Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The thin line between life and death

Xerxes chuckled a little and shook his head. "you can't tell me that all that was done calmly and purposefully." he teased, smiling at her. "you and i both know that was spur of the moment, i know because you used MY powers to do it." he stated simply. "it speaks a lot about your true character." he admitted, hovering above the cart on his back as Imriel let Bell drive. "i've never seen a person possessed before.." he admitted, glancing at her. "...you ever had ME possessed... did you? you know... when we where kids? i'd remember something like that right?" he asked, his head tilted a little. "...is that why i could never say no to you?" he teased her, smirking rather playfully as he shook his head.

"Well, wht does it say?"She said looking up t xerxes with a raised eyebrow, sighing softly s she looked round them, making sure that there wasn't anyone following them."I calmly decided to do that."She said because she had been so afrid tht she hadn't really been awrare of doing it. Glancing at imriel she laughed shaking her head."No. ii didn't know I could ask them to possess someone. I knew I could let someone possess me, or xerxes could possess someone if he want-"She babbled before looking t imriel, blushing when she realized he was teasing her."That was unknd."She pouted.

he smirked at her. "it says that your really as good of a person as you seam to be. you act kindly, but when push comes to shove, you really are as kind as you look." he admitted with a smile at her as Imriel laughed at her glare at him, smiling at her. "oh come on, don't pout at me, it's not fair!" he complained, smiling at her. "besides, you know you like it when i tease you." Imriel teased. "i'm the only one gutsy enough to do it." one of the bonuses of having grown up with a princess, was that you lost your fear of being thrown in the prison for making faces at her.

Bell frowned looking at xerxes thoughtfully trying to figure out what he meant by that before sighing. Looking over at imriel she laughed a little shrugging a little."True. I do. You're the only one that does.Well, except xerxes, but he doesn't count since he's already dead, so he cant really die."She said snickering a little at the idea.

Imriel snorted a little. "i think Xerxes is just a bully looking for someone to annoy the piss out of." he admitted simply, Xerxes glaring furiously at him. "he's just grouchy because he's dead, just ignore him and he'll go away i'm sure." Imriel admitted simply, yelping as the seat in-between them caught on fire. one of Xerxes few powers. it wasn't very strong without a mortal's energy helping him, but he could set things on fire if he got annoyed enough. "son of a bitch!" Imriel complained, patting the fire out with little effort. "god Bell, can't you put a leash on that bastard or something!? this is the third damn time he's tried to set me on fire!" Imriel whined, sulking pathetically.

Bell yelped as the fire flaired up before glaring at xerxes, "Go away Xer!"She ordered looking extremely annoyed that he'd struck out at the man. Along with the stress of everything hppening, she was taking it out on xerxes who was not helping things.

"no." Xerxes stated, sticking his tongue out at her. "he's annoying and deserves it." "it's alright Bell, he didn't catch me this time, he just scorched the bench." Imriel promised as he examined himself carefully. "just ignore the bastard." Imriel ordered simply as they rode through the forest, sighing a little as his stomach growled. "shit, i'm hungry..." "tell your servant that there's dried meats and breads in the back of your cart in those big bags... cheese too." Xerxes admitted simply. "remember to eat. you need your strength."

"I thought I told you to go away!"She growled her voice holding a growled edge of power, her...condition lending her even more thrust to her power.After all, it took one nercomancer to mke another, nd when one ws a ghost....well the child was going to be interesting."Imri, Xerxes says there's food in the back of the cart."She said glancing over at him still annoyed with her ghost.

Xerxes shuddered at the power in her voice, and he shot her a wounded look before he vanished, unable to refuse her when she used his powers against him. "here, take the reins." Imriel ordered handing her the reins before heading into the bags to pull out thick bread, soft, sharp cheese, and as promised, jerky by the bucket loads. "OH! they have Apples!" Imriel chirped gleefully. apples where rare and expensive for anyone far away from the villages that had the apple orchards. Imriel didn't have apples very often, though he knew that they where a common meal for Bell, her father insisted on having Apples available, because he loved them so much. "oh! there's carrots in here too, and cabbage... damn they where really loaded, they must have been raiding villages for supplies to have this kind of stuff.... want an apple?" he asked, offering Bell a plate with bread and spreading cheese on it along with a handful of meat for her to snack on. he himself enjoyed the sliced apple smeared with cheese, groaning happily at the taste of the crisp, sweet apple.

Bell sighed a little as she drove, looking amazed at the food before starting to et herself."Yea, the must have." She said grinning as she started eting

Later that night, bell sniffled a little riding her own emotional mood swing as she drew her legs up resting her chin on them as she glnced round her. Trying to stay quiet in the front seat so she didn't wake imrel up who was sleeping in the back.The girl was feeling off kilter and tired, "Xerxes?"She whispered looking around for him, looking so childlike sitting there.

Imriel slept like a dead log, so really she didn't have to worry about being quiet, he was snoring as he slept, wrapped up in one of the sleeping rolls that they had uncovered in the bags. Xerxes appeared the instant she called, and he pouted at her. "you banished me!" he complained before noticing the look on her face. "what's wrong?" he asked, instantly worried. "are you in pain?... was your servant hurt or something?" he asked, worried as he settled around her, wrapping his arms tightly around her as he kissed her forehead, offering her support and comfort. he was still annoyed at having been banished from her side, but he figured it was just hormones. her body was working hard to keep the life alive in her belly, ad her hormones where going to be twice as bad during the process. "i won't bother your servant anymore." he promised. "no matter how much he annoys me."

Bell looked up at him startled,"No,nothing happened.We're okay."She said rubbing her cheek against his shoulder, shifting, snuggling against his chest before sighing softly, swallowing hard as she tried to calm down."Good.You shouldn't bother him."She said resting her head on his chest, closing her eyes."I just...I feel so lost. Everything's gone."She sniffled.

he held her as she nuzzled him, smiling a little. "not everything is lost... you still have your servant... what's his name? i can't remember, Imi or something girly like that." he muttered. "and you will always have me." he promised, hesitating a little. "...Bell i have to tell you something... and your not going to like it..." he admitted softly. "i... when we had sex... i..." he coughed a little. "your pregnant..." he admitted softly, setting a hand on her belly. "i... i didn't know i could get you pregnant..." he admitted softly. "but that's why your feeling so out of sorts..."

"imriel.And its not girly!"Bell sniffled looking up at him glaring at him for that beore relaxing, and looking startled at his words.Looking so confused as she considere what he was saying before leaning into him, and passing out in shock at finding herself pregnant.

he smiled at her and shook his head. "it's girly." he teased chuckling before yelping as she passed out, grimacing a little as he shook his head and gently settled her into the bedroll... she needed her sleep anyway. when she woke up, they where moving again, Imriel was driving as he hummed, happy with life and unaware of all the problems of life that Bell was having. "Bell? are you alright?" Xerxes asked softly, blinking at her. "i'm sorry, i didn't mean to shock you so badly..." he admitted, gently stroking her hair. from how natural it felt, he had been doing this for most of the night.

Bell sighed softly as she stirred shifting to snuggle down into the bedroll, refusing to get up.She didn't want to stir. Sighing a little as she looked up at him, she frowned at him a little."How could that not be a shock?"She grumbled annoyed with him, and so very tired.

he chuckled a little as he shook his head. "i don't know... i'm still a bit shocked about it myself... i've been sterile all of my life... or i thought i was." he admitted. "i didn't even know my seed could take root in you." he admitted stroking her hair gently. "go back to sleep... i'll wake you if anything happens." he promised. "i'll have your serva... i'll have Imriel stop and make you a hot meal. i think i can just touch his mind a little bit and talk to him if i try hard enough. he won't like it much, but it's better than being possessed." he mused rather playfully.

Bell sighed looking up at him, enjoying the feel of him stroking her hair before sittting up."Imri?Can we stop for the night?"She asked lookign at her friend worried, and wondering how he was doing. If they had to, she could drive instead of letting him drive.

Imriel paused and looked back at her, his head tilted. "stop?... i guess so, is everything alright? are you feeling unwell?" he asked, worried as he clicked at the horse and turned them into the trees to hide for the night, hitching the horse with enough rope for it to wander a little, he slipped into the Cart next to her, blinking at her. "Bell? are you sure your alright?" he asked, frowning at how pale she looked. "i'll make us a hot meal tonight, we're far enough into the forest to have a nice warm fire." he decided, smiling at her. "see if you can't get your ghost freind to possess a few rabbits so i can catch them." "...fine, i'll do it, but only because you deserve some hot food." Xerxes growled, vanishing to find a rabbit.

"I'm fine.Just tired and I don't want to make you drive all the time."she sid smiling a little before climbing out of the wagon, sighing softly as she looked t imriel, nodding slightly as xerxes left."He's going to go find a rabbit."She said shifting to sit next to imriel, resting her hed on his shoulder."I'm fine, I promise."She said trying to figure out how she could tell him what was wrong, she just couldn't.

he shook his head a little. "i'm fine with driving." he reassured her, chuckling a little as he started building a fire. "your freind is being unusually helpful these days." he muttered as a Rabbit bounded into into the clearing and sat there and stared at them, looking about as annoyed as a Rabbit could get. Imriel snickered as he grabbed the rabbit by the ears, waiting for it to start struggling as it wasn't being possessed anymore before he snapped it's neck and started cleaning it. "he waited for me to leave first... i wonder why... he's up to something!" Xerxes yelled, paranoid as Imriel hummed to himself as he smiled at Bell. "you look tired still... why don't you go back to sleep while i cook this? i got in a real nice nap so i'm not tired."

"He is isn't he?Maybe he feels bad for being mean to you."She said laughing a little as she looked at him, shaking her hea in bemusement as she watched him clean the rabbit, looking tired but wanting to wait up with him."He probably didn't want to be killed again."She said shrugging a little before looking at imriel."I can stay up with you."

Imriel chuckled a little and shook his head a little. "Bell.. you really don't look well." he protested, frowning at her. "your not sick are you?" he asked nervously, setting a hand on her forehead. "is your leg infected or something?" he asked softly, feeling her warm face before getting the bedrolls from the cart and wrapping them around her, warming her up. "i don't like this... if you get too sick... i won't be able to help you..." he admitted, worrying his lip with his teeth. "i don't know medicine..."

Bell bit her lip watching him, shivering a little as she wrapped herself up in the bedrolls, looking at him worriedly, before looking down. Looking so scred of what he'd think."I'm not sick...I'm pregnant..."She whispered staring har at the ground.

he froze, and turned to stare at her, astonished. "oh my god... who... Bell... did someone rape you!?" he demanded, astonished. he didn't remember anyone bragging about fucking the princess. and he was sure she would have told him if she'd started dating someone... so that left Rape. "was it the Gypsies!? one of the guards!?... oh god.. i have to... i..." he snarled and got to his feet, pacing back and forth relentlessly. "i'll make whoever raped you suffer Bell! i SWEAR i will!" "..he surely is very protective of you..." Xerxes mused. "i actually feel a little frightened."

Back
Top Bottom