Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zalvek's official journal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalvek

Pulsar
I'm usually not the sort of person who goes about making journals. I usually am able to just keep my emotions to myself, or maybe talk to a friend or just vent things off with a game or a nap. But I can't do that right now. It's just too hard to. I need to try something different. Kitten told me yoga's a good option and I intend to try that but it's late tonight and I don't have the energy for it. This will have to do.

This month of March... Has been a bit rough for me. Just one streak of unlucky things after another have been happening. A spring break that didn't go too well, a Chemistry exam that made me even falter physically, a bill for Georgia passing that may potentially ruin my future education plans... Usually these things I keep my chin up and just keep walking forward. But I guess it's just harder to do so now.

For the past few weeks I've had some trouble sleeping. Thoughts on my mind that usually only linger for a moment now seem to be permanently imprinted into my eyelids. As I would go to lay in my bed and snuggle into the sheets all that ends up happening is those thoughts return once more and I'm so busy thinking and worrying that within minutes I'm more awake than I was before. All of this I could deal with. This is all good and well. Sure I'm a little bit off, I thought to myself. But it would pass as all things have.

And then yesterday happened.

Yesterday was supposed to be the day that made everything get better. It was a small anime convention in the area and I would get to see a lot of my high school friends, and then after that I was going to go to my friend Liz's house so we could drink and have a good time. The anime convention was fine, and we were all set to make our way over towards her house. As I get on the highway out of Atlanta, I was getting ready to change into the left lane. A car behind me was speeding and I thought "Okay that's fine, I still have plenty of time to get in.". However that car didn't slow down. They just swerved into the next left lane, and hit us in the process. The next few seconds were in slow motion for me. Our car was tilted sideways and we went straight past the two far lanes of traffic, and some how managed to not get hit at all. It really was a miracle. We then crashed into the guardrail on the median of the highway. The course collided before doing a full 360 until we were going forward and grinding along the rail all along the driver's side of the car.

As we got out of the car I couldn't believe that this had just happened. Not this, not today, please. It didn't take long for me to quickly scream into the air from all the bottled up frustration that I had. No one was injured at all, it really was a miracle. I thought everything would be okay. It wasn't my fault, it was clearly theirs. Then the cop showed up. After filling out the report, he handed a yellow slip to me. I received a ticket for "Failure to maintain lane". I couldn't believe it, and I still don't. That reason is the most ridiculous ticket I've ever heard of in my life. I was shaking at this point, in frustration and disbelief that this was happening.

Seeing my car in such a state was just too much for me. This car was my Christmas present from my parents this year, a brand new 2010 Mazda 3. That very same morning I had thought to myself. "You know, despite all of the problems and worries that I always have, I have this car and I love it. Whenever I'm in it I feel so very warm and at ease, knowing that everything will be alright in the end." I feel my car was like a brother to me, and to see him in that state... Even now it makes me physically shake a bit.

As the tow truck came over, we asked if they thought our car was safe to drive. All they had to say was "If you think it's safe, then drive it." The officer gave us a similar answer and once more I was in disbelief. Not wanting to wait for someone, we just worked our way home. I couldn't drive. I was too mentally unstable and Liz gladly drove us to her place slowly.

We contacted my parents and my dad was very concerned. That really helped. But my mom... My mom has this ability to say something to me and immediately ruin my mood. Some of the first things she said to me was "Why were you with Liz instead of at school studying instead?" "What do you mean you were almost killed? It wasn't that bad of an accident." those words really got to me. They made me wish I could cry, but I just can't. I physically can't. I have trouble doing so. I want to so much but I can't go beyond my eyes watering. Bottling up... It seems to be something I'm quite good at.

To say the least, I'm having trouble sleeping even more because of this. Tonight I've taken cold medicine, had tea to relax, played a lot of games to calm me, and still nothing. I close my eyes and all I can do is lament and see my car mangled and destroyed. It hurts a lot. Liz said to me later that she was so scared of dying to where she was in tears. And dying didn't scare me. Ever since I was a little kid, I've come to accept death for when it happens and that it could come at any moment. But dealing with this aftermath, dealing with the complications of the crash, insurance, and that I have to go to court during the week of finals for me is just too much. I can't do this all, it's too much for me.

I have a lot of tension in my body right now, pangs of pain that echo through my chest. I don't know how to let all of this hurt out right now and it hurts a lot. I'm almost always shaking now in fear of something, I don't know what. I really just need a hug. I need someone to hold me and tell me that everything's going to be okay. It's awful when your own mother can't even do or think about that for you.

Again speaking of her, I told her at least five or six times that I loved her after the accident. Never once did she do the same for me. That really hurts me a lot. My dad held me for a long time and that helped but... When I go to my mom, all she had to say was "Keep trying your best at school." Her priorities just really make me wonder if she loves me, or what I'm working to instead...

I don't know I will ever make a journal entry again. It isn't my sort of thing to do realistically. I don't think I've ever been a person who's good at putting emotion into text, which is funny since this is a roleplaying site... I don't know if I feel any different from before I typed this up. I'm still shaking and my chest feels heavy but... I feel my mind's a little bit more at peace. At least for now.

Re: Just for now...

Despite the fact that you mentioned that you dont do well with emotions and text if you ever need a ranting ear specifically, you can reach me usually.

All I can say is I am glad you are okay, despite us not knowing each other. I've been in a few accidents that weren't my fault. Rear ended at a red light into traffi- that kind of thing. I never called the police though. They get grumpy when theri job is just traffic violations. But at the same time, I can understand if you have to. As it was a bigger accident and the people tend to lie. In either case, I'm glad you're okay.

I have no other advice or thoughts to give besides my best wishes and a grim "Things will get better" that seems far too cliche...

Re: Just for now...

The sentiments are very much appreciated, and thank you for the open ear.

Today was alright. I didn't get to bed until around 6 AM. I had to wake up at 8:30 to make it to class but got a phone call at 8 from the insurance company wanting to get more details on the actual accident. I answered the questions quickly enough and sleeping again wasn't really an option. Oddly enough 2 hours of sleep really did end up helping me out. I could at least keep my eyes open in Calculus. After class I spoke with my professor, let him know that I was a bit mentally out of it after the crash, and that it was really tough for me to focus on class right now. Having a talk with him really helped. He's the sort of guy who's gone through a lot of life experiences and always has an ear open for his students. I ended up just talking to him for about 40 minutes. I'm not sure what we accomplished, but he said that finding a buffer and accepting what had happened was very important, and that I needed to move on from the crash. Meditation, religion, friends, writing, whatever it was that helped me calm myself was important.

Chemistry was uneventful. I haven't really told a lot of people I've been in the accident actively. I'd rather just keep it low. I guess because of my quiet tendencies, people can't really notice I'm a bit stirred and silent. After class was over I went out to eat, which was uneventful. I checked for a package I've been waiting for for the past few weeks and out of frustration checked online through tracking information as to just where the package was. It turns out it actually reached the post office March 6th and they never bothered contacting me. I'm a bit frustrated by this, but my friend's willing to take me to the post office to go get it. I really appreciate my friend doing that for me. I feel that I have a lot of really good friends who are behind me right now, and their moral support's helping me keep my chin up.

Once that was sorted out I took a nap. It lasted about two hours and was really nice. Really helped to calm me down. Unfortunately after a few hours I received another phone call. This time it was my friend's mother who was in the car with me. I ended up leaving my car over there since it was in no condition to drive. Unfortunately their neighborhood has a policy against damaged vehicles being exposed in public and they needed to have it towed immediately. Apparently having a car towed was not that simple according to my father. He's been jumping through hoops all day and has been incredibly busy between work and dealing with the insurance companies.

I really hope I don't get woken up tomorrow by another phone call. To say the least it's really not helping me stay bright and chipper. Maybe it's the lack of sleep but I've been particularly droopy in character.

I do find that typing this up has really been helping me, like a sort of way to collect my thoughts about the day... Maybe this will become for frequent as this event goes on. We'll have to see.

Re: Just for now... Actually maybe journal to be.

My car doesn't have to be totaled! \ o /
They estimated about three weeks for repair, but I'm just glad that I don't have to put it down. ; - ;

So the woman who I got into the accident called me today, telling me that what I was telling the insurance companies was incorrect; that I did NOT turn on my turn signals and turned with no warning. She proceeded to tell me that I needed to keep my facts straight and not lie. I told her that I said everything that I said to the officer. With that in mind, I'm a bit frustrated right now. She's not the one who has to go to court, she's not the one who has it easy because they were in a rental car (Which by the way I'm pretty sure she's in a rental car because she got in an accident recently to begin with...).

I need a hug.

Cops can give out ridiculous tickets at time that don't seem fair. :/ It's annoying, and frustrating. My mom turned on her light, expecting the people with the red light to stop, as... is the law. Well, a car didn't stop and it hit her. Well, she was the one who got the ticket for not foreseeing an accident, or something stupid like that. I guess they wanted her to have physic abilities or something. >_> If I were you, I'd fight it and bring everyone else who was in the accident and whatnot so they can verify your story.

I'm really sorry that all that happened to you. When you said you had a rough month, I really didn't know it was this bad.

And you should have told the woman she shouldn't have been out of the kitchen in the first place, or none of this would've happened. D:< It's her fault, double fold!

*Huuuuug.*

You know I have a cell phone where you can call/text whenever you want, right?

Thanks you two. The words really do help a lot.

Things have been brighter over the past few days. I've been really busy with school which has kept my mind off of the car. I had a talk with my mom over the weekend. She asked me how I was doing in class and I responded that I was a bit distracted. She told me that I shouldn't worry about the ticket and that it was just money. I told her that money isn't what I was concerned about, I nearly died that day.

There was a long pause after that and her tone changed a lot. She told me to not concern myself with it. These sorts of accidents happen and it's a good life experience to realize how short life really is. She was just glad that I was okay, and that no one got hurt in the process.

Sure everyone's been telling me this the past week... But it's nice to hear it from my mom finally. I feel a bit more at ease thanks to that now. I'm sure everything will work out.

I honestly think that your mom was just putting up a wall to hide how scared she really was. I think her mind was full of what ifs, and therefor she made herself seem a little cold so that you wouldn't think about how bad it could've been as well, if that makes sense.

Moms can be weird like that. But I'm glad that you feel a lot better. ^^

Wait, wait... the lady who called you was the driver of the other car?

Is she even legally supposed to have any contact with you? That doesn't seem kosher, not at all.

And who is she to be telling you what you did or didn't do? If she was paying that much attention, why the hell did she get into the accident in the first place? Stupid people, wanting to avoid the consequences of their actions! Responsibility, folks! I know it's trendy to avoid it, but ... you know, I know idiots don't generally read this board (or at least this journal thread), and they wouldn't listen to me anyway, so I'm going to spare you my rant. --:)

I'm glad your mother had that talk with you. I think Alex is probably correct; sometimes people overcompensate in an opposite direction than expected when something intense happens.

And I'm really glad your car will be rehabilitated!

Things seem to finally be shifting for the better, or at least to how they used to be. I had prolly the best sleep ever last night (Which is good considering I didn't sleep at all the previous night... Darn Calculus test.). I sit here up before my room mate who once again has slept through his Math class. It's all just as it should be. Oh well, this always gives me a little time to be on BM and read through things anyways.

The car doesn't come to mind much anymore, and neither does the ticket either. This week's just been too beautiful to focus on negative things for me, well aside from class but I can deal with that. I've been spending a lot of time with my friends; going out, staying up late, watching movies... It's all been pretty enjoyable.

One of my close friends is worried and stressed about class right now so we went out yesterday to Taco Bell and Wal-Mart to cheer him up. He wanted to get an action figure or something so we ended up waiting about twenty minutes on him to pick something. It was like we were the parents asking the child "Are you sure that's what you want? Think about it, I don't want to come back here and have you want something else again." I thought it was pretty funny, although I seem to be the only one who noticed it.

Unfortunately with all of this in mind I realized what a boring person I am. XD

I feel I'm not social enough now that I've had a chance to think about things in a bit more depth. Sure I'm not the most socially awkward person in the hall (Which I've found out at college: There's always someone more awkward than you. -Nod-), but still.

I'm gonna try to go out more and what not. We'll see what happens.

Glad things are improving, babe. And you aren't boring. xD Just seems that way if you aren't doing much.​

My birthday... Well to say the least I've been looking forward to this day for a while, especially considering that year 18 was pretty sucky for me. Personally I consider a birthday to be like a New Year's sort of day, so I was looking forward to a fresh start this year. My birthday was a quiet day. We went to Church early in the morning and then had brunch at this small little bakery. It was really busy but so delicious; they had little buns that were really soft and fluffy. Other than that, most of the day was spent looking at plants and flowers for Spring gardening. I didn't mind it, since it was very calming.

My dad bought me a new set of speakers for my computer, and I'll be getting new glasses in a few weeks. This was all good and well, but as the day drew to an end, my parents told me they forgot to get me a cake. This was a little bit of a downer, considering that my dad had even bought birthday candles the previous day when we were out. Just having them forget like that was really draining on me and by the time I got back to the dorm, I was very much set on playing Starcraft II.

That Saturday night I received an e-mail from Blizzard saying that I was given an invite to the Starcraft II Online beta. I love Starcraft to death, and this literally made me ecstatic when I read the subject. To say the least I was all set for an exciting night of shooting Zerglings, building Carriers, and suicide bombing Terran structures. However as I load the installer, the bar doesn't move an inch. After ten minutes it was still at 0.0%. Recently my school had blocked all torrents along with Megaupload to attempt to hold back pirating, and the Starcraft II downloader works much like a torrent, so it was block as well. I slumped back into my chair and admitted defeat. Even though it may seem like a silly thing to be upset about, this is the game that I've been waiting for for about ten years now. I was positive at this point that there was always some force working against me.

My hall mates then came to see what was up, wishing me a happy birthday and what not. I just sort of eyed the downloader and they immediately knew what had happened. Although quiet at first, they soon dragged me to Wal-Mart. They got me a chocolate birthday cake, along with a Transformer to cheer me up. Although I didn't say it, this really cheered me up beyond belief. We got back to the dorm and ate the cake, which was so rich and delicious that I couldn't put it to words. Each of them ended up having a present for me and I was baffled that they all knew it was my birthday. I went the majority of High School not having my birthday known or mentioned, and here people knew about it without me even having to tell them. It was a wonderful night, and even though I have trouble telling them it some times, I love these guys to death.

I'm never complaining about not getting a cake again. I've gotten like four cakes in the past week. @_@

So, good news!

My car's waiting for me at the house, and my parents say that it's good as new! I'm really happy to hear this, and I can't wait to see her again. That car's my baby and not having her for the past few weeks has been hell for me. It also made me realize how nice the freedom of having a car was... ~_~

I'm a bit scared to drive again, I'm not gonna lie... Just like that bizarre sense of premonition that something bad's about to happen even though it may in fact be nothing. Ah well, we'll simply have to see as time goes on. I'm sure it's just in my head though.

Finals are coming up, and I'm a bit stressed, not gonna lie. I need to get a 4.0 GPA this semester to keep a scholarship of mine that's pretty essential. I have A's in all of my classes except for Chemistry II. I'm really bad at Chemistry, I've found. I study incredibly hard and I'm lucky to get a 60 on the exam. There's just so much information to go over that it just overloads my brain it seems. @_@ All I can do is try harder I suppose... Doing well on the final will replace one of my exam grades so I gotta do my best.

Friday I finally got to see my car again, beautiful and looking as good as knew. I would have hugged her and kisses her if it weren't for the fact that she was lightly caked in pollen. Driving again was amazing. To hear that engine purr loudly was just delightful. My dad asked me if my engine was always this loud and I proudly said yes.

Despite all of that I still drove pretty slowly. I wasn't expecting myself to be driving so soon and in traffic on top of it. I'm a bit scared to drive still and a little paranoid. I'm constantly worrying about cars coming up behind me and speeding...I'm sure it will pass with time though. These sorts of things go away eventually.

I have new glasses too! They're very light compared to my old metal frame ones. I took a few pics with my webcam but I'll put up better soon.

Other than that, my weekend's been pretty uneventful. I watched the store for my parents today, and did some gardening... I got a small orchid that I plan to put in my dorm.

Tomorrow will be the first day in almost a month that I drive by myself in the car. I'm sure everything will go okay but I still worry regardless.

Zalvek said:
Despite all of that I still drove pretty slowly. I wasn't expecting myself to be driving so soon and in traffic on top of it. I'm a bit scared to drive still and a little paranoid. I'm constantly worrying about cars coming up behind me and speeding...I'm sure it will pass with time though. These sorts of things go away eventually.

Tomorrow will be the first day in almost a month that I drive by myself in the car. I'm sure everything will go okay but I still worry regardless.
It's called "getting back on the horse", and I can tell you from long, repeated experience, yes, it does go away. Hell, I nearly got killed by a car door biking home little over a year ago. And I had to get on that bike and ride the rest of the way home.

You'll do fine. But yes, be as paranoid and careful as you want for a while; it can't hurt.

It's funny how the smallest little things can make you remember who you are some times...

A friend of mine recently started to go out with a guy. I was surprised when I heard this, considering that every time I spoke with her previously she had absolutely no interest at all in this guy since he was a bit on the socially awkward side. Still, I didn't find myself in any real position to protest or question her decision so I didn't say anything about the matter.

Then she sent me a text at about four in the morning saying how she didn't want to be in this relationship, that she caved into pressure from both her friends and her mother. I couldn't say I was too surprised honestly. Her mother for some reason has an almost disturbing level of interest in her daughter's relationships. I did what I always do, and told her that there's no point in having a relationship that's not going anywhere, when you have no feelings for your partner and know they will not develop. You don't have to be in a relationship to be happy.

Then something clicked in my brain.

"You don't have to be in a relationship to be happy..." I remember saying that to myself all the time. I think that since I got to college is when I started worrying more and more about a relationship. The majority of my friends all have girlfriends and do I sort of feel left out a times? I would be lying if I said no. However as all things do, this will pass. I have no doubt of that.

I've said this before although I don't know how many people have heard it: I don't need to love in order to be happy in life, I think. It's just another experience, and it isn't an absolute requirement for me to live. If I do end up by myself in the end, I've come to accept that possibility. I have nothing to complain about. I have some of the best friends in the world, parents who are absolutely insane but love me to death, and an education to keep my focus on.

Everything's going to be okay, because everything is already okay to begin with.

Just taking a quick coffee break, and I need to type a bit.
Studying Calc's going okay. I'm having a little trouble grasping the material but I have about 9 hours more to study before the exam. I really wish that was all I had to do, but then later that same day I have to take my Orientation class final. It's gonna be an essay and shouldn't be too bad. After that I'm clear for the rest of the day, but then there's a Chemistry exam Wednesday I need to study for. What I'm thinking is that I'll go to sleep after my last class at 2:30, and sleep until that night around 9 or 10. Then pull another all-nighter from there on studying for Chem. After the Chem exam which will be over by noon Wednesday, I have to go to court in Atlanta. I really wish I didn't have to drive there, but oh well. Funny thing, the most aggressive drivers are said to be in the Atlanta Georgia area. Funny that I'd get in an accident there...

After that I plan to pass out forever. I'm feeling a little lonely right now. I could use a hug again. Been dreading court for a while, and I feel like I did right after the accident again.

I could use a drink too.

I try to be optimistic about things when possible. I have a lot going for me I think. I have my health, parents who care for me (Although one can often question their methods and logic), and really awesome friends. Yet at the same time, I feel I haven't really been happy in a while. Maybe happy's not the right word for it either; content might work better. Things haven't really been going to hot for me for a while, well beyond just the past month or so. I always feel like I'm pretty low on luck.

I went through all of high school feeling the same way, but I was able to deal with it. I figured that's just how life was. But as of late I guess it's just really been getting to me. There's a lot of things that are making me feel this way actually. School, friends, parents, my love life (Or lack of one for that matter)... A bunch of tiny things that have slowly been accumulating and building up over time that have been slowly hacking away at my legs, until I'll eventually collapse. Am I at that point? I'm not sure, but I feel I need something good to happen soon. Anything really.

-does the bunny hop naked for him- Thats a good thing right?

I know... hollow : ( but, Im not gonna do the, "Don't worry. It'll work out." You gotta make it work.

Maybe you should try going for walks in the afternoons if you have nothing to do and finding a quiet spot to relax. It really helps sometimes to have just some space to yourself and time to think without overwhelming yourself. Bringing a book helps too.​

Today marks the start of the "Get Zal in shape" plan. I'm waking up early and going for long walks around my neighborhood. I live in a country club sort of area so it's pretty huge. After an hour of walking I probably didn't even walk a quarter of it. @_@ There's a lot of hills so I felt pretty good after I was done even though it was just walking. In addition to that I'm starting P90X. Liz has been recommending it to me for a while, so I've finally started. I didn't even last one session though. ^^; It's incredibly rough. Between that and daily DDR, I hope I'll be able to lose this gut of mine at least a little bit. ><

Plus it's really helped calm me down a bit. I feel a lot better compared to yesterday. I got my grades for all of my classes as well. B in Calc and C in Chem. I'm content with Chemistry, but I know I could have done better in Calc. However at the same time... I'm alright with it. Things will work out in the end.

DDR makes for great exercising. My sis lost a lot of extra weight playing it as much I did when she wanted to get rid of some extra pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom