Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Geos: A Modern Fantasy RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asura noticed his movements were more fluid, more refined. Fontina confirmed it with her strong, gentle, and knowing eyes. She got straight to the point.
"I will be in town for the next fourteen days for trade negotiations. During that time, your main duty will be to guard me from attack outside these walls. I will be spending much time here, and you may sleep during the day during that time. However, I need you standing guard at my bedside through the night. Everything else... As long as you don't make a mess, I leave it to your discretion."

He nodded softly and smiled. "Have you eaten? I can cook, to a degree.." He offered, remaining formal, but trying to bridge a certain amount of kindness between them.

He blushed a bit at the 'Sir', and shook his head a little. "My palette probably isn't as refined as yours, so I'll take requests." He spoke kindly. "I honestly perfer the simple meals myself... would you like pasta, or a burger? Or something more accommodating to your status?"

She moved to the bed, her grace and poise obvious to anyone with at least three brain cells. Her refined voice was gentle, a stark contrast to how she had been threatening to slit his throat but minutes ago. Her smile... "A light pasta with alfredo and a garden salad will do nicely, thank you." Her smile was radiant, fitting of a crowned princess sitting on her throne.

He nodded and prepared it quickly, adding a few spices he found mixed well with the alfredo along the way. He served it to her with a bow and smiled. "There you are, my liege."

When Asura came back from the kitchen, Fontina was sitting on the bed with a book in hand. The title was in a language he couldn't read, and the runes on the hard cover looked horribly complicated. She sets her book aside on the nightstand when she sees the food, taking the serving tray with a small nod and placing it on her lap. She proceeds to eat in silence, her proper way of eating only furthering her image of nobility.

He nodded and stood at the door, revealing his blade in the form of Excalibur, then Gae bolg, an axe, Gram, and various other forms. "Milady Fontina.. May I ask you something? I know we just met... But I make a point to ask people this... You don't have to answer."

Tsukasa had left mere minutes ago, having had stopped to chat up some of the usual crowd. Information is power, after all, and few had more information at his fingertips than he. He was now leaving through the south gate. Discreetly, of course. There would be no record of him coming or going.
"I'm slightly worried," he mentally admitted to himself. "Fontina always did have a thing for knights and samurai. Hrm... don't know whether I should punch myself or pat myself on the back for sending her just the kind of guy she likes. ... Hopefully she'll be able to keep her head in the game during negotiations."

The rain pitter-pattered on his head lighter than the surrounding area, he knew. "She's such a good girl," he thought to himself, a fond smile on his lips.

Fontina set down her fork, her attention drawn to Sir Lufaine. "You may. Please, proceed," she said, her curiousity only showing through her eyes.

Asura looked at her, a bit red. "What do you want most from this life, more than anything? Give me your honest answer, and nothing else, please." He continued his soft pace, unsure with what she would answer. "Would you prefer I answer first?"

Zeheris was in the midst of smashing a Mafia member's face into a car. Nothing like busting a robbery to make one feel good. He hadn't even needed to draw a weapon yet. Just a bunch of thugs against a supernatural martial artist. He'd seen them from the roof as they began to exit a jewelry store, and leapt down to say hi. A couple dozen bullets were sent his way, but they just stopped from either Oranexus, or his ki deflecting them. He Sudden Leaped into them, and then an Adamantine Hurricane stacked with Perfect Clarity put most of them on the hound unconscious. He was getting some information from this one though. "Where's Ortel Farber hiding?" Ortel was Kunrat's lieutenant when it came to armed robbery. "Fuck you!" the thug said through the broken nose. A Mountain Hammer to the face blacked the thug's eye. "Now I'm being nice. You get sent to dream land when you tell me where Ortel is. Otherwise I play mean." A fist drawn back to strike his gut, and the thug started babbling. "He's at the Rometo Hotel. He's waiting for a shipment of merchandise to be brought into Solitum. He and some boys are gonna grab it when it hits town." "Good." Zeheris then knocked the thug out. He'd have to look into the Helping Guild later.

Fontina's brows raised. She had not been expecting this. Still, she knew her priorities. "At this point in my life, first and foremost I live to please my father. Second, I wish to catalogue every living creature in the world, and provide a comprehensive bestiary for libraries everywhere. Third comes my duty as the Maiden of Water. I must always hone my magical ability. Finally, I would like to find love and marry someday, but it is not an interest I am actively persuing. Should it come as I better myself and the world around me, I would take it. Provided it does not interfere with my other goals, that is," she informs Lufaine. Her tone was resolute and matter-of-fact, as "this is the path I have chosen and none shall shake my direction to another" as one could imagine.

Zeheris began his journey to the Rometo, on the south side of town. Ortel was a brute, with a reliance on simple planning and brute force. So he'd probably have the place packed with goons. Lovely. He did _not_ want a firefight that hurt innocents. So he'd have to see what floor Ortel was on, and scale the outside.

He nodded and bowed lightly, sitting down in a chair by the door as he looked through the hole in his suit, still a bit embarrassed about it. Some people in the world of the wealthy were judged by the 'quality' of their vassals, and he knew that.

Zeheris reached the Rometo after an hour of roof jumping at max speed. He shifted his clothes, and then slipped in, looking like a technician. While he did fix problems, he also found where Ortel was rooming. 15th floor. He slipped out again, shifted his clothes, and began climbing up the wall.

Asura's instincts said something was... off about the hole, however, even though he didn't see anything.
With a wave of her hand, Fontina levetates one of the room's chairs to sit against the wall across from the foot of her bed. "And what might your goals in this life be, Sir Lufaine?" she asks politely.

"I.. I want two things.. A liege to protect and stand by, and a woman and family beside me..." He looked away. "Though I understand this job leaves little room for the latter."

Fontina smiles kindly at him, saying, "You are a good man," then going back to her meal, signifying the end of the conversation. Her smile, however, does not fade.

"Thank you, Milady.." He replied and looked at the hole, the strange feeling having not faded.

Zeheris reached the 15th floor, and quietly slipped in. Now, Ortel's was room number... Ah, 1523. Zeheris slipped outside again and jumped from balcony to balcony until he reached Ortel's room. Without a sound, he slipped into the room and waited until Ortel entered. They were going to have a nice, quiet chat.

Tsukasa could see it now. Those damn kobolds were crawling all over the friggin' place. If any travellers saw this it'd cause a huge panic. Fortunately, he had just the thing...

Whipping out his Bokken, he moved it to a rifle firing stance, the wooden blade seeming to fade into an Izhmash SVD as it moved. A Dragunov would have no problem whatsoever popping those kobold's heads like grapes. 1.. 2.. 3.. 4... For every kill shot he landed, a burst of icy shrapnel killed at least 3 more. With Tsukasa being the Master Sniper he is, every shot was a kill shot. In less than a minute, every kobold on the pass was dead. In less than an hour, every kobold corpse had disappeared.

Zeheris watched as Ortel came in, after laughing with a thug. Zeheris waited until Ortel was finished checking the room, had locked the door, and then turned on the tv and taking off the 'monkey suit'. Zeheris then quietly faded into view, a Antimagic Field erected while holding Orasolis to Ortel's neck. "I want information. You have it. One way or another you're going to give it."

"Will you be going to bed soon?" He asked softly after she had finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom