Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The thin line between life and death

Bell winced at his reaction rawing her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around her knees "Xer!Shut up.Just because he can't kill you, doesnt mean you should make fun of him."Bell growled sounding so very upset and confused. She had no idea how to explain this.

Xerxes grimaced a little as she yelled at him and he pouted at her as Imriel froze and stared at her. "oh my god... the... the ghost!?" he asked, shocked. "the creepy stalker ghost guy got you pregnant!?...." now he looked confused. "...how is that even possible?" he asked softly, utterly baffled, a sentiment that Xerxes followed. Imriel sat down, biting his lip. "...so it wasn't rape?" he asked, sounding ever so relieved about that. "thank god..." he breathed. "i can handle you being pregnant... i can't handle you being hurt like that." he admitted, shaking his head. "so.. that's why you look so terrible? because your pregnant with some dead guys baby?... that sounds... insane.." he nodded. "i sound insane..."

bell whimpered softly pressing her hands against her ears, because she din't want to hear imriel yelling at her, before loooking over at him, looking worried before shaking her head, looking confused at his relie."No...it wasn't."She sighed before giggling with a sad little hiccup, starting to cry, so relieve he wasn't angry."Xerxes' has no idea."She muttered before shuddering ,shifting to lean into imriel, wanting the comfort from someone alive, someone she neeed as much as she needed xerxes."I know. I think its insane to, but xerxes says I am..."

Imriel grimaced as she covered her ears, realizing he'd frightened her and he shook his head a little as he pulled her into a hug. "i'm just glad your not dying or something." he grimaced a little. "...people are going to be upset when they realize your not a virgin anymore... your supposed to be married as a pure virgin..." he muttered, shaking his head a little. "their going to be even more pissed off when they realize your pregnant... we're going to have to come up with a good excuse..." he muttered, holding her as Xerxes gently held her hand and stroked her knuckles, trying to sooth her gently.

Bell sniffled a little, shivering, resting her head on imriel's shoulder, sighing softly."Yes....well....I have been alone with you.And even not as a noble,my father had been willing to let me marry you, if I wanted."She said biting her lip, looking at him."An with drake as king, it would be best if I was marrie...or at least preparing to be married.... marry me?"She muttered half joking as she looked up at her best friend

Xerxes snarled at her half serious offer of marriage, and Imriel stared at her, blushing furiously as if he had only just thought of her as a real girl for the first time. as the Royal Guard Captains son... he was more than 'noble' enough to marry the princess. he sputtered, trying to talk as he choked on his words before just nodding. "if it will keep you safe." he whispered, swallowing thickly. "i'll... i'll have to get you a ring..." he muttered, Xerxes groaning but nodding. "i hate it... but this is the best plan for keeping you both alive." he complained, reaching out into empty space, pulling back two rings. "here... once you touch them, they will materialize in the human realms." Xerxes stated. "but know this... the ring on Imriel will mean nothing.. the Ring i give you is my promise... once you die... naturally, of course... i will marry you... you will be mine... in life, i will with you happiness with the girly man." and with that, he set the rings in her hand. he was dead... he could not claim her... but he could be satisfied knowing she would be his, someday... and that she was safe for now.

Bell looked startled at imriel's acceptance before noing, looking up at xerxes, frowning slightly as she looked down at the rings in her palm,"Xer,thank you."She smiled looking up at him, before sighing a little. "You are so demanding."She said looking up at the ghost before looing at imriel, holding out his ring."Marry me?"She teased a little, because she'd never really thought of him like that, but it would be the best thing.

Xerxes smirked at her and nodded. "of course i am." he stated simply watching as Imriel swallowed thickly as he took the ring. "i..." he coughed. "in all honesty i..i never really thought if you like... this..." he admitted, biting his lip a little. "i never.. i never loved you, in a romantic way... you where, like a sister i guess..." he admitted. "but... now i suddenly realize that... your just so beautiful, and smart, and witty and..." he flushed harder and Xerxes chuckled. "that poor boy just realized he's in love with you... you should cut him off before he says something really stupid and makes a fool of himself." Xerxes sounded amused, but it was good advice because Imriel really was working his way up to 'foot in mouth syndrome.'

Bell stared at imriel, looking amazed at his wors, because she hadn't thought of that either, and she loved him fiercely, just not with the passion she felt for xerxes. while her and imriel could build a life together, it was the death lord that held her heart of hearts. "Xerxes!Don't make fun of him."She pouted looking up at the death god before smiling at imriel, wrapping her arms around him."Stop. You're getting all worked up for nothing."

Xerxes chuckled a little. "how can i not!? it's just... so... easy!" he complained, Imriel shuddering as she hugged him before he relaxed. "i'm sorry...." he muttered sheepishly. "i can't help it... i get worked up about things like this..." he'd had a really bad moment when that cute girl from the village had told him that she loved him. he'd had no idea who she was and had panicked an had sputtered at her for an hour before her father finally found her and dragged her away. she hadn't gone back, apparently annoyed because he hadn't looked at her breasts once!... he'd decided from then on that women, where strange and that he was never going to understand them. "yes, i'l marry you." he promised, smiling at her. "then we can claim the baby is mine, and no one will demand you kill it." he murmured hesitantly setting a hand on her belly. "i know it's your Ghosts baby... but... i'll help you raise it, and love it..." he promised, Xerxes sighing in relief. "tell him i said thank you." Xerxes muttered softly. he knew how hard it was to love a baby that not only wasn't yours, but wasn't even fully human. but then, this WAS Imriel, who simply ADORED babies, and helped out every chance he got in the nursery. Imriel would love the half baby, simply because it was a baby, and would love it as a child because he had raised it.

"Women are strange and you'll never unerstand me."She teased looking amused because she remembered when he'd come back from that. Bell smiled softly as he touched her stomach, blushing ever so softly. She hadn't expected him to embrace the duty, even if she had known that he loved babies. Shifting she leaned into him, cuddling into her best friend, "xerxes says thank you."She muttered tiredly, emotionally exhausted, but so happy. "I need to figure out a way so you two can talk... I think xerxes is going to have a opinion about his child he'll want you to hear..."She muttered because she knew her ghost, she knew he'd be demanding even if he would leave things mostly to the living."Imri, we need to get married before we get to my cousin's.Us getting married on the road would be believable."She muttered not wanting to think of what would happen if she showed up just engaged, instead of married.

he snorted at her and sulked a little as he shook his head. "i'm not sure i WANT to talk to him... your always yelling at him." he teased, chuckling a little. "but your right, it IS his child, he deserves to raise it too..." he mused, Xerxes snorting a little. "i'll get my people on it." the man stated calmly. "i'm sure there's a way for the living to understand the dead if we try hard enough." he mused simply, watching them as Imriel paused and hesitated. "can't we just claim that we got married?" he asked. "i don't like stopping into a village... Drake's people are everywhere looking for you..." he muttered, biting his lip. "i can fly ahead and find a small village that doesn't have any Guards or Soldiers?" Xer offered. "i'm sure there's a place near the border that Drake won't want to risk sending his people. he won't want to let people find out that your missing."

"Well, he is a ass most of the time."She muttered teasing the ghost before smiling."He's going to have his people work on it. We'll find something."She said before biting her lip, wincing a little."we could...but collin might demand proof..."She muttered looking up startled at xerxes, before nodding."Go."She said before looking at imriel."Xerxes is going to find a small village. He's right, drake wont want the bordertowns to know I'm missing, because if they know, then every country will know that he killed his family."she muttered sighing, tears choking her.

Imriel pulled her into a tight hug, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "i'm sorry." he whispered softly. "i know how hard it must be." he muttered softly, kissing her forehead as he sighed a little. "you can cry you know." he promised softly. "i don't mind... i'd cry too." he admitted smiling at her. "it's alright to be sad Bell." he promised her, stroking her hair as he held her, Xerxes gone to find a church. "maybe you'll see them again? you can talk to the dead you know, even if their not haunting the palace, Xerxes might find them for you if you want him to."

Bell sighed softly burying her face against his chest,t laughing waterly as she hugge him "You never cry. Ever."She muttered because he was her strong best friend, seemingly never upset over anything."I'll ask him.That could be my wedding present from him."She giggled finally breaking down and crying, the first time she'd been upset since that first night.Having bottled up her emotions, the princess was finally mourning the family she was missing.

he smiled a little and shook his head. "i cried when my mother died." he admitted softly as he held her tightly, rocking her as she cried, rubbing her back as he held the other, letting her cry herself to sleep before gently settling her into her bedroll, tucking her in an simply holding her while he waited for Xerxes to come back... not that he could do anything when the other did. when Bell woke though, Xerxes was there with good news. "i found a village." he assured her. "it's a nice one, you'll have a good ceremony." Xerxes assured her, smiling at her. "you know.. he IS kind of cute." he teased, smirking as he examined the sleeping Imriel.

Bell stirre, her head resting on imriel's chest, raising a eyebrow as she looked up at the ghost,"Are you hitting on my best friend?"She said looking bemused blushing a little as she sat up, gently brushing her fingers through imriel's hair as the man slept."He is cute isn't he?"she muttered amused at his words before looking up at him again."How far is the village from here?"

Xerxes smirked a little. "i might be... it WAS ever so nice being inside of him." he teased, winking at her with the double innuendo. "the village is a two hours ride from here, your so much closer to the border than we thought we where." Xerxes admitted. "i think those Gypsies used some sort of magic to speed their travel." he admitted simply smirking as Imriel mumbled unhappily as he woke up, blinking at Bell. "... morning." he murmured, offering her a smile. "how are you feeling? better?" he asked hopefully.

"Xerxes!That's so wrong."She muttere blushing hard at that, before looking amazed and relieve."We're closer to the border. Just a few hours ride."She sai gently running her fingers through xerxes' hair, sighing sotly."I'm feeling fine.But lets get moving before it gets to late."She said looking so happy at the thought of being married,even if it was out of neccessity and not exactly love, because she loved her best frien, just not the way she thought he deserved.

Xerxes laughed wickedly and Imriel gave her a funny look. "what's he saying now?... you know what, never mind... i don't think i want to know." he complained sleepily as he rubbed his eyes and smiled at her. "you look so excited." he murmured, glad that she was happy that they where getting married. "i'll have to get you a pretty dress." he murmured. "and some flowers." Xerxes chuckled. "he's excited about the wedding too." Xerxes teased playfully. "you know, if i had never come along, that baby in your belly would probobly be his..." Xerxe admitted softly, hesitating as he looked at her. "do you.. regret it?" he asked, seeking reassurance that he wasn't a rapist or evil.

"Oh, he's just being weird."Bell said blushing a little laughing at imriel's words, snuggling him for a moment before smiling wider, nodding."We'll get a dress in town when we get there."She said looking at him, eating the cold fruit before blushing at xerxes' words, looking up at him, looking confused at his need for reassurance."What? No...whats wrong with you?"She said looking concerned for him.

Imriel smiled a little at her and nodded. "yes, a nice one, that will make you look like an angel." he decided happily as he nibbled on his own meal, Xerxes just shaking his head. "it's nothing... just..." he sighed a little. "i want to be the one marrying you." he admitted simply. "i'm a little afraid that once your married, you'll forget about me." he admitted. it was a decent fear, and it proved that he did indeed worry, and care about her. "i wish i could be part of your wedding..." he admitted. "i wonder what it's like to be alive..." born a demon, Xerxes had never had a chance to experience the living realms... not that he'd ever had a desire to... not until now anyway.

Bell frowned looking worried about the man as she looked up at him,"...I'm going to be spending eternity with you eventually...how could I forget that?"Seh asked looking confused at his worry, shivering a little as the wind blew through the woods, sensing the ghosts there. "I'm sorry xerxes....I wish I could make you alive..."she said a thoughtful frown on her face.

he smiled at her a little and shook his head. "alive, is a very long time." Xerxes admitted softly. "and you are marrying someone who loves you just as much as i do... who wouldn't be worried?" he asked softly before smiling at her. "i doubt there is a way to make me alive... i never was." he admitted. "i was born in death, and death i will forever stay." he admitted, rolling onto his back and watching her with his head hanging upside down. "you will make such a beautiful bride though, and i have to admit, Imriel deserves you in your Life." he admitted, smiling at her. "and you deserve him. he will make a fine husband."

"You're the one that said live doesn't last forever xer."She said snickering a little but looking worried for him, because she didn't like seeing him so upset."Life and death are just two sides of the coin, and you will be with me, for it."She sai smiling a lttle before looking at imriel, blushing hard t his words."You ready to go imri?If we hurry, we might reach the border town on collin's side of the border by tonight."She said looking worried as she stood.

Back
Top Bottom