Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Geos: A Modern Fantasy RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Geos, on Quedom, in Solitum...

Zeheris stumbled into one of his hideouts after a long night of patrol. He'd have to clean his clothes of blood. Again. He sealed the doors, making the small nondescript building disappear from mundane eyes, and the doors constantly shift to a supernatural eye that wasn't highly skilled. Being a 'hero' had it's perks of friends in strange places. He'd never be able to cast the spells that kept this hideout safe. Zeheris just hoped that the woman who kept this place for him wasn't around, for he was too tired to deal with her, and she could be very... amorous. He'd saved her life, and she wanted to repay him anyway she could, so he'd asked to set up a place to hide out in. Zeheris hadn't noticed the look in her eye, and didn't realize how she took it, until he'd walked into it one day after she said it was ready... and found a romantic getaway. That was _not_ what he meant! So they'd had a talk. Through tears and guilt, she talked him into having a sexual relationship with her. And it had been... enlightening. But he wasn't dating her, and he'd made that clear. She'd accepted, but there were times when he thought she wanted more of him. More than he was ready to give. He had other hideouts, other friends if she pushed too hard, so she hadn't yet. And he didn't want to lose her. Every friend he had was precious to him, and she was certainly his friend. Zeheris just wasn't ready for another commitment than the one he'd had since...

The vow to protect the innocent, defend the weak, and stop evil. To keep fighting as long and hard as he could.

Zeheris tossed his clothes into a specific hamper in the hideout as he got ready to shower. That horned devil had got him pretty well across the arm. And that werewolf gangster had sliced a nice groove into his chest. Zeheris stepped into the shower, ignoring the pain from his wounds. It felt relaxing to let the warm water wash away the night's collection of blood and dirt. After 20 minutes, he got out and dried off, then pulled his clothes out of the hamper, fresh and cleaned. He put them back on, and then fell asleep atop the bed there for his, sometimes their, use.

Zeheris woke 4 hours later, ready to go back out. Apparently, she wasn't here. Good. Picking up his sword and gun on the way out, he headed uptown. It started raining since he'd slept, so wearing a cloak would be fine. No need for Oraumbrae to shift then. He walked down the busy streets, eyeing the alleys for anything suspicious, anything he'd have to get involved in...
There. Someone was planning on using magic on that woman. College student, if he was guessing right. And she went. Straight from minding her business with her cell phone to walking down the alley, unnoticing of the magic Zeheris could clearly see. He moved, calmly at first, but in the alley and out of sight he blurred just as the being reached for her. A smooth draw and a bullet flew through the air, hitting the being in the arm.

A young man in a black suit grabbed the girl quickly and started to run. To Zeheris' well-trained eyes, he could see a faint magic glow from him, but it was almost indeterminable as to what it was. "Let's get out of here." He said quickly, jumping and scaling a wall effortlessly with the girl in his arms. "Are you alright, Ma'am?"

"I'm fine, Thank you. What just happened?" Zeheris tuned out anything else. Guy seemed alright, and it was abjuration magic he was giving off, so obviously he was protected. His own items didn't come off as magic, unless someone _really_ skilled looked at them, thanks to a magic damping aura on them. He blurred forward, pulling Orasolis out and slicing into the being in front. The form of a man wavered then dissipated, revealing the ice demon underneath. It screeched in pain as fire and lightning raced into it through the blade, allowing Zeheris to strike again. And he did, with a blurring bounce off the wall into a Feral Death Blow, the demon in front of him died. Zeheris slipped away into the streets again. Looking for more people to save, and evil to fight.

Asura let the girl down after a brief moment after ensureing she was safe, then quickly followed the man.

Zeheris kept one eye out for any more things to deal with, while another on the man following him. It seemed more than just abjuration magic on him, but he couldn't tell for certain. It seemed conjuration as well, but... There. He knew that man, a drug dealer for Kunrat Achen. With the guy following him, it would have to be quick and public. He'd prefer to beat the dealer senseless until he'd got every detail out of him, but circumstances... He calmly started down the alley, then blurred again as soon as he could. Nothing he knew of could keep up with him when moving this fast. Wasn't good for much combat, but... A jumpkick to the face of the dealer, a smooth grab of his coat, and a quick tossing right into the police car. After dragging him to the closest one through the air at speeds that made traffic seem useless, so that nothing could keep up. Then he'd wait in the shadows. Watch the spectacle of the drug dealer getting caught. And see if the man from earlier was still following.

He was met with a strange glare from the young man, who seemed to have accelerated using some deviation of wind-based magic. "Care to tell me what are you doing?" Asura whispered, his glare cold. It was soon obvious that this boy wasn't normal in any sense. a faint magic could be seen by Zeheris in the form of an ever changing blade. "You don't seem to be inhuman... What's the issue here?" He continued, confused. despite his young age, he gave off the feel of a seasoned fighter. Some sort of bodyguard or mercenary perhaps?

So the man had followed. Young, late teenager with dirty blonde hair, blue eyes. Highly skilled with that nigh invisible sword of his, if Zeheris's guess was right. But he wasn't _nearly_ as skilled in magic. Just stuff that buffed him, if that relatively sloppy wind magic was an indication of the man's magical ability. He'd pushed far harder than someone, with magic Zeheris would worry about, needed to. And Zeheris hadn't used magic to move, as it had been a test. "I hunt trouble. I found some. Demon hypnotizing students means I kill it." Zeheris wasn't worried. He knew he could fight even with that sword already in the man's hand. If it came to worst case, he'd simply get away. "The other guy was a drug dealer, fresh out of prison."

"Ah... Interesting, I admit..." He paced a bit, turning to look him in the eye. "Tell me, are you hiding from something,or someone? I don't usually trust men, but if you need a bodyguard, or know someone who does, I'm happy to oblige.."

Didn't trust men, huh? Oh well. Not his problem. "I suppose you could say I'm hiding, but I don't need a bodyguard. Can't say I know someone who does need one. Could always ask the celebrities." After that Zeheris walked back into the streets. Enough time had passed that the cops wouldn't be suspicious of people walking away instead of gawking. And if they were, one glance at his sword was enough for them to turn around. The police knew it was pointless to try and contain him. If the man wanted to keep talking, he'd follow.

He sighed and followed. "Fine, I'll bite. Most of the celebrities are mundane these days. toting around a sword, visible or not, is odd, and you know it. My clientele is limited because they don't believe what I say I can do on paper."

"Ah." Zeheris said. That would be a problem. "Tried a dojo?" He knew of several who would have enjoyed having the young man around to at least spar with, if not have him teach.

"Tried it... It didn't work well with me... I couldn't enjoy my work... especially when someone used a technique I showed them to assault a police officer." He growled. "Perhaps I'm being too picky... I suppose I could try to be a bartender until a jobs shows up.." He looked up and sighed. "What do you do for food and a roof?"

"So you're a vigilante then?" He stated softly. "I'm sure you steal plenty of hearts on the way, too. It's a good job, in that everyplace needs one, whether they know it or not. But... I'm not sure that life is for me."

"Never know til you try. And I don't try to steal hearts." Zeheris said. His focus shifted, looking at a man that gave off magic. Transmutation. He'd have to watch him.

"Asura, By the way." He stated simply, unable to detect magic, but instead having strong, tuned instincts. "what is it?"

"Zeheris. The man in the green suit." He said, not caring if his reputation was known. The man eating in the homecooking diner didn't look familiar, but that was too easy to hide with transmutation. So... True seeing. He did know that face. Good old Kunrat, Zeheris thought darkly. Too many trained guns, and Kunrat's own skill with magic assured that only a bullet point blank would kill him at the moment. He'd guard anything else.

Asura red his face, walking over casually to the man. "This seat taken? This is a seat yourself restaurant, right?" He smiled genuinely. "you smell like a mercenary," he spoke softly, so the other patrons wouldn't hear.

The man stared at Asura. A common mercenary, him? He _ran_ this city. His only thorn that 'Guardian of Hope', Zeheris. "I'm afraid you're mistaken. I am no mercenary." His guards got itchy, but he signaled them not to.

Zeheris almost shook his head at Asura's foolishness. Now he might have to intervene. That would cause a magical battle in public. That would be bad for Kunrat. Maybe he should stop by... Say hello.

"You see, I'm... looking for a job. I'm a bodyguard by trade.. I assume that idiot with the trigger finger is your guard? lunch says I can take him down easy. Not even asking for the job yet, just giving you something to think about. How about it. We'll go find a place away from people. Not that you have money problems, I can tell." He chuckled a bit.

Zeheris almost sighed. This wouldn't end well. Kunrat would...

"I see." And he did. This was obviously an assassination attempt. As he wondered which one of his lieutenants had betrayed him, he gestured with a hand, and a beam shot towards Asura, as guards lifted guns to fire. Kunrat was depressed that he couldn't use this guise again.

Zeheris was already moving. He felt the magic beginning to spike. Kunrat could tell Asura wasn't as good with magic as well, and attacked him with it. His cloak would hide him from the public just as much as it would reveal the truth, so he only hoped Asura could dodge in time. He'd be busy taking care of the guards to lessen collateral damage.

Asura smiled as his blade became visible, revealing excalibur and it's seathe, in all it's glory. The magic was rebuffed, and he used blinding speed to knock back the bullets, several deflected into the gunmen's own skulls, one getting him in his shoulder, though the wound would heal quickly and he knew it. He tackled the man to the ground, the sword changing form to a Usp.45 handgun, pressed to the man's forehead. "You should have just bought me lunch."

"Hmm." The man dissipated into gas, and flowed around Asura, reintegrating with a ball of acid already springing from his hand.

Zeheris leapt into the midst. An Adanantine Hurricane dealt with the remaining guards. Now he turned to Kunrat. He only hoped this wasn't a repeat of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom