pure joy that she could indeed walk mixed with the tragedy of her father was too much to bare.

After crying until no more possible tears could form in her eyes and taking an extensively long shower, Lacey walked into the sitting room to join Megan on the couch. She took her time to the couch but decided to lean against the wall rather than sit. She had never thought this was possible and now that it was, Lacey felt as if she would never sit again.

"Alright I have waited long enough Lacey, spill. What happened to you? How is it possible you are walking." The next hour Lacey did her best to explain everything that happened. Her father was a very wealthy man. He owned a medical reasearch company known as Skyler industries. For a long time he had been having his top scientist working on a break through in medicine. He did not share too many details with Lacey. She could not keep up with all the sciency technical terms anyway. Last night he called her excited. He was sure they had found a cure for his daughters paralesis. They had formulated a new medicine that could heal scared and damaged muscles completely. That night Lacey agreed to come over and try it. She would do anything to be able to walk like her classmates. Something went wrong. At first everything was fine, she was given the anastesia then injected with what Lacey liked to call cure in a bottle. Then everything went hazey. When she woke the building had been burnt to the ground. She was lying in the ashes of what used to be medical table with wires still suctioned to her body. At first she freaked out. Something went horribly wrong. Lacey confessed to Megan that she thought she would be stuck there until the ems arrived. Then curiously she tested whether the experiment had worked. It did! It was a good thing she no longer needed a wheel chair because hers was burnt to crisp in the fire.

"Wow... so you no longer need a wheel chair?" Megan asked, Lacey shook her head. "This is so awesome. Just think of the things we can do together now!" For the next hour the girls stayed up and talked about the future and what it now meant that Lacey could miraculously walk. Then Lacey grew tired and the girls went to bed.

Stars in the sky, stars scattered about the ground, that's all Alexander saw as he gazed out teh window of his private jet departing form San Francisco. It would be a little under an hour now till he reached his final destination and he was mroe than releaved to be able to finally stay in a city for more than just a few weeks, to bring his six month long tour around the west coast to an end and finally set up shop again.

Alexander was the head of Home Electronics and Defense, or H.E.A.D. for short, a small company that cattered to the police for and home security systems, specializing in non lethal force. Where as America had Stark Industries, hammer industries, Os corp and even S.H.I.E.L.D. to provide weapons for foreign and superhuman threats, his company focused on the more down to earth threats, with stun guns, non-lethal nerve gasses, police armor and the like. Though the company was small it had grown out of it's home state oh Massachusetts in less than a year and now, for it's four year aniversary Alexander was expanding the company to the west coast. In fact his final destiation thsi trip was to negotiate a take over of a small chemical company who had shown promise in a non-lethal anti-riot nerve gass as well as a few other brilliant ideas Alexander couldn't wait to get his hand son to start procesing the chemicals into his anti-riot weapons.

it was ten minutes intot he fligth before anything drew the young mans attention fromt eh window, the moving lights and dark sillohets below were the only thigns tha thad kept him from going stir crazy, that was untilt he door opened infront of him to reveal a curvasious young woman, dresse dup in a formal skirt and button up top, tie and all, her hair bound up in a bun with a pen knife holdign teh hair in place. The woman clutched her binder to her chest her eyes screaming of concern behidn her glasses as she stepped in though her face a stoic and calm loking as the statue of liberty its self.

"Rivet, what have i told you about dressing so formal, we are on a private jet, you, it's jsut you and me RELAX for once." Alexander sighe dout with out even looking over at his secretary he knew, it was too obvious byt eh sound of her heels as she walked towards him. "So what's go you so glum?" Teh boy muse dotu as he finally looked over ot her when she stopped to stand next to hsi chair, letting her sigh and push up her glasses before she spoke. "Mr. Shepard... there has been a delay in our meeting with Skyler corp., you migth want to read this." She said calmly as she pulled a tablet from between her bossom and folder handign it to her boss, the young man givign her a smerk as he took the device from ehr, his smile betrayed his true age, the twenty three year old c.e.o cold pull off the look of a true buisnes man if only he would learn to keep a serious face, then again she asumed that was part of his sucess, Alexander in her eyes was a younger mroe earthly Tony Stark.

Alexanders smile dissapered though as he finally looked a the tablet, readign the news titles as the live video streamed of the smokign crater that had once been Mr. Skylers mansion, the report blatantly stating one casualy coutned so far, Mr. Skyler him self... "I'm sorry Mr. Shepard, they are still goign to try and confirm his DNA, but the body was found in Skyler's personal lab, only he had access to that area." Rivet said solemly. "get some sleep sir, we have a long process ahead of us comign this mornign." She added as she turnedand slowly stepped away leaving the c.E.O. to tend to his thoughts as she closed teh door behidn her.

The next morning Lacey awoke to the sound of the radio. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae was hitting the second chorus when her hand slapped over the alarm with a groan. She rubbed her eyes and sat up in the bed. “It’s morning already…” She moaned while brushing her untamed bangs back above her head.
“It’s morning!” Lacey gasped and shot awake with a new excitement. This was a new start to something wonderful. A whole new life.

She pulled her legs to the side, old habits would be hard to break, and pushed off the bed. Two bare feet landed on the solid ground. Her hands reached for the nightstand but it was unnecessary. She was balanced, standing tall and strong. Lacey giggled with excitement. It was not a dream after all. Her legs were healed! It was a miracle, but sadly one that came with a price. If she was going to make it through the day Lacey had to remind herself this was what her father wanted. It took around ten minutes to change into her school uniform and put on her make up. Lacey was soon standing at the door to her bed room with her book sac slung over her shoulder. It had taken half the time in normally would to get ready leaving her with a good deal of spare time to waste. That did not deter her. In fact this was another bonus in her mind. It meant she would not have to wake up as early.

“I am heading out. I will meet with you later.” Lacey called through the walls at her roommate. Normally they would leave together but she was too excited to show everyone what she could now do. Lacey spun on her heels as she turned away from Megan’s room and began her journey across the sitting room towards the door. Something was wrong. Step by step she felt her legs start to grow weak. Half way across the room they began to tremble with each step. “No… Please say this is not happening…” She began to pray this was just a minor speed bump. In a few more steps her legs would grow stronger. She could not have been any more wrong. A few more steps she could feel her legs loosing its support. They barely wanted to move and threatened to give in at any moment. Lacey grabbed hold of a side table trying to use it for support but by time she reached the door the red head was sitting flat on the floor. “Megan! Come quick!... Please I need your help!” She called to her roommate. She tried fighting back this sickening feeling but failed as tears began to run down her eyes. The miracle medicine had not worked. Her legs were still useless.

"Sir wake up we are nearly there." was teh only warnign Alexander got before his pillow was shifted from udner his head and slamemd onto the seat jolting him away a she sat up straight with a groggy groan, his sleepy eyes glancign over at Rossie as she fidgeted with her skirt, straightening it as she scooted back into a comfortable position on the seat next to him. "You're lucky you don't drool in your sleep. Now then straighten your hair, stark is out more then you and still finds time to keep himself cleaner." She scolded as she pulled a comb from between her bossom and passed it to him.

"How long did it take for them to put out the fire?" Alex questioned allowed as he looked out the limos tinted window at the charred skeleton of the mansion, it looked as if the world had begun swallowing it as the right side of the foundation gave away and the upper floors crushed the groudn floor. Relief flowing through him as he realized the house didn't seem to have fallen onto the laboratory that had been housed underground, The CEO had been examining the blue prints of teh house as he watched the actual mansion burn on a live feed the whole flight to Santa Barbara, sleeping on Rosies lap on the limo ride straight to the City of hope, ten years ago teh towns between the airport and the actual City,t he subruban area, had been demolished by a freak mutant rampage. int eh tiem of confusiona nd morning a man had bougth up the land and built over it to make a city, now the City of Hope towered of Santa barbara liek a giant smoek stack, the cities had been built using the latest technology and the cleanest of energy, btu that still didn't prevent it's thousand of citizens from ruinignt he air with gass cars. even now he could se ethe gloom off otn eh horizon as the drove through the hills east of both of the cities.

"You saw the video, the fire fighters arrived about the same time i gave you the news.." She said as she slipped off ehr heels, pushing her self off of the seat to shuffle across teh floor and grab a work beltwith wratches, wrenches and leath pouches holding an assortmetn of gear on it, strappign it aroudn heer waist before grabbign a pair of black leather steel toe botos and plopping down back next to ehr boss. "Who knows what kind of chemicals were burnign in their. The reports said they had to drop three whole loads of water fromt eh air. as she strapepd them on whiel he combed his hair back and in place using the reflection in the mirror. "keep these with you incase their are fumes still." She stated in her normal profesional voic enow as she passe dhim a chemical reader and a pocket sized gass mask, his beign engraved with all sorts of tribal lookign symbols, she knew what hey were for few people did.

"You think we will be in that much danger?" Alexander questioned as he looekd a the carving ont eh gassmask, he didn;t need it, well nto for the conventional use but if she insisted then he wasn't goign to argue as he pocketed it before teh limo stopped and he stepped out, followed by Rosie before the news cast directed theri attention formt eh fire and straigth at the new CEO arrival in town.

"And she hasn't been to the hospital sense the explosion? Do you think she knows abotu ehr father yet?" Alexander whispere ditno hsi blu-tooth as he stood infront of the dorm room door, it had been a day sense the accident at Skyler Corp., his investigation intot he rubble hadd turned up little to nothing, though he had foudnt he burnt reminants of a wheelchair in the lab, while the C.E.O. hoped for the best he still had to assume it was the daugthers, and if so, was ti a spare? or had she been caught itn eh blast, and if she had, then why did her school say she had been seen in msot of her classes for the day. Still it was better safe than sorry and the man hoped maybe his collegues daughter could shien soem light on what had happened the nigth before. Worst case scenario, she had no clue and he was to e the bearer fo bad news, or worse for soem reason, the daugther was the culprit, he prayed it did not coem ot eh last two as he knocked ont he door again, his knuckles rapping upon the solid wood three times.

“I’m coming!” A girl’s voice announced through the door. A few minutes later he could hear the sound of the latch clicking and the door swung open. A blond girl stood on the other side of the door. She looked a little confused at first. She did not recognize the man standing in her doorway. As she looked him over her confused thoughts adjusted. He was young, handsome and well dressed. She could tell by looking at him he was no poor college student. At least she hoped he wasn’t. Whether he was single or not was yet to be determined. “Hello. May I help you?” Megan asked, waiting to hear at least his name before she would invite him in.

The man had to say he was disapoitned not to see his associates daughter in front of him, but the girl didn't seem to be showing too much distress. Alex figured the heiress must be doing fine if her roomate wasn't worried, that or they weren't as close as he washoping, either way he put on a small smile as he spoke, trying not to show hsi fatigue or worry as he spoke a cortious as possible. "I am, Alexander Reb. C.E.O. of H.E.A.D.. I was wonderign if this was where Miss Skyler, and if she had been in today?" Alexander explaiend with a soft bow of his head as he finishe dhis request. "and if you know if she will be back any time soon, I wish to speak with her."

Megan's eyes grew wider when she heard his name. "You are Alexander Reb? Thats why you look familiar, I've seen you on tv." She confessed. "I am Megan Azra." She reached out a hand to shake his. Megan was clearly excited to see him. The excitement masked her nervousness for Lacey. Someone very important had come to see her roommate. After last nights event she suspected this was just the first of what would probably be a tidal wave of visits from different important figures in the Styler social and business world. "Oh, please come in." She stepped back opening the door wider, waiting for him to get inside and then shutting the door behind him. The first room was a main entrance area. It had a couch and television set and was connected to a kitchenette that was set with a table in the corner. "Have a seat. Lacey has been in her room since she got back from class. I'll go tell her you are here." She informed the man. Anxiously Megan began to back step towards the back door to the right, Lacey's room. Megan's was the one to the left. Then she turned and calmly but swiftly went straight to Lacey's door. She knocked then opened the door and stepped inside.

Alexander was left waiting in the living area for a good three quite minute. Megan must have been disgusting something about the guest to Lacey in order for them to take their time. Then the door was pushed all the way open and Megan stood behind Lacey as she pushed the girl into the room. "Mr. Reb. I understand you wanted to speak with me." She told him as she was wheeled closer. Lacey was well groomed. Her hair was pulled back and she was wearing a red miniskirt with a black silt shirt. Yet something was off. Her makeup was at a minimum and slightly smudged.

"I will let you two talk. I will be in my room if you need anything." Megan excused herself out of the conversation

It wasn't hard for him to tell she had been crying, the makeupp did nothign to cover the bag sunder her eyes and she didn't help it with the unkept smudging. The man let out a soft exhail of relief as his shoulders slumped, atleas the wouldnt have to giv eher the bad news it seemed. "So, you have heard the news about your father then Miss Skyler?" Alexander asked, trying to be as forward but still considerate as p[ossible, he wasn;t used to this kidn of speaking, hell h usually had Rosey write hsi speeches for him when ever he had to talk in public. "do..has any one told... do you know how it happened?" HE asekd stumblign ont he best way to try and pry the little information he wanted otu of her.

Lacey studied the man. She was calm, still and quiet. Her head nodded when he mentioned her father’s passing. “Mhmm.” The sound from her throat confirmed she had been informed her father had died. His next question though hit her a little harder than the first. Her eyes began to sting and water. Her memories instantly went back to the night before. It was as fresh as if it had happened a few minutes ago. She closed her eyes looking down in her lap. It was her fault her father was dead. All she wanted to do was walk and she was determined to make it happen no matter the cost. A lump caught in her throat and she tried her best to repress the memory. She needed to keep it together in front of the man otherwise she would not be able to get a word out. “There was an explosion.” She took in a deep breath and exhaled. “He was working on one of his experiments in the lab beneath the manor as he does on most nights. Something was miscalculated and went terribly wrong.” She tried to keep her voice from shaking. Lacey opened her eyes again. “I haven’t gotten any official reports yet. So I can’t tell you exactly what happened. Some of daddy’s work he kept secret even from me.” She explained. Lacey looked up at Alexander now. She knew his role in her father's business. "I'm guessing you've been there and studied the damage. Did you find out anything?" She asked wondering what he knew and trying to see if he could tell her what had happened.

"We found..."Alexander paused, trying to find the best way to say all of this. "we.. I found two survivors, they look like your help staff int he mansion.. they are in critical care." The buisiness man spoke, hoping to shine some good news on this catastrophy. "All records of workers burnt with the building, we have no way to identify them. I know it might be hard, but the sooner you can come down tot eh hospital and give us an idea, the sooner we can call their families." Alexander paused to let it sink in, leaning forward to put his elbow son his knees before continuing, trying to close some space between them. "A boy and a girl, maybe a little older than you. Do you know how many workers stayed at the mansion at night? maybe they are interns for his lab?" He added though he realised he shouldn't be pushing information this soon as he hung his head with a sigh, it had taken him all day to find and get those people out even with the help of the fire department, the man needed some shut eye already. "I'll give you a bit more time, but if you have any need to talk, or any help for what is going to come next, give me a call." as he spoke he pulled a small buisness card form his suite pocket and slipped it onto the table, befroe he leaned forward to get up, fixign his shirt as he stood. "I just came here hoping to put some light on this tejedy, and to wellt o put it bluntly, get to you before the media dig you up."

