Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Fake Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessGumdrop

Supernova
"I will not!" Akira screamed at his parents, throwing the book he hand in his hands down onto the ground, nearly storming out of the room. His parents had just told him that he was going to have to marry the prince in order for his parents to gain more standing in society. Akira started to pace the room, annoyed with his parents. "He's...He needs to marry a woman anyways!" he said, glaring at his parents.

"His parents already think that you are a woman. All you have to do is keep them believing it until the marriage." his father said.

His mother was sitting on a chair, her hands neatly folded in her lap. "Think about your standing as well, my dear. If you don't do this your standing will be...revoked." she chose her words very carefully.

Akira stopped in his tracks and turned around "You." he stopped and looked down at his feet. "I..." he bit his lip, an old habit that he never managed to get rid of. "Fine." he said, he didn't want to be left on the streets by his own parents.

The next day he was standing, in a dress, flowing and white, a summer looking dress, waiting for the parents of his soon to be fiancé.

Cian was, in many ways, a typical Prince from a country of war. He had been brought up with notions of war, and that had carried through to his adulthood. He was first in line of many siblings to the throne, and therefore, had to have a suitable Queen to rule the country with - he had never had the time nor patience for courting, but his parents were now saying it was a necessity, and that they would find the most beautiful Princess for him to marry that he could.

So Cian followed after them with a slightly sullen look, dressed in his best formal armour. His hair, shoulder length and a dirty blonde colour, was arranged in a neater version of the shaggy mane he usually sported, paired with the beard and his armour, he looked quite a formidable foe even without a weapon in his hand. His sword was sheathed at his side, and he watched as his parents greeted the Princess he was apparently to be married to.

"...And this is our son, Prince Cian," his mother and father parted and Cian walked forwards, bowing respectfully. Even if he didn't particularly care for a wife, he wasn't about to treat her like dirt simply because they were in a bad situation. "Hello," he said gruffly.

"Your highness." Akira said and curtsied, something that took him hours to figure out how to do properly, thanks to his mother. Prince etiquette he knew, princess...that was another matter. Akira glanced to his parents and then back to the man before him. He, himself, wasn't very powerful looking. He was slender in form and the rest of his features were rather delicate. He had gotten them from his mother's side of the family and couldn't help it. His hair was black, long, and fair, a striking contrast to his paler skin. He eyed the prince a bit, noticing right off that he was in armor. It wasn't all that much of a shock, the prince had been known to be more war oriented than anything else.

"Well, I'm so glad they seem to be getting along!" Akira's father chuckled and smiled at the king and queen, "Why don't we let the two soon to be's get to know each other some. Perhaps we all could chatter somewhere else and leave them be." he said and pushed Akira gently forward, closer to the prince. Akira bit his lip and smiled softly to Cian.

Cian smiled down at him a little bit awkwardly, not entirely sure what to do with himself as his parents agreed, walking off to discuss business and money with each other. "Hello," he greeted gently, taking his hand to press a kiss to his knuckles, his smile growing. He wasn't entirely unhappy with the arrangement - the Princess was very beautiful, after all, and he had always favoured dark hair over light, despite his own hair colour.

"I am Prince Cian. I am aware you...know my name, but it seems rude to not introduce myself formally," he glanced around. "Your kingdom is very beautiful."

Akira watched his parents move off to discuss with Cian's parents. He looked back to the prince and smiled softly before pulling his hand back a bit after he kissed it. "Prince-ss Akira." he said, nearly stumbling through his own name. "Thank you, Prince Cian. We take pride in our kingdom's beauty." he explained. He shifted his weight and bit his lip. "I hope that our union can be a joyous one." he said, really unsure of where to go from here. "My parents have assured me that you will make a very good husband." he said, "I hope that I can become the ideal wife for you."

He blinked at the almost slip up, but put it down to just nerves. It wasn't as though he didn't feel nervous, after all - he'd be hypocritical to be irritated with her for that. "Would you give me a tour?" he asked after a moment of somewhat awkward silence, smiling though at her compliments. "I hope we are good for each other. I would like to have a happy marriage after so many wars."

"Oh, yes. Of course." he said and glanced over to his mother. This was a protocol he wasn't used to, at least not the reverse side. As a man he would give his arm, but he was unsure if a woman could do the same thing. So he motioned towards the door "I can show you around the grounds if you would like. We have a wonderful garden." he offered, he was honestly worried about having to walk, he was in heels 'for appearance' his mother had told him. He tried to argue that he had never walked in heels and they were expecting him to do so in one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom