Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yamato x Swagbeast (Wesgijinuit)

yamato77

Meteorite
Today was to be an important day. Today was the day Kluskap was to meet with the people who came from the vast waters. They had proposed to trade with him, that he give them him his precious moose furs in exchange for some kind of cold, sharp weapon. He was suspicious of these people, unlike his brethren who were mostly enamored with their exotic attributes. Their shiny metals and bright colors mesmerized many Mik'Maq, but Kluskap was not as easily distracted. Many of their faces communicated a sense of opportunistic behavior, and his people were ripe for exploitation.

As a result of this suspicion, Kluskap did not take this meeting lightly. Over his lithe, muscular frame hung a long robe suitable for the harsh conditions of the winter in the land of the Mik'Maq people. Underneath this protective layer was a long spearhead, evidence of his apprehension of these aliens. Kluskap was a practical man; never one to leave his wigwam without a solution to a potential problem. The best hunters were always the best prepared.

As he left his dwelling, Kluskap questioned the nature of these foreign people. They had came across the seas of the west, and now settled in Mik'Maw lands. Why were they here? Why should he help them survive the harsh winters of these lands by trading valuable moose furs? What do they have to offer to him, a great hunter and leader of his people? Are they even worthy of meeting with?

This, and much more, troubled his mind as he trod through the deep snow to the meeting place. Once they arrived at the stream that marked the site, Kluskap arranged the furs he hand brought along in a neat row, from largest to smallest. Not long after, the "Acadians", as they were called, appeared, and strode toward them. He muttered to his translator, "Tell them that I welcome their coming, and that these are my offers to trade."

The translator repeated this in their language, and the sound of the Acadian voices responded. Kluskap studied their faces intently, hoping to gain insight. Hopefully the events of this trade would enlighten him to their origins, their culture, and most importantly, their intentions. If they proved dangerous, as he feared, he would be one of the few Mik'Maq people who would resist their advances. He must stay vigilant.

[OOC: I hope this is somewhat similar to how you envisioned it. Let me know if there is anything you wish to change.]

Back
Top Bottom