Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I'm not Always Alone

'I couldn't take anymore, the life I lived was no life at all. No friends, no family besides my stepfather. And even then I rather have nothing at all. My body broken and beaten, My eyes burning from the endless shedding of tears. I didn't know where my feet lead me. Only that I finally had an opening to escape and I took that chance.'

Eve was breathing heavily as she gazed out over the large expanse of water beneath the bridge where now she stood. Her heart racing within the tight confines of her chest. she knew why she stood her. Her slender hands gripping tightly onto the thick cold railing. Her knuckles growing white. Honey Brown eyes gazed out to the twinkling lights of the city. She knew she had to end this. End her life in order to escape this life, and pray she would be reborn in another one more suitable.

A crisp fall breeze wrapped around her, making her shudder more, tears bit endlessly at her eyes, as sobs raked through her body. The only way. And at the moment the only thing delaying her was the coldness that wrapped around her aching body. Her blond hair ruffling upon the breeze. Her thin night gown revealing a lot of pale flesh. That was marred with bruises, that tainted her skin in horrid coloring. arranging from yellows, purples,blues and blacks. horrified coloring.

Closing the honey sets she began to pull herself up onto the ledge of the railing. Every muscle within her lithe and feminine frame working.Pulling in protest. there was no one that would miss her. None, and the only thought that came to mind was to join her late mother.With a small sigh she rocked on the ledge, bathed in nothing but moonlight and a street lamp. Nothing else, Not even the headlights of vehicles. Everyone would be at home sleeping for the morning rush to work. How long would it take for someone to realize that she was gone, would they find her body when she was passed, or would the lake swallow her up. cringing she squeezed her eyes shut. One hand using the lamp post to keep her steady. could she really do this? Fear was already eating at her/

Eric ran a hand through his ink black hair smoothing it back the autumn wind rippled his long coat as he walked across the bridge his gold flecked green eyes looked up at the moon as his breath misted before his face on every exhale. He was tall and well built it was another lonely night for him and he wondered why he bothered, he came upon a streetlamp and saw a girl holding onto it. She was beautiful blonde hair blowing in the wind he didn't know how he knew but he knew what she was thinking and what she meant to do. He strolled up and stood behind and to her side, he let out a loud whistle as he looked over the rail. "That's a long way down." he said as he smiled up at her he could see the bruises and that filled him with a rage against who ever had marred her soft skin. "The water must be freezing on a night like this." he said keeping his tone friendly his green gold flecked eyes meeting hers.

"I know what your planning and I know you must feel it's the right thing to do but please don't. I really wouldn't want to miss out on getting to know you." he said his face twisted with sadness as he offered her his hands. "Please, will you join me for coffee?" he asked smiling up at her and offering his hand, he cared for some reason and that meant more to him than anything that had come before.

She hadn't seen him approach. Not till he gave a low whistle, and his voice catching upon the wind. Startling her. A frown marred her pale lips, she was cold and it was evident, just by her coloring. Her Honey sets grew wide as she gazed down at him. Before looking to the moon. Sighing softly before she allowed her eyes once more to travel. this time looking down to the water she knew was cold as ice. "Thats the point." Her voice was small, but within it held traces of annoyance that he would try stopping her. Why would he care what she did with her life? It was hers to see as fit with. He was smiling at her. But all she could or would do was stare at him. Her breathing low and quiet though trembled as she fought the urge to let her teeth clatter together. "It's what I am counting on. Long fall and cold water, would make for a quick death I am sure" She stated on a soft breath looking away from him Closing her eyes.

Another cold wind wrapped around her making her legs tremble. Her night gown being thin material, thin strapped baring slender shoulders, the gown caress the soft skin above her knees. She was already cold. "You don't know me, why would you care on getting to know me. Just leave me alone."She nipped at him. she didn't want his help or did she? he was the first in a long time to even notice her.Even if he only wanted to know her as a friend. Eve brought her eyes to his hand, before shifting to his own set. Her lips pursing thinly before she gave a soft sigh.

What harm would it be spending one night with a strange man before giving into the cold water. Shifting from where she stood balancing on the railing. "Okay" It was all she said as she reached for his hand. the slight movement mixed with the brush of wind made her legs give out, sending her backwards to the water. Her hand gripping onto his as she released a surprised cry.

He caught her as she cried out gripping it with all his strength, he gritted his teeth as the strain made his shoulder ache. She wasn't very heavy but still it was hard to hold her, "I've got you." he grunted as he began to pull her up once she was high enough he used his free hand to grab hold of her waist and pull her over the railing with a great heave. As he leaned back he lost his balance and he fell backward with her on top, his heart was pounding against his chest and he knew she could feel it as he panted from his heroics. "Let's not do that again...ever." he said laughing as he sat up. He removed his coat and wrapped it around her, "Let's get that coffee or Coco sounds better." he said up close she was even more beautiful and he felt something he never thought to feel for someone he had only just met. He stood up and offered her a hand up. The cold wind seemed not to effect him as it ran over his t-shirt and jeans clad body.

her spared hand clawed at the side of bridge, in desperate attempts to get better leverage. She stared wide eyed up at him. Her breathing erratic as he slowly drew her up. Did she truly want to perish?Yes... No..Maybe.... She didn't know but at the moment when he pulled her up and over the ledge of the bridge. She stumble forward when her feet hit the ground. He was strong. She was surprised. And with that and not having her ground she fell over him. Straddling him. And her eyes grew wide as a blush tainted with pink. "Um" she gasped as she pulled herself onto both feet. brushing down her small gown. Feeling exposed, and so cold."thank you.' Eve stammered taking his coat and held it tightly closed around her. "Coacoa would be nice. Oh my name is Eve" She stammered embarrassed that she forgot the simple introductions.

"Eric." he introduced himself. "Who did that to you?" he asked trying to keep the rage from his voice as he walked beside her guiding her to his home. It was an abandoned looking ware house though their were lights on inside, "It's not much but it home." he said smiling at her his silver pendant swinging on its cord around his neck. He lead her inside and up some stairs to his place. It was surprisingly well furnished a thick rug covered the floor except for the apparent kitchen area, the living room possessed a flat screen tv, worn out couch and a lazy boy. Their was a painted divider that depicted a cherry blossom tree who's petals were being blown away by a breeze. "Make your self at home while I make the Coco." he said as he grabbed, "The bathroom's downstairs." he added as he poured bottle water into some coffee cup and put them in the microwave to heat up as he had no stove.

Eve looked to the bruising's on her upper arms. And bit on her lower lip. He was a complete stranger but she could here his anger within his voice. Her breath was caught within the confines of her throat. "My stepfather" It wasn't much of a reply, but he wouldn't know who he was. She lowered her head, allowing a flow of blond hair to fall across her face. She was cold and ashamed. She was pathetic in truth, using the cowards way out. Before long she felt him stop. Her hands clutching tightly to the jacket he had given her. Why was he bein so nice?

Eve brought her eyes up to the building before her. An abandoned warehouse? Tilting my head I followed him in. What was the worse that could happen right? "It's fine thank you, for being so kind to me." Her Honey brown eyes shifted to watch the swing of the pendent. "thats a beautiful pendant." She murmured following him into the kitchen. Watching him curiously as he made the coacoa.

"Belonged to my mother." he replied, "All that I have left of her." he finished as the micro wave beeped. The water was steaming and the cups were hot but he barely felt it as he put them down on the counter and then poured the coco mix into them. He stirred them and brought it over to her. He made a mental note to pay her stepfather a visit before morning, "Why would anyone want to hurt a sweet little thing like you?" he asked rhetorically as he sat down on the couch and sipped the hot cocoa. He looked her over but his eyes seemed to look further into her and he saw that she was just a regular human and if not for the bruises she'd be beautiful but bruises faded and soon she would be, maybe she could stay with him. "What he did to you is unforgivable, why didn't you report him?" he asked, he had heard how some people were to scared of the abuser to do anything out of fear of retribution but Eric would make sure the bastard never touched her again. He would have to wait for her to go to sleep before he did anything however it wouldn't be that long, he looked her in the eye and used the demonic powers he had gotten from his father to influence her to feel tired slowly so it felt natural.

"I am sorry" Eve went quiet and sat down on the couch with him, staring at the glass he had given her. 'i lost my mother few years back, Roughly when my stepfather began drinking more and more. Its when he would lash out." She gave a small shrug of her shoulders. "To why I dont know. Nothing I did seemed to be good enough for him. " It was the truth. Sipping at the cocoa she found that it was to hot for her and she set the glass down on a coaster. Before drawing her slender legs into the coat she still clung tightly to. Her eyes shifting to gaze at the man who saved her.

she knew she should of reported him. Her father needed help, For both his drink habits and his anger. But she couldn't he watched her carefully. Wouldn't even allow her to attend school. " I dont know. " She murmured. Pulling the coat around tighter. Bringing it up to her nose. God how she grew tired. It had been a trying night. Inhaling she could smell him in his coat. The mix of male muskiness and cologne. But it wasn't long before she drifted into sleep. For some reason feeling safe with this man. With a small sigh her eyes closed her head resting on the arm of the couch. One leg slipping slightly to stretch out on the couch. revealing pale flawless flesh. up to where her night gown reveal in its risen state which was over half way up her thigh.

Once she was asleep he stood putting his cocoa down, he looked at the exposed flesh of her leg and imagined running a hand along it while kissing her skin as he searched for that treasure that laid between them. He resisted the urge and instead gently picked her up and carried her to the bed and laying her down and using his coat to cover her. At the foot of the bed laid a chest with a lock, he used the key to unlock it and inside was a sword and a pair of pistols. He holstered the pistols at his waist and the sword across his back he grabbed a spare coat and left her sleeping in his home. He found his way to the bridge and placed a hand on the light post she had been holding onto. Humans never realized the impact their souls had on objects like a strong scent a part of them lingered where ever they went. Using the gift his mother passed to him his green eyes glowed as he sensed her soul path, it throbbed with the taint of a demon, "Well that bastard dies now." he said as he followed the soul path to her home. Demons fed on souls drawing on them twisting them till the soul gave out and the person died, this demon though Eve hadn't known it had been the cause of her mothers passing he had become drunk on her soul somehow and had drained it quickly and now he meant to do the same to her but slower.

He found her home and kicked in the door the human shell that had belonged to a human once did not hide his taint from Eric, "Demon." he growled as his eyes burned with a green flame. The beast shed its shell and hissed insults at him but they did little his rage was already at full flame. The battle was hard it had fed on one soul and she had not been gone long, in the end the beast begged for mercy but he only replied asking how many times had Eve asked for the same thing, asked it to stop hurting her. What is said in answer sealed its fate the blade slashed its throat and when he left the human shell was back in place it would look like a break in gone wrong. He cleaned the sword off and made his way home a good many hours before she would wake he hoped.

She still slept when he arrived he put the weapons away and worried about servicing the pistols later though it was an itch to do so, he sighed and laid on the couch and turned on the tv. He kept the volume down as the show played and he slowly faded into sleep, in the morning the show had turned to the news and the top story was the supposed break in and murder.

Eve gave a small whimper as he lifted her from her place on the couch. Her body light, and relaxed. Still her hands some how managed to keep a firm grip on his coat around her.Her head fell to one side resting upon his chest. Enjoying the soothing effect of his heart gave her. Letting her drift further off into sleep. Feeling safer with a stranger then a man she thought she had known for years. there was just something about him. Sleeping for hours, or at least it had felt as such. She awoke feeling better then she had in years.

With a small groan she pushed herself up, his coat still wrapped around her.She didn't recognize the room, and with this she began to grow frantic. Her eyes wide as she scrambled out of the bed. The coat slipping free from her shoulders. leaving her in her small nightgown. Where was she? Breathing heavily she left the room on hurried steps into the living room. Everything flooding back. Sighing in relief she went to the couch finding him asleep there. But the news that was on is what drew her attention/

Eve's Honeyed eyes were wide as she listened to the news. Her stepfather gone. And she was free of him, yet alone with no place to go. She was scared in truth. Making her knees grow weak and give beneath her weight. How was this possible. Had he angered another at the bar? And in turn they killed him? Would make sense. He wasn't the most likeable man. But now what was she to do? Her eyes shifted to the sleeping man on the couch. He looked so peaceful, and she noticed how young and handsome he was as well.

Eric woke up when he felt some one sit on the couch but was slow to open his eyes he sat up before he did, he looked at the tv already know what would be the headline. He stared as he read what the tv was putting up, "No witness' that's weird." he said he supposed people had become deaf if they could not hear eve crying out. He watched the news all but a few more minutes before changing the channel to cartoons. "I can understand if you don't want to go home and your more than welcome to stay." he told her as he sat back and watched the robots combine to defeat the evil monster. He tried just watching the tv before looking at her to see what her answer would be somehow he had become smitten with this damsel in distress feeling he had gotten.

Eve looked down blushing brightly to his offer, she wouldn't last long, she had no job to support herself besides the money her mother left behind for her. In an account that her stepfather had no excess to nor any knowledge of at least she thought. It was after all a savings account for her when she reached college. but her Stepfather made certain that wasn't gonna be her future. she missed to much schooling. Biting her lower lip she stared at the clamped hands in her lap. "I I Need things from my home, i dont think the police would allow me access to them though." She murmured looking up at him. "And thank you for your offer. Wish there was something I could do,to repay you for your kindness." She smiled softly despite the events that had happened.

"Don't mention it the your company is pleasant enough." he replied as he flipped the channel again, "Want me to go with you so the cops don't bug you?" he asked he knew cops would want to question her. He had been her step father and her situation had to be figured out before he tried anything though he found it hard not to stare. He bruises had faded but were still present. Her lack of sadness told him she had little love for man even before he had begun to hurt her so he didn't ask if what they had been saying on the news about him were true or not. "First we should get some breakfast, you can barrow some of my clothes I have a belt around here somewhere." he said as he got up to find her some temporary clothes for her.

Eve didn't know whether or not she liked the way he eyed her. She had more or so realized that she wore only her night gown. And nothing else. Revealing many bruises, most of her scars long since faded only now slivers of white markings on her already pale skin. chewing on her lower lip she gave him a small nod, her eyes following his movements as he left to get her some clothing. She stood shortly after her gown sway around her thighs and went after him knowing full well that she couldn't just change out here in the living room.

She followed him into the room. Heart racing within her chest. He was so nice to her, it made her blush slightly as she leaned against the wall next to the door. when he gave her some comfy clothing, she turned her back. Humming softly as she lowered the thin straps of the gown. Letting it run along the pale expanse of her slender shoulders and down her arms. Before letting it fall, baring her backside to him as if it didn't matter. Before hurrying to pull the top over her head and pulling some of his jeans on. Belting them pants enough to keep them on, but still she was slender enough for the pants to hang on her curved hips.

He had never seen a girl wear his clothes they way it molded to her slim frame made him wonder what hidden talent laid hidden with her. He had spotted her rear and how he would mind having a good squeeze at it. He straitened his pants to try and hide what the site of her was doing to him as he lead her from the house wearing the coat he had loaned her while she wore the one he had when he killed the demon. He walked a less than a foot behind her looking down a little to long before they had arrived at the resteraunt. It was a folksy place the walls covered with pictures dating back to the towns early years, old tools with dry cracked wooden handles or long rusted pullies that looked like they had been taken from an old barn. The interior was dimly lit but the smells of baking flapjacks, waffles and biscuits gave it a welcoming and safe atmosphere.

He lead her to one of his two person tables, "Got to love the 'old' places though the term loosely fits I admit." he said smiling across from her.

Eve smiled, though there was a tinge of pink to her cheeks. Noticing that he had seen her whole back side uncovered. Knowing he saw the sleek pale expanse of her back, to curve out her small shapely bottom. though she tried to hide the fact she was bothered by it. But they remained silent as she shrugged on his jacket once more. Snuggling into the warmth that for some reason seemed to comfort her. as odd as it was. She glanced over her shoulder and awaited for him to lead her to the restaurant. "I have no money on me." Eve whispered realizing she didn't have her wallet and then frown softly before entering the building. welcomed with the fresh scent of flatjacks,waffles, and everything else one could ever want for breakfast.

"I looks wonderful, thank you Eric" Eve said before looking to the menu, before ordering blueberry pancakes, bacon with some eggs and a glass of orange juice.

Eric nodded he had seen the scars sure but he wasn't really looking for them. He ordered the 'Paul Bunyan' butter milk stack with Coffee, toast and veggie sausage. He just shrugged, "Then imagine your on a date with a beautiful girl...oh that's me." he said fully aware at how corny it sounded even to him. "I can take care of the check I'm old fashioned that way." he joked trying to make this a good memory for her as he supposed her life had less of them. He felt he wanted to add more than one good memory he wanted to make allot more and if it was with someone like her he'd go all out.

A blush painted Eves cheek as he mention a date with a beautiful girl. Its been so long since she received a compliment, and never before had she ever been on a date. "Thank you Eric"Her words trembled with and she tried not to laugh . Old fashion, it seemed possible. Could be he was simply being nice and didn't want to eat in-front of her while knowing that she had no a dime in her pretty little pocket. Or in the case may be his pockets. It was odd. She wore his clothing. He wasn't a large intimidating man, yet his clothing still hung off her form. Noting how small she really was compared to him. Well minus the bust department. She wasn't lacking there at all, and it was perfectly clear in the shirt he given her. it molded over her breast giving it its own support since, she wore no bra. though there was no way to full hide that fact. Her buds perking. though she tried to ignore it, or the stares others may cast on her.

"This place is rather lovely."She mused looking away and drew in the details of the small breakfast area. She wondered if they served other meals, like for lunch and or supper.

Eric was finding that looking at her while she wore his clothes drew his eyes to places he had tried to avoid looking at. Their drinks arrived before the food and Eric distracted himself by pouring sugar and creamer into his coffee. He head another thought as he looked at her, "I could teach you how to defend yourself" he offered his plan was more to have her close to him. He just waited for her answer while their food arrived his Paul Bunyan Stack and her blue berry along with some tiny paper cups of butter to spread on the steaming flat cakes.

Eve brought her eyes back to Eric, her breath held knowing he was watching her every move."Defend myself?" Her honey sets. would it be a good idea. Would being able to defend herself be of any help. she was tiny. In both weight and height. Biting her lower lip she watched as the waitress came with their food. Licking her lips she straightened and watched as the pancakes were placed before her. 'Mmmm smells so good" She hummed happily, immediately eating up. Every few bites taking sips of orange juice. Purring happily.

He decided to let her think and focused on his own meal he listened to her purring and smiled as he poured syrup on his pancakes after spreading the butter between each one. He cut a bite off and ate it enjoying how the syrup and butter flavors mixed reminding him how his mother had always put that extra bit of butter on top of his pancakes. The sudden memory of her that this rare occasion brought on came with a wave of emotion but a mental shake returned his mind to the present When he took a break from the pancakes he dipped the veggie breakfast sausage into the syrup that had run down the sides of the pancakes and took a bite even this combo tasted delicious. Half way through he decided to make conversation, "So...what sort of...ah...Movies do you like?" he asked awkwardly dating was never his strong suit. He kept avoiding looking down as that made it hard to concentrate due to the effects her wearing his clothes and how they fit on her made him grow aroused so he kept his eyes looking into hers.

"movies?" Eve arched a slender brow as she lifted her glass to her lips. Her honey sets focused on him. Veggie sausages. She shook her head before thinking of what movies she liked. "Well I never really watched many movies, but when dad was gone I managed to watch cooking channels, and some t.v shows. I don't remember what they were called." Shrugging she cuts a small piece of her pancakes, that was drizzled with small amount of syrup and butter. She cross her legs beneath the table. her head cocking. "what of you? Whats your favorite movie." She licked the tip of her finger clean of syrup. Before nibbling on a piece of bacon. Purring happily."I haven't eaten this well in months" Eve chimed. her voice surprising her at how happy she felt about that fact.

"Monty Python and the Holy Grail." Eric answered smiling, "Its funny but more of a once a year movie I don't enjoy horror movies but comedies and action are always good." he went on feeling even better about removing the demon from her life. "When we get back we could pop in some movies and watch them." he offered. He couldn't imagine living the way she had he looked at her he doubted he could make her happy he wanted to but he wondered if she would stay with him. He went back to eating his pancakes and tried not to look up often as he was sinking into deep thought.

"I would think romance, and comedies would be more for me. though i can try action, Not fan of violence in truth. " Eve gave this small look as she though, a pancake piece hovering near her lips. "I do like fantasy to, I saw this one show where they killed demons, and other mythical things from fore-lore and such. Supernatural I think it was" She tilted her head before popping the awaiting bite into her mouth.

"I do enjoy educational shows, like cooking. One thing i did enjoy that I was given the allowance to do so. And was left alone. He did like to eat." Frowning she shook her head downing the remaining of her orange juice and last few bites of her food. Sighing with content. "Thank you for the food "She smiled brightly.

Back
Top Bottom