Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The other

L

Lost

This is just a random story I had pop into my head when I was driving home a few days ago. I'm going to try and post every now and then. IF you don't like it, that's fine. Just wanted to get the story out of my mind on out there some where.

Speed

It was late. The sun has set hours ago as the small red sports car rushed past officer Davis. He had been on his way home but couldn't resist pulling over one last prick before the night was over. He turned on his lights and had the car pull over. Davis called in that he was writing one last ticket before the night was over. Davis stepped out if his car and walked over the the red one. "May I see you lisence and regstation please?" he questioned before looking into the car.
There she was. The girl who had stomped on his dreams and broke his heart so long ago. She sat in a small black party dress, her hair was long and curly now. She had let it grow back out and return to it's natural color. It looked better that was. Her rich brown locks curled around her face and highlighted her cheekbones and light brown eyes.
She looked back at him. The man she had cared for and used her. She had tried to give him everything, but felt like nothing in his arms. She had only been sixteen then, and what had either of them known of love. They had only known lust. Or rather he had and it had scared her. Now older and more experanced she gazed up at the shorter man with his thick yet short brown hair and blushed as his deep brown eyes met her's.
He watched her then as she moved slowly for her glovebox. Her checks were tinted red, one of the signs they were meant to look for in drunks. She hadn't been swerving, yet she had been doing 70mph in a 45 zone. She handed him the papers and he noticed that the name on the paper did not match what she had once been called. Both her first and last name had been changed. She was now called Lisa woods. He looked back at her and began to question if this was in fact the same woman he'd once cared for.
She relized the name would mislead him and though a moment that she could get away without him realizing. Part of her wanted to get back to her apartment but part of her, and she found this odd, wanted to talk with him. How did a boy whom failed algebra three years in a row turn into a man with a bage?
As Davis looked at her he felt himself staring. Her shapes had gotten even fuller now and he couldn't wait til, he wanted to see more. His lust for her was still strong and til this day found himself thinking of her one some lonley nights. He wondered briefly if she had ever done the same. "Do you know how fast you were going?"he asked handing back her ID and paper.
"No Sir."she replied calmly "To tell the truth, I was not giving any thought to my speed, I just wanted to get home." she looked from him to the street. A small smile spread acrross her face. He used to live here, just two streets up. She quickly stopped smiling and looked back at him. "How much trouble am I in?" she took he wheel in her hands and leaned her head back.
"That depends Sam," he leaned his head closer to her open window,his arm propped against the car's window. Her hair fell and exposed her slinder and tempting neck. "have you been drinking tonight?" she smelled the same maybe even better, and there was no hint of drink on her.
She looked at his familar face. It was shockingly nice to see someone from so long ago. Lisa sat up, "Look, officer." she gave a small smile "My name is Lisa Wood." her heart hammered. She needed to get out of here fast.
"Cut the BS Sam." he stood and looked down at her. "It's 320 for the ticket." he looked down at the pad as he wrote, his ears turning red. She was so stupid. He knew it was her! Why was she actting this way? It was so upsetting, his heart throbbed as he scrached out Samantha Richards and wrote on a new slip Lisa Woods. The officer took a deep breath. "So Lisa, why the name change?"his eyes met her's.
"I needed to be diffrent." she told him then clinched her mouth shut. Damn it! Why the he'll had she just admitted who she was to him!? She really needed to leave now. She looked back up and saw her eyes were still searching for hers.
"Do you remember where the house is?" he asked and watched as she only nodded. He pressed back the mass he felt in his throat. "Meet me there."he told her
Lisa shook her head, "James, I- I can't." she shakes her head.
James haned het the ticket. "Just for a few minutes. I'll see you in a bit. " he headed back to his car with out another word. This left Lisa alone in her car as he called in the ticket. If she was going to ditch him she neede to go now, but she ccoukdn't make herself move.

Tears

James wasn't going to let her leave. He needed to talk to her. To really understand why they hadn't worked out. He drove up behind her. She started her car back up and he followed her past the first street.
In her car Lisa chewed her lip unsure if she should go or not. But what's the worse that could happen? The woman turned onto the winding street that lead deep into the neighborhood where Jame's house was. "Just don't go inside."She sighed as she turned onto his street. She parked on the wrong side of the street and waited for him to pull into the driveway before she got out of her car.
James could not help but smile as he parked and got out of the car. "You just can't keep track of the laws for driving, can you?" he questioned as he walked over to her. She stood straight, her heels making her three inches taller than him rather than the one she normaly was.
Lisa looked down at the shorter asian man. "Look. James..."she took a breath and let it out. "What's up? I am really was in a hurry."she gave a small smile. She didn't know what she wanted, but she felt the ever lasting need to get away from him. In the past he would only invite her over to try and have sex with her. And now, even if he was still very sexy, she didn't know if she wanted that. Or rather if that's what he was thinking. Her mind raced with impossibilities as she waited for him to reply.
James looked over her. She was still just a to the point as ever. "I just have a few questions for you that I'd like answered." He told her and stepped closer. "You look nice."he looked her over. Her light brown eyes seemed to sparkle in the street light above her car.
Lisa found her cheecks redden as he looked her over. "What kind of questions?"her voice came out softer than she wanted as she took in the lack of space between them. She leaned against her car in hopes for more air. "And did it really be tonight that we did this?"
"We should have done this years ago."James retorted, he wanted his words to hurt. She had hurt him, she desirved a little pain and the realization of what she'd done. But to his suprise she scoffed at him.
"Why?"her light eyes met his dark brown ones. They were stern and hate tinted them. They were light but felt deadly to James. She should not have come she desided right then and there. She was going to leave as soon as she could. He was going to get just one question and then she was gone.
James blinked, twice. Why the hell was she so angry all the sudden, he just wanted to talk to her, find out why. "You really hurt me Sam."there wasn't anytime for her to reply . "You just left damn it! Called me one day and said it was over! We were going to work out. We were trying- Hell Sam!"He stepped closer closing the gab. "I was trying to make this work, and you just gave up and left..."his eyes were like dagers to her now, full of anger and hurt.
Chills crawled down Lisa's arms and up her bare legs. "You would never..."She swollowed and tried again. It was so intince right now. He was cornering her again and she didn't like it. "step back."she hardly whispered
"Answer me why first."the officer demanded and stepped even closer, pinning her to the side of her car. His ears were red hot and he could feel his blood boiling. "Why did you leave me?" He needed to know, could not go another day without knowing.
"Because of this..."she whispered. Lisa's heart was thrundering inside her chest, slamming into her ribcage. She was trapped and he looked so angry, yet she felt like she could calm him down. She always could. But she had told herself she would never do that again as she left years ago. "Because you scare me and pin me in coners and..."she lost her voice again and her eyes started to fill with water. The thoughts of using her body to subside his anger mad he feel sick.
James moved his face away from hers. Guilt pulsed into his body. "Sam..."he whispered and looked into her now shimmering eyes. He reached to wipe away her tears"Don't,"he started but then she flinched. James stood up and backed away. "Sam, please don't."
Lisa wipped the tears from her face and stood tall and strong. "My name is Lisa Woods, Damn you."She nearly yelled from behind her teeth and clinched jawl. "And you will leave me the hell alone!" her hands betraded her steady voice and shook as she spoke and stood tall. She was not going to feel powerless around him again. Not now, not ever.
James blinked and took another step back. "Please, don't go. Let's try this again..."he looked up at her. His eyes watery now. He ran his hand along the side of his hair, making it stick up in odd places.
"We,"Lisa started. "Are not trying anything again. You wanted to know why we didn't work and I have told you. And now I am going. I should have never come back to this stupid town!"she turend and went to open her car but it was locked and her keys were inside. She Started to silently cry then. Why, why did this have to happen. She'd had a shitty day at work, a horrible blind date, and she just wanteed to lay on her couch and drink til the morrning came with a better day.
James stood there as a moment past. He saw her strong shoulder shake up and down as she started crying. The night air was suddenly filled with crickets and the wind. "I'm.. I'd like to hug you."James offered. "I feel like we could've done this better. Had this converstation go better..."he tried.
Lisa turned around and looked at James as he started to walk towards her. "I think maybe... Can you just help me get into the car so I can go home?"she asked. Her eyes pleading as tears streamed from her eyes.
James kept walking and soon had her wrapped in his arms. "we both hurt each other.... didn't we?"He whispered, resting his head on her shoulder. He help the back of her head and held her close by his right hand on her back.
Lisa found her arms reacting with out her permission. They were pulling the officer closer to her. He smelled nice she noticed as she cried into his shoulder. He was warm and familiar and so much of what she didn't need yet wanted right now. She guested that had hurt each other. So she let him hug her, out there in the warm air where she felt so cold. Her keys were still locked in her car and she still had so much anger for him. But didn't he? Was he still angry with her. She thougth so, with how he'd pinned her to the car. She shook and cried as he stroked her hair and there they stood for countless mintues as they both tried to let go of all the hurt and anger.

Back
Top Bottom