Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Insanity~

Woohoo! You go, Hahvy! Just remember that it's hard to start but once you get over that hump, you're in!

Been keeping up with my daily walks, even going so far as to walk on my breaks while at work(if I don't plan on getting home in time to catch any daylight). Last night went out with some friends and although we went to Outback, I was proud of myself for ordering one of their salads(despite the pastas and seafood calling my name). It set me back a couple of pounds as well as the half a Kit Kat bar I couldn't say "no" to.

Have fluctuated a bit but have yet to make any significant progress. Probably have still not been as active as I should be. Have also heard getting the right amount of sleep can be a pretty crucial thing, and that's something I need to work on since I stay up pretty late talking to friends - and that segways into video games. With the new Minecraft update just released, as well as Halo 4 coming out next month, I'll have to be conscious of how many hours a day I just spend on my arse just playing those with friends.

Gonna get a new pair of shoes today, seeing as the one pair of used for maybe 4 or 5 years now are falling apart. Hoping once I break them in they'll be more comfortable to walk in.

Walks are awesome! So, I say good on that too, Quin. Always fun and I'm a HUGE fan of them. XD So hooray! XD

And you can do it, Boxy. You just gotta find your groove. And you will. *nod nod* :)

Yeah, my workout says to get about 7-8 hours which I don't get. I usually get like 5-6 max and it's never uninterrupted sleep. Hopefully though I'll be exhausted enough to just flop into bed and sleep.

Sleep is a wonderful thing. And it's why hub has instated my curfew of sorts. It's not ridiculously strict. But it sort of is. More or less, he wants me in bed by 10ish or thereabouts most nights. 11pm is the latest he likes me up and even then I get heat. And there are even times where he'll demand I go to bed at 10, it'll depend. He tends to be a bit more lax on weekends or days where he knows I don't have something pressing in the morning. But most days, he wants me in bed by 10 -10:30pm. He's even been known to walk up to me and take my computer away from me if I'm on it at those times, LOL! But usually he'll just tell me to turn it off and he'll stand there until I do. >.< haha. But yeah. It's all to ensure the sleep I need for proper functionality. And honestly, it's AMAZING the difference an hour can make. *nod nod*

7-8 hours sounds about right. Usually I'd sleep from maybe 4am to 1pm or so, but lately I've been awoken by friends calling me to see if I was alive, or having weird dreams or nightmares that get me up early, or just waking up completely on my own before 1 ever rolls around. So I guess I'll have to set my schedule quite a bit back or something. Would probably be healthier to eat with the family in the morning than having carby toast, at least. :p Not sure if I could have someone set a curfew for me. Would be really annoying to me. I think the last time I had any kind of curfew was back when I was around 7-10 years old? I think it'd be better for me personally if I tried to have enough self discipline to set one for myself.

Well, my curfew is agreed upon by me. Plus, there's also a dynamic between my hubs and I that's agreed upon on top of things. The thing is this..... usually somewhere between 10 - 11 (on average) I tend to get sleepy anyway. This just ensures I get the sleep I need because there have been times here and there where I'll get wrapped up in something and figure one night where I lack will be ok when really I shouldn't do that. This just serves to remind me. No harm in that in my mind. Plus, as I said, it's consensual. And I know for a fact I'm a responsible person. My hub is just looking out for me. But I don't expect everyone to understand that dynamic.

Oh, no, that's cool. Sorry if I offended you. I just meant for me, personally, that that might not be a good idea. I mean, I already don't have as much self control as I'd like, and that's not a good thing when you've got junk food tempting you while on a diet. :p So I think I should kind of try to train myself to be better at this sort of thing.

Haven't checked in for a few days because I totally sucked this weekend. Haven't been keeping up with my walks although Saturday I did join a Breast Cancer walk. But they offered cupcakes afterwards and I had one. And a mini donut. Even though I'd already taken 2 bites of a cookie that day. Since I'd basically had a full-fledged "snack time" and was feeling like an utter failure, I also got some boneless buffalo chicken wings and ate them with Bleu Cheese dip. And then no walking at all yesterday, although yesterday and today I've returned to eating veggies. I already got in a walk this morning and plan on walking around noon.

Today is the day I visit my doctor and get to show her what an awesome job I've been doing, so I think I've been nervous eating lately, in an attempt to comfort myself from feeling anxious about it. I did not reach my goal of 175 by this date but I'm at 181 down from 200 when she last saw me, so it's still drastic. But whatever. *shrugs*

This self control thing is fuckin' hard. =(

Honestly, Quin, that's quite awesome. And a splurge every now and then isn't something to be ashamed of. In fact, I think they are rather healthy myself. I think you just need to work them into your routine so that they don't feel so much like a cheating splurge. That way you mentally won't feel bad about them. I'd pick a day a week where you can do that and not worry so much. I'm not saying to overdo the snacks, but maybe a day where you don't have to 'kill' yourself so much and be a bit more lax about things and eat those snacks if the urge strikes. But only if it strikes. You might find that it does, but if it doesn't... hey, cool. Right? Maybe that'll help curb things too. But then if the urge is there you won't feel so bad because it'll be a part of the routine. :)

Regardless though, you should be so proud of yourself. All the walks and what you've accomplished so far since your last visit is amazing! Keep it up!!!

Thanks, darkangel. Also, thank you for the suggestion as well. I think that might help me out a lot more rather than feeling like I have to constantly deprive myself and when I do give in, as if I were being "naughty" or something.

Well, I've started with changing my diet today and do plan on working out today. I'm just eating something an hour before I work out so that I'll have that energy since I think I've only eaten about maybe 500 colaries [including what I'm eating now] since I got up. My planner thingy says I need to eat about 2k calories with this work out to lose weight and still have energy. I'm also drinking a glass of milk so that probably adds another 100 calories or so [maybe] But still, that's not even half of what I need to eat. I think I'm doing good so far. After my work out I plan on having either a salad or a sandwich with bacon, lettuce, and chicken, as well as some carrots and an apple. Depends on what I choose. I'll post again once I work out! I'll let you know if I'm still alive.

Well I'm not dead but I feel like throwing up a little bit. @_@

That was just the fitness test too. It was pretty rough doing some things I had never done before. The warm up was good though and he does take time to stretch and things like that which is awesome. But yeah, I kind of feel sick yet accomplished. I think I need to take deeper breaths and then sip water.

I think I need to shower.

Awesome, Hahvy!!! I know you'll keep at it and continue to strive toward that goal... this is just the beginning. If it wasn't rough, it wouldn't be a work out. XD *hughughug*

Holy fuck day two. I managed to get through the entire DVD but fuck if I'm not disgusting and tired. I had to take more breaks than I wanted to but it happens. I find I also can't do push ups anymore. FUCK. I'll have to work on that. But I made it through and feel all clammy since I don't actually sweat like normal people. It just feels like a layer of humidity has settled over my skin. SHOWER TIME~

Only did about half the DVD today, which means I didn't really get into the cardio stuff that was planned but I think it's okay for me to do that the first week as much as I feel like I bitched out. I'll keep up with it but I'll do it safely. Today was just not a good day physically but I'm still keeping with my meal planning and such. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

Remember, the goal is to live through it and enjoy the fruits of your labor. ^^;;

Can't be kicking your own ass to exhaustion every day in the beginning. That'd be insane! Just keep pushing steady, girl!

Yeah, I'd say don't stress yourself out too much. One day at a time.

Of course it's easy for me to say that. Feeling so sick that I don't feel I can't walk too much a all. I don't even want to eat anything because I feel like I'll just throw it up anyway. Yuck. So I guess I'm at least gonna take a few days off and hope it doesn't screw me up too much.

Start out with crackers and ginger ale. Those usually work the best with crappy stomachs. It might help you balance out enough so you can move up to better food.

Back
Top Bottom