Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Geos: A Modern Fantasy RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lena noticed the spell. 'Ah, so that's how he hid it.' Now she would look into and begin working for this Helper's Guild. Maybe someday she could look Zeheris in the face and not feel shame. She quietly left her apartment and began selling her things. Once she had sold everything she didn't need, she donated most if the money to an orphanage, before teleporting near the Helper's Guild. Finding the symbol, and all the magic wards around, she felt ready to start anew. And maybe make her life _truly_ worth something.

She looked upon him appraisingly, taking great care to appear as the noble lady he recognized her as. It was with greatly difficult, all this talk of Musashi, being as Knight or Samurai to a Princess... It aroused her greatly, and made it very hard to bat away the fantasies her imagination conjured. His increase in stability and power did not go unnoticed, either. Still, she managed. After all, what would her father think if she bed a man without making the poor man meet said father? She would be signing Sir Lufaine's death warrant, and she simply couldn't have that.

She stares at him for a long moment, then smiles kindly. The smile was dazzling at worst, and at best it seemed to be a smile that would cause even the non-sentient, mundane walls of of a log cabin to fall in love with her. Speaking sofly, she says to him, "Many thanks, Sir Lufaine. I hope you stay with me for a long time." Her face lights up, a pinkish hue taking the cheeks that surrounded the red blush connecting her cheekbones across the bridge of her nose. "Ah! To serve, of course!" she hastily (and unconvicingly) lied.

He blushed a deep red, looking down and away. "I-I am in your care, Milady.." He stammered a bit, still innocent and naive to the ways of romance. He had felt himself fall for her, and his face flushed a deeper crimson.

Fontina hastily stands, brushing off the pants Asura had let her wear out of habit. She (barely) maintained her gaze upon him, fighting the urge to turn away like a smitten schoolgirl. "Well, Sir Lufaine. I believe we should be safe to leave now, don't you?"

He nodded. "Y-yeah.. Anywhere we should drop off?" He stammered, looking around the room a bit, clearly nervous, and a bit tired.

Fontina ponders a moment. It would be good to get her clothes back. Not only were they a gift from her father, they were expensive!
"Drop us off.. wherever you feel is safe. I will be requiring you to fetch the garb I left behind after we are secure."
Also because she was feeling exposed without her undergarments....

He nodded and within moments they were in a secure safe house, with two beds, a panic room, and a small kitchen. Asura slumped to his knees, exhuasted. "Not to self... It's a lot harder to take someone out with you.." He panted, forcing himself back up.

Zeheris was a bit more calm after smashing the faces of recruiters against objects. Now it was time to look into this Helper's Guild. He began traveling across town to get there, taking his time to stop those that were criminals or worse, as usual.

Tsukasa had just returned from finishing another low level, low profile mission with Rookie. That wasn't his name, Tsukasa knew, but ever since he rescued the rookster from a life of slavery, Rookie refused to take a proper name until Tsukasa 'accepted his role as Master.' It made Tsukasa sick how they had twisted this young boy's mind... but he couldn't do much about it. Not immediately, anyway.
As he sent the poor 14 year old off to shower, he sensed an incoming teleport. The passive scans made by the wards immediately informed him. "Ah, that's Miss Lena. I better greet her," he thought. Tsukasa hadn't dressed down yet, but his clothes were clean so he figured it would be all right. Really, that last mission was more to train Rookie than anything else. He moved to sit behind the desk in the back of the room, undoing the magical lock on the door while pulling out some paperwork to do. "Come in!" he called to her, letting her know he was aware of her arrival. That is, if the scans hadn't tipped her off already.

Fontina watched Sir Lufaine pant, aware that his reserves of mana were running low. "Of course they are," she thought, "He is not a caster of any real worth. His strength lies in the sword, not magic. I wonder if he even knows he performed a reverse summon rather than an extraplanar teleport?"
So she follows a perfectly reasonable course of action. She chews him out. From another's prospective, she looked much like a mother scolding a child. Leaning forward with one hand on her waist and the other wagging a finger in Asura's face, brow furrowed and lips frowning, upset with worry. "What was that? Do you even know what you did? You cast a reverse summon.. from another plane of existance!When casting on yourself and another, it is better to use an Extraplanar Teleport, or a Greater Planar Shift spell. The way you did it, however.. you reached across the planes and cast a summon upon us as if you were standing right here. That would normally be impossible, and uses an enormous amount of energy! It would kill even me twice over," she said, her voice winding down and softening near the end. "....Don't do it again," she pleaded.
Stern was the word, and worried was her gaze. She was sincerely hoping she got her point across, even as she pulled out a mana restoration potion from... somewhere behind her?

Lena entered, wearing dark blue robes with dark red runes on them, and dark blue clothes. A black staff covered in purple runes is held in her right hand. A silver ring is on her right ring finger. "I'm here to begin helping as I can." Lena said quietly, having noticed the passive scan. It seemed the wards were far more intricate than standard symbols and wards used by most mages. It showed at least one of this man's magics were in written form. "Tsukasa, is it? That is the name of the Helper's Guild front man. I assume you're that man?" He hadn't mentioned it in their brief talk earlier, and she'd still been too... at sea emotionally to realize that.

He nodded weakly, looking up at her. "I don't have any magical training... So I just use what I already 'know'. Wind magic to propel myself or knock people back, that 'reverse summoning' thing, and some other stuff.." He said, not letting on his other abilities, or his ability to recover even lost limbs, lest they had some form of tracker on her.

Tsukasa smiled. He always did like underlings- minion- employees with inititive. He continued to write as he spoke. "I am. And if you gain my trust you'll get to meet the back man, too. Feel free to look around this floor for a bit. Once Rookie gets out of the shower we'll be heading out on a new mission. Consider it your entry exam."

The room they were in was... nice. A rich hardwood floor with a large oval doormat, a white piano just to the right of the entrance, placed facing the large storefront window. A sitting area was opposite it, two comfortable looking couches along the left wall and one in the corner on the same wall as the entrance. Separated by an end table in the corner and another between the two leftwall seats, a small space from the cornertable to the first leftwall couch allows a maple coffee table to fit in front of each sitting piece.
To the right of the sitting area is a large sign with a few papers tacked to the corkboard right half, which was labeled 'Jobs'. The left was made of Mythril, with 'The Rules' engraved in gold at the top. In similar gold script, the guild's rules were detailed below, ending with the guild symbol and the words "With only one life, we have to make the most of things. So let us smile, and bring smiles to the good folk around us," quoted at the bottom.
The back wall had two sets of stairs that faced each other, both leading to the second floor hallway that was overlooking the first. There was a door on the side of each case of stairs and one in between, right behind the black walnut desk that Tsukasa sat at. The room was lit by both magical and mundane means, although the magic ones were disguised as wall mounted lightbulbs. A trio of ceiling fans were centered on the circular rug in the middle of the room, which just so happened to be a mere foot away from the desk. The fans hummed lightly, stirring the humid air to prevent stuffiness as the attached electrical lights shined down.

Fontina kneeled down with the mana vial, bringing herself to eye level with Asura as she offered it to him. "Here, drink this," she said, far more subdued than during her worried rant.

Lena nods. Seemed reasonable enough. She wondered who this 'Rookie' was. She went and read the rules, before quietly centering herself, while reaching out with her senses to pick up the magic of the place.

Zeheris was mildly impressed. This Helper's Guild was a tough nut to crack. The only reason he'd gotten as far as he did was experience and Oraumbrae. Apparently this Tsukasa, it had his distinctive feel, was knowledgeable about a rare set of symbols and wards. A colleage had called it 'Fuinjutsu'. The passive scans had been fooled by Oraumbrae, but he had to dodge the active scans, of which there were many. It had been rather vigorous, he had actually had to use ki to boost his already high speed to extreme levels, where there was practically nothing that could catch him. But an active scan that he had recently felt was coming towards him. He dodged it as he wondered 'What is _she_ doing here?'

