Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Unstable Anomaly. [A Borderlands 2 FF.]

DJBayview

Supernova
(Alright, soo, I haven’t written anything serious in years. Borderlands has re-awakened my somewhat sense of creativity. I wrote this on my phone, at work, and half-assed the editing when I got home. So uh, feel free to let me know what you think if you read it. -Shaun)

“Good fortune on those selling Hyperion stock today.” Said the sharp dressed man at the terminal, scanning his arm with a ‘Classy man’s molecular debris and blood transmogrifier’. He stabbed the center of the screen with a blue runed blade and took a step back with a ‘splish’. Frowning, he looked down at the puddle of blood under his black polished shoes. “Damn Hyperion guards, bleeding everywhere, getting my ‘killing shoes’ wet.” Running one hand through his bright green hair, he slicked it back and fished a device out of his purple pinstripe slacks. “I hear ‘ol boy Jack has been having some problems on Pandora with some meddling kids, and their little robot too.”

With a devilish grin he powered up the device, as it whirred into life, the scars on his right hand started darkening, first grey, then slowly to black. “It would be a shame if all his backups in the New-U system were to… Become… Corrupted.” An intense grimace of pain wracked his angled features as the device in his hand shot a blue beam to the blade sticking out of the terminal. As they connected a quiet distorted voice emitted from the device. “Good to see you Mr. Target.” A curt nod accompanied his reply, “Yes quite, Elizabeth. Come now, we shan’t dally too long.” Mr. Target let his baritone voice drop slightly with focused intent.

The device in his hands produced a small tube with a needle at the end, with another curt nod the needle plunged into Mr. Target’s arm, the tube quickly filling with a purple liquid that just ‘had’ to be his blood. Moments later the voice spoke again, “Simulating phase shift Mr. Target. Simultaneously corrupting data on all servers. Vector alpha, beta, Charlie, and delta corresponding in accordance with the director’s plans.” “Good, good. Elizabeth… Tell Mr. Jakobs the plan was successful and I will be heading back immediately.” Mr. Target said, a curved smile danced upon the corners of his lips despite the purple sludge pumping out of his arm. He grabbed the runed blade and broke the connection. Almost instantaneously a purple-black aura emanated from the device in his hand and Elizabeth’s voice cracked through, wavering slightly with concern. “Mr. Target, anomaly detected. I suggest bracing for… Anything.” Mr. Target barely responded with “Ohshi-” before the catatonic explosion left an impressive crater in the compound’s infrastructure.

“Sweet gun bro, welcome to The Colony craterman.” As Mr. Target struggled to look up, a boot’s heel descended upon his unfortunate face.

Back
Top Bottom