Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Aftermath (Razgriz x Lustfull_Sin)

Jackson let out a barely-audible sigh as Punff pressed closer to him, feeling their bodies come together in a highly intimate manner as she returned his kiss; it was so strange: Before he didn't want anything at all to do with her. Hell, he even wanted to kill her and her friend! But now.....Now he saw the truth. She didn't do anything bad to him, and neither did Lanthe. They'd brought him back here and saved him from the clutches of Death itself. But whether this feeling would last once Punff allowed her magic to wear off, well...Only time would tell. But it wouldn't happen anytime soon, at least that was it how it would be seen.

Regardless, Jackson wrapped his arms around her a little tighter - not much considering how weak he still was - and helped them get even closer. It was at this point in time he felt a need begin to rise within him that he hadn't felt in a long time: The need for the touch of a woman. And Punff was providing it in spades, especially with how she was grinding against him like that. He felt his own body heat rise a little from the contact; it was here that he broke away from the kiss, their faces still only inches from each other, and said in a subdued tone, "Punff.....I'm sorry for how I treated you before. And for yelling at you....You were only trying to tell me the truth. It all makes sense now: Those Wolves at Onyx Town that talked about bringing me to their Alpha, those muscular women at Thunder City and their comments about having children, and that snakewoman that called me 'my love'. They all just wanted what was taken from them. But right now...I want you, Punff".

And with that, he resumed his kissing; after a few moments of liplocking again, his kiss trailed down further to nip at her neck before letting his head sink even farther down to kiss at her cleavage. His warm lips touched the valley between her mounds, then traveled over the wet flesh of the breasts themselves, gently leaving little imprints of heat as he kissed her all over, occasionally reaching down to lick and suck at her perked buds. He couldn't be rough with her if he tried; the combined physical weakness and effect of her wool made him a gentle giant, his semi-flaccid cock starting to rise more as the need to be inside her started to overcome his previous inability to get hard.

His kisses were searing. A hot path along her skin as he moved his lips from hers to her neck then to her breasts and nipples. She cried out, her chest pressing against his mouth, seeking more. She felt her insides clenching and her pussy tingling and aching as well. She need him inside her, now. "Jackson...." She whispered his name and slowly rose up on her knees, one hand having released itself from his hair and moved down, submerging into the water and took hold of his cock. "I want this...deep inside of me." She cooed, stroking him gently then squeezed him a little.

Without giving him a moment to say anything, she aligned his cock to her entrance and lowered her hips, feeling that blunt head parting her pedals and stretching her. Punff shuddered, her head tossed back as she took him inside little by little until she let herself drop and his cock was deeply nestled inside her heat. Punff savored the feeling of being invaded. Of feeling his cock pulsing against her walls. "I won't...let any female hurt you." She reassured him. Punff wasn't of course going to fight against Lanthe for the claim on Jackson since they were both like sisters and both deserved to have Jackson. Punff of course did not want to lose his trust and will try her best to remove herself before he is able to release himself inside of her. The last thing she wanted was for him to think she tricked him or something in order to get his seed.

Slowly, Punff began to lift her body, then drop it, moving up and down on his shaft, both hands holding onto his shoulder. "Oh dear beings up in the sky, this feels wonderful. J-Jackson....Oh....Oh Jackson.." She kept a nice and easy pace, not wishing to have Jackson over exert himself. The last thing she would want was for him to lose any strength he had thanks to her eagerness in being fucked.

If Jackson were in his right mind, there was no way he'd be doing or saying any of this with Punff; though it seemed the Weresheep's magic-imbued wool had a much different effect when submerged in water, serving to relax his previous iron-clad hatred of all Mamono and increase his own desire for the touch of a woman. The way she moaned and squirmed, pressing her soft mound and pert pud against his lips even more, also served to get him hotter under his non-existent collar. "All...yours, Punff" Jackson replied in a cooing fashion to her words, his stiffened flesh starting to weakly pulse in her grasp.

As Punff placed the bulbous tip against her petals and started to take him, Jackson became a little more lightheaded as more energy was dedicated to keeping him nice and hard for her. Her heated, ridged walls grasped him so tightly, already clenching his manhood like a vicegrip. When she finally took him in to the hilt, his cock started to grow just a little bit more, the fleshy head now pressing firmly against the entrance to her womb, the entirety of his male flesh pulsing with desire as she began to ride him ever so gently. His hands soon moved to grasp her shapely ass, his fingers resting against the pale flesh of her cheeks; it was unlikely he'd be able to do anything, but small tugs would be felt as Jackson pulled her down bit each time she was on the downstroke.

How Jackson missed this feeling, this sensation of being inside a woman like this; even before the four years of hell he'd endured, he'd never actually been with a female in this manner for a number more prior. "Y...You're tellin' me, baby....Been way...too long...." he managed to breathe out as their sexes rubbed each other in the most sensual way possible, her flat smooth stomach and luscious breasts pressing and rubbing against his own body as their heated coitus continued; even with the easy pace Punff had set, the water was starting to slosh around and spill over the edges a little. "Holy.....Punff, your body.....incredible" Jackson uttered once more, his strong hands leaving her backside to rest on the wool around her neck, weakly pulling her in for another kiss.

Her eyes glowed, reflecting the her arousal. Her pussy throbbed around his shaft and Punff couldn't help, but rub herself harder against him, like an animal marking that which belonged to them. Looking into his eyes, she saw his glowing with pleasure as well. Moaning, she leaned down, feeling the gentle tug on her wool and her lips met his. Soft, gentle. This gentle moment was getting her hyped up. To finally have this human in the most gentle of ways. Her hips moved slow still. This moment was too perfect to ruin by going fast. No. Nice and slow.

Punff nibbled his lip, trailing her lips along his unshaven jawline until she reached his ear. "Your body...is even more-"She moaned in his ear"- incredible. Your penis...feels so...amazing. Its...hitting deep...inside. I can feel it throbbing...against my inner walls." Why was it, that when she spoke, it seemed to heat her up more and more. What if she moved a bit faster? Would it be okay? Sucking on his neck, then kissing it, Punff little by little picked her speed with her hips. Moving just a tad bit faster, but not so much. She could hear more water sloshing out and hitting the floor with soft splashes.

Her breathing grew a bit labored as well. "J-Jackson...I want to make you...feel so good. I...I want to make...make you happy. Happy...to..be here...to be...with me...and with Lanthe." She said, her hips rocking. "I will...do anything.....b-but...I..I wont...take your seed." Her lips pressed to his ear. "I want to earn it. I...want...to fully...earn your trust."

Jackson loved the yielding quality of the Weresheep's nubile form; her soft flat stomach rubbed with such heat against his own steely abdomen, and he could feel the stiff peaks of her nicely-sized tits grinding sensually against his pectorals. felt Punff's insides tightening and releasing around him, stroking and massaging his manhood as her folds rose and fell along its length; the thick tip reached deeper and deeper inside her, the hard shaft being covered in delightful heat and love juices, rubbing every inch of the walls of her tight pussy. Eventually, the head of his cock started to bump against the opening to her womb, but he didn't pay it mind; he was too lost in the foggy, weakly lustful state of mind Punff's wool and his own exhaustion - even if it didn't really seem as such at the moment - was causing him.

The soldier shivered as his caregiver's warm lips trailed the stubble of his strong jawline, the hot breath on the free-dangling bit of his ear adding to the sensation as she spoke sweet nothings to him. It only got better as she gave gentle suction to his (admittedly) weakened pulse and increased the motion of her hips, the ridge of his flared head banging into her cervix with more frequency and dragging along her inner walls even quicker. It wasn't long after she sped up that he felt something he'd been deprived of for so long: The heat in the loins, that tingling a man gets when his own pleasure is about to peak. It wasn't all that strong, not yet, but even in his semi-deprived state he could feel it.

Over and over again, her pussy squeezed his increasingly throbbing shaft, the velvet-like walls wrapping around his cock like a perfect sleeve; barely noticeable at first, the pulsing steadily grew as their coital embrace continued, pushing against her walls and pussy lips with greater rapidity and strength. His hands had since drifted down to just above her hips, and after a few minutes rested on the soft round curves of her ass. His fingers dug weakly into the plump flesh, as if to hold her there but with no real resistance. "Punff...You alre...already make me feel....feel happy to be here..." he replied, his own breathing starting to get heavier as well. The tingling was now all over his rigid moderately-throbbing member, his sack - filled with cum ready to be ejected - starting to tighten as his release neared. Whether or not it would be into her waiting womb or some other place remained to be seen.

This was bad. She was about to climax. Her pussy throbbed around his, tightening and loosening, back and forth which only increased her pleasure. She moaned and gasped against his ear, her body rocking back and forth against his body as her pussy devoured his shaft over and over. “J-Jackson...I'm...c-close....I'm close. M-My body......” She moaned, holding on tighter, her hips continuing with their assault.

If she kept this up, something bad might happen. She didn't want him to release inside her, she swore she wouldn't take his seed. Kissing his neck, she whimpered in delight and whispered in his ear. “I...I'm...about to...release...J-Jackson.....My body.....I'm going...to climax......b-but...I...I c-can't...t-take......take your...seed.....I'll..make you...feel good..though....” She sucked his ear lobe between her lips, her stomach clenching as her climaxed was about to teeter over the edge. Before she could let it topple, she raised herself completely off him just as she orgasmed, her hand shooting down into the water and wrapped around his cock, pumping it fiercely. While her body quivered, she worked his shafted, adding pressure to help him better. “Climax. Please. Climax. I want to see you.” She wanted to see how he looked. How his body moved as he released and pumped his seed. Oh, to one day feel that hot liquid shooting deep within her and have it trickling down her inner thighs.

“Does it feel good? Yes? I want...to make...you happy.”She kissed him, her tongue slipping between his lips to search for his.

It would be Punff's lucky day today; due to Jackson's physical fatigue, something like an orgasm would take precious time to build up. Her words and touches did serve to heat him up, a factor that also played on the heat of their bodies rubbing together so sensually; her hot breath washing over his skin as she kissed and sucked on the more sensitive parts of his body didn't help her either. "Punff....Oh god, can't hold....." he moaned out as her tight channel suckled his impressive length with ever increasing fervor, his hips bucking up to try and empty his sperm deep inside her, the rod of stiff flesh rubbing against her pulsing folds and its bulbous tip pressing against her womb's entrance. However, he would find himself out of luck; the shock of the now-lukewarm water would have killed his erection were it not for Punff continuing to stroke him and her magic which still sat diluted in the water.

As his peak neared, Jackson's breathing deepened before the pleasure became too much to handle; he threw his head back and moaned loudly only to be quickly stifled by Punff's liplock, his cock throbbing wildly in her grasp as his cum raced up his cock. Soon the white spurts of semen erupted from the tip of his pulsing dick, some reaching up to splatter against the undersides of her full tits and streak across her flat stomach. With each jet, his hips bucked up and a moan roared into Punff's mouth; he could feel his stomach muscles clenching as his cum splattered over the front of her body.

As his climax subsided, the last few spurts landed just above her pussy and on the insides of her thighs; overall, not much left his balls, likely due to the fact his body still had not fully recovered even with the rehabilitating efforts Punff and Lanthe gave him. Much like any machine, Jackson for the longest time had kept up momentum, allowing him to power through his unwanted stay on Umbre/Deseus; however, this cold start provided by the aftermath of a timely heart attack made him have to recover his ailing body. And as proof of this, Jackson promptly passed out after his orgasm stopped completely, his head lolling limply against the edge of the tub and his mind once more drifting into the land of dreams.

