Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Hottest Forge (orcus/LeatrixSage)

Orcus

Star
"Looking for an apprentice" The sign said. It was bit of a shock to all who read it. Nolo was a well known for his skill as a smith, but the thought of him actually trying to teach someone...

The sign had been there for three days. A few had considered taking him up on his offer or sending their kids to learn a thing or two. None of it really worked out.

In all of Hundar Vally Nolo couldn't find one person willing to learn from him. He was much more talented at finding lovers. He was almost as well know for his skills in bed as his skills in the shop.

Nerwen hadn't been in town for long, but all she could seem to find for a job was the blacksmith. No one else was looking, but she had heard about the smith's reputation more than once already. She could enjoy being a smith and working with metal, but she was willing to be she would loath every second of learning from the Drow that ran the forge. Still, it didn't seem as if she had much of a choice. Taking a deep breath, she forced herself to walk inside, her sharp grey eyes jumping around the inside out of nerves.

"Hello?" she called out lamely, not seeing the smith anywhere readily available up front. She had heard that most smiths worked at night. They said it made it easier to see the colors changing in the heating steel. Perhaps he wasn't here yet. Nerwen smiled to her self, and stepped in a little further, taking a closer look around. What better way to learn this man than to inspect the place he worked? Although, what she expected to find, she really wasn't sure.

It didn't really look like a door but a piece of wall moved like one and a large shirtless Dark elf stepped out. There was a woman with him. She was in her thirties at least. Both were looking at the young woman who was in the forge.

Nolo stepped forward first. "I don't think I know you, young lady. What brings you here." He couldn't help but look her over even with the other woman there. The other woman who was leaving rather quickly.

Nerwen's eyes trailed a quick path over the impressive bulk of the Drow, shifting to land on the hurried woman. If she'd had to guess, she would bet she had to be married considering how quick she was to flee. She waited until the woman was gone before she turn her eyes back to the Drow. His were traveling down her form, cataloging and categorizing her figure, she was sure. The way his eyes lingered on the curve of her hips and the swell of her pert breasts just proved everything she'd heard about him thus far.

She waited until his eyes rose back to hers, and then all but glowered at him. "I was looking for work, you have a sign up out front for an apprentice. But, from what I just walked in on, I think perhaps I have made a mistake."

Her eyes went behind him to the panel that had proven to be a door. Weather she admitted it or not, she was curious what she would find on the other side.

Nolo scoffed and slammed the door behind him. "Well if you're not interested in the job than I'll just keep that damned sign up." He looked at the horizon. "It's almost time to get started." He picked up an armload of fire wood and tossed it into the forge. Before going back to the pile for another armload he picked up his flint stone and held it out for her. "If you get this fire started and work that bellows until it's hot enough, I'll give you enough coins to stay at the inn and get some food. Deal?"

She thought about it for a moment, and then snatched the flint out of his hand. "What would you give me to work the forge for a night?" she asked, gathering a bit of firewood in her free arm as well. "Obviously one night at an inn and one day of food isn't really enough." She followed his broad back, confident he would be heading to his forge and not his bedroom. At least, he seemed angry enough to not welcome her anywhere near that place. The idea made her grin. "And if," she started again. "If I stay and apprentice, what do you expect of me and what are you offering?"

Nolo grinned and grabbed up another bundle. "If you stay as my apprentice I'll expect you to learn. You listen to every word I say like it's holy doctrine, and carry out my will in this shop without question. In return I will teach you the most valued skill in the land." He tossed the wood into the forge with the rest of it. "Now start the damned fire."

Nerwen watched him curiously, one brow raised at an angle. She dropper her meager amount of firewood over what he had already placed in the forge, and then glanced around for kindling. She didn't see any readily available, and reached into a small pouch on her belt, taking out some dry grass and wood shavings. Making a little nest of it, she flicked the flint until it caught and then scooted it into the forge. Bending low, she blew at the small flames until they jumped and caught the pile of logs. The young flames spread quickly, but she stayed away from the bellows, the flames would only die away if she rushed too much air in too soon. Instead, she found the coal and started spreading it around the pile of wood. Coal burned hotter than wood, and she wondered if he had expected her to have tried making the wood fire alone hot enough to forge the steel.

She grinned softly to herself as she worked, pausing only once to draw her long hair back and away from her face. When the logs were burning bright, she scattered them over the coals, and then shuffled in a bit more. Once they started to glow, she left the fire to work the bellows. "What is the most valued skill in this land?" she asked out of the blue, curious as to what he had meant.

"Smithing of course. A smith makes every nail, pot, bar and flagon you see. People always need things that are made of metal. It may not always be a sword that with be spoken of in legends, but it will always be enough." He got up and inspected the fire. "If you'll remember. I told you to start the fire. You did a good job putting this together, but you didn't do it the way I said. If you intend to be my apprentice I'll expect you to do better."

Nolo picked up a large box and put it out of the way. He wouldn't be needing it tonight. After that he tied his apron on and started working on his first order. "Just work the bellows for now. I'll need you to get some water in a moment."

"You said get it started and work the bellows," Nerwen replied easily, her voice settling into a soft, musical accent as she began to relax. She glanced sideways at the Drow, recalling stories of his race and trying to fit this man in with the rest of his kind. Somehow, he didn't seem to fit the mold. Still... she watched him closely, unsure if she trusted him. "What is your name?" she finally asked, just realizing no one had actually told it to her.

"I'm Nerwen Séregon," she offered over her shoulder as she worked the bellows slow but steady, afraid of over working the fire. She supposed mistakes were expected from a new apprentice, but she would rather not make any if she could help it. "I'm new to Hundar Vally."

"My name is Master. That's what you call me if you're my apprentice." His voice was stern now as he was seating an ingot and beginning to shape it. It was too early to tell what he was making but he seemed to be splitting it into three pieces. "Go and get that water now. From the well just down the road. Fill one bucket to the top and another half way." He pointed to the buckets he intended for her to use.

"Master?" she repeated as she picked up the buckets, an obvious amount of disdain dripping through the word. She didn't wait for him to comment, but instead slipped out quickly. She took a deep breath as she left the forge. She hadn't realized how warm it was by the fire. Out at the horizon, the sun was sinking fast. It cast a warm orange glow over the city, briefly making it look much more like home.

Her stroll to the well was utterly uneventful. "One bucket full, one half," she muttered as she worked. Nerwen wondered if there was a reason for the difference or if the man was being difficult because she had annoyed him. It wasn't long before she returned, feeling the heat more noticeably now. "Here's your water," she sighed as she sat the buckets down. Without really thinking about, she rolled her sleeves back, trying to ease her discomfort. "One full, one half."

Nolo looked at the buckets and nodded. "Good." He had the ingot divided into three pieces now. He was making one longer now and curving it in a very strange way. The end result was 7" long and gust under and inch wide. "In this job you make all sorts of things. Sometimes it's a bejeweled sword, or an ornate candle holder, or something else entirely. Something that is best kept a secret. Do you understand?"

She found herself watching his broad back while he worked. She had seen a forge worked before, but elves were all lean, even the men. The intricate play of muscles across this man's back was... fascinating to watch.

"No," she answered honestly. Nerwen had shifted to take up space a few feet away from the Drow where she could watch what did without being too near to him. "I don't understand. What could you possibly be asked to make that would require secrecy?"

"Secrecy isn't required, but it does make this task easier. People tend to let their thoughts wonder. Even in such a free thinking land as this. I'll tell you more if you stay on and learn from me." He dipped one of them into water and placed it in a box. It was a long and thin piece of metal with a rounded end and a slight curve to it.

((P.S. it's a dildo :D ))

As he turned to put it in the box he spotted her looking at him. "You should be paying attention to the metal and how I treat it. If you want to look at me you'll have plenty of time for that later."

She felt her cheeks warm and refused to meet his gaze as she moved reluctantly closer to see his work. She kept a distance between them, but leaned close enough to peer down into the box where one piece had already been placed. Before, she could have blamed the heat of the forge for her blush, but now the color deepened and spread down her neck. Now she understood. Who wouldn't be ashamed of asking for such a thing?

Nerwen sniffed disdainfully as she straightened, turning her attention instead to the metal he was currently working. Despite the crudeness of it's form, his skill in creating it became more obvious by the minute. Her nose wrinkled in distaste, "Why would you craft such a thing? Judging by your skill, such a crude task is below you."

"Oh?" He continued to go about his work on the second one. This one looked different already. "If it were made improperly there could be blemishes. Metal blemishes tend to be sharp. Do you understand why someone would come to me for this?" He formed the piece into a shape that looked like several spheres connected by thin metal bars. Shaping these was a far more tedious task. "Besides. I like pleasuring women. I like knowing that I've given a woman pleasure. Sometimes that pleasure is delivered in a box."

"You're a leacher," she muttered, watching his tedious work with facisnation. "Here, I had thought you were just loosing a married woman from your bed earlier. Instead, you were taking her order?" She let the comment hang on the air, unsure as to just why the answer mattered? Perhaps if he hadn't been bedding the woman, then maybe he wasn't as bad a man as what he had been painted by others.

Nerwen moved around him, careful to stay out of the way, but still getting a better view. Watching him manipulate the metal into the long string of slowly growing beads prooved to be very interesting. Each peice was almost delicate, not something she expected to see. Of course, she hadn't expected a blacksmith to make anything like either one of these peices.

"How do you keep the metal from becoming brittal when you shape it into something so small?" she asked with an honest interest; for a moment forgetting what he was making and focusing on the skill he was teaching.

"I don't. Those bars are going to be turned into links. These are meant to be beads." He Snapped one of them and got started shaping the two ends into little loops. "And these aren't for the widow you saw before. Their for a virgin who wants to have fun now instead of waiting to be wed. That's all I'll have you know just now."

Nerwen's eyes jumped to his and then quickly away again. A virgin wanted these? She tried to imagion the cold, impartial metal being the first thing she felt and shuddered in silent horror. "Then you were sleeping with the widow." She latched onto his transgrations to distract herself from the strange turn her thoughts had taken. "Should I expect a regular flow of women that are just automatically sent to whereever it is that you sleep?"

It came out catty, sharper than she ment it to be, but she was becoming increaingly nervous and uncomfortable. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't understand the woman that wanted these. 'Better to be a virgin,' she thought.

"You have no idea what these are, do you?" He chuckled. "Her virginity wont be a problem." He went back to making links. "Women like me. I like women. Mind telling me what the problem is?"

"No, but I know what that is." she said as she motioned lamely toward the box on the floor. "And no matter where those go or how those work, that thing in the box only has one place to go." Nerwen felt her cheeks flame steadily hotter as she spoke and kept her eyes resolutely on anything but the Drow.

"There is no problem," she answered the rest after a moment. "I simply want to know how to do my job. If women looking for your attention will be an every day thing, I need to know so I don't insult your... your consorts." She didn’t know what else to call them. They weren’t his lovers, he didn’t love them, he just enjoyed them. “knowing what to expect and what your expect of me makes it easier for me to not get in your way or on your last nerve.” 'And,' she added silently, 'it lets me know exactly what kind of insanity I am walking into.'

"Well I don't see how you'll be getting in my way if you're learning by doing. Whatever may happen when we step away from this forge we're at work when we're here." He put his tools down. "My 'consorts' are nothing for you to concern yourself with unless you feel like becoming on." He placed the first five beads in front of her with some little links. "Bend these into licks and attach them together. Make sure they're nice and smooth."

Newren felt herself flush down to her toes and glowered at the Drow as he set a few things infront of her. She wanted to tell him that she would rather die, but decided it was better for her job, and possibly well being, if she said nothing at all. She also thought about asking him to show her how to contenue what had looked so easy while he had been working. Again, it seemed like a much better idea just to bite her tongue.

With a painful slowness, she took to the task. She couldn't match his speed or finesse and she knew it, so she didn't even bother attempting it. Instead, she focused on keeping each link smooth as she formed them. With something to occupy her hands, she soon forgot the Drow was even there, ingrosed in her task.

"That's good. Nice and smooth." He set the rest of the beads down in front of her with more links. "Do these just like you did those. This part's all about concentrating."

He stood up and stretched. "I'm going to go get us some food. I'll be right back. Do not go into my house."

Back
Top Bottom