Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Try To Fit In (RoryXLemondrop)

lemondrop

Moon
He might have seemed like the type of guy that could fit into any situation, anywhere. Jules was smart, he had a sweet smile and when he warmed up to you he could even be charming. He was handsome, he stood at a good 6 feet, he had dark, curly hair that went to his shoulders, dark olive skin, freckles and bright brown eyes. But he was a broken sort of man, he was having trouble getting himself in the right spot in his new band (which, don't get him wrong, he loved). Still, though, the hole in his chest was there. Miles had been everything he'd wanted, the man had been perfect... in a way. Sure, he had his flaws, he had wanted to keep them a secret. But, alas, one could only deal with secrets for so long. Jules couldn't help it, he had wanted Miles to accept him openly.. or not at all. He had gone to Miles that day with confidence, certain that the man would choose him over pride. But he hadn't. And so Jules left and by some sort of luck, managed to find himself in another band. Sure, he was a bit of a stuttering fool, but when he sang... oh, it was much like an angel singing. That night had been a good night at rehearsal and Jules had decided to stay behind a little while, staring at a piece of paper while he quietly hummed their newest song in his head.

He sighed to himself, leaning back in the soft chair to look at the ceiling. He was quiet, gently chewing on his lip as he felt the old, familiar feelings flood him. Feelings that just.. weren't there anymore. Feelings that left a hole in his heart, so the man started to quietly hum to himself. He closed his eyes, hands going to his pockets to find a cigarette (he'd been smoking more and more lately). He put the fag between his lips, lit it and inhaled. He held it, then sighed, his eyes opening. His lips were turned down in a sort of frown and the man finally sat up. No, he just needed to forget about Miles. He had a new life now, a new... family, so to speak. His eyes then were trained on the paper that was before him and he started to quietly sing the lyrics to himself.

"No, I'm sorry but we already have that position filled...also even if we didn't already let someone fill the only opening we had, you would't have made it, you sound like a duck choking on a frog while it's being strangled by big foot." The young pink haired girl stared at the boy before her before bursting into tears and running off. "Bye, I hope you never show your ugly face around here and you'll be bald by the time you're thirty!" He yelled out after her and smirked as he waved at her fleeing shape, perfectly full Cupid bow shaped lips turned up hiding pearly white teeth behind them. Rory wasn't some who people liked all that much, he wasn't nice nor did he try all that much. It wasn't like he was all that mean either, he was just brutally honest to everyone and anyone he met.

His motto was: 'If people didn't want to be told the truth that they should stay away from him.' He wasn't going to sugar coat anything, it only made the truth more bitter in the future. The young boy was only seventeen yet had the pain and experiance of a man twice his age, yet he didn't even look his real age. Standing at only five feet and five inches, he was short, really short. It could be blamed on a medication he took when he was thirteen to help his lungs develop, he'd been born pre-mature so he'd always had problems with it. The medication worked, yet soon enough his parents found...er...complications. The medicine started making Rory develop not only slower, but took a more feminine turn; it wasn't until he started getting breast that his parents finally took him to a doctor.

The medication was the one to blame and quickly he was pulled off it, but a little too late. Rory had already missed a few very important growth spurts and the feminine features could only be fixed with plastic surgery which was really expensive and he didn't have the money for it.
So Rory grew up dealing with it, a good amount of fighting and setting fear into others got him through school and even some guys actually started falling for the pretty faced boy, which he rejected and scared off with his brutal honesty.

Rory's large and expressive almond shaped silver eyes looked around as he stretched, today was tiring and he just wanted to go out, eat dinner and go home. His mother was away on business, she had yet to get over the death of her husband and Rory felt bad yet he couldn't feel any pain for his father's passing. The young boy messed with his hair, it was relaxed and came down to his shoulders in wispy layers, because of his mother being half albino, Rory's hair was a rather pale blonde color a few shades away from white. His skin wasn't all that better, it could be compared to that of a china doll's in color and texture, smooth and almost flawless.

"Well people die all that time." He muttered to himself as he leaned back in his chair, he got up and walked out of his father's study as he headed to the garage, a nice hot dinner would really hit the spot and he knew just where to go.
The young boy was dressed in rather comfortable clothes, his sense of fashion was rather random, it always depended on his mood.
A jet black hoodie, faded jeans with thread bare knees, and gray converse.
He was half way down the stairs when he heard someone, he wondered who in the world was still here, Rory turned on his heel as he kept walking, he nippled on his left angel bite as he walked. His ex use to call him a pin cushion because of Rory's numerous piercings. Angel bites, a nose ring stud, two piercings on each ear, a tongue ring, eyebrow ring, and a belly button ring. The last one was a dare and he got four good amps from it, it was either a navel piercing or a prince Albert, Rory wasn't all that keen about having metal on his dick.

"What are you still doing here?" Rory asked as he noticed the new guy, he'd only been here for two rehersals. "Don't you have a family or a life?" He asked as he walked closer to the older man, Rory smirked slightly as he heard the beautiful voice, he had to admit it was rather beautiful. The band needed a male voice, Rory's voice was too...er...girly. I was husky and slightly deep yet it didn't sound like a man, it was gender neutral. Rory stopped as he watched him, he was glad to have found such a voice.

Jules snapped out of it, he quieted when the younger boy appeared. He stared at him for a moment, he looked at the piercings for a moment before looking away. He'd wanted piercings before, but hadn't found it in himself to actually get them. Maybe one day he'd stop being a pussy and grow up. Maybe... maybe he could man up to Miles. He could tell him off. "Er, I... I was just, ah, just," he motioned to the music in his hands. "Going over... stuff, you know? Just... I didn't... didn't want to screw it up," he gently chewed on his bottom lip, slumping in the chair. He didn't understand how the kid managed to end up being so... fierce, sometimes. He was kind of like a little banty rooster, acting tough even though you were small. He could respect it, though. Jules was twenty-two (twenty-three in a few days) and he was still going around messing in little bands.

Still, it was fun. He loved it and maybe he'd get famous enough one day to make something of himself. To do it for a career, instead of his stupid desk-job.

"I.. no, not. Not really. I mean, I work... but not... not really," he fiddled with his fingers, unable to look up from his black-painted nails. "I can leave, though, if you, ah. If you want, I don't... didn't meant to be an, ah, I mean, a bother," he stood, feeling awkwardly tall compared to the shorter boy. And maybe a little overdressed, too. Jules liked to wear his button-up, long sleeve shirts and jeans. And a tie, of course, you couldn't look classy without a tie. He looked over to his bag, which didn't have much of anything in it. Mostly papers, his phone, wallet (he didn't like to have them in his pockets while he sang), so went over to it and picked it up. "Sorry, I'm... didn't mean to," his face was a little red.

Rory raised an eyebrow as he looked at the older man acting all nervous and scared around the younger boy, Rory lightly shook his head as he looked back at him. "Could you please stop acting like I'm going to bite your head off any moment, you made it into the band which means you're now part of the family, so relax." Rory replied as he resisted the urge to roll his eyes at him, the younger of the two glanced at Jules, the man was very handsome.
In a very strong and manly kind of way that would make girls go crazy over him and throw themselves onto him like rag dolls. "One; it's not possible for you to screw up, you're voice is the best I've heard in a very long time-" Rory spoke as he held up one black nail polished finger and kept speaking. "Two; you should really go since I'm heading out as well, and three...why don't you come have dinner with me, my treat." Rory said with a slight smile, his wallet was safely placed away in his pocket along with his phone and IPod. "I'm heading to Ms, M's Cafe; the food is really good and the people are pretty nice as well...that is, unless you have to get home to your girlfriend."

