Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Geos: A Modern Fantasy RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asura simply turned to a waitress and kindly asked to make his order, getting a huge burger, fries, and a shake.

"Well Asura, if you're looking for work, I may have some for you. Granted, 25% of your pay will go to my guild for getting you the job, should you accept one. I know that sounds like a lot out of your paycheck, but we only take jobs that help people. That kind of business... it isn't in high demand right now," Tsukasa says before turning back to his burger and taking another bite out of it. He continuess. "If our fame could be brought up, we could lower our prices and help more people, pay our own more. Reduce our reduction from non-member's pay as well."

He looked at him and sighed. "I just want to be able to stand by and protect someone of good character and heart. I don't need much in material gain." His voice was that of a modern day knight, in search of a king. "You can keep your funds. All I need is a employer, battles, and maybe a good woman by my side."

"I suppose I can see if some people I know are interested." Zeheris said. He didn't mind helping this Helping Guild, but any money he wanted or needed he took from criminals. Some more contacts would be good, he supposed. And maybe with some coordinated efforts, from people who knew what they're doing, he would finally catch Kunrat. And give him what he deserves.

Tsukasa looks at him, blinking and dumbfounded. Then he chuckles. The chuckle turns into a full blown belly laugh, Tsukasa's head thrown back and his body bobbing from the force of his merrymaking outburst. He quickly calms down however, clasping Asura heartily on the back with a wide grin on his face. "You're a good man. If I were a king, I know I'd definitely be trying to get you in my service."
Tsukasa's face turns thoughtful as thinks about what he just said for a moment. Then he smiles wider. "Okay, so I have a deal for you. You know of Abion Charls Corp, right? That huge gaming company for the mundanes? Well, the big boss of the place apparently only works through his secretary lady, who is powerful in her own right," he quickly explains, mostly to Asura. Tsukasa's voice drops back to an almost whisper. "The guy wants one or two of my people to go protect her while she's in town, since things are pretty dangerous around here. What with the mob considering the Corperation a potential business rival and all. Whaddya say? There's bound to battle, a hot chick, and, if you do well, a chance to be hired by one of the richest men around. He might even be kingly!"
Tsukasa didn't actually expect him to take the job. Too many 'mights,' not enough 'certainty.' But on the other hand... Asura was a warrior, with a super knight and a super samurai in his very soul. A chance to clash with the empire's big bad? It might just be too tempting to pass up. And the Guardian? There was no way he would pass up the opportunity to smash some of Kunrat's men. Well, either way, his 'dare' was on the table. Time to see if they played ball....

"Pay for my meal and you've got a deal." He said simply. To him, there weren't many certainties in life, so he might as well take the chance. "Just take me to my new client. I hope she wasn't expecting a magic tank though." He smiled softly, waiting patiently for his food to come. When it finally came, he made a small prayer, and started eating.

"And yourself? Will you be one of the one's guarding her?" Zeheris would keep an eye out, when he wasn't patrolling. Albion Corp. was a relatively new player, and Kunrat had been desperate, business-wise, to bring it down or get his hooks in. With the head secretary, the only known person to have seen the CEO, in town, Kunrat would probably try harder, and target the woman, one way or another. Zeheris's own meal came, and he ate quickly, but politely.

"Done," Tsukasa said with a nod and a smile. He was certain that Asura would compliment the Secretary's rumored skills nicely. "I'll give you the info after we leave, okay?"
He addresses Zeheris next, a displeased frown on his face. "No. I want to, but the Emperor himself hired us to take out a crapton of Kobolds blocking the south road. Discreetly. Not going to get any fame from this one, but... can't really deny the Emperor business, especially when it helps people."
He knew Zeheris would likely help the lady either way, since, well... this was big. Kunrat wouldn't show up himself, but he would pour major resources into this. He wanted AC Corp gone.

Asura finished his meal and wiped his mouth with a napkin, making sure he was presentable. he noticed the bullet hole in his suit and sighed. "If only it healed my clothing too, eh?" He chuckled. "I hope she won't mind." He finished as he lifted the invisible blade carefully onto the table so it wouldn't disturb any of the other items on it, studying it a bit, wondering if he would get in trouble with the woman for having it. Speaking bluntly, he could just absorb it, as it was technically a part of him, but you could never be sure.

Zeheris nodded. Emperor Matteo was a good man, and the kobolds had built up numbers over the spring. The Emperor liked to keep the roads as clear as possible, without resorting to military action. He didn't like to seem heavy-handed. Zeheris had met him once, when Zeheris had blown out every window in Quantis Tower, the Emperor's home. He had been fighting a balor that was working it's way into the emperor's political allies. Zeheris had followed it into it's office, and fought it once they were alone. Dracosalus had been the balor's weapon of choice while in human disguise. The meeting had gone surprisingly well, for one between Emperor and vigilante.

Tsukasa nodded at the invisable sword. "She probably won't mind, as long as you tell her the password," he commented, waving over the server to pay for the meal. "I'll tell you in a sec, when others can't hear." The extra intonation was easy to hear. The dragon magic that was in the words covered it up from eavesdroppers, fortunately.

Zeheris was a little leery of how easily this Tsukasa used dragon magic. While he had seemed sincere, and his gut said Tsukasa was, someone who could casually use ancient magic like that was someone to watch. Masters of unusual magic always were. Zeheris stands up, leaving cash for his food and tip on the table in an unseen movement. "Where would one enquire about this Helping Guild?" Zeheris could let some people know, help this guild's numbers. Plus, he'd infiltrate it as a test of it's defenses, and tell Tsukasa how to get ahold of him if Tsukasa needed to.

Tsukasa's dragon magic touched the next words he spoke so that only these two could hear him. However, they heard entirely different things.. at the same time. "Fontina'll be in the Swandive hotel, room 442. Blue-black hair, glasses. She'll discreetly pull a weapon on you and ask you to disarm yourself. The password is _one second, let me finish level 37._ If you don't answer correctly... well, she's tough," Asura heard.
Zeheris, on the other hand... "Center of the commerce district. It'll be the two-story house that has a heart symbol and wings engraved into the door. (http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/8c5ad5ae70ad8bc7a4874bbecdeea10f/http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z277/Negima_Ten/Kingdom%20Hearts/Kingdom_Hearts_2_Symbol.jpg minus the crown.) If you can't find it, check the guild registry at the Registars office near Quantis Tower. Guild ID 12-96a4258-b31n90."
What everyone else in the bar heard? "Hey, I'm paying for this guy here's meal. Keep the change," as he dropped enough to cover their meals and a 20% tipping.

In mere seconds Asura was already long gone, and quickly made it to room 442 of the Swandive hotel. He took a deep breath, knowing she'd pull something on him, but also knowing he should just let it happen and say the password.

Zeheris nodded to Tsukasa and left, noting that Asura had used that slightly sloppy wind magic again. He calmly walked out, and then slipped into an unoccupied alley. When he came out of it on the roof of a building after bouncing up the walls, he was in his usual attire. It was still raining, so he still wore Oraumbrae as a cloak. It was time for a skywatch, followed by busting another recruitment drive. Then he'd look into the Helping Guild. He didn't know what Tsukasa had said to Asura, but he'd noticed the way the dragon magic had split Tsukasa's speech threeways. It was rather fascinating.

The instant Asura finished his breath, he felt a swordtip pressed against his throat, although he couldn't see it from where he was. It was probably thin and being held from behind him... or there was an Illusion in place. Fontina spoke quietly into his ear. "Drop all your weapons, knave, or you will die this day." She sounded... scary. Well, for anyone who wasn't used to death threats from people who could definitely carry them out.

"one second, let me finish level 37." He sighed, though he absorbed his blade into his body. "Your skills are quite refined, milady"

It turned out that Fontina was behind him. She retracted her blade from his neck and stepped off to the side that he could see her. There was no sign of the sword.
"Well met, Sir Knight. I apologize for the roughness," she said royally, taking a small courtsy as she did.

He turned to her and got on one knee, his head down, and an arm lying on his outstretched knee. "I am your knight until you see fit- I shall be your sword and shield, as well as anything else you may so desire, my liege."

"Asura Lufaine, I have no title as of yet, though I shall protect you until my last breath." He swore passionately, his invisible blade 'reappearing' in his right hand.

Fontina raised her hands to chest level and, with a momentary whirlwind of magic, summoned the Sacred Sword of Water flat on her hands. Her sword. She took it in hand and place the flat of the blade on his shoulder.
"O sacred Sword of Water, this brave soul vows in the name of the Water Spirits, of mortals, and of the heavens to walk with you as long as he draws breath in our service. Trickle, Stream, River, Flood!"
Asura felt a powerful enchantment upon placed upon himself. He was... different, odd... but better for it. He could tell.
Fontina raised her blade from him, her regal presence obvious. "Rise, Asura Lufaine, Probationary Knight of House Aqaelie."

He rose slowly but with strength, his eyes meeting hers with dignity, respect, and kindness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom