Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The thin line between life and death

natalie-dormer.jpg

Isebella Drayke smiled softly as she walked among the palace halls, the chilled halls of the palace chilled most people, with their hauntings and strange sightings, but the girl budding into a woman found comfort there. For the girl walked the halls of the dead, even while still among the living, and the ghosts of Drayke castle never harmed her, even if they could play tricks on others. Following her feet instead of thinking about where she was going she looked up startled as she found herself standing in her brother's sitting room. Staring at the sight in front of her she tried to sort out, but the 19 year old couldn't. Not until she saw her twin twisting to look at her. And then she slipped in the blood at her feet as she stumbled back a step.

Away. She had to get away. Twisting around she fled down the hall, knowing that if Drake had killed their father, then their mother had followed.She had always known what he wanted, when you could talk to the dead, you learned alot of things. But she had never thought he'd go this far. Running through the halls, listening to the whispers that came from the dead and the demons that walked among them she was glad that she was wearing her usual fighting pants instead of the riddiculous dress her mother had wanted her to wear. Had that been only hours ago?Her legs threatened to go out from under her with grief before she slid through the hall on the lake of blood that had been created in the dining hall, skidding the girl went down in a tangle of limbs and dog.

Panting she laid there for a moment before rolling on her side, already starting to scramble to her feet as she felt hands pulling her to her feet, to cold to be the living, the dead general she recognized for a moment helping her before the vision shattered as her best friend pulled her through the kitchen door.

"Imriel, what-you have to go.you can't go with me."She snarled at her best friend even as she followed him outside, ignoring the gore that covered them both as she flung herself into the saddle of the horse he'd had waiting for them. Already sinking her heels into the horses sides as she jerked the horse around towards the gates, knowing that they had to get away before Drake gathered himself enough to follow. And for a moment the only thing louder than their hoofbeats was the snarling fury of the slain.

demon_lord_by_heise.jpg

the Demon Lord Xerxes, was a strange sort of creature. he controlled the Land of the Dead, ruled it with an iron fist and an iron Will. everything from the Demon's, to the pitiful souls of humans was his to command and control, as they had been for hundreds of thousands of years. it was rare that he took an interest in anything, so when several human ghosts from the 'realms above' came to him, begging him to help[ 'The Little Princess' he at first was uncaring, and even annoyed that his boredom was being interrupted... until they mentioned that she was a necromancer... there where few of them running around, and they had short lives... and as they faded more into Death, they where his only way of communing with the living without possessing something... it was all he needed to get his lazy ass off his throne, and up into the Realms of the Living.

he quickly possessed a boy, who was praying feverishly to the pathetic creatures he thought of as Gods, and turned the body of the Boy, Imriel, to the stables, and then to the Princess Isabella, it was easy for Xerxes to pull the girls name from the boys mind. he knew she would recognize him, for she had seen him before, reclaiming a rampaging Demo that had threatened her pathetic castle, and again when he had come to collect the soul of one of her handmaidens, the young girl had been very in tune with the dead, not a necromancer, but a very powerful Psychic, who had been teaching Isabella how to commune with the dead as a child. yes, she knew him, and he knew it, and that pleased him. Imriel struggled for control of his body as Xerxes rushed Imriel out the door. "If you do not take him with you Princess, the Young Lord Drake will kill him." Xerxes voice was rich and cultured, Cruel, yet gentle, and completely mismatched against Imriel's normal voice. Xerxes pulled himself gracefully into the saddle even as he pulled the tormented souls of her parents to his breast and cradled them, soothing their broken hearts as he kicked the horse, and sent them both racing through the lands.

Imriel groaned as he sagged against her for a moment as the spirit of the Demon Lord, General of the Dead left him, taking the souls of the dead King and Queen with him, giving them the strength to Project, and appear before a human, their wavering forms shrieking at Drake, hopefully distracting him enough for Isabella to get away as Imriel gathered the Reins and kicked the horse to make it go faster. "something possessed me! i couldn't move!" Imriel yelled, his voice shining with utter panic as he urged their horse on, as if the speed of the horse could take him far away from the thing that had stolen his very body. being possessed was a very traumatic experience after all. Xerxes watched the dead souls of the King and Queen harass their son. and he was content in knowing that Isabelle know who had ultimately saved her. she was in his debt now, and someday, he would call upon that debt, but for now, he was enjoying tormenting the mortal boy who had put Isabella in harms way.

Isebella snarled as she listened to Xerxes, annoyed because she knew the demon lord was right. Pissed that she was indeed dragging her best friend with her. "I know, Imriel I know."She muttered kicking the horse faster bendng over the horses neck as she urged the gentle mare on, demanding even more speed, thinking as they crashed through the forest where even a wrong mistep would kill them.

Looking up as the horse stoped suddenly she stared at the ghost in front of her pain flickering in her eyes as she recognized her father's master of the guard."Lord Karsen, go with peace."She muttered as she slowed the horse to a walk, knowing that they had to slow now therwise attract attention from the village who would surely turn them in.

"Rest lady, you two need it. You are sore and tired.And traumatized. We will stand guard." "We?" "Yes, lady Isabella, your guards will once again stand their last watch, making sure you get past drake's attention."The master of the guard raised a fist in a salute as the rest of the guards that had fallen that night materlizied, settling around the small camp as imriel and isebella settled on the ground, their blood soaked clothes the only warmth they had to share.

As she leaned against imriel's chest as he slept she closed her eyes but bright blue eyes flickered open as she felt a different presence then the ones guarding them."Lord General, did you come to collect?"The 19 year old teased the demon lord, beautiful and dedly, brave and sarcastic in a way very few true nercomancers rarely were.

Imriel was in shock by the time they had come to a stop. the young man was the son of the Master Commander, and well trained, but even he could not handle having his very being taken over. he was pale, and trembling as he slid off the horse, his eyes wide as he stared at Isabella talking to... what appeared to him, as Thin air. he blinked as he looked at her, struggling to contain himself. "Bell? who is it?" he asked softly, swallowing thickly as he looked around him realizing who it was... his own father. "tell them i'm not a damn Hotel!" he ordered, shuddering violently as he pulled the packs off of the horses and searched through them, pulling out a saddle blanket and some dried bits of jerky for them to share, struggling not to think of how his father was dead... Karsen, was dead... he snuggled in close to Isabella, wrapping the blanket around both of them as he closed his eyes to sleep, too shocked, and too exaughsted to even eat, or even weep for his now dead father.

"perhaps." Xerxes stated calmly as he moved through the trees, in some cases literally stepping through a tree as if it wasn't there, pausing in front of Karsen and leaning over to whisper something in the Man's ear. warning the Kings Guard that come sunrise, he would not have the strength to guard the Princess, and would be expected to go to the Under realms to find peace with his death, as would the other Guards. "you are an unusual little Death Speaker..." Xerxes admitted simply as he walked around her, stepping through Imriel, making the boy shudder in his sleep. "the Dead are drawn to you Necromancer.." he admitted simply. "but soon, you might be joining my armies, and i simply can't have that... you are far too useful to me alive... or, rather, mostly alive." he examined her. "you are the most alive Necromancer i have ever seen, it's very impressive."

"You heard him karsen, no more free hotel rides.Or you Xerxes.Whereever you are."isebella snicked a little, sadly as she shivered cuddling against imriel, to overwhelmed to really feel anything.Smiling slightly as imriel shuddered she raised a hand to smooth his hir out of his face sighing softly.

"I do not live for your whims, death lord."she said scowling at him as she shifted rubbing a hand over her face before sighing a lttle."I will not be joining your armies. I am going to be retaking my throne.I just hve to decide what to do."She said reaching out to wave him away from her, figuring that since he was a spirit, she wouldn't be able to touch him. Yelping startled as her hand found his leg, solid and alive, if not really warm."Oh."She said stupidly looking strtled as she touched his muscular leg. For the first time in centuries, here was a necromancer that didn't need a third body to touch him, but could touch his real one.

Xerxes smirked a little. "would you rather i had left you both to die?" he asked simply. "then you and the little Imriel would not have to mourn your families deaths, hmm?" Xerxes taunted, cold and heartless as ever. "i do not want you to join my army, stupid girl." he stated simply. "you are too useful alive." he admitted simply. "you are a Necromancer, eventually you will fall under my rule, it may take years, even decades, but you will be under my control soon enough Little Queen." he stated simply, jerking when her hand found his flesh, just as startled as she was, staring down at the hand on his leg.

"...this should not be possible, you have not summoned me..." he whispered, his eyes narrowed, astonished as he squatted down in front of her, his eyes narrowed as he reached out and stroked her face, his fingers warm, almost hot against her chilled flesh. "your freezing, this will not do. wake your servant and make him build you a fire." he ignored any protests that Karsen or she might have made about Imriel not being a servant. frankly, Xerxes just didn't care, but he did settle very close to Isabella, letting his own demonic body heat warm her chilled flesh as he studied Imriel. "he is a very good Host." he admitted simply. "if the need comes, i will take his body again. his mental health is not as important as your physical safety."

"No.But I do not like you possesing my friend either. His mind would not hold up to that."She said frowning at him before snarling at his insult but not moving to do anything about it, eyes flashing at his words."I fall under no one's rule but my own."She snarled softly before she moved her hand away from him, shivering as he touched her. Gently shaking imriel awake she rolled her eyes at xerxes' insistance that imriel was a servant. Shifting she watched her friend make a fire lookign at xerxes with a frown, not realizing how insane she had to appear to insane.

"You will not enter him,demon lord."She said frowning at him, even as she shifted closer to xerxes, warming herself up before giggling a little, her grief finally getting to her. "I think you just like being inside him. I didn't think you were gay demon lord."She said starting to lose it, her grief starting to make her hysterical.

Imriel whined a little as he was woken, but set about making a fire, he was cold too after all and he knew the princess didn't know how to make a fire. she had been pretty sheltered all of her life. her mothers fault mostly. Xerxes was ignoring her protests completely as he watched Imriel give her strange looks. he understood that she was speaking to the dead when she did that, but it was still creepy, and part of him was certain that she was just mad. "...Demon Lord?" he managed to squeak once he had a decent fire going, setting a hand onto his chest, as if that would keep Xerxes out. "can you stop me, Little Queen, if i should choose to take him?" Xerxes asked, smirking at her, sighing a little. "i prefer possessing the male body, as their anatomy is like mine, and i find having breasts... uncomfortable." he stated simply. "they are nice enough for grabbing, but not for owning on my own body." he stated simply as Imriel gathered the princess into his arms.

"hush, princes... shh now..." he muttered, stroking her hair. "it's going to be alright Bell... we'll get you back home soon..." Imriel knew he was making promises that he couldn't keep, but he couldn't help it, she was so hurt inside... her own brother had killed everything she had ever known, from the guards, to her maids, to her very own parents... he held back his own tears as he rocked her gently, urging her to sleep as Xerxes sighed. "i will not take the little male." he finally promised. "not unless there is no other course of action." he assured her. "the boy is right, you must sleep, Isabella." he ordered, gently stroking her hair, Imriel nearly crawling out of his skin as he saw her hair move for no visible reason. it was the first time he had seen the dead do something so... real, part of him wanted to freak out, but his friend was already doing that, and her mental being was more important than his own, he could freak out later... Bell needed him more than anything else. "Sleep, Isabella." Xerxes and Imriel both demanded at the same time. "i will watch over you."

"I would be willing to try."She muttered before laughing at his description of breasts even as she blushed."Oh,yes that would be interesting."She muttered snuggling against imriel, sighing softly as she allowed them to sooth her to sleep.Knowing that she needed it.

a day later Bell frowned tiredly as she looked at imriel,"Are you sure this is a good idea? I know we need to ride north, but surely there's something better then coming right into town.Drake'll be looking in towns."she said her voice anxious because she had no idea what to think, this was so new to her. At least imriel had traveled before, the most excitement she had had in her life had come from the dead. Nearly jumping out of her skin as she ran into Xerxes, she frowned at him."What are you doing?"She growled annoyed at his presence, "I thought you were outside of town standing guard."She said annoyed because she so did not want to think about how hysterical she'd gotten last time she'd seen him.

Imriel smiled at her. "no, he'll think we'll be too scared to go into town, besides, this town is one i go into often, they know me, and won't recognize you, by the time they think to tattle we'll be long gone." he promised her. "i have plenty of gold, and we need supplies if we're going to survive in the woods... i can't hunt bare handed, and we can't keep riding the same horse, it looks indecent and the poor horse just can't handle it." he admitted shaking his head as she yelped. "i'm tying up the horse, what does it look like i'm do... oh, your talking to the dead guys again... try not to do that in town, ok?" he asked, giving her another odd look before he finished tying the horse to a tree so it wouldn't walk off.

Xerxes was staring at her as she walked into him, lifting a slender eyebrow. "i made someone else do it, it was boring and i have enough boredom in my life thank you." he stated loftily, sounding like the spoiled, petulant brat that he was. "do try and convince your servant that i exist... he's walked through me enough times to know that i'm here..." he glared at Imriel as the boy, again, walked right through Xerxes and shuddered, muttering about 'chills in the air'. "annoying little bastard..." Xerxes growled. "it's like he knows exactly where i am and walks through me on purpose! i'm going to possess the little bastard the next time he does it!" Xerxes didn't like being walked through, it wasn't painful, but it sure as hell wasn't comfortable either. "now, hurry up, your brothers guards are hours away, and they will be held up by a traveling merchant who is selling Slave girls." he stated simply. "follow the Little Bastards orders, he is stupid, but he knows what he is doing." Imriel scowled, rubbing a finger in his ears. "ugh! my ears are ringing... someone's insulting me!" he complained, shaking his head. 'we have to hurry, Drake's guards are a few hours away, but we need to stay as far ahead of them as possible."

"Sorry.Walked into him.I couldn't ignore him."Bell muttered sighing softly as she followed him into town, looing worried as she rolled her eyes at xerxes' complaining. "How can one be stupid,but now what he's doing?"Bell said muttering under her voice before following orders. "I'll get the food.Get some weapons."She said sounding anxious but getting some food, and getting a bad before making her way to where imriel had said to wait, looking over at xerxes as she saw him coming back towards her."Dont you ever get tired of following me?"She asked tensing a little as she saw the guards, ducking her head."Drake's men are coming up the street."She said starting to sound panicky, wondering how they'd found her so quickly, but she couldn't run without drawing even more attention.She had eben trained how to fight, but she knew that drake's guards would be able to overtake her easily espicially with imriel no where in sight

Imriel rolled his eyes. "'Him' again? is he stalking you or something?" Imriel sounded amused despite himself. it was funny how this undead guy could so easily get under Isabella's skin. he quickly moved to get some weapons, trying to decide what would be better for Bell, a Bow or a staff? maybe some throwing daggers? Xerxes motioned for her to be silent when she spoke to him, and grimaced when she noticed the Guards. "be silent for one thing, stupid girl." Xerxes spat, annoyed that she had such little common sense. "duck out of sight, hide." Xerxes ordered firmly. "they are not sure you are here, they are only looking..." he admitted, having been listening in on the guards conversation... much easier to do when no one could see you.

"here, duck under this basket." he ordered, nudging a woven basket with his toes as the Guards started spreading out, searching for any woman with Isabella's hair color and height. "we'll have to get you a disguise." Xerxes muttered. "dye your hair, cut it..." he mused, watching the Guards come closer, Imriel gasping as he noticed the guards, and noticed Isabella hiding... "Hey! Watch where your going!" Imriel ordered loudly, purposefully knocking into another shopper, the guards zeroing in on him. he turned and raced out of the town, the Guards hot on his heals, but they where only wasting their time, and their breath... no one had ever been able to catch Imriel on a foot race.. the boy was decent with a sword, better with a Bow and Arrow, but on a straight run, no one could beat him. he always won the races at the carnivals and fairs, the Guards didn't have a chance of catching him, he'd run circles around them, and it gave Isabella the chance to escape. "go, now." Xerxes ordered. "walk slowly, and pull your hood up... hunch over as if you are an old lady and get out of here before they realize that the cannot catch the little fool." hopefully, Imriel wouldn't get hurt when they started flinging weapons at him.

"Don't call me that."Bell muttered at him as she ducked into the hiding spot, atually hurt by his growled words. After all, the girl had been extremely sheltered, had it been any wonder that she had no idea what to do? Sneaking out when xerxes gave her the okay, swallowing hard as she did as he said before tensing as one of the guards bumped into her, the hood falling back, that midnight fall of hair falling around her shoulders."Lady Isabella.Thank god I found you."The guard said looking relieved to see her, before wrappign her in a hug and picking her up."Your brother wishes to see you.He is thankful that the assasins didn't get you to."

"No!Put me down."isabella snarled already reaching out towards xerxes, her fingers brushing against the man's shirt, gasping as she used a budding magicala talent, shifting and drawing him to her, her own eyes going dark as she let xerxes take control, at least enough to fight, and soon the two guards that had come for her were laying on the ground. Starting to run towards the woods where imriel had disappeared, letting xerxes stay in her head, knowing she still might need to fight.

he snorted a little. "i shall call you Stupid Girl if i wish." he growled. "you are stupid... but you are learning." he admitted simply gasping as the guard grabbed her. he blinked as his shirt was grabbed, opening his mouth to bitch that she was ruining the Silk before he suddenly found himself in her body, such a strange sensation to be pulled into someone elses body. he'd never had that happen before, it was very unnerving. he reacted instantly though, slamming his/her head into the Guards nose, feeling the bones shift and break as blood spurted across the guards face as he went to his knees, releasing Isabella. Xerxes didn't give the guard a chance to recover, he wrapped her arms around the guards head, and with a sharp twist, the guards neck was snapped, and he was dead. he shifted back, letting her have her control back, and she could hear him muttering in his/her head about the rudeness of necromancers and about how unnerving it was to not have a cock, just some strange hole where his cock was supposed to be.

"Halt!" it was another Guard, followed by two others, all of them grabbing their swords and racing after Bell, clearly they intended on making her go home, even if they had to hurt her to do it. they had Drake's insignia on their chests, showing that they where loyal followers, and had probobly helped him to murder the King and Queen. they where clearly about to try and kill her too, and would claim the 'Assassin's' had done it. Xerxes didn't give them a chance, he took her body again, with or without her permission. the fight only lasted a few minutes, swords flashing, the first guard went own easily, and Xerxes easily disarmed him and slaughtered the other two, before turning and racing into the woods, bloody swords in hand. as soon as they where in the safety of the trees, he abandoned her body and examined her, his eyes narrowed a little. "your injured..." being dead, he hadn't felt her injuries. "you need to bind those..."

Isebelle glared at the demon general as she tugged off her shirt already sitting down on the ground to wrap the leg that was bleeding heavily."No shit,Xerxes. s much as you amuse me, I have no intention of bleeding out."She growled annoyed as she gently probed the wound, wincing because she could feel the severed parts of the muscle, before binding it up tightly to stop teh bleeding before hobbling to her feet."We have to find Imriel.We need to get out of here before someone else realizes there's more money to be maid on dragging the princess home."She cursed as she hobbled a little before stopping. Thinking about it before raising the bloody sword, one hand fisted in her waist length hair and cut the silky black strands free. The dark hair falling around her feet before she straightened again the shsarply angular face standing out even more now that her face was free from the softening of her face, but she did not look like herself. Hobbling she started searching for imriel, before looking up at him."Xerxes, go find imri. I cant keep walking."She said after a few minutes, chest already heaving, breasts pressing tightly against her shirt with the effort. Not even thinking about the sight she must have made, having shredded her clothes to make bandages, not to mention she hadn't been wearing that much anyways.

Xerxes rolled his eyes a little and shook his head a little. "like i said, your more useful to me alive." he stated simply, blinking at her for a long moment as she removed her outer shirt, his eyes widening a little as she cut her hair, his head tilting a little. "...damn..." he muttered softly, feeling the spike of lust for the first time in centuries. "go find your servant? and what am i supposed to do when i find him?" he demanded, lifting an eyebrow. "he can't see me, remember, and he's told me not to possess him, and you've enforced that order... so how am i supposed to get him here?" he complained before glancing at the horse and groaning. "dammit... i hate possessing Animals." he growled. "at least this one is a male." he shot her a disgusted look and slipped into the horse, snapping the rope with his teeth he trotted off to find Imriel. he came back a half an hour later, a panting Imriel on his back, dumping Imriel on the ground with a disgusted snort, Imriel grimacing as he rubbed his sore ass. "...Bell, i think there's a dead thing in that horse... and i think it doesn't like me." he complained, scowling at the horse, shrieking as he was bitten, hard. "ouch! Son of a Fucking Bitch! that's the Third goddamn time!... Bell!? oh gods! your hurt!" he complained, rushing over to her. "let me look at it." he ordered, gently laying her out and examining the wound, his eyes wide. "oh my god... you can't ride on this..."

"Figure out something. There's no way I can walk."The young nercomancer glared at the ghost looking at her, missing the loo he was giving her s she snickered watching him posess the horse."You should posess females more. You might find that you like being inside one."She teased blushing a little even if she looked amused."He doesn't, but-Xerxes!Don't bite."Bell scolded fussing over imriel, looking at him worriedly before nodding."I know.Damned guard hamstrung me."She cursed before sighing."We'll have to find a caravan going north.I'll be able to ride in a wagon. But I can ride until we find something."She said pushing to her feet, wincing a little as she hobbled over to the horse xerxes was on, cursing a little as she struggled to get up, slender legs sliding around the horse, which was probably a odd feeling or a demon lord who was feeling lust for the first time in awhile.

Xerxes snorted again, shooting her a dark look as she joked about being inside of a woman. he snorted again as he was ordered not to bite and stomped his feet into the ground, clearly annoyed as Imriel winced. "alright! jeeze! i'm sorry i kicked you and called you a stupid beast, geez!" he complained as he shook his head. "you shouldn't walk on this either..." he complained softly as she hobbled, Xerxes dropping into a laying position so she wouldn't have to climb, shuddering as he felt her leg heat wrapped around his back. he stood before Imriel could get on and started walking, the Guard scowling and grumbling as he followed next to the horse, not about to get on with Xerxes so temperamental. it didn't take them long to find a massive caravan, Gypsies and traders.

"Hoi there!" Imriel called, the Gypsy caravan stopping as Imriel moved over to them, the Clan heads moving over to him to talk 'business' as he indicated Bell, talking quietly before the three head men nodded. "Come on over Bell!" he ordered, waving her over, the horse moving slowly as Xerxes abandoned the warm horse body and hovered over the Gypsies, looking curious. "what funny clothing!" he declared, knowing that only Bell could hear him. "what are these people? thespians?" some of them where. "The Gypsies have agreed to let us travel with them so long as i pull my weight. i've explained that your badly injured and they've agreed to let you off of work and let you ride in the Cabin." he promised, smiling at her. "i'm also selling them the horse for the travel." he admitted. "you just sit tight and heal, alright?" he asked, smiling at her. "and try not to... do that weird thing you do..." "there are Spirits nearby." one of the old women stated suddenly. "we should be going before they bring bad luck."

Bll snickered a little as she was given a dark look, absently patting the horse."See he apologized.Now stop being dick."She ordered shaking her head a little before sighing as she settled into the saddle looking amused that imriel would rather walk then risk getting on a tempermental horse. Wathing the scene around her she frowned at Xerxes for his words,noding slightly at his words."Some."She muttered mostly to herself before nodding looking up at imriel as she slid out of the saddle, leaning against imriel.."I don't do weird things."She said sulking a little before letting imriel help her into the cabin, looking around them."They are not here to bring bad luck.They are just present."She said waving a hand before looking around,wincing a little."I sense things, not alot but enough to know that they will not harm us.WE should go though."She said looking awkward as she settled into the back of the wagon ,sighing relieved as her sore body settled onto the soft rugs.

Xerxes snorted darkly and simply kept walking, ignoring Imriel completely. Imriel snickered a little as he helped her, very carefully out of the Saddle, "you do too do weird things." he complained, smiling, amused as she protested Xerxes 'innocence. the Old Gypsy woman blinking at her. "not human spirits." she corrected. "these are other spirits... they bring bad luck." she admitted. "sit, and rest... one of the healers will tend to your wound." she promised as the caravan started again, moving through the woods as a woman moved into the carriage that Isabella was sitting in. "i'm here to look at your injury." she explained, smiling at her. "where is it?.. oh my... that looks bad..." she admitted, startled as she carefully examined the wound before she made a thick paste and carefully smeared it over the thick cut. "this will prevent infections, and aid in healing." the Gypsy woman explained as she carefully bandaged the injury. "you must not walk or move too much, or it will never get better."

Bell rolled her eyes at imriel, looking annoyed as he smiled at that."Well, then we will move to make sure we do not bring bad luck to you."She said smiling a little at xerxes, amused that he was considered bd luck before looking at the woman."I wont. I promise. I will even allow imriel to help me do things."She said looking annoyed but willing to do it before she sighed shaking her head a lttle."I am sorry if I am taking up room used for others. I do not mean to be a burden."She said looking worried about taking to much from the gypsies, wondering how in the world she was going to pay them back for this.

the Gypsies chuckled at the woman's clear naivety when it came to spirits other than human ones, and continued on their way, letting the healer do her work. "this wagon is used for nothing." she stated simply. "it is for purposes just like this." the woman admitted. "you are not the first wounded we have ever come across, and i am certain we will come across others as well." she admitted. "sometimes, we get injured and stay in here as well, but it is usually empty. just rest now, and do not worry so. the Young Man has agreed to work hard to pay for your supplies, and the Horse is good profit for us. he is a magnificent beast, he will bring us much gold." the woman assured her, smiling as she exited the wagon, uncaring that it was still moving, Xerxes chuckling a little. "you worry too much." he complained simply. "Imriel is stupid, but a strong and loyal worker, he will pay for your passage, and will keep you safe, he is a good servant."

bell looked relieved that she wasn't taking up space before glring at the man sitting next to her."I do not.And he's not stupid. You're stupid."She frowned at him sulking at him for making fun of her friend before making a face."And he is not my servant.He's my friend."She said frowning at him before sighing."now, tell me about these other spirits. If I'm going to have a long life and defeat drake, I have to know what else is out there."She said making a face at him.

Xerxes snorted. "he is stupid, i bet he can't even add... or read..." well... actually Xerxes was right, like most people, Imriel didn't see much point in knowing how to add more than what was needed for making money, and he certainly didn't bother being able to read more than he had to. he really was very uneducated in the traditional sense... yet, he could make a fishing net out of grass, he could start a fire out of just some sticks and some bark, and he could set amazing traps. sure he wasn't good at wrestling or traditional fighting... but he was quick and deadly when he had to be. "the 'Spirits' that these thespians talk about, are not anything you can interact with." Xerxes explained. "they are not ghosts, or the undead, they are... emotions, i guess..." he admitted, wondering how best to explain them. "it's... like a kind of magic, or energy. the same thing that lets you commune with the dead, lets the old lady commune with certain aspects of nature... when she said 'spirits' she meant 'there's bad in the air'... something bad happened here, and it lingers, causing disaster and mayhem on anyone who lingers too long.. like a memory... makes sense?" he blinked at her. "there's remnant 'bad' energy that clings to people, and makes bad things happen..."

"Well, not everyone's good at those things. But he's amazing at alot of other things."She said looking up at him, her smile teasing, as if willing him to believe what she was implying. TEasing him was so much fun. "Oh.Yes, that does make sense."She said but looking disappointed that she would not be able to interact with something new, settling back onto the pillows with a sigh looking up at him."Tell me something.I am not used to just laying around.Tell me something interesting."

Back
Top Bottom