Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The thin line between life and death

Bell blinked stupidly as she woke, whimpering softly before nodding. Sitting up slowly she smiled a little."I can walk if you help me."She said tking the woman's arm and allowing her to help her get to the fire, looking shak and in pain, and not just from her leg. Swallowing hard she smiled at imriel."How are you doing?"She asked looking worried for him.

Imriel grinned as he watched her coming towards him, he was just walking back from several tents, covered in dirt, and looking very satisfied. "i'm fine! i haven't had a good busy day like this in a long time! i've been having the time of my life!" he admitted grinning as he sat next to her. "how are you?" he asked, worried about her as he examined her. "are you hungry?" he asked, handing her a plate of food, chicken and wild vegetables. "eat up! i've been digging up those tubers all day!" he teased with a laugh. "me and the kids that is, their hardy little folks!" he admitted with a grin. "how was your day?" he asked, glancing around him, looking through empty air to try and find the spirit that was stalking her.

Bell looked relieved to see tht he was okay, swallowing hard as she flushed. Starting to eat before laughing little."I'm fine.I'm feeling better actually."She said before laughing t his words. "It was good. Xerxes sat with me to keep me company."She muttered sotly so no one else could hear, blushing a little when she caught sight of xerxes, quickly looking down at her plate and away from him as she started to eat.

he smiled at her before snorting., "somehow, i doubt he's very good company." he grumbled blinking as she looked away quickly and he frowned a little. "...Bell, are you alright? did that brute say something to you or something?" he asked, looking at his best freind with concern. "Bell? did your... freind, do something?" he demanded, worried about the way she was acting, the Gypsies laughing and singing and dancing as they played with their dinner as Gypsies did. some of them juggling apples, others cutting up the chicken in the air, some just laughing and singing as they enjoyed their life, unaware of the Drama unfolding bare feet away from them.

"I'm fine.Just thinking about the moronic ghost."She said rolling her eyes, "He's being annoying. Told him he should just go get laid, it'lll do wonders for his mood."She grumbled glancing over at mriel, before sighing."I'm fine. Really."

Xerxes snickered as he hovered near her ear, his lips pressing against her ear. "as i recall, i was already laid." he whispered. "and oh how wonderful it felt, your tight, sweet little cunt wrapping around my dick." he teased, whispering to make it seam all the more naughty, as if someone might overhear them. "can ghosts get laid?" Imriel asked, lifting an eyebrow as he popped a piece of wild carrot into his mouth. "in any case, why care what he's like? he'll get tired of following you around eventually right?" "don't count on that, my little necromancer." Xerxes teased, snickering a little.

Bell shuddered a little at his words before looking at imriel."Good question.I think not. It would explain why he's a virgin."she sid snickering a little before shrugging, looking at imriel with a slight smirk."Oh, I'm sure he will. Long before we get to my cousins, I bet."She said smiling widely at imriel, not wanting him to worry.

Xaneth's hand connected to Bell's head at the virgin comment and he hissed a few well chosen curses in her ear before vanishing to amuse himself with watching the women of the Gypsie clan bath in the river, Imriel lifting an eyebrow at her. "... he just hit you didn't he?" he asked, looking amused. "somehow, i don't think he appreciates your sense of humor." he teased with a small chuckle as he took a swig of water. "it will take two, maybe three weeks to get there." he mused. "which will give you plenty of time to rest that injury of yours... maybe you can learn something womanly while your hair.. play a flute, embroider something." he teased. all throughout childhood, her mother had constantly complained that Bell just wasn't girly enough. and often complained that it was Imriel's fault.. climbing trees and playing in the mud and all sorts of things.

Bell winced a little as hehit her, giggling though as she watched him disappear."He got bored.And yes he did."She said giggling a little before pouting, poking her best friend hard in the arm."Imri!Idont want to do those things!"She whined looking at him."They're not un.Climbing trees are fun.Anything but girly things."She pouted

he snorted a little and shook his head. "you SHOULD do those things!" he complained scowling at her before smiling a little. "you don't know their not fun, you've never tried them!" he complained with a roll of his eyes. "no ones going to want to marry you if you don't act like a proper princess you know." he teased playfully. this had been an argument they'd had many times. it was more in fun than anything else. "besides, your going to have to find something to do while we're on the move."

Bell gave him a look before sighing"Well.I guess I'll try."she said looking thoughtful

A few days later Bell yawned sleepily as she rubbed her eyes, shifting snuggling down into the pile of blankets her body was resting on. She was exhausted, more than she should be, as her body struggled to create life out of death. Looking up at xerxes, "Morning.I thought you were mad at me still."She said having not seen him since he stomped off in a hissy fit for her making fun of him.

he huffed at her and shook his head a little. "i am." he stated simply. "but i was more worried, your so tired lately." he complained examining her a little. "i wanted to make sure you weren't sick or something." he admitted, hovering over her, he set a hand on her forehead, checking for a fever. "your so warm..." he complained, frowning a little. "there's a Sensitive here... do you want me to tell her your sick?" a Sensitive, was a person who could hear, but couldn't see, or speak with them. they just 'heard voices on the wind'.

Bell sighed a little looking up t him before shrugging little, snuggling down into the blankets."I'm always warm compared to you,Xerxes."She pointed out with a half hearted giggle before sighing looking worried herself. Worried that her leg was getting infected, not even suspecting the truth."Please. I am getting sick we might have to split off. Go faster towards my cousins."She said looking worried about traveling alone, well alone with just xerxes and imriel, feeling safer hidden in the group of gypsies.

he shook his head. "if your getting sick, these people can care for you. i was watching the Herb Lady... she knows how to stop infections and heal things with plants..." he admitted simply. "i'll go tell the Sensitive." he promised. "your safer here, hidden in a group... someone will notice you, traveling alone." he complained, vanishing to fetch someone, and barely five minutes later a young girl, barley ten moved into her cart. "The Voices said you was sick." the girl chirped. "i brought the Healer." she explained, helping a little old lady into the cart, the woman carefully examining Bell's eyes, her tongue, her wound, listening to her heart, the woman muttering. "Grandmother says that you have Stress sickness." the little girl stated. "you worry too much, and it makes you have a fever. Grandmother will make you Tea, and you will drink it, and it will help you to calm down." the little old woman was already leaving to go and make the tea, Xerxess watching curiously.

Bell sigihed softly nodding as she watched the other woman muttering, yawning as she shifted to look up at xerxes as the woman left."See?I'm fine."She said running her fingers through her hair because while she was feeling out of sorts, she figured it was alright considering that her whole world had been turned upside down in a matter of days.

Xerxes huffed a little as he rolled his eyes. "you are NOT fine.." he complained stiffly. "your sick and your refusing to admit it!" he huffed, annoyed and then chuckled as he laid down next to her, studying her. "ah... i see now..." he muttered, running a hand along her body. "i know what's making you sick now." he muttered, looking almost sadistically pleased. "yes... i know." he admitted shaking his head. "drink the things the healer gives you." he ordered. "and get plenty of food." he demanded, hovering over her. "and tell your damn servant that i can HEAR him when he insults me!"

Bell frowned sighing softly as she rested her head on hischest, shuddering a little."Wht?What's wrong?"She said sounding so very very scared, "Xerxes?"She said looking up at him, swallowing hard. "He's not my servant!And I enjoy his insults against you. They're amusing!"

he chuckled a little. "there's nothing wrong with you." he promised. "your just using your powers, that's all." he promised, and while that wasn't entirely the truth, it was enough of the truth for her to not know it was a lie. then he huffed and scowled at her. "he's a servant! even HE knows it!" he spat. "and they are NOT amusing! you know there's a mass grave not twenty feet from here! i can raise all those dead bodies and use them to punish him for speaking ill of me!" Xerxes was throwing another temper tantrum. it wasn't his first and it probobly wouldn't be his last, but he hadn't raised undead armies yet, so it was pretty clear that it was a bluff.

Bell looked relieved to hear that she wasn't sick starting to calm down before she laughed.Poking him in the arm she rolled her eyes, "Would oyu stop sulking? You my dear, are a horribly bluffer. Don't say things you dont mean."She teased running her fingers through her hair getting settled and looking relaxed.

Xaneth snorted a little and rolled his eyes as he shook his head. "i will NOT stop sulking and i DON'T BLUFF!" he growled, her eyes narrowed in fury as he bared his 'fangs' at the woman before settling down next to her, watching her his head tilted a little. "go to sleep, you need your rest." he ordered simply, smirking a little. she wasn't asleep for long when Imriel suddenly burst into the cart and shook Bell's shoulder. "Bell! we have to move! your brothers people are here examining the goods!" he hissed, pulling her out of the bed and pulling her onto his back before she was even fully awake, darting back out of the cart and into the trees, trembling as he watched the Kings Men ruffling through the Gypsies items, looking for 'runaway criminals'. the Gypsies weren't doing anything to stop them, they just sat off to the side and talked, neither helping, nor hindering, looking completely innocent. then again, they didn't know who Imriel and Bell where, so in a way, they where innocent. "we'll have to hide in the woods for a while..." Xaneth was nowhere in sight, which was either a very good thing... or a very bad thing...

"Oh stop being annoying."She said sighing a little looking amused as she rubbed a hand over her face as she went to sleep. Looking up at imriel sleepily, stumbling clumbsily after him, looking so scred. Swallowing hard s she pressed low into the bushes, and into mriel's side, resting her head on his chest."Xerxes isn't here...."She said sounding rightened, not by the idea that he'd get hurt, but because she was afrid of wht he was doing. Despite her brother's actions, she still loved him[/u]

Imriel shook his head a little. "now isn't the time to be worried about a Ghost!" he growled softly, his eyes examining everything that was going on, worried that they where going to get caught. "shit... what are we going to do now?" he asked softly as one of the soldiers moved over to the Gypsies, warning that there where raiders in the area, offering to travel with them to 'protect' them. "we're going to have to leave the Gypsies now... and your nowhere near healed..." he muttered, shaking his head a little. "this is bad..."

Bell swallowed hrd watching them her panic leaking into the air, her anger at having to hide giving her powers free will. And burrowing the missing xerxes' powers, she summoned the dead and bent them to her will, letting them possess the guards and deciding to leave.Swallowing hard as she watched them go she looked at imriel."They're gone, but we're still going to have to leave. The ghosts will leave eventually. They'll be back."She said sounding anxious.

Imriel grimaced a little and shook his head. "we're going to have to steal a horse..." he muttered softly. "not from these people, they have helped us too much." he smirked a little as he studied the Guards and their horses. "but we could take one of those..." he muttered. "they even have a cart for us... have your possessed freinds 'accidentally' leave that big Bay and the cart behind." he ordered softly, Xerxes chuckled as he moved over to her. "and here i was trying to find the Captain of this little rag tag group to possess him, but you've done it for me. very well done little Necromancer. i approve of your use of powers. most necromancer, they bring life to dead bodies to kill everything, but you found a nice, simple, nonviolent solution... now i'm even more interested in you." he teased with a laugh as the soldiers left, leaving behind a horse and a cart for Imriel and Isabella to take for themselves. "the ghosts will have fun in living bodies. i imagine those guards are going to wake up with sore bellies and no food left." Xerxes admitted with a laugh. ghosts who where set loose on a mortal, usually only did one thing... they ate food, because the dead normally couldn't taste, and it was what they missed the most.

Bell nodded concentrating on making the ghosts pass them before leaning on imriel to get to the cart, climbing up in it and snapping the reins, heading the opposite direction as the guards, glad that the men were heading towards home instead of her cousin's place. Looking at xerxes she rolled her eyes a little."D oyou have to sound so shocked that I would not cause these men harm?They are still my subjects, despite being loyal to my brother."

Back
Top Bottom