She jerked him, moaning as she took in his moans and pleasure filled screams into her mouth. She felt his cock throb against her hand, his cock spasmed until it errupted. Punff felt his hot semen land on her skin, coating her belly and breasts. It tingled all over, making her stomach fluttery from the feeling. She pulled away, her lips still pressed to his, curved in a smile as he shook, letting go of his semen. Some spurt onto her thighs and a bit teasing the top of her pussy. When she felt him still, Punff pulled away, seeing his head loll to the side. “J-Jackson? Jackson....are...you-” oh no, did she kill him? Oh by the entities around, she killed him. His climaxed killed him. She was a murdered. How could she have done-

“Punff!?! What do you think you are doing?” Lanthe yelled, having to appear in the door way.

Punff screeched and jumped away in surprise, only to slip and fall over the edge, landing hard on the floor, water spattering everywhere. “O-Oww~...”she rubbed her head and sat up. Realizing Lanthe just caught her in the act of murdering Jackson, she had to clear things up. “I-Its not what it looks.” She sat up, and grabbed hold of the tub, her head woozy from the fall and from having to get up to fast. “Please..Lanthe..its not-”

“I'm outside, tending the garden, thinking all is well here with you and the human and here I find you......raping the poor man.” Lanthe said, looking at Jackson and frowned. “Why is he not moving. Punff....did you-”

“I didn't mean to.” Punff began to cry. “H-He...He climaxed...and....then...then he went s-still...”

Lanthe moved closer and looked at Jackson. She saw his chest rise and fall a little, just barely and that relieved her. “Its alright...he's alive. He just....fainted.” She chuckled. “He's still a little weak.” Reaching into the tub, Lanthe grabbed hold and easily lifted Jackson out of the tub, not caring about getting soaked. “Here. Prepare his bed real quick. We should let him rest.”

Both females settled him back into bed, drying him up and covering him with a blanket. They let him rest, leaving him be, Lanthe questioning Punff as to what happened while she was in the garden.

Jackson could not feel a thing, even as he was thrown effortlessly over Lanthe's shoulder and the towels caressed his form; it had been quite some time since he'd felt anything like he'd experienced with Punff, so the shock undoubtedly wracked his body beyond what it was capable of handling. Even as he was tucked back into bed, no clothes to be had but the sheets plenty warm and comfortable to help his slumber continue for as long as he needed, only a few grunts would be heard from him.

Of course, Punff wasn't entirely to blame for the human's predicament; he could have looked past the fact that his saviors were the beings he'd been sent to fight and kill in the first place, but seeing his comrades be taken by them stoked the raging flames of his hatred for the Mamono. And years of being on the run hardened him even further to acts of kindness they might have demonstrated; one could argue it was a necessity given that he was apparently the last free human male on the planet. But it still didn't excuse his behavior, nor did it excuse the fact that he practically dared the sheepwoman to rape him while he was virtually incapable of meaningful resistance.

As the hours ticked by, the man's energy slowly returned to him due to the great care the two females had given him during his stay here; though whether it might bolster his disposition when or if he awoke would remain to be seen. Eventually, a groan left his throat and his eyes barely parted; what the fuck happened, he wondered. He then felt cloth surrounding him, his eyes opening more to reveal that he was back in the large and very comforting bed. "How did I....When did I?" Jackson thought to himself, his body too stiff to move all that much and further evidenced when sparks of discomfort coursed him upon trying to sit up. The last he remembered, he was in that freezing ass cold bathtub and the sheep; what the hell happened? Were he not so weak from having that 'encounter' with Punff, he might have been able to put two and two together.

Slumping back on the mattress, he let his body rest for now; though if either of them came back, he would get some damn answers because he knew he sure as HELL did not drag himself out of the tub. "Whatever those damned freaks did....Couldn't have been any good" he grumbled weakly, his revulsion for being here with these 'monsters' still very much present in his voice.

It was already late in the day and supper had been prepared. A delicious veggie stew and Lanthe made some bread as well since the Jackson would need plenty of it to help him feel full. She even milked herself and boil her milk to offer to him in order to get even more vitamins into his system. He was so skinny, his ribs showing badly against his skin, Lanthe still worried that the poor thing would die on them. Having heard what had happened with he and Punff, she had been slightly upset, but not to much. She was rather proud to hear that Punff didn't want Jackson's seed, not yet that is. The last they would want was to make things worse by making a child and chances were, Jackson would not want for it would be more like them then human. Human as she checked on the milk, she turned and smiled to Punff, seeing the sheepwoman peeling away at some oranges.

“Why don't you take some and see if Jackson is awake.” She had learned his name thanks to Punff. It was better than just calling him, 'he, him or human.' “I'll bring over some milk once it's ready okay. If he's awake, see if he'll want something to eat. No doubt he'll be quite famished, especially after your ordeal in the tub with him.” Lanthe chuckled.

Blushing a bit, Punff nodded and grabbed a small bowl and filled with with already sliced oranges. Leaving the kitchen, she went over to the room he was occupying and peeked in. Seeing him awake and looked rather upset, she knocked on the door frame and stepped in. “Why hello there Jackson. How are you feeling? Are you hungry? Would you care for some oranges? I picked them and peeled them myself.” She moved towards him and offered him the bowl, a smile on her sweet, young face. Punff figured that what happened in the tub changed everything when it came to he and his feelings towards them. She feels and assumes that he's okay, well okay with Lanthe and she, which was better than anything. “Lanthe made some stew, oh and some fresh bread and even delicious hot milk if you care for it. I'm sure you're pretty hunger, especially after....uhh...we.....”She blushed pink, unable to finish the sentence. Just thinking about it had her pressing her thighs together.

Did he remember what had happened? He looked a bit upset. Perhaps it was just from the hunger. Yes. That was it. He was probably hungry and tired. Those two things could make anyone upset.

Jackson just continued to lay there like a lump on a log, his back resting against the headboard of the bed; he hated this feeling. Feeling so damn vulnerable...It was like basic all over again, except there weren't any regulations here. This was Deseus, a prime example of humanity's failed attempts to colonize a world. Of course, many had been successful but more than a few they had to abandon; it was like that for anything new, though. There was always risk, and the soldiers were often the ones who got put right into the shit and told "Good luck". But all the same, his body was in fact famished; though it didn't even seem to have the energy to grumble he was so depleted.

"Damn it all...How the hell'd you get yourself in this mess, ya moron?" he muttered lowly to himself; of course, he knew how it happened for the most part but he was still pissed it happened. And there was the issue of what that...woman told him. That much he remembered; he was basically a giant walking cock, eager for the girls here to grab and use as they please. His body trembled slightly in a shudder; no way in hell would he ever let one of those 'things' fuck him. Little did poor Jackson realize that which he was trying to not let happen, did happen. His thoughts were momentarily distracted upon hearing a knock at the door, his eyes wandering to see the Weresheep standing there with what looked like a bowl of fruit.

"Oh, it's you...Fantastic" he grumbled, clearly not happy to see her here; the last he remembered she was in the washroom, asking if he needed help cleaning before his world blacked out. His mind was still somewhat groggy, but his despise for the Mamono ran far deeper than memory. He even went so far as to miss the point behind her little stutter; in a bout of impatience, he then finished for her, "After I finished my bath? What's with this 'we' crap? You just stood there, crying because I was pissed about being taken fucking hostage". He then let out a heavy sigh, adding exasperatedly, "I don't know how I ended up in this bed...I bet I blacked out or something stupid like that, so....Thanks. For making sure I didn't drown, I guess". Part of him would have gladly taken drowning over being stuck here; at least with that his fate would have been final. But it seemed like his desire to live was starting to soften him up; even though it was only a few days, even his saying 'thank you', especially considering this was the second time he did so, was a pretty gigantic achievement.

Thankfully for Punff, it seemed like their little session had tired him quite a bit; it was like the minutes preceding and hours following the bath were lost to him, though one might wonder how long this apparent amnesia would hold out or if someone would let anything slip that might indicate the truth. It was also at this point that Jackson's empty belly made it very well known just how empty it was; a loud rumble was heard, the man even feeling his abdominal region vibrate a bit. As much as his pride didn't want him to say it, his rational side kicked in and made him speak, "You know what....That all sounds good. And I'll take some of those oranges, too..."

Her lips opened and closed, like a fish almost. She just stood there, surprised at the way he was reacting and speaking to her. “You don't remember anything?” She whispered faintly. Was his climax so strong that he managed to wipe out that part from his mind? Nibbling her lip, Punff looked down at the floor. If she told him the truth, he would get upset. More upset than what he was now. Should she lie? She didn't want to, but she didn't want him to be mad at her either. She had no choice. Lying it was. “ Lanthe found you....after I left crying. She managed to save you from drowning.” She said. Hearing the words 'thank you' touched her heart, but how many more would she get from him. He was very determined to keep hating her kind.

Saying nothing else, she looked down at the bowl filled with peeled oranges. Should she just leave them there by the stand? Give it to him personally? Debating, Punff looked up at him, then the bowl, then at him again and back at the bowl. She was about to offer until she was cut off when he spoke. Her ears perked up and twitched. She couldn't help, but smile either. “I just picked them today. They are very sweet.” Unable to help herself, she walked over to him and placed the bowl on his lap. “They're also very juicy. Here, here, try some.” Punff reached for one of the peeled oranges and split it, breaking off a slice and raised it to his lips. “Open up.” Punff nudged the slice against his lips, hoping he would open up for her. She wasn't doing this on purpose. Far from it. It was just instinct in a sense. Her kind were made to please men.

From behind her, Lanthe walked in with a tray topped with a bowl, some bread and some more fresh fruit and fresh, warm milk. “Punff, is Jack-” She stopped at the doorway, seeing Punff. “Punff, what are you doing?” She asked, seeing the frown on Jackson's lips.

Looking over her shoulder, Punff smiled. “I'm feeding him of course. He's a little weak, so I thought I could be of help.”

“Oh..uhhh....w-well....”Stepping in, Lanthe set the tray on the small table near the corner of the room. “Would you care to finish the fruit or would you rather have some stew?” She asked, feeling the hostility within the room. She already felt that Punff wasn't heping that much.

Jackson just watched as she stood there, her mouth trying to form words but no sound leaving; what was her problem anyway? Now he felt something was off...Very off. "Is that right..." was his reply to her statement about how Lanthe pulled him from the water, his eyes narrowing in suspicion at her. Even in his foggy state of mind, her physical cues were just too off-putting to ignore and he couldn't afford to get taken by surprise anymore. Not when he was in this state. Though her little offer of feeding him caught him off-guard; he recoiled a bit when she suddenly pressed the piece of fruit against his mouth. Well, to him it was sudden anyway; his reflexes were still far from optimal, and his inherent but muted paranoia made him a tad jumpy.

"Don't do that...." he grumbled, reaching up to grab the fruit for himself; it was here he heard another voice. His eyes wandered over to see other resident...thing in this house. "I ain't a damn baby..." was his grumble, taking Punff's words in slightly the wrong way. He tried to sit up more, but felt a twinge of pain run through his abdomen; what the hell happened, he wondered. Not to mention the proximity of Punff's wool was making him noticeably lightheaded, his body wavering slightly before a hand reached out to grip the headboard for stability; he then said to the Weresheep directly, "Can you get away...from me? Feels like my eyelids are made of lead. I don't know what it is, but being near you makes me drowsy as fuck and I don't like it".

He then turned his attention to the Holstaurus, adding in his still somewhat-sleepy tone of voice "'Fore I eat anything....You're gonna answer some questions of mine". Letting out a stifled yawn and a muted curse for doing so, Jackson then asked, "When exactly were you planning on telling me...about your kind's little 'situation', anyway?" He then decided to ask, just because his gut was telling him something wasn't right, "And did you pull me out of the tub like your friend said you did? Or was that another bald-faced lie?"

Hearing ask that she get away made her smile turn into a frown. She forgot about how her wool affects men.

Lanthe stepped forward and took Punff by the shoulders before she ended up making the poor man fall asleep before he was able to get his answers, though surely getting a good rest would do him wonders. “Come dear, sit over here......away from him for the moment.” She said, forcing Punff onto the chair near the small table.

With her frown still, Punff looked down at the ground, a bit sad that she couldn't get near Jackson without causing him to fall asleep. If wasn't her fault. It was just the way she her kind was made. The rubbed themselves against a male and made them fall asleep and from their, they would awaken to seeing a Wheresheep rubbing against them, naked and ready. Cuddling always came after. She wanted that. She wanted to cuddle, but Jackson didn't want to cuddle, he wanted answers and the truth, especially about him being hauled out of the tub.

With Punff safely away from Jackson, Lanthe grabbed the tray and set it on his lap. He should eat while she explained to him about the 'situation' that was affecting not only her kind and Punff's, but every single race here on this planet. Nibbling on her thumb nail, Lanthe pondered on where to start. “Well....we...honestly didn't know how best to approach you when it came to that. You seemed rather.....angry...and hostile against us. I thought that perhaps....if you had a change of heart when it came to Punff and I, then we would tell you so you would better get a grasp of it.” She nibbled her lip. “We weren't going to hurt you and we still aren't Jackson. Our kind aren't dangerous.” A little white lie, but he didn't have to know the full details about them. “ We wanted to show you that not all females of this planet are....well....crazy for a male.” They technacly were, but at least they had a sense of control. Grabbing the other chair next to Punff, she moved it near the bed, though still had a good distance for she knew how much Jackson wanted some space. She settled her hands on her lap, her foot tapping on the floor lightly. “As for the tub, I did pull you out. You seemed to have just...fainted and I managed to get you before you slipped fully in the water.” She had managed to hear Punff while she was out in the hallway. The last thing she wanted was to upset him even more. She sighed. “Look, I understant you honestly don't wish to be here. Be around us or deal with us, truly we understand. We're not going to force ourselves upon you and neither will we subject you to forcibly mate with us. We just....couldn't leave you there in that forest to rot away or worse, get captured by another female. I think its safe and honest to say that you're rather lucky that we found you and no one else.”

As soon as Punff moved away from him, he felt his drowsiness slowly taper off until he was in a clearer state of mind. Well, as clear as he could be anyway; he was still incredibly drained and it would still take a fair bit of effort for him to return to one hundred percent. Then again, he'd never been at his fullest; truth be told, it was only because he kept moving that his body didn't give out on him. It was running on momentum alone and had to give out at some point; little did Jackson realize what a favor Punff did for him when she rubbed against him after he smacked into a tree. But, that didn't change his mentality, didn't change that despite the hospitality these two were showing him he still loathed their presence.

And it seemed Lanthe was more perceptive, or at least accepting, of that viewpoint; however, in Jackson's eyes even she seemed to slightly marginalize the fact that he was "angry and hostile". Even as she set the tray down in his lap his gaze never moved from her, though the delicious scent of the food was very difficult to ignore. So, in agreement with Lanthe's unspoken desire, he began to eat; each mouthful of the stew flooded his gut with warmth and energy, the bread provided that filling sensation and the milk served to help wash it all down and further warm him. All the while, he still listened as Lanthe explained he was lucky.

Though her persistence at understanding irked him; she understood? Even still, he found himself starting to loosen up in their presence, but the edge in his voice was still very much there as he paused in eating and replied, "You understand, huh? You understand the loss I felt? The sense of failure to all those people I couldn't save? You understand that for who knows how long, I've been hunted like an animal?" He then pointed to a large set of four scars along his chest, "See this? I got this because I fought against you. But it turns out I wasn't even going to be killed....I could have lived with that, you know. If you and all the rest of your kind were hunting me down to kill me, it would have made no difference. I would have died as a soldier did...On the field of battle with a deathgrip on his gun. But no, she...." He then stopped to point at Punff before continuing, "tells me that I'm being hunted, I'm being pursued to help make more Mamono. More things that raid settlements and take the people for their needs. Do you know how many friends I lost because your kind couldn't keep it in their pants? Do you understand the magnitude of that?"

Punff jumped as he pointed at her. She whimpered a bit and looked away.

Lanthe frowned, nibbling her lip. “You don't know...the full story as to the reason why human males were being attacked and raped and accidently killed. You see.....this planet didn't just have only females. We had males as well. No one bothered to mention that to any of the humans that appeared because all they cared about was seeing the males that were appearing and hoping to finally mate and breed. We all felt as if we had been given a new chance, but....when most of the males came with females, it was....a bit hard I should say. We aren't used to the way you humans tend to stay with each other. The males here would seek out a female of interest and if another male appeared, they would fight until the strongest one won and claimed their female. Some males had harems, impregnating every one of his females. Some did couple up and stayed with each other, but that was only a select few.”

She paused for a moment before continuing. “Jackson.....something.....happened.....Every single male on this planet died by something unknown. One by one, they grew sick until death wrapped around their soul and took them. We could not figure out what it was. At first we thought each species was attacking one another. Some species cross bred, but that was rare. But when we all saw that every single male was ailing, we panicked as did the males. There had been a handful and the females..well.......we live to mate and breed. Females fought one another at a chance to breed with whatever male was available even if it wasn't of their own kind. Mother had mated with the very last male, hoping to at least get a child, a male hopefully, out of him...but to no avail.”

Punff spoke up, wanting to add to the story. “We never figured out how they died. We all ate the same thing. Drank the same water. Slept in the same place, but we didn't understand why.” She shook her head. “It was so hard. One thing led to another and now, someone blaming someone so us females have been in a war with each other.” Thinking for a moment, Punff brightened up. “ Maybe you can help us? You humans had all that technology stuff. Maybe you can use it to figure out why all our males died.”

“Punff...” Lanthe didn't want to get her hopes up.

“Please Jackson. I know you hate us. I know you don't want to have anything to do with us, but just imagine the good you'll be doing. If you help, then perhaps all the females will stop trying to get to you........maybe....”

Jackson's brow ticked as she tried to justify her people's behavior; did she even UNDERSTAND what she was trying to say? That it was alright to take humans because their men were dying off? That because they weren't used to the monogamous nature of humankind that they would just break families apart like that? "I'm sorry, but what part of this is supposed to make me feel sorry for you? Maybe I didn't make myself clear...You TORE APART FAMILIES". OK, now his throat and chest were starting to hurt from raising his voice, but she was really starting to tick him off. But he noticed it didn't hurt that much from before; was he getting his strength back?

Mentally shaking the ache away, he continued, "You ripped apart families that had a husband, wife, and kids. Honestly, I don't care what happened to your men; do you really think that just up and makes what you did right? What if humans and your kind weren't compatible? Then what? And you said it yourself...The males came with the females. You know why? Because most of us chose a partner for life". He then shot a glare at Punff as she chimed; her request then almost floored him. She wanted his help? She REALLY had the nerve to ask that of him? And when she tried to appeal to his sense of decency, he couldn't help but chuckle, his shoulders and torso shaking as he bowed his head, a rather strange grin crossing his features. "Yeah, and maybe I'll just end up in the same situation again. And if your friend told me is any indication...They might not be as 'hospitable' as you two are. So tell me - in light of the fact that I've run myself ragged, been attacked repeatedly, and kidnapped by you two - what motivation do I