Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Summoners

Orcus

Star
The idea is that there are people who can summon monsters from other realms of existence to use their magic on their behalf. And seeing as how this is an RP on this forum the monsters demand that the summoners pay them with sex.

I want the realms to be like the ones in World of Darkness. Five reals with specific properties. Each one has it's own monsters that can be summoned and those monsters can be based on things like movies and video games.

Here's my idea for the five realms, and a few of the things that would come from there.

Heaven: Angels, dragons, lesser gods. Think Bayonetta and Final Fantasy.
Hell: Demons, hellhounds, darklings.
The Underworld: Dead things, and things associated with death.
The Spirit World: Animal spirits and elementals.
The Dream World: the land of Fae, also the place where mechanical or partially mechanical monsters would come from.

There's that. All that's left is everything else. What do you think?

Kaybee said:
How about a lord or lords of one or maybe two of the realms wants to conquer the world while the other ones are trying to stop them?

This could be combined with the artefact idea, maybe? Perhaps the situation right now is one of relative balance between the realms, with some in conflict with each other. This suits most well, but one powerful individual in one realm (a mighty angel/demon/dragon/whatever) and his secret followers wants to rule everything.

So he/she/it lets an incredibly powerful artefact loose, trying to cause conflict and open up the world to conquest (divide and conquer).

Maybe one player gets the responsibility of playing the minions of the secret bad guy? Leaves more surprises for the rest.

Sounds like an idea, so we'd need at least six people so that one person could play each realm and the sixth would play the villain and his followers?

I think we have about 6 interested now, so far.

Maybe we should take stock of of what kind of realms we would enjoy playing as summoned creatures, and what kind of realms we would like to summon?

May make planning a little easier.

Agree with this.

As for the summoner, I would go for either:
- the demons
- the "mysterious evil 6th faction"
- the fae

As for the summoned critters, I could take one of these:
- animal spirits
- demons
- the "mysterious evil 6th faction"

Sidenote: Perhaps, the "mysterious evil" could be a kind of 'super summoner' able to reach all realms?

Actually an idea of the five realms was posted for the first post in the thread:

Heaven: Angels, dragons, lesser gods. Think Bayonetta and Final Fantasy.
Hell: Demons, hellhounds, darklings.
The Underworld: Dead things, and things associated with death.
The Spirit World: Animal spirits and elementals.
The Dream World: the land of Fae, also the place where mechanical or partially mechanical monsters would come from.

I would suggest the sixth faction is an alliance of a few forces from all five, possibly led by some super summoner or possibly just a bunch of creatures from each.

So each player would take up the role of their summoner and one faction's worth of creatures or the evil faction.

I still think the 5 realms are a good idea, I did not mean to imply we needed more.

What was my idea was to make sure we have someone to play creatures from all the realms players are interested in summoning creatures from, just so we don't end up with (e.g.) 3 necromancers and no one to play the undead.

I would be interested in playing creatures from The Spirit World or the The Dream World. I have two character ideas I am mulling over in my head right now, one would fit either The Spirit World or The Dream World. The other one would suit creatures from Hell the best.

Back
Top Bottom