Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Summoners

Orcus

Star
The idea is that there are people who can summon monsters from other realms of existence to use their magic on their behalf. And seeing as how this is an RP on this forum the monsters demand that the summoners pay them with sex.

I want the realms to be like the ones in World of Darkness. Five reals with specific properties. Each one has it's own monsters that can be summoned and those monsters can be based on things like movies and video games.

Here's my idea for the five realms, and a few of the things that would come from there.

Heaven: Angels, dragons, lesser gods. Think Bayonetta and Final Fantasy.
Hell: Demons, hellhounds, darklings.
The Underworld: Dead things, and things associated with death.
The Spirit World: Animal spirits and elementals.
The Dream World: the land of Fae, also the place where mechanical or partially mechanical monsters would come from.

There's that. All that's left is everything else. What do you think?

This sounds really, really cool! Right up my alley, in fact. I would very much like to joins something like this, if you would have me.

I may have some vague ideas for back-story, if needed.

Lay 'em on me. What I have now is basically what I have from watching a few episodes of Digimon and reading Mage: the Awakening.

If anyone has any ideas on how add to this I'm open to suggestion.

Well, here is what I have..

Back when humanity was much younger, before most of recorded history, mankind was not dominating its environment the way we do today.

In order to protect themselves from supernatural dangers, or to gain wealth, personal power or to make their tribes prosper, some humans would make pacts and deals with the powers of the 5 realms, beings with powers humanity could not match.

In order to summon these creatures to do their bidding, the summoners had to ritually bond with these creatures. Often, a sexual union was required (..some of the less pleasant summoners had more evil rituals, though..).

Sometimes, such pacts created an invisible mark that could be passed from generation to generation, even if the original pact was forgotten. Thus from time to time, some people accidentally discover they have the power of summoning. Others are accepted into established covens, and trained for the job.

As it was, back in the day, when the first summoners made their pacts, the different realms were much closer together. since then, they have drifted apart. Now they seem to be coming together again, making summoning much easier and also causing a surge in supernatural events.

Probably needs more work, I admit.

It's a wonderful start. *tips hat* I like the idea of people inheriting this power and not knowing it. And the thought of the reals coming back together and this causing supernatural events to happen gives me another idea.

This story takes place in the near future where monsters have begun to show up for no apparent reason. Some places on Earth have even begun to take on the properties of the realms. Sort of like room 4108. These places are known a mana hazard zones, or just zones.

Corporations quickly began to capitalize on the situation. There are many new products designed to protect people and their property. The corporations have also taken to drafting Summoners.

The Catholic church has even begun to hire Summoners to serve their agendas. Congress has even passed a Paranormal Restriction Act that formed the Paranormal Agency for Guidance and Enforcement, or P.A.G.E.

I'm thinking P.A.G.E., the Church, and three corporations would be factions. I'm still trying to think up the other factions. P.A.G.E. is more like the enemy. As many of you know the reason most people go to work for the government is because everywhere else has standards.

PIM's idea is very good, as well as this taking place in the more-or-less-near future.

Question is, would the corporations and Government rely on only one single of the magic realms (the Church would, of course)? Especially governmental organisations would probably draw on everything they can get their hands on, and corporations as well, so there either would be mixed groups, and/or we change the 'organisations' to something other.

Some thoughts in this direction:

- the Spirit Realm would probably appeal to the so-called 'primitives' ... like, the few remaining american indian people. They realised their new power quite early, and led a succesful revolt against the oppressing might of government and corporations of the USA, therefore creating what is now the Native American Nation (NAN) [ah, yes, I pledge guilty - I stole that idea ... but it fits in nicely, I think]. Similar events took place among for example the Mongols in Asia, thus creating havoc in Russia and China; Aborigines in Australia; and some regions in Africa.

- the Fae realm has a special relationship with good old England (go blame Shakespeare on this one!)

- decadent continental europe has been for the most part taken over by followers of Hell

- followers of Death remain mostly hidden; they have two 'official' bases of power, though - Transsylvania (for rather obvious reasons), and Mexico, where the remnants of the Aztecs have begun to sacrifice humans on a large scale.

The Catholic church would, of course, not use Hell, but the Underworld would be a source of mystic power for them too. Some of their less pious summoners would even use the Dream World and say whatever the summoned was from Heaven. And I like the idea a magical native America uprising. I'd also like to add a post confederate rebellion. Maybe only one of the factions should be corporate.

How obvious should what is going on be?

Are we talking about the changes being obvious to everyone, and whenever anyone mentions someone summoning something, most people are familiar with the idea, or rather that it is all kept hidden so far?

..or something in between, I suppose.

Somewhere in the middle, I'd say ... the normal population sits at home, watching these wonderful TV shows.
Oh, of course they know that the natives have rebelled ... but it is far easier to blame the government, and those damned foreign terrorists, than accepting that Leprechaun knocking on your door as some real being. Especially when the governement and corporations say so in those aforementioned TV shows.

Let's go with: one year ago people started discovering that they could summon creatures by accident. These happened so rarely that people blew off reports of this happening a a prank. There were record occurrences of cryptid sightings, haunting, mystic apparitions, demonic possession and a whole bunch of other stuff. People continued to turn a def ear.

Six months ago a D.E.A. task force was wiped out by a demon in the middle of a raid on a meth lab. This was recorded my over a dozen cell phones. Further analysis showed that a young woman was being sodomized by the creature as it attacked. The demon was killed by a dragon that disappeared. The demon's body as well as the woman who rode it were both analyzed.

Self proclaimed summoners came out of the wood work. Most of them are women who either wear short skirts with no panties or are bottomless in public with no concern for who they might offend.

Last month congress created P.A.G.E. and are trying to catch up with the rest of the world.

Here are my ideas for the factions as I have them.
P.A.G.E: The US's pitiful response to magic. They try to act like they have control and authority. The face of the U.S. in the world of magic.

The Church: Acts like it knew it all along. They have many summoners and behave as though their summoners are not as perverse as the summoners that are known to have sex with their summoned beast. Really these summoners just use alternative sex to pay for these powers.

The Confederacy: A loose alliance of rebelling tribes, secessionist, survivalist, cultist and anyone else who thinks they can do the government's job better. The most visible aspect of the Confederacy are the tribal forces. But most of their summoners attack the government from within.

The Legend group: A conglomeration of corporations that capitalizes on magic. They study it. They use it. They create products that are magic centric. They make mind blowing amounts of money.

The Witch Cartel ((I'm open to suggestion on a better name)): These people are criminals. Their summoners work as enforcers and mercenaries. They are not nice people.

Thoughts?

One other thing. Do you chink people should be able to cast spells in this? Like in Skyrim or Dishonored? And create potions?

I'd still like a different name for the Witch Cartel. I basically spat that out because I wanted to post the others. Any suggestions?

Also wondering how we'll be doing this. I'm thinking one player will be the summoners and another the monster. Thing is that kind of set up can bite us in the ass if we don't do it right.

How about this: Rather than a simple summon...do kinda like Fate/Stay. Have the "Summon" be originally called by the "Summoner", both of them PCs. The original Contract takes the form of some kind of sexual ritual.(For the more evil it's often painful and involuntary.) When the Contract(aka the Tattoo that appears on their body) is formed, then the Summon takes a Human form. Should the Contract be broken(By either Summon/Summoner's Death, or failure to provide "Power"), the Summon is returned to it's Realm and the Summoner cannot forge a new Contract unless the breech in Contract was the Summon's death.

This way both Characters are around, and the Summoner and Summon work together when fighting.

Orcus said:
I'd still like a different name for the Witch Cartel. I basically spat that out because I wanted to post the others. Any suggestions?

What about SPECTRE ? [In memoriam James Bond]

Orcus said:
Also wondering how we'll be doing this. I'm thinking one player will be the summoners and another the monster. Thing is that kind of set up can bite us in the ass if we don't do it right.