Lacey listened quietly to his report. He was not exactly making her feel any better. He was only reminding the young girl that her father was not the only person that was lost during the experiment. "Yes of course. I'll do anything I can to help." She reassured him as he asked about the burnt victims. "I'll have a list of the staff drafted and sent to you as soon as I can." She told him as the man got ready to leave. It was a small relief to know his concerns were of the staff. If he knew the truth on what happened he wouldn't be looking at her the way he was. He would not be asking her for this kind of help. For now she did not think anyone alive knew what really happened. It was probably better that way. Especially when the stupid experiment had not worked. She was still stuck in the metal seat on wheels. "Thank you for coming Mr. Reb. I'll keep in touch." She reassured him as she controlled her emotions. She was so worried about what had happened and whether she could or couldn't walk that she had forgotten about the press. Honestly even for a high classed girl like herself she was not exactly looking forward to it.

As Alexander stood Megan popped her head into the door. "Hey Mr. Reb can we crash at your place?" Megan asked rather bluntly. Lacey was stunned by the question and quickly gave her roommate a disapproving glare. Megan shrugged and kept to her request. "In a day or two the media will be all over the school. If you are sincere on your offer I think Lacey would be able to have a little peace before the crazy starts." She explained. "What do you say Mr. CEO?" She raised a brow at the man.

"I..."Alexander stopped in his tracks, a little thrown back by the young girls demand, he turned to stare at the brave little lady with a cocked brow, intrguge dbut still confused. Sure he figured they would want to live int eh lap of luxury for a few days, but he was a CEO, even he ahd a few prying eye son him at times. "alright, you two can stay at my suite until we get this figured out." Alexander sigeh dout as he shook his head, soem how he knew he was goign to regret it, already he was trying to figuire out how to slip out at nigth without the twog irls noticing. "but I sitll have camera's on me from my arrival into this city, you two will have to drive there and your own, I'll have my secretary Rose escort you up." He gave his commands witha soft vocie as he headed tot he door, opening it before turnign to add one last note. "The address is on my card, pack what you will need though I have a feelign y ou will be using my commodeties more than anything." And witht hat he dipep dout of the room and headed out of the campus as swiftly as possible.

"Yes I know this means no midnight research, YES I KNOW not to touch her I'm not a pig.... what about her roomate... WHAT ABOUT HER ROOMMATE.... hey hey you and i both knwo somethign fishy happeend up on that mansion, and you told me no capes int eh city if it cant be helped, with hese two around I wont be able to at night happy..."Alexander had a bit of explainign todo with his secretary, in the end though she would be waitign for the girls int he lobby, glad that she ahd her own suite to keep away fromt eh sorority her boss seeme dto be buildign in his own.

The girls agreed to with Alexander's terms. The moment he stepped out the door Lacey once again turned her attention to Megan. "What?" Megan asked innocently. "Don't look at me like that. I just did us both a favor. Instead of fighting the reporters to get to class and blacking out the windows we get to stay in a Suite." She walked over and began pushing Lacey back into her room. "I could hire a security team." Lacey suggested. "Yes you could..." Megan agreed as she bent over excited to get closer to Lacey's level. "But then we wouldn't be staying with Prince Billionaire." Lacey laughed and shook her head. "He's not a billionaire." She corrected her roommate. "Potato Pot-a-to, its close enough for me. Pack your back quickly. We need to get to that castle before the clock stikes midnight." Megan mused as she went back into her own room to pack.

An hour later the two girls took Megan's car to the hotel. They could have taken one of Lacey's family cars but she convinced Megan they needed to lie low right now. Driving a lemo to the hotel beat the whole point of going. They had packed all the necessities. Clothing, basic toiletries, their laptops and unfortunately their booksacs of school work. It did not take long to spot Alexander's secretary. They met in the lobby and were lead to the elevator where they were each given a key to use to get to Alexander's private floor.

"Fancy." Megan said in aww as the blonde girl pushed Lacey out of the elevator. It was not like she had not visited Lacey's real house a few times. Still for an average citizen the room was something to talk about. Lacey was not as impressed. This had been her norm when traveling since she was able to talk. Rosie told the girls their rooms were on the left side of the suite. The bell hop immediately brought their bags to their respective rooms.

His suite welcomed them tot he view of the newly developed city, the main room they stepepd in had no outer wall and isntead was covere din smart glass that could tint at the push of a button, now though it was as clear as possible to show off the city lights, the stars otn eh ground as Alex enjoyed calling them. int he center of hte large room was a large fire place that sat itneh middle of a large square pit,t he rim of which was one long sofa that stretched the whoel perimeter, above the fire upon the mantle sat a flast screen TV on either side of the chimney, the 2 bare sides faced towards teh elevator and towards the city. the fireplace itself was odd int eh way that it also had no real walls suroundign the fire pit, allowing anyone that sat ont eh sofa its full view and warmth, the low hum of a fan could be heard comming formt he chimeny to vent the smoke so the air int eh suite wasn't blackened. the rest of hte main enterance was pretty bare save for the doors on each side of the large carpeted room that lead to other rooms or hallways, a slidign glass door on each corner od the glass wall lead out ot eh balcony where Alex sat, un aware of his new arrivals.
He lay in a reclinign deck chair, looking up at the nigth sky, his eyes dartign between each bright light as he conecte dthem into constilations, somethign he did since he was a child, and somethign he was glad he could do in this new citry, a place free of the smog like its father city tot he south, Los angeles.

Megan marveled to the suite that had supposedly been a temorary place for all to stay including for Alexander. It looked. Like he had put a lot of personal touches into something he wasn't going to stay in. Megan had already decided just from stepping into the main living area that she could see herself actually living there. She dropped Lacey off into her appointed room then was guided into her own where this thought was confirmed. She was definitely going to enjoy this stay.

She closed the door, leaped ibacknfirst onto her full sized queen bed and giggled like a school girl. Lackey was still feeling down and grieving and she felt bad for her friend but that was not going to ruined this moment for her . There was even a flat screen in her room!

After ten minutes of soaking in this new scene gam changed into something more comfortable, a silk night tank top with matching shorts, and a thin bathrobe she had borrowed fr the bathroom. She was board in her room. It was time to explore the rest of the house. Megan wondered through the living room straight to the balcony where their host was lieing back staring up at the stars. She slid the glass door open and stepped outside. "The view is amazing out here." She said ash she walked past him to lean against the railing. "Thanks for letting us stay here." She thanked him. "You know, I never really pegged you as an astronomy buff, do you come out here to stare at the stars a lot?" She asked him curiously.

Alex glanced over lazily at the girl, he seemed unphased to find the girls had finally made it. int truth he was surprised it took them this long to pack and get here, though it didn't seem to have taken the room-mate long to get comfortable, he had to admit, he hadn't expected the ditzy blonde to dress as modestly as she was now, though he appriciated it, last thing he needed was half naked co-eds runnign about, er well rolling about his suite. He himself hadn't changed at all, jsut stripped down a few layers, he still wore his dress slacks, thouigh they were missing a belt, his uit jacket was gone and his shirt was unbuttoned to allow his tank top covered chest to feel the cold night air, he wore no socks or shoes allowign his feet to breaht when ever possible. "It was nothing, if anything it might make this place feel a little more lived in." Alex chuckle dbefore turnign his gaze back to teh stars. "Don't get me wrong, i enjoy my privacy, and the seclusion from the public up here. but large suites liek thsi cna feel pretty empty, and Rosie insists on seperate livign areas. She doesn;t want he media to get any ideas." The man chuckled again at the thought, if only the public knew how his co-foudner treated him, more of a mother than anything else. "Astronomy, no I could not tell you a thing about the stars in that sense, nor about the planets circling them." He added quietly answering her second comment. "astrology on the other hand, the myths and stories that the ancients spoke of, about the mysterious lights that watched over them in the night. That is somethign I can tell you all about." He mused softly, his mind seemign to go off into another world.

After taking in the bright lights of the coty around them Megan's blue eyes turned towards the laid back millionaire. He did not look quite the same as when they had first met. His shirt was unbuttoned and he was missing shoes. He looked much more comfortable and free. He looked even better like this than he did in the presses suit. That was saying something since she did like her men in uniform. His shirt was unbuttoned and spread open to each side. It practically yelled take me off. She laughed lightly on que with him as he spoke of Risie, the stiff woman that had led them to the room. "Yeah I can see her point." She agreed. Then he began talking about the stars. Internally Megan was melting. She was a sucker for guys who showed a passion in something, though quite a few of her exes had passions none spoke like this. He was flawless as if the man had come straight from a movie. "Go on." She encouraged him. She turned to lean her backside against the balcony and become more comfortable. "It has been a while since I have heard a good story."

Alex let out a short snicker as the girl got comfortable, why hadn't he expected this, every time he brought up the stars every one seemed to want to linger around, hear some story to put meaning to the dots even if they themselves did not believe it. He was used to it though, and at least she didn't try and ask her horoscope like many others assumed he knew. "Well..." he began as he looked back up to the sky. " the constilation I was viewing before you came is right up there-" Alex paused to raise a hand and circle in a vague direction, obviously forgetting his point of view was at a much different angle than hers. "Conveniently they are that stars that make up Hercules and the Latin corona borialis, though the Siksika up in Canada have a much different and connecting meaning for the two constillations." at this point Alex looked up and over at the young woman to see if she was still following his words.

Megan looked up where he pointed but the view wasn't as good as where he was laying. She tilted her head to the side and craned her neck up to see the constipation. She thought she had seen what he was talking about but his general motions were hard to pick in the vast night sky. He spoke of hurculea and somethibg she was not familiar with. Still she let him talk without interruption up until he paused and looked to her. Megan pushed off the ledge and grabbed a reclining chair. She drug the metal object close to his until they were side by side and then she payed on hers beside him. As she did so the bottom half of the rob opened letting the cool night air nip at her skin. "So" she adjusted herself to get comfortable in the chair then laid back to point up at the sky. "there?" She asked befor getting back to his story. " what is the meaning for the siksika? " she asked curiously.

It was her rearranging that made Alex realize how inconciderate he ahd been to her, not offering a seat nor realizing their different perspectives, especially as she gestured to a totally different constilation. "No no no, you see these stars here." He added softly rolling on his chair to sllide closer to her, his hand wraping aroudn ehr wrist, raising it slowly to allowe her figners to trace lines between the stars. "this cluster, that the greeks called Hercules, is a web to the Siksika, the blackfoot tribe." He clarified teh name, realizing her failure at pronunciation, he shouldn't have expected as much as he had from her. "the web is a home to him, the spider god." He continued, his head leaning upon her shoulder as he closed one eye , his sight following up her arm as he moved it to trace the a new line between stars. "he sit sup there watching the world, and though I know little of old stories, there is a new one. He is a protector of this world and though, a hunter of the wicked. he can not see all but when his gaze falls upon evil doers his fangs will follow." Alex's voice was soft as if the worlds trailed off into the same world his mind seemed to be as it pulled up this story. "keep your eye on the cluster at night, when it is visible take in acount if the stars in his cluster are bright, if so his eyes are watching you, protecting you, if they are as they are now then he is near but his gaze is else where. And if you can see him int he sky but the lights are dim, beware for he is hiding, on the hunt near you, just hope you have not done something he deems evil." witht he tale ove rhe release dher hand his head wrigglign off ehr shoulder to look up at her, lookign for any recognition that she had understood the story, only to realize how close he ahd gotten. Quickly he roleld away from her and off of the chair. With a huff his bare feet made a soft thud ont eh blacony as he bounced up to stand, brushing off his rump and pul;lign his unbuttoned shirt down to straighten it as best he could, clearign hsi throat before he spoek again. "Anyways where is the young mistress? don't you think you should be looking after her? she jsut lost her father after all, and unless she asked fro space I know she needs a friend by her." his voice shiftign bakc to a more formal tone as he turned to face her, his gaze lookign into the empty enterance room as if to search for the chair bound female.

He rolled closer, his hands took hers to guide her finger from star to star as if she were playing one of those old follow the numbers game in a coloring book. Megan was genuinely interested in what he was saying. Her eyes followed the twinkling stars. The distraction did not come until she felt his head on her shoulders. Her eyes shifted to the side then quickly back up to hide the blush on her cheek. As he continued to speak about some spider god she felt her heart beat a little faster and her cheeks flush a light pink. She was star struck that he was this close to her. Was he hitting on her? She watched him, half listening now until he broke her trance by wiggling off her shoulder. She froze, almost panicing in surprise at how close their faces we're. Kiss me. Kiss me. She thought to herself. Instead he rolled off the other side. Drats.

Megan lifted up onto her elbows and rolled on her side to face him. She looked up at him as he spoke of her roommate. It was such a buzz kill. She sighed shaking her head. "She is in her room resting. She had an early class and it has been a long and eventful day for her. "I'll be there for her first thing in the morning." Megan bent her knees up in the chair, crossing one smooth leg over the other. Her bathrobe slide down her thighs, both showing just how soft her skin was and revealing so much flesh, her short shorts hidden beneath the robe gave the illusion that she was not wearing anything underneath. "Are you really like the man they describe in all the tabloids?" She asked him curiously. "I expected to see at least three busty blonds bouncing around the suite tonight." She indirectly making fun of her own blond self. "You don't really have a girlfriend do you?" She asked.

And that was the question that every conversation boiled down to with girls his age, he haad hated it at first, with his life style he couldn't risk one of them finding out, and he wasn't about to have a black book as thick as the bible with girls names either. by now though he learnt it came witht eh territory, he no longer denied every girl that tried to make a move but he knew he had to be careful, one secret spilled and his whole life could be ruined, not even takign into acoutn what could ahppen to his company, Rosie and all the other workers lively hoods. "Too much traveling, too many gold diggers, pluss I enjoy actual conversations at times, somethign , three busty blondes wouldn't be abel to give me." Alex said with a nonchalont shrug as he turned to admire the girls body, it was obvious what she wanted, and he had to admit he hadn't ahd any for a while now, but still with the heiress asleep int he other room, a day after loosign her father, it jkust felt wrogn for him to make a move as he snapepd hsi gaze bakc over the city. I could say the same about our mutual friend, disability or no, I am surprised she doesn't have a male shoulder to cry on at thsi time." He tried bringign the conversation back to her friend, hoping to cool downt he mood.

Megan shrugged her shoulders. "I thinks she's single for pretty much the same reasons. School keeps her busy most of the time. The boys who can look past her legs usually have their eyes on her wallet." She told him " we have mutual friends who are male but I think she seems to like her solitude lately." Megan flicked her hair over her shoulder. This conversation wasn't really going the way she wanted. He kept bringing it back to her roommate it was almost like he was avoiding her. She couldn't find a good reason why she would. She was a considerably attractive girl. She turned her legs to hang off the side of the chair. "What about wemon who already have money?" She asked him curiously. "There are plenty of educated wemon who has enough money that they do not need yours. Have you tried dating any of them?" She asked him curiously. She stood up and walked towards him she stopped short of an inch from running into him. "Sounds like excuses to me." She stated befor stepping to the side. She slide the glass door open and walked through.

It hurt to see the girl give up, but all he saw was complications with hher. He doubted he would have to suit up in this city, but he wasnt willing to take tbhat risk. Still as she walked passed him the man gave a soft sigh of defeat, he was going to regret this. "what about you... Megan was it? Why are you here in your night wear and not out with a man, or hunting for one at the clubs? You don't seem like the stay at home in your, I would say swear pants but-" Alex cut off, his hand gesturing to the girls lower half as he followed her in, sliding the door closed behind him. "And no offense but you don't seem like the kind of girl to stay home and study either." he added as he walked past her to step into the pit in the middle of the room, bending over the fire place to flip on the gass and spark to light the pile of wood in the middle, the man seemingly adament to not using the space heater and exclusively relying on the heat of the fire place to warm the large room. "You mentioned you would be hear for the young mistress when she awakes, that doesn't mean you have to guard her while she sleeps."

Back
Top Bottom