Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zalvek's official journal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
>>; Well my coping mechanism for a 'confidence boost' comes from normally texting Try. .-.;;

But the only REAL way to stop it from becoming a daily habit is to keep something on your person - whether it be a notecard, a file, or whatever and write down all the POSITIVE things about yourself. OR set something in your day you know you will be able to complete, and feel proud you finished it.

You know, I really hate my fuckin' school sometimes because it absolutely keeps me from ever fucking getting the chance to meet any girls.

Yes, the ratio is that fucking bad.

No, I'm not joking.

It's probably on the order of what my grad school's guy to girl ratio was...... which was 7:1. It was why we girls got followed constantly and were drooled over. It was like.... "oh, it can wear a skirt and not be ridiculed... it can wear a bra... must follow...." It was nuts.

*pets Zally*

Yeah, that's pretty much how our campus is. Last year there was this one nerdy girl that about FIVE of the guys I knew were practically stalking. It was just... awful. It should NOT get to that stage of desperation... D:

Also, I just checked official numbers. 83% male, 17% female.

Yeah.... pretty similar indeed. So, I get you. And yep. We had that same level of desperation. And it got WAAAY creepy. I mean, guys were so hard up that even freakin' freshmen guys were hitting on me as a 3rd year grad!!!!!!! I mean... what? I TA'd statics with another person, male. My office hours were always swamped. His... no one. It was ridiculous. They used to send me emails, notes, leave me their number to call them. It was beyond the beyond. I was like.... duuuuuude. And though I probably had 7 years on them, which isn't overly insane but when you're talking 18 vs 25.... ummmm.... they just didn't care. It seriously floored me.

That's terribly, terribly creepy DA. I really hope I never reach that stage of desperation. Although the way things are going, it certainly doesn't seem hopeful some times...

Blah. I hate always being so bleak.

*pets Zally*

I highly doubt you'd ever go to such lengths. I mean, I think it takes someone... idk, a verrry 'special' someone (and not the good kind of special either)... to do such a thing. You're not the type. I can understand maybe ogling a bit and that sort of thing. But to be so persistent. Literally? I was like.... holy fuck, wow. I mean... 18 year old boy hits on 25 year old TA, shows up at each office hour with no real questions and just wanting to 'talk' (heh... yeeeeeaaaah), leaving phone numbers on test and quiz papers....... Yeah. You're not that kind of guy. At all. Not even close. A verrrrry verrrrry good thing too.

But, I can understand the 'bleak' feeling when ratios are as such. Just have heart. It's only temporary. Soon you'll be done with school and such ratios will no longer be an issue. :)

*hugs*

Yeah, out in General Pop, the female ratio is something like 51%, 52%, something like that. And they look for non-jerk, non-mooching intelligent guys.

Now is not all there's going to be. In so may ways, it gets better. Enjoy what you're doing when you can, see about your options, but just remember, you've always got options in the future.

SO THERE'S ABOUT SEVENTEEN HOURS WORTH OF DRIVING THAT MAY BE CONSIDERED A BIT EXTRANEOUS.

For the note, this Thanksgiving sucked, and I still feel like shit because of it.

I did pretty well on my last Physics exam. Diff EQ is coming up Monday, so I gotta spend the weekend working on that. All and all, it's been a good day, first one in a long time. I feel a bit mellow though. Not depressed, just kind of... reminiscing and missing how things used to be. I'd like to think that's pretty normal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom