Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unthoughtful Consequences and Godmodding

rahatingt

Star
I just had a falling out with one prospective partner. The mistake was primarily mine as I look back and read my PM again. I most often write as if I'm talking to someone, spilling out things as they come and not thinking of consequences or the fact that I cannot explain away what I'm thinking when someone's reading my PM.

To explain what I meant is that, I had a game in the process of setting up with a new partner. Our interests and plot themes matched real well and despite my dog tiredness due to a very hectic schedule I was very much looking forward to the game. So in all brilliantness I quickly replied with some prospective outline for the game, some possible character model for her character and mine etc.

It was quite an innocent PM actually if you have played with me before. When I say things like that they are all my thoughts, an explanation of what the fantasy of the game as it come to me. My partners who know me already would counter with what they like or hate about it, or that they want everything to be a surprise. What the PM would come to for a new partner would be an attempt of god modding, forcing my wishes on her even if that wasn't the case at all.

My biggest attraction in a game is knowing that my partner is loving the premise and the writing. Against my surprise, I have found partners that have loved and enjoyed my writing and that has been a privilege. I personally believe that I write the best when a partner really clicks with my thoughts and give me post that simply inspires me beyond my own apparent capacity and I have always been grateful for those post, even though often enough I forget to acknowledge that.

So this post is an apology to the specific person and to others who have ever felt slighted by me but also to appreciate those who have inspired me time and again to go beyond myself.

Okay. You're forgiven. *gives you a snugly hug and squeezes your ass* But don't ever do it again. *shakes finger at you*

Back
Top Bottom