Tsukasa let out his own scan, as he did at regular intervals. It was his own special one, a piercing pulse that hit everything within his desired radius. Sometimes he added an actual deep scan, like back at the road house, but he usually only looked for magic, psionics, ki, and the physical features of an object. Tsukasa almost went back to work, seeing as it didn't pick up anything besides himself, Lena, and Rookie. Then he realized that there was a pocket of vaccuum in his scan. An empty space, humaniod, moving... an intruder. Tsukasa teleports up, 15 feet ahead of the unknown person, preparing his Voice for combat.

That last scan impressed Zeheris. If it wasn't for Oraumbrae, he'd... thought too soon. Tsukasa teleported in, readying a blast of dragon magic. He did _not_ want to take that point blank, so... "Nice defenses. Could work a little on the east side though. Missed an animal hole, and it allows entry besides the front or windows, which _are_ some of the best I've seen." Zeheris said casually, as if it wasn't about to possibly turn into a brawl.

Tsukasa watched Zeheris warily, his body still tense and his Voice ready to fire at a moment's notice. After all, last time someone had broken in like this, he'd had to kill the fool for trying something with the twins... crazy stalker bastard. The time before that it was assassins. And the time before that. And the time...
He hoped desperately he wouldn't have to fight Zeheris. He had just repainted the walls. Tsukasa made mental note to find the animal hole after this, regardless.
"I'll keep that in mind. Speaking of minds, do you mind telling me what you're doing sneaking in?" he asked conversationaly. Oh, founded suspictions may have gotten him far in life, certainly, but... he prefered a willing confession. He broke less things trying to get answers that way.

"Wanted to see how hard it was." Zeheris replied. It had been quite the challenge. And he got caught _before_ he'd deliberately announced himself. It was good to know. "I'm not willing to trust a place that is easy to get into with... acquitances." He deliberately left out where these acquitances might come from. He was sure if Tsukasa was the real thing with this Helping Guild, he'd know. Slaves, kidnap victims, etc. Not a pretty picture, and he wasn't going to let them get sucked back into what he pulled them out of, if he could help it.

He nodded and drank it slowly, a tint red from embarrassment.

Tsukasa looked slightly confused for a moment. Acquaintences? Why would-
And suddenly he realized that Zeheris didn't mean aquaintences. Not really. He meant victims. Tsukasa's eyes narrowed at the thought of it. Tsukasa turned his back and nodded, satisfied with Zeheris' reason. That didn't mean he dropped his magic, though. Just in case. Who knew who else had picked up that scanning trick and had followed the Guardian? "Need anything else?" he asked, hoping to get on with the last mission of the day.

"Just wanted to tell you that the secretary of AC Corp vanished a little bit ago, broken bathroom window and blood. Not her blood though. Thought you'd want to know. And be careful with the lady up there." Zeheris gestures with his head in Lena's direction through the walls. "She's high maintenance." It was the only judgement he'd make against her, despite the campaign she'd ran on Geoffrey's reputation while they had been in school. She hadn't touched Zeheris personally, but it made it hard for Geoffrey to join clubs and groups. His ambition to be high school class president had been demolished well before junior year.

Fontina sat, legs folded to the side as she watched Lufaine drink the vial and his mental fatigue vanish. Once he was fully restored, she laid her hand gently on his. "Will you please go get my clothes now? They were a gift from my father," she says kindly.

He nodded as a strong wind filled the room, left, and entered a few moments later, with a slightly winded Asura, though he quickly regained his composure, presenting her clothes to her in a few suitcases. "Here you are, Milady."

Tsukasa's eyes narrowed further. If that Asura punk let a single hair on her head be harmed... Tsukasa knew that the two had, at the very least, gotten away alive. That was the only thing that kept him from letting out any sign that he was already connected to AC Corp.
"I see. Thank you for the information. As far as our members go.. I take it you know Lena? Nevermind, it doesn't matter. If she can't follow 'The Rules,' she's out. Plain and simple."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom