Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Girl, there's a demon for everything! {Vitae and Suuns}

Eirlys Vitae

Planetoid
Kavita lit the last of the candles that were put in a circle around her. A pentagram laid in front of her, and she grabbed a pedant of Ankh on her neck, pulling it to break a chain, and laid it in the middle of the drawing. All was set and the ritual she's been planning for a few long months now, was about to be performed. Woman felt how fast her heart was beating, as two demons - curiosity and fear - were tearing it apart. It could be a key for all the secrets, for all the questions she ever had. It was Kavita's recent life leading her to take such a desperate step - a sudden inability to play violin, mysterious sickness and death of her mother, cats hissing at her presence... She knew that the answer remained at the world of spirits, the one she's visited so many times before and was sure nothing will could go wrong this once.

From earl childhood Kavita wasn't like the other children - she always had imaginary friends, vivid dreams that she claimed to control, and a strong sense of something bad coming her way... However while growing up her odds didn't disappear - no, they became only sharper, only stronger. Her, now dead, mother spent many nights crying for her, praying god to rescue her soul, but all was in vain - Kavita didn't seem to belong to this world. Until there appeared to be a psychologist who claimed to know a good way how to get rid of those abnormal habits and sick imagination - the girl was nine back then. She shivered at the memories, unconsciously rubbing her wrists - those were experiments, not exact treatment. For three years she was locked up, tested, tortured and even sexually abused not by the semi-psychologist, but a whole bunch of people in white gowns. And from there the phobia for doctors came... Once a month her mother was visiting Kavita in the nice room with warm yellow walls, filled with toys - those were her favorite days, even if she hardly remembered them due being strongly drugged so she couldn't tell what was going on really. And once her mother was gone, Kavita was returning back to senses in the same cold cellar, her hands cuffed together. One thing the villain was right about - it did kill the paranormal traits of hers.

The further life of Kavita wasn't easy, too. She was forced to change school, and rumors endlessly followed her, as her skills were previously well know. Secretly, already teen, dreamed of becoming the way everyone thought of her - at least she'd be given a chance to escape to her dreams... But no miracle happened, until Kavita began getting depressed of losing all of what she's possessed. Herself she's began training her mind, trying to remember of how she performed various things previously - internet and books helped here a lot, even if sorting which methods were real was taking a fair amount of time. By her eighteen years, in a complete secret, Kavita reached the level of what she used to be before - though she could never feel as perfect as then, since her skills were no longer natural, but a result of desperate hours spent in attempt to perfect herself. But even once her goal was reached, Kavita refused to stop - she kept going further and further, willing to develop what was taken away from her - she's learned how to summon spirits and communicated with them, often collecting a fair amount of knowledge, though some weren't to talkative.

With a deep sigh, on a layer of sand that was behind pentagram, Kavita traced a couple of runes with her index finger, then sitting up back straight and raising both of her hands.
"Spiritu sancto, planto vestri aspectus! Revelare me absconditis tuis, fac, mortales volare vobiscum. Vide dolor mundum peccatores ad terram, et libera me de scientia participare dubia timores. Vide quanto asperitatum lavit faciem meam, numerare rugis tempus cicatricum refertam super me. Miseremini mei, sentire impium pro relinquentes me post ... Veni, et salva me nunc!"

All the light candles were giving vanished as the last word left her lips. Kavita attempted to smile, but the tense was too strong - each time she feared to summon something she didn't wish to see and won't be able to get rid of. And even for the most experienced summoners it wasn't a rare thing to happen. She felt a presence of someone very powerful here, someone who couldn't be sent back so easily, and fear was slowly starting to possess her mind. She didn't move, trying to breathe as silently as she could, almost expecting for something loud and terrible to happen now - and this waiting was the most suffocating thing in this situation.

Lucifer, Mephisto, The Fallen One, Azazel, Iblis, Shaitan, Satan or just the Devil were just a few of the things he was called through the ages of men. Not only did his name change as the cultures changed, so did his appearance. He had seen dozens of paintings and drawings of him and not one was the same. And best off all, none had been accurate since they all portrait him as some sort of demon or monster. Off course this was the way he liked it. Because of that, no human had any idea that he was walking amongst them, looking just the same as they did. Without realizing it, they were telling him their desires and wishes and thus selling their souls to him as he made their wishes come true. It was the perfect system for him.

Though the souls he was collecting weren’t worth much since they all were so easily corrupted. He wanted one that had more meaning, one that God would describe as one of those perfect souls. And it seemed he finally found one of those. His helpers has reported that a certain someone had been out and contacting them, asking them questions. As soon as he heard about it, he couldn’t help but smile. It seemed someone was to curious for their own good, not realizing on what turf they were going. So the last few sessions, he sat outside her apartment and watched as she talked to one of his spirits. While watching her, he had to admit, not only was her soul perfect, she also looked really beautiful.

This made him make up his mind, next time she tried to summon one of his spirits, he would go instead. So he patiently waited until the next summoning. And as she started her incantation, he prepared to reveal himself. Thinking about it, he decided to go for a more grand entrance. So when the candles went out, he snapped his fingers. A loud bang together with a huge flash of flames appeared at the center of the circle. While the smoke disappeared from the flash, he was standing there in the middle of the room. He looked perfectly human and was smiling widely at the girl. Then he stepped forward, took hold of her hand and kissed it. “Per your request I came. Tell me all your desires and wishes so that I can help them come true.”

Just as Kavita expected, something loud and shocking happened, nearly causing her a heart attack - mainly because she foresaw it coming and it formed a tense. Be it unexpected, her reaction wouldn't be a brief yelp, eventually silenced by her own hand over the mouth. A young man stood in front of her, and the beauty of his was impossible to describe. For a second Kavita convinced herself it was a real man, not a spirit, but the senses of hers remained alert, screaming about the danger he was literally shining. Was it a Devil himself? At least the man was as charming as him, but it was too early to tell. Kavita was still waiting for a sudden attack, a beautiful shell in front of her breaking an the ugly nightmarish creature showing up it's true face.

But this did not happened, and Kavita froze at his touch, unable to say a word - this spirit was carnal . She wasn't fully sure if it was possible at all, but this was happening, making both, curiosity and fear, only increase. "Who are you?" She finally heard her shaky voice asking. Usually she was polite with spirits she summoned, but this one frightening her to the state of near unconsciousness, and so Kavita was no longer responsible for her words.Only after voicing her question, she realized this rudeness may lead to something terrible - spirits always required mortals to be respectful and polite to the level of ridiculous. "I..I mean... Kind sir, may you tell me the name of yours? I-I'm Kavita. I've su-summoned you."

She backed away a little, sliding hand out of his as if terrified he might drag her to hell with himself. Something went terribly wrong this time, and Kavita was beginning to panic - charm never meant anything good, not in the world of spirits. There beauty was a sign of danger, a trait of powerful and sly demons who only were seeking to seduce weak-willed humans, to possess their bodies and send their souls to rot in hell. Kavita always took a risk, but never imagined she'll face this kind of situation herself - in books she read getting rid of a not pleasant guess was easy and she was sure it will be easy to ask him out, but once it came to happen to her, she's lost a gift of speech and seemed to be unable to move.

"You are not a regular spirit, are you?" She finally managed to ask in a tone that sounded somewhat like her regular voice. Though she didn't have to question it - it was obvious, but Kavita still decided to make sure. A piece of her was telling her it's a Devil himself she summoned, but this was the last thing she could believe... Mainly because she refused to. If she accepted this, even bigger panic would possess her mind, and it would lead to nothing good. When dealing with spirits, she knew, you always have to be alert and thinking soberly, otherwise they will easily fool you and it never ends good.

Lucifer smiled as the girl was backing away from her. Not only was her confusion written on her face, he could smell her fear. It was clear that she was realizing who he might be and that she got in over her head. This was what always happened with humans when they found out the situation they were in and how bad it really was. They always back away as if that way all the problems they are facing would vanish just like that. But he wouldn’t disappear because she backed away a bit. Heck he was determined not to leave until her soul belonged to him. And if in the process he could get hold of her body too, that would be an pleasant extra.

Looking at her, he let his eyes go over her body. A really nice body it was. In human terms, it was right to call this woman beautiful. As he turned his gaze back to meet her eyes with his grey eyes, he started to form a plan in his mind. Perhaps the way to get to this woman’s soul, was through her body. If so, that would only increase his determination to get the soul. Closing the distance between them, he gave her a bright smile while once again taking her hand. “It’s nice to meet you Kavita. And might I compliment you on your great observation skills. Like you noted, I’m not your mere low level spirit.”

While holding the hand, he took a bow. “Let me introduce myself to you fair lady. I have many names and some would be too difficult for you to pronounce so why don’t you just call me Sam. Though I would be more than willing to let such a beauty as yourself call me anything you like.” He once again kissed the hand before letting it go and backing away himself. All the time he kept his eyes locked with those of Kavita. “And as I stated before, I came here to help you realize all your desires, make all your dreams come true and give you everything you’ve been longing for. The only thing you have to do, is tell me what it is you want.”

"Sam..." She slowly repeated, setting her eyes on stranger's. His description was full and complete, but did not contain any information she wanted to hear. Only the spirit she feared to have here did own many names, but if she remembered right - Sam wasn't one of them. It was...Too simple, too casual, and devil was always famous for his taste as for everything that was at least a little fancy. While so many things were defining him as the ruler of hell, there were just as many aspects which were making young woman doubt about the true origins of the man. One thing she was sure about - he did possess looks which she'd appreciate much if he was a human being. However in this situation the beauty might be a deadly trap - this was one of those situations where Kavita had to realize herself what was good and what was labeled as bad, since this man could have been a demon or angel and she had only one shot to do. In both cases, a wrong decision wouldn't bring anything fine.

Her senses were beginning to return, and she already spotted a twist in his words, deciding to take an advantage. "Every of my desire, you say... I fear I'm not dumb - in your world no favor stays unpaid and everything has a price. I'm not willing to sell my soul to you if it's what interests you, so I kindly offer you to back off it it was your primal intention..." Kavita smiled a little, knowing she still had some self-control left. Partly it was his appearance which gathered her some confidence, though she couldn't really explain how can it be possible. Him being so much like human, even carnal, should be scaring her, but it was opposite - for some reasons it only encouraged Kavita to be a little more insolent and less polite. As if talking to a regular man, not someone from the different world, who's rage could destroy her's to pieces.

She didn't shudder again when he touched her, as this time she was already aware of his ability to touch her, and though it was still hard to believe, it was no longer surprising, since the effect of the first time could not be repeated. She watched how he backed away himself, wondering what was on that sly spirit's mind, and what kind of seduction he might use - also the main question circulating in woman's mind was how to get rid of him, as the demon taking young man's form didn't seem to be willing to leave if she asked him to. So Kavita decided to not even bother with attempting to ask Sam out. This would need a priest to get involved, and she was merely sure no local priest would be getting in contact with her, remembering her sad past - those people were avoiding her as if she was devil , so Kavita doubted they'd set her free from the real one. Also she was more than just sure her guest wouldn't allow her to even get anywhere near church.

"So..." She attempted to begin a conversation that would reveal her something more about the man she was forced to deal with now. "Tell me more about yourself. How about we start by simple things, such as... When did you die? Where are you from? What was the reason of your death?" Those weren't question Kavita usually asked her guests, but none of them ever bothered her this much - sure, each made her a little nervous, but a panic fear she experienced now? It had never happened before, and Kavita wanted this tense to be gone fast, as well as the worst of her fears to appear false.

Sam just listened and smiled as she said she wasn’t dumb to fall for her simple tricks. As if he had expected her to lay out her desires and wishes like that. Nobody except the desperate ones tell you their true desires and wishes from the beginning. They always test you first, try to get a feel of what your capable off. And some were just like Kavita, really cautious about his offers and wanting to know his true intentions. But off course he had been long enough in the game to know how to answer those questions without revealing anything.

So once again, he simply smiled at her. “Ah, I never said nor even thought about you being dumb. Besides if I’m correct I’m sure I didn’t use the words ‘for free’ when I told you that I came to fulfill your desires and dreams. And neither did I say what price there would be paid. You just go and assume it is your soul I am after, all you humans do. But that is something you’ve just been force fed by the church. Not every demon out there is after your soul. There are other things, other objects you could give in return. And I will always be sure you would understand the price you will be paying for me granting your wishes.” He simply stated the facts and there were no lies in the words he said. Off course he did leave out that he was after her soul but she never asked him if that was his intention so he wasn’t inclined on revealing that fact to her.

“And well I never really died and never really lived. I’ve always been stuck in between worlds as a spirit of some sort. I’m older then you are, yet younger than the one you call God. Besides time is a lucid concept to an eternal being. The same goes from where I am from. I’m from everywhere and nowhere. I have no such thing as what you humans call home. I go to wherever I want to go or am summoned to go. And once I’ve done my job, I go on to the next place. If you want to compare me to something you know, see me as a traveler whose job it is to fulfill human desires in exchange for some things.” Once again he stated fact without going to deep into them, revealing almost nothing about himself, thus keeping him shrouded in mystery.

“But enough about me. You didn’t summon me here to ask me these questions. You summoned me here because you have other questions, more important questions. If I’m correct you want to know certain things, want to feel other things. And I can offer you all the answers you seek, give everything you want. Though the most important question is, how badly do you want to know the answers and what are you willing to pay?” Looking into her eyes for a moment, he gave her a wide smile, almost devilish like. “Like for instant, you desperately want to know why you are the way you are and how your live would have been if you had been ‘normal’. Or am I mistaken?”

Stranger's charm didn't fully convince Kavita to cooperate - his words were too esoteric, lacking concreteness and he still hadn't mentioned the exact price of his... Let's say... Service. Sam was eager to fool her, and it required no extraordinary knowledge to tell that - it was obvious, since the persistence of him suggesting 'help' was too big to turn out any good, and woman could not fight her doubts away now, beginning to believe she had really summoned devil himself. And so far all already sounded like persuading her to sign some kind of contract, without being introduced to it's terms - which in any case would lead to often in history mentioned phenomenon known as 'Selling your soul'. Kavita was never fully sure of it's meaning, as the texts in Bible did never make much sense to her due their fanatic faith and attempts to explain everything by it, but she had a brief understanding, seeing it as a rather psychological pressure - knowing you belong to someone.

Being rational enough, dark haired woman didn't even dare considering to accept his offer - however it struck her with wonder how to get rid of the prince of demons that she suspected him to be. Be he just a spirit - things would have been easier, but even the manner of his speech was revealing this certain spirit's true nature. Kavita listened to the words Sam spoke closely, occasionally giving him a frown as the words leaving his lips were twisted and difficult to sort through - indeed, this was what he desired - to make her confused, and confusion always had a tendency of turning people into sheep. Her main mission now was to send him back to hell where he belonged... Without having herself dragged along a must.

The more he spoke, the more ensured of his origins Kavita grew. No soul was sent to the world beyond unless it's body died - whether it later remained stuck in between of dimensions, as Sam had mentioned, or had a peace in one place. Sadly to him, the woman he attempted to talk into sin was too well aware of what kind of seduction he might take, though she had to admit - he did touch the topic that bothered her a big time. However Kavita could control her curiosity, and a fear worked fine in this case - both feelings were going together at first, but now one helped to suspend another, and for the first time that night she was grateful to have both of them to fill her, even if the current situation was their fault.

"You are wrong." She disagreed, crossing arms over her chest - a typical pose of a person who wasn't eager to let others to get to see what dwells inside. In Kavita's case it was more like a sign of her will to protect the substance filling her known as a soul. "I did summon you to ask questions, and nothing more. So if you're not willing to stick with this only, I'll kindly ask you to leave. I require no other service but satisfying my curiosity." Her eyes narrowed a bit, as Kavita was beginning to behave a littler rougher since the state of shock was gone now. "You are devil, aren't you? And you need nothing but souls for your own collection. Forgive me, but I'm not plotting to give you mine and I offer you not to waste yours nor mine time."

Sam watched Kavita closely, registering every little move she was making. All were defensive moves and it was clear that she was afraid of him. And it also meant that he was hitting all the right spots when he talked to her. Oh it didn’t matter that she saw right through his wordplay’s and his disguise. Because this was way more fun, this at least was a challenge. So his smile was genuine as he was enjoying himself. After a long time, he had to put in an effort.

“Ah you say you summoned me to ask questions, but then why do you put on a defensive pose. Why do you hide behind your arms?” He said with a devilish smile. “The way you move, the way you talk, the way you breath, it all says something about you. And it says you are scared, scared that I am right. That I know you better, know your desires better then you even do. That is why you say you want me gone, that you only seek answers to questions.” His smile only grew more eviler as he talked. “Besides why ask questions when you can get all the knowledge in the world at your disposal. It will only take a small price, a price I bet you’re more than willing to pay if you would just ask.”

“Besides like I said, my name is Sam though I have many names. One of them is indeed the devil but that sounds so ugly and nasty. But well off course you humans have always portrayed me as some kind of monster. Even know you say I do nothing else but ad souls to my collection. But think about it, if I’m really that evil, then why don’t I just threaten you into given me your soul? And don’t say because it won’t work like all the idiots do.” Tired of standing, he took one of the chairs and sat down. “Let me ask you a question, what do you know about me? As you can see, I clearly look like a normal human and not like some horned monster. No my home isn’t the center of the earth and I torture people in my fiery pit for all eternity. And no I’m not pure evil. That is just the image this thing called church created out of me.”

“Off course you won’t believe me. Your programmed to doubt everything I say. So I’ll give you something to think about. If I’m truly that evil, then why did I gave mankind its greatest gift: fire. When I’m portrayed I always am associated with fire as if it’s such a bad thing. But fire gives you warmth, it protects you from wild animals and keeps you save and it brings light in the darkness. Heck for thousands and thousands of years, people created funereal piles and set fire to their deceased. Why because it would set their souls free and made them able to move on. Then suddenly someone came and told them it was blasphemy, a body needed to put into the ground. The reason, to capture the soul on earth instead of setting it free. It’s a way to make God more powerful.” He explained a few things.

“Off course you’re going to deny what I said, you’re going to put a spin on it, that I’m just lying to make you more open to my influence. That is why you won’t be casting an incantation soon again, scared that I’ll come back. But still you’re curiosity will eventually be too great to ignore and you’ll try to summon a spirit once again. And then I’ll come back and you’ll ask me to give you the knowledge your seeking and you’ll be willing to pay the small price I’ll ask of you then because you want to know if I’m truly speaking the truth or am just making things up.” Sam was full of confidence as he was laying out his plan. “So for today I’ll take my leave. Other places to be, other people to give what they desire. Until we meet again.” And without waiting a moment, he disappeared into smoke.

She narrowed eyes some more, growing irritated by this whole persuading and pressure he was trying to apply on her. Sadly to her dear horned friend (though in this appear he didn't have them, nor stereotypical red skin. Sam was much of her perfect man, actually.), Kavita wasn't such an easy prey. Before getting herself in contact with spirits, she did do countless amount of researches, knowing well of what kind of risk she's taking. Unlike most of mortals who played with ghosts, this certain one at least knew for sure what she was doing and what for she's performed that. The promise to 'fulfill each desire of her heart' did sound tempting, but only a round fool could take it as a real thing, with no suspicions. Kavita didn't belong to that category of people, and so it was not taken for granted. Too many legends from the beginning of the world were teaching - devil should never be trusted, and his promises will never be kept.

"I'm not defensive!" She exclaimed, suddenly urging to hit herself for taking one of his provocations, beginning to act the way he had described. Kavita made a mental note to rethink each word of his before reacting, so this could save her...She believed so. His smile, she had to admit, was so inhuman, so frightening and yet...So charming. Maybe it was just her odd taste, or maybe a part of his seduction, but the human form he took was well done, making Kavita wonder if it was created just for her case, in order to ease things. Either it was or not, she wasn't a slave of appearance, so the look of his was the last thing to be used seeking for her anticipation, trust and idiocy.

"Church is a very unreliable source." Kavita agreed with a small nod directed at him. At least in some case they had similar opinion. "Oh, it's unlike you to throw threats to left and right, why not leave this to God? 'If you do that you will burn in hell, if you do another you will have an eternal peace in heaven..'. You have...More subtle ways, I'd say. Giving victim a short happiness in exchange of ever lasting torture. Pretty unfair, isn't it? It's normal no sane person would agree on that, so you must use your twisted mind and sharp tongue, together with some powers you've been given by your existence. Fire was not invented by you, nor I think it was invented by god... It just existed. I find you both - you and god - nothing but big liars. As if you're two politicians during the election - giving false promises, claiming to have things done which were never done by you, and trying to get as much people on your side as you can."

"To your knowledge, middle ages when people believed you residing at the center of the world had passed ages ago - otherwise we wouldn't be speaking now. I'd be a pile of ashes for being so... Not normal. And I don't believe you not because of what stereotypes are given to you, but because I know what you are. You don't have to be a religious fanatic to understand that - being a human is enough. Understanding of what is good and what's bad is coded in us, only not everyone's code is right. Some people are just... Corrupted. Those may trade their souls for a little pleasure. I, however, will not. See, humankind has memories about both,you and your buddy god, and they flow from generation to generation without being re-told. It's one of those ancient traits which we all once possessed - telepathy. An unconscious one, but yet."

"Are you trying to convince me it's any different?" Kavita laughed,wondering if he's seriously taking her for a stupid lamb to whom a couple of kind words and attempts to play a victim would seem a good reason to believe him. However she did not expect him to leave this fast, remaining alone in the silence for some time, attempting to understand what happened here and if it was just her morbid imagination. What Kavita now knew for sure... She won't get involved with spirits, not anytime soon. Not until he forgets about her and loses hope to lay fingers on her soul. Deep inside she realized he will never forget that...But Kavita had chosen to believe it, as ridiculous as his words were.

Back
Top Bottom