Sturmm said:
How about this: Rather than a simple summon...do kinda like Fate/Stay. Have the "Summon" be originally called by the "Summoner", both of them PCs. The original Contract takes the form of some kind of sexual ritual.(For the more evil it's often painful and involuntary.) When the Contract(aka the Tattoo that appears on their body) is formed, then the Summon takes a Human form. Should the Contract be broken(By either Summon/Summoner's Death, or failure to provide "Power"), the Summon is returned to it's Realm and the Summoner cannot forge a new Contract unless the breech in Contract was the Summon's death.

This way both Characters are around, and the Summoner and Summon work together when fighting.

I'm not sure about this ... I might want to exchange one summoned creature for another at times, depending on what's needed (simple example: fire elemental exchanged to water elemental - don't ask how to fuck those, it's just an example :rolleyes: ). I would rather prefer players as summoners only, with the critters being under full control of the summoner's player as well.

Sturmm said:

I don't know. If the same player is supposed to play both summoner and summoned, this definitely is the way to go, IMHO. If they are supposed to be played by different characters, this one can be a bit problematic.

Often, a player will be able to log on less, or be unavailable for a while, and that would pretty much leave the other player without a summoner of creature, so I would like an option for players to have some leeway here.

Some might make a natural team anyway, some might want the option to double dip.

That is my two cents, anyway.

OleDirtyBastard said:
I would rather prefer players as summoners only, with the critters being under full control of the summoner's player as well.

This is absolutely the easiest from a practical perspective. But that kind of takes away some of the fun of being screwed by your own demon :D

Maybe both? Some of the major entities are played by others, but there are some lesser critters that can be summoned who do not warrant a separate player? Not sure if that is a good idea, but maybe?

OleDirtyBastard said:
(simple example: fire elemental exchanged to water elemental - don't ask how to fuck those, it's just an example Rolleyes )

Where there is a will, there is a way;)

Maybe we need to take the sex out of the interaction when it comes to the summoned monsters. The players control their summoners and their summoned creatures.

Orcus said:
Maybe we need to take the sex out of the interaction when it comes to the summoned monsters. The players control their summoners and their summoned creatures.

Rather than screwing the "Summons"...perhaps "Sex" is actually where they draw their power from?

Basically: The Summoner has to have sexual interaction of some kind, when they do so, it builds up strength and power which they can use to fuel a Summon.

To make things more interesting, perhaps have a "Primary Summon", that one is stronger than any other critters you might use and is always around, whether visible or not. That critter is the one storing the "Sexual Energy", and that is where the Summoner draws it from. When you screw another person's "Summon", you're effectively stealing some of their "Power". ;)

Orcus you come up with so many wonderful ideas. I would be very in for this as a summoner, especially since the Nymph-Mecha thing seems to have died...

To toss in my ideas, I think that the summons should be played by other players as it's much less interesting to write such things from both sides. Perhaps if we're going with the five realms idea one person could play all summons from one realm which probably wouldn't be too hard unless we got a lot of players...

:p Still of the opinion having a "Dedicated Summon" would be sensible. ;) Makes it so when they choose a Summon they have to live with their choice.(Particularly interesting in the cases of 'Accidental Dom Summons' with people who want to play Characters who IC don't -want- to be sexually abused...but OOC want it of their character.

To toss in my ideas, I think that the summons should be played by other players as it's much less interesting to write such things from both sides. Perhaps if we're going with the five realms idea one person could play all summons from one realm which probably wouldn't be too hard unless we got a lot of players...
This would get me interested, as I feel the story would lack just a bit if you played a summoner and the creature, just my opinion though.

PureLust said:
This would get me interested, as I feel the story would lack just a bit if you played a summoner and the creature, just my opinion though.

That would also have the advantage of giving every realm it's own flair.

Kaybee said:
Perhaps if we're going with the five realms idea one person could play all summons from one realm which probably wouldn't be too hard unless we got a lot of players...

Yes, I also would agree to this. Seems a very good solution.

So, we have the general background, then.

We need at least 5 players ... I think we've got those as well.

Anyone an idea for a general plot?
Mine would be: some mighty magical artifact has supposedly emerged somewhere, and everyone wants to get his/her/its hands on it.

How about a lord or lords of one or maybe two of the realms wants to conquer the world while the other ones are trying to stop them?

Back
Top Bottom