Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How Can I Help You? (Candira/Vengir)

Rayne had arrived as he did at work. his car parked from the bar, he stepped out and walked, knowing no one would want to park further away. walking closer and closer, he noticed a rather beautiful woman in front of the door. hope she's here with someone spe-woah. his mind finally registered the beauty as his manager, Cora. as he walked up to her, his eyes were open with surprise.

"Wow. You look great." was this a date? should i have dressed up? what if someone from work finds out, they might think we're dating! Rayne flashed her a nervous smile. she could see it in his eyes, he liked her outfit.

Ordinarily, she wouldn't have gotten quite so dressed up for an outing with a friend. After all, it was just a casual encounter. But after the call she'd just been so excited to be out and about with another human being that she'd gotten a little too keyed up. Hopefully, it wouldn't be weird. It probably would, but a woman could dream, right? Sighing she continued to wait for Rain to show up, and when he did, he appeared to be in shock. Apparently, she still had it.

A bright smile graced her face as he complimented her. "Well, thanks. I know it's kinda fancy for a spur-of-the-moment type thing, but I felt like dressing up a little. I'm normally stuck in the store uniform, so it's nice to get dolled up. I'm glad it worked." She chuckled and caught the look in her eye that told her exactly how much he liked it. It was both flattering and a little surprising.

"Well, shall we go in?" she asked with a shrug.

Rayne's only response to her confession was, "It certainly did." he almost couldn't believe how beautiful she looked. because of the store uniform, it didn't show her curves too well, and she couldn't wear much makeup, but tonight she just looked gorgeous. At her question he gave a simple nod and followed her in. he was still incredibly surprised by her beauty. his cheeks had begun to tinge a slight pink look. his boss, the one who was often regarded by his co-workers as a witch, was one of the most beautiful women he had met. All he could think about was, is she real?

She found a nice table for the two of them and quickly claimed it since poor Rayne seemed to have a melted brain. "You okay? Is this weird? Seeing me like this, I mean." If he was uncomfortable here with her, she should just leave. The last thing she wanted was to make things weird between them--after all, he was her only friend at work. What must he think of her? Frowning, she looked down. "If it is, you don't have to stick around. I understand..."

He seemed to snap together as she offered him to leave. he quickly shook his head and took her hand, holding it gently. "No! No, it's fine, it's just.." his words seemed to trail, trying to think of what to say to make her understand. "I..I can't describe how beautiful you look..." his words trailed again, but this time because his cheeks were bright red. why did he just say his boss was so beautiful?!

He glanced around the bar and took mental notes of the fire exits before turning his attention back to her and, with just a glance, kept his cheeks bright red. "S-so, what made you feel like hanging out tonight?" he asked, trying to get his mind out of her bra and the conversation off her.

Suddenly, Rayne had her hand in his, scrambling for some kind of excuse. The excuse he used--her beauty--made her blush a little. "Th-thanks," she mumbled. Hard to believe that someone would think she was so pretty, let alone worthy of hanging out with and yet have so little to say. He still held her hand as he looked around the room and...was that a blush? He was turning red! Well at least she wasn't the only one. The poor guy stumbled over himself as he started to ask why she'd wanted to come out with him.

"Huh...Well, I was bored sitting at home, and I remembered that you said you didn't have any plans--well besides what your normally do. I just wanted to get out and do something fun, that's all." Gently, subtly she took her hand from his and placed it under her chin, leaning forward a bit across the little table. "How come you agreed?"

when she withdrew his hand, his eyes went to it, and he withdrew his hand. clearly he had overstayed the hand holding. as she asked why he agreed, his blush seemed to fade, if only slightly. hopefully they wouldn't stop talking, so he could get his mind away from her beauty. As much as he'd like to stare at her beauty...he should never stare at her beauty.

"How come?" he glanced up, but simply shrugged and looked back down at her. "I Don't have any homework this weekend, so why not enjoy a night with a friend?" he gave a small smile, almost happy with his own answer. "what are some things you like to do for fun?" he asked, his eyes and smile innocent. he had no clear intentions with her, that was obvious.

He seemed to recover a bit when she had her hand back. He seemed to have a hard time settling down, but she imagined he was just nervous because she'd gotten all dressed up...and she was his boss. As he answered, however, he just called her a friend. It made her smile to know that even if he did think of her as his boss, she was a friend first.

"Hmm, I feel like we talked about this before. I guess I can think of other things to tell you about though." She paused for a moment to do just that. "Okay, I like swimming and I'm girly enough to admit I love to shop--especially in a kitchen store. They just always have the neatest stuff. And I like to cook, too. Not sure how good I am, but I like everything I make, so that's good, right?" She smiled at him and tilted her head a little, fiery locks moving with her.

"How about you? Anything to add to the list you gave me before?"

"What's so girly about liking to shop?" he commented, giving a playful smile. "you like to shop for kitchenware. I like to shop the latest technology. Is my shopping less girly then yours?" he stuck his tongue out for a moment to show he was just playing. "i've noticed with some foods, having it warm or cold makes a big difference in taste."

When she asked about his hobbies, he brought his hands together, holding them together. "I have two hobbies. I like to watch old movies and see how they were back then compared to how they're made now. My second hobby is to "cook"." with the word cook, he used his hands for quotes. "Every once in awhile, i'll find something on the internet, like homemade chicken cordon bleu, and just make it the next night. see if i like it.

She smiled, appreciating the way he viewed shopping and cooking. "Well, there's nothing wrong with that. I do the same thing. And I like older movies too. Maybe we could see one sometime. Have you ever been to the historic theater?" she asked, watching him. It was nice to find out what they had in common.

"I didn't know know we had one. We should go see one sometime, i've always wanted to see one of the older movies in a theater." Rayne almost seeemed to be lighting up, one of his hobbies enjoyed by someone else. "Do you know what movies they're playing this week?" he asked, his fascination with the theater growing fast.

"Not off the top of my head. I don't go there often because I don't like to go by myself. But they do have a website," she said, taking a small pad and pen out of her purse. She scribbled the site down for him and tore the sheet off. "If you go there, they have their schedule up and any specials for that week or month." She smiled and then tucked the little pad and pen away. "If you see something you'd like to go out and watch, give me a call and I'll go with."

Cora was glad they'd settled on this new topic. It was nice to talk about something she had in common with him instead of something she'd come up with on the spot. Now they had a whole avenue of older movies to talk about.

((So, what else do we want to do with this scene?))

as the sun began to fade into the horizon, more people came to the bar. some for drinks, others for recreation. As the place gathered more customers, Rayne's eyes couldn't help glancing at the people dancing. It would be fun..maybe.. He kept his ears on her, but every so often he couldn't help glancing over. He really wanted to..but... after a few glances, his smile seemed to fade just slightly, thinking about why he wouldn't dance.

Cora was having a nice time, sipping on a hard lemonade, because why not? It was nice to know that she had a friend in Rayne and they shared similar interests. She'd been watching him glance out at the dance floor, somewhat amused that he wouldn't ask her. It seemed like he wanted to join in the fun, so why not ask? Was it because she was his boss? Well that seemed silly to her. Besides, it's not like they were going to have sex or anything--just a nice little dance. It would be fun.

"Hey, wanna take me for a spin on the floor? Just one dance?" she asked with a pretty smile. Maybe her slightly dressier appearance would talk him into it. If his mumbling and fumbling earlier that evening was any indicator, he'd have a hard time saying no.

Rayne turned to her as she asked, almost shocked she asked. it must of been obvious it was on his mind. "Actually I-" He stopped as he looked at her smile. He was the same at work. When someone called in sick, he would get ready to say no, but eventually say yes. "I-I guess one dance couldn't hurt.." he was studdering again, her beauty convinced him against his better judgement. slowly he rose from the table, and held out a hand for her.

(why is it i almost encourage my characters to dance, when i have NO idea how people "dance". bars, formal events, or just between two people, i have no idea how i should have him act! >.< )

((Well, it's supposed to be a jazz bar with live performances, so we'll just say there's a slow jam--that way all he has to do is hold her and sway.))

Just as he accepted, holding his hand out to her, a new singer took the stage to serenade the crowd. "And now, we're going to take it down a notch, folks. Enjoy this sweet melody..." And then the woman began to sing in a beautiful alto voice. The band playing for her played a slow, haunting melody, sure to lodge into anyone's mind. Cora was sure it made Rayne a little nervous, but she didn't mind. It would be nice to hold someone for a little while.

So she took his hand in hers and stepped onto the dance floor with him, standing close as she put her arms around his neck. "This isn't so bad, right?"

The song wasn't what was making Rayne nervous. his hands went to her hips as he slowly danced with her. he glanced around at those around them, but when he looked at her eyes, he gave a nervous smile. "Y-Yeah.." he replied, slowly relaxing. he kept his pace with her and smiled, his attention once again fully devoted to her face. his nervous smile remained, a constant reminder that, whatever made him uneasy was still nearby.

"Something bothering you? You don't have to be nervous, silly. You're just dancing with a friend. There's nothing wrong with that, right?" She smiled at him again and moved with him to the song they were playing. The singer was very talented and though the song was coming to an end, the crowd would definitely want more.

Rayne smiled more, but his nervious tick wasn't leaving. "I-It's not that i'm dancing with a boss...We're friends, friends dance...It...It's something else..." he said, his body growing tense as the music was beginning to end. he liked dancing...especially with her...but the closer the music came to an end, the more panic seemed to sit in with him.

"Huh? What's bothering you? You can tell me. Maybe I can help?" she asked, looking up at him. He wasn't much taller than she was--especially since her shoes boosted her up a good three inches. Still, she had to look up at him to really take in his face. It was kind of nice. But she wondered why he was so nervous about dancing with her. "Are you alright, Rayne?"

"The last time i danced with someone was at Prom...When they-" His words were cut off by the sound of the singer calling out. "Light boy, show me the cute couple dancing near the middle!" Suddenly there was a spotlight on Rayne and Cora, which caused Rayne's eyes to grow wide. "Look at those two! aren't they just the cutest?!" the singer pointed them out which caused the others around them to cheer at them. Rayne however, panicked and ran for the closest exit. all the cheering..all the laughter...he couldn't handle it. he couldn't let it happen again.

"Go get him girl!" the singer called out to Cora. "That man is too cute to let go!"

Surprised, she blinked as the bright light found them, Cora let go in the confusion. Rayne was off and running, and the next thing she knew, she was alone on the dance floor. She managed to see him running out of the bar. Not entirely sure what was happening, she left some money for her tab and slipped into her coat as she ran after him. So it wasn't that he was nervous about being with her, it was because he was nervous about dancing in general.

She made it outside, looking right and left for him. "Rayne?" she called out, hoping he would answer. Obviously, he was upset, and she needed to figure out what had happened so she could help fix the situation.

"Ma'am?" the bouncer at the door grabbed her attention, and pointed at the nearest dumpster. "He went behind the dumpster." he explained, assuming she was the one involved with the sudden bolting of the door.

In the corner, Rayne was huddled down, his arms wrapped around his legs as he let his fear roll from his eyes and down his cheek. This was the first time Rayne had cried for awhile, and when Cora came around the corner, he glanced up at her, but soon closed his eyes.

She blinked at the bouncer, but thanked him as she found her way to the other side of the dumpster in question. Sure enough, there was Rayne and he was freaking out. She could swear he was crying. Poor thing! Instantly worried, she crouched down next to him--quite a task in heels--and put her hands on his shoulders. "I don't know what's wrong, but you're clearly upset. It doesn't look like you're hurt physically, so that's good." She sighed and watched him for a moment. "Come on. Let's go somewhere a little nicer than this, kay? I'm not parked far from here. We'll sit in my car and talk about it. With that, she pulled a packet of tissues from her purse and handed them to Rayne.

Rayne looked up at her as she spoke, and slowly nodded. sliding up from the floor, he wiped his eyes and walked with her towards her car. as they grew close to other people, Rayne insinctively began to cling to Cora. his arm wrapping around hers, he hugged it close to his chest, needing someone he could trust. "...I'm sorry..." he muttered softly as they walked to her car, ashamed of himself for doing what he did.

Back
Top Bottom