Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunter and the Hunted

"She is."Spencer said shuddering a little at the idea frowning slightly."I...I don't know. I'm sure they are still somewhere, living together."she said looking worried before frowning harder."I think I have heard this...I wish I could remember where..."She said almost, almost understanding what was missing."Take a nap then sweetie."She muttered pressing a kiss to his hair.

Slate smirked a little before nodding."I know, but it was the only thing that still connects lilith to this world."he said before following the other, jogging to keep up sword in hand."Trist, are you sure you're not just letting your worry for spencer cloud your head?"he asked worried about his friend as they all followed tristan getting further and further away from everything.

he pondered and then nodded. "yes, i'm sure Gaia and Lilith are just fine." he agreed, yawning a little. "the Fey and the earth would be gone if they weren't... right?" he asked sluggishly as he smiled at her. "sweetie?" he asked, lifting an eyebrow at her. "...did you really just call me that?... really?" he asked with a snicker. "never been called that before." he admitted, sighing softly as he laid his head on her shoulder, and drifted off to sleep.

Trist shook his head. "of course i'm not!" he spat, annoyed. "shut up, your ruining my concentration! you know how much energy this takes." he growled as he sped up, his long, long legs forcing even Slate to have to jog to keep up. it took several hours, Tristan hissing in fury any time Slate tried to speak, by the time they got there, Tristan was barley walking he was so tired. tracking this way drained a lot of energy out of the blade god, and he always needed a good long nap afterwords. he groaned as he blinked, snapping out of the full trance he had been walking in for the last twenty minutes. so drowned in his own tracking that he had seen, and heard nothing, a sure sign that they where very close. Tristan hadn't even reacted when those three raiders had tried to attack them. "we're here." Tristan slurred, blinking at a black, black hole in the ground, like a cave. "'s down there..."

"Right.I'm sure theyre fine."Spencer said yawning as she snuggled into him."I did. Now shush."she said falling asleep herself.

Slate slipped a rm around tristn to make sure he stayed on his feet, looking little haggard himself after dealin with the raiders. Swallowing hard he looked t the blade's god, looking nervous."You wait here Trist. We dont need her to realize that your screwing her daughter."He teased hoping that if he upset the man, tht he'd be awake enough to deal with the woman that was surely pissed off at her confinment.

Tristan leaned into Slate a little, looking the other over, confused. "what happened to you?" he had been so out of it he hadn't even been aware of the last hour. he glared at the other and took a swing for the others face, but was too tired to come even close, he over shot by a full inch and he growled and turned away from Slate and jumped into the hole with a 'Fuck you Slate!'. the fall was about ten feet, and Slate landed effortlessly, his fury driving him despite his exhaustion. "damn.." the hole led into a massive tunnel that headed downwards, blinking slowly as he turned and glanced at Slate. "...cut off from all things in the depths of the earth... whoever imprisoned her was cruel..." he muttered softly as he hesitantly moved down the tunnels, looking for the cage, or bars, or chains, or something that held the Fey Mother imprisoned.

"Well, I had to save you oh master of the blades."Slate said snickering so amused that it worked like a charm. Smirking as he followed the man in he shuddered as the world closed around them."Cut off from all that is fey, all the wild things." "And all the tame things, which are mine to, to protect."Lilith said as she moved to the edge of the barred cage, the glimmering ice lighting her face, a girl child that looked both like spencer and mab, both older and younger. Both and none. She was kindred and kind."Blades master, knight. You are a long way from home."

Tristan rolled his eyes a little and shook his head as he watched the other shudder. it didn't bother him being cut off from the world like this, he wasn't connected to the earth like Slate was. "Lady Lilith..." Slate murmured, bowing to her before staggering after a wave of dizziness overtook him. luckily there was a wall close by, and he set his hand on it to keep his balance. "my apologies, it took a lot of energy to locate you, i'm a little..." he paused, looking for the right word before shrugging his shoulder. "we have come about your... daughter, Lady." Tristan admitted, blinking at her. "she is coming into her powers, and i fear for her sanity... you where the only person i could think of, who might know how to help her."

Slate swallowed hard as he tried not to think about how cut off he was, watching tristan with a worried frown bcause he so knew that he was going to get blamed by spencer if something happened to him."You okay?"He muttered. "He's fine, knight. Not nothing a rest will cure."Lilith said studying the men before laughing."She will never be sane, bladesmaster."

Tristan shook his head, shooting a glare at Slate. "yeah slate, i'm fine." he snarled before grimacing at Lilith's laugh. "she's never been sane... what i want to know..." he swallowed thickly and closed his eyes. "i want to know, if she's going to be functional... will she know me? will she know herself? will she be able to talk and laugh and still be able to be herself?" he asked, staring at Lilith, his eyes wide and worried. "is this... whatever it is... is she going to lose herself to it? and is there anyway to control it so that it doesn't hurt her? slow it down, manage it in some way?" he hesitated and then. "there's another... a boy... he's.. he's strange somehow... i think she's affecting him... or maybe he's affecting her, i don't know, but the Fey Kings and Queens where talking about it." Lilith would indeed know the boy he was talking about. she'd know him well, after all, there was only one reincarnation of the dead Gaia.

Lilith pursed her lips looking at the man thoughtfully, looking at slate amused before meeting tristan's eyes again."Get me out of here, bladesmaster. And I will answer whatever you want."She purred her fingers resting on the bars, shuddering at the mention of that."Let the boy take care of her bladesmaster. He will tke better care of her. And she will know hersel....somdays. Others..."Lilith spread her hands in a unknowing way, looking amused.

Tristan stared at her, his eyes narrowed darkly suddenly and he took a step backwards as he stared at her. "... i will not let Falin take care of her." he snarled, baring his teeth at her. "it is MY soul that has bonded to hers, MINE! you don't care about Spencer at all! your mad, not just mad your insane! you want to be set free by any means necessary, even if it means your daughters death! i will not set you free Mad God." he stated, staring at her with fury and power in his eyes. "and i will not let her loose herself! you can go fuck yourself!" and with that, he spun on his heal and fled... or he tried to, he was too weak to crawl back up out of the cave, and collapsed at the opening, staring up at the night sky with his chest heaving. he would not let Spencer suffer just because her mother was a bitch!

Lilith smirked a little as he got closer, "She will not know you bladesmaster."Lilith said laughing, her love andsofter emotions locked away by the very cage she was in, to twisted by her time there to want to be helpful."Get him out of here knight.He will not believe the truth until he sees it." "You are cruel, mother."Slate said bowing his head towrds the mother of the world before wrapping rm round tristan's waist and leaving with him.Swallowing hard before he twisted the world again, needing to get back to falin and spencer, yelping as the breach he made dumped them on falin's floor right at thitan's feet, the summer knight having been standing guard.

Tristan was crying when Slate came onto him and helped him back out of the hole. crying in deep sorrow for what he deeply wanted to deny. "she won't forget me... i can't let her forget me." he whispered, swallowing thickly. "what if she needs to be with Falin?... what if she needs him to survive!?" he demanded, panic and horror in his voice. he was crashing, and he was tired, his emotions where taking over, and by the time they got back to Falin and Thitan, Tristan was babbling incoherently, too exaughsted to keep functioning. "son of a bitch!" Thintan gasped, shocked as he bent down and scooped Tristan up and laid him on the bed next to Spencer. "what the hell happened Slate!? i've never seen him like this before..." and considering Thitan had seen Tristan's birth, that wasn't a good thing. of course, Tristan was young yet, for a god, barley three hundred years old, and he had never fallen in love before either.

Slate staggered looking exhausted himself before he staggered to his feet, amused that even asleep spencer turned from falin and cuddled int her bldesmaster. "Lilith refused to help. She's condemned her daughter to a life of not knowing Tristan."Slate said sighing softly as he watched spencer cuddle him."I don't think she will.even in her maddness, she'll know him."he said desperate for it to be true.

Thitan actually winced and helped Slate steady himself and shook his head. "of course she didn't help. it's part of the curse." he stated simply as he watched Spencer snuggling into Tristan. ".. even if she doesn't know him, i think she'll always love him." Thitan admitted simply. "...you didn't release her did you? Titanna was worried about that, something about ending the world..." Thitan admitted, looking worried. "The Queens think there's a way to lock Spencer's powers back up, using you, me, and both the Kings and Queens power combined." he admitted, shaking his head a little.

"I knew she was insane. I'd hoped that her love would outweigh what prison twisted."he said sighing softly before nodding."I think she will."He said before glaring at the other knight."I'm not you, I'm not stupid enough to release her."He said rolling his eyes."Now go away, I want to snuggle my monkey."He said snickering as he climbed in bed next to falin ignoring the fact that tristan and spencer were in bed with them. It wouldn't be the first time he slept in bed with them, and probably not the last.

Thitan shook his head. "i think... i think that the prison stripped her of her feelings... all she has is hate and anger..." Thitan muttered, looking at Slate before rolling his eyes a little. "don't call him a monkey!" he ordered before huffing as he left, Falin whining as he was shifted around, snuggling into the other, nuzzling the others belly. "mmm Slate... morning." Falin muttered softly. "i read a fun story." he muttered softly. "about the Three Goddesses... do you think that Lilith and Gaia are still alive?" he asked sleepily. "i hope so... it was a sad story." he muttered before drifting back to sleep, breathing softly as he rested from the ordeal of being brought back from the dead... and from healing as well. already, his chest was almost completely closed.

Slate tensed a little at that before looking amused."I'm sure they are."He muttered wrapping his arms around the other, snuggling into him as he drifted off to sleep.

In the morning Spencer yawned, yelping a little as she looked down at the man she was snuggling, punching him in the shoulder."Trist!Why didn't you wake me up?"She growled annoyed t him for not telling her right awy about him coming ome.

Tristan groaned as his eyes fluttered open. "'s tired." he slurred, still recovering from his tracking. Spencer had seen him in 'hangover' before, several times. he couldn't track things like she could, but he had tracked her on several occasions when she'd gotten into trouble. "i don't... 'member coming back." he complained. "fell 'sleep." he admitted slowly shifting as he rubbed his eyes and smiled at her. "how are you feeling?" he was starting to wake up, her presence aiding in his recover as Falin whined. "shut up... too loud... don't feel good." Falin whined, a small snicker coming through the room. "that's because every bit of your energy is going towards healing that gaping wound in your chest." it was Titanna with massive trays of food for them all. "Slate, Tristan, i need to speak to you when your feeling up to it."

"I don't care tristan!you should have told me."she muttered starting to cry because she was so relieved he was home.Slate snickered amused as he pressed a kiss to falins forehbead."go back to sleep.we'll stop being loud."he said standing slowly before looking at titiana."where would you like to speak my lady?"hye said bowing his head respectively

he smiled as he wrapped his arms tightly around her, kissing her temple before sulking at Titanna who chuckled. "after lunch perhaps?" she asked, her head tilted. "you know where to meet." she promised, winking at slate before skipping out of the room. there was only one place Slate would know, the Throne Room... not that Titanna ever actually used the room for it's intended purpose, she was too happy go lucky to sit in a throne and hold business meetings. she was probobly meeting in there, so no one would bother them. Tristan smiled and nuzzled Spencer's neck, smiling at her. "now why are you crying?" he asked, his head tilted a little. "Spencer? are you ok?" Falin asked sluggishly. "what's wrong?" he asked, confused as he woke up again, rubbing his eyes as he tried to sit up, grimacing as he hurt too much to manage it. "dammit.." he groaned. "i hurt all over.."

Spencer snifled a little before sighing."You're home, and you didn't tell me!"She sniffled so relieved so very relieved to have him home, that the sense of ending wasn't holding onto her anymore tha she was crying like her heart had broken. Slate snickered a little as he sat on the edge of the bed."Shes fine just overwhelmed.Now rest, you're still healing, falin."He ordered.

he shook his head. "i was unconscious, yell at Slate! he's the one who brought me here!" Tristan complained, kissing her forehead. "i'm sorry love." he muttered softly. "i didn't mean to worry you." he murmured softly, stroking her hair as he tried to sooth her. "it's alright, i won't have to leave for some time now, i promise." he muttered softly, peppering kisses all over her face as Falin wrinkled his nose. "don't wanna sleep." he complained, sulking. "i'm not healing." he complained. "Slate, i want a kiss... Thitan is annoying... he set me on fire." he complained, leaning up, wanting his kiss and informing Slate that Thitan had indeed tried to seduce Falin. tried, and failed.

Spencer sniffled sighing softly as she let him sooth her, wrapping a arm around his waist as he cuddled her. Looking so very happy to be with him. "He seduced you again?"Slate growled bending to kiss him slowly before raising his head."Stay here with Spencer and tristan. I'm ging to go eviscirate a knight."He growled heading for the door, his usual rivalry with the summer knight running hotter than normal now.

Tristan chuckled a little as he kissed Spencer, turning to Slate. "don't kill Thitan." he ordered. "we need him yet." Falin grumbled a little as the other left, but settled into his bed for more sleep, saying nothing to stop Slate. Thitan was sitting in the garden, staring up at the blue, blue sky, and he turned to look at Slate. "yeah, i thought you'd be coming." he admitted shaking his head. "don't worry... Falin already tried to take my balls off... i won't be bothering him again." he promised, sounding rather sad about it. it was clear that Thitan was lonely. the Knights of the Fey Court usually where... but Thitan had been the Summer knight, for much longer than Slate had been the Winter. Thitan was almost twice as old as slate, and had much longer to grow so very weary of existence. "i'm tired Slate..." Thitan admitted simply. "and my power is dimming..." and that, wasn't a good sign. it meant that there would be a new summer knight soon.

Slate loked startled as he realized what was wrong. Looking so bewildered at the sudden change of emotions he frowned s he sat down next to thitan, looking calm, his heart aching at the idea of the knight dying. While they could never get long, or being friends truly, ust because of their nature of being opposites, after almost a thusand yeas he'd mourn even a enemy, and despite everything, thitan wasn't a true enemy, just a rival."I...I could..."He trailed off because he couldnt bring himself to offer to kill him, to put him out of his misery even if the man wanted him to, because it felt like he'd been gutted at the thought of thitan being gone

Back
Top Bottom