Rory really wanted to know if the new singer was taken or now since sometimes, not all the time, girlfriends ended up wrecking everything up for the band. Which was why the guitarist and drummer weren't in a relationship yet, they were put to pick betwee their girls or the band and they picked the band. The young boy snapped out of it as he looked up to the singer before slightly smiling once again, maybe, just maybe, this could be fun.
"So...what do you pick, you want to go out to eat with me or are you going to head home to your girlfriend?"

"Right.. right. I'm sorry," he took a breath, then sighed. The younger boy told him that his voice was great, so Jules just smiled. When he was asked to dinner, it clearly caught him off guard. He seemed hesitant, not sure if he should or not. Really, though, what would it hurt? Certainly not then. And he did need to get to know Rory better (he felt like getting on the boy's bad side wouldn't do well in his favors). "I don't have a girlfriend," he hadn't ever had a girlfriend, really, but he wasn't about to come out of the closet just then. It might have been a surprise, though, the man seemed like the type of person that could get any girl.

"And yeah.. I've heard of Ms M's," he hadn't ever been there, "And I.. I'd love to go to dinner," he said with confidence. He shifted the bag, putting the strap over his shoulder.

Rory smiled as Jules accepted his invitation, he was glad the older man hadn't decided to leave him, he got bored very, very easily. "Good~" He said happily as his smiled widened slightly and he fingered the keys in his pocket, lookin back up, Rory's mind wondered as he thought about all the naughty and nasty little things he wish he could do to Jules. The younger boy never did look for a relationship, just a good little tumble from time to time, his heart had hardened from last time and now he wasn't going to let himself fall in love ever again.
The younger boy unknowing was frowning to himself as his mind wondered, it was rare times like these that he forgot to cover up his emotions and let them leak out from the cracks of his mask. The cold, smiling mask he forced himself to wear day in and day out. Finally Rory snapped out of it and smiled at Jules as if nothing were wrong, he turned on his heel. "Come on, let's head out." Rory walked over to his motorcycle and got on, he grabbed an extra helmet and threw it to Jules. "Put it on and get on, I'm starving."

Unlike Rory, Jules had not hardened his own heart. You could heal and you could move on-- something the man stuck true to. He was happy in that 'healing' phase for now, he had his own life to figure out. The boy looked a little.. out of it. "You al--" he was cut off by Rory telling them to go on out. Deciding to leave it be, he followed Rory to his... motorcycle. He managed to grab the helmet, awkwardly holding it in his hands. After a moment he finally put the helmet over his curly hair and fastened it neatly under his chin. He stepped over the bike, his warm hands situated on the boy's side.
Or, at least until they went, which is when he ended up wrapping his arms around Rory and closing his eyes until they got to the cafe.
Even if he still held on when they stopped.
Opening his eyes, Jules huffed and got off of the bike. He unfastened the helmet and handed it to Rory. "Heh, that was my, ah, my first time on a bike," he managed out.
Sure, it was scary... but it had also been fun.

Rory could help but softly laugh at the older man's reaction to being on the bike, it wasn't even that good of one and couldn't go as fast as Rory wished it could. "Well, I hope you enjoyed it. It sure seemed like it from the way you were holding me like a baby chimp." Rory replied as he took the helmet and opened up the storage compartment on the bike, and placed it in here. He would take his with him into the cafe, Rory placed the keys into his pocket and walked off to Ms. M's, he was ready to eat a whole cow if he could.

The younger boy glanced back at Jules and resisted the urge to roll his eyes, it seemed to him that the ride on the bike was a little too much for his new singer and Jules was still out of it. "Come on, the road is starting to look like a proper meal to me right now." He muttered, Rory grabbed Jules hand and started walking with him, the younger boy smiled to himself. Why was it so much fun to mess with newbies? Who really knew the answer, Rory sure didn't and he didn't care. He kept walking with a slight grin on his face, oh this was going to be a lot of fun!

Back
Top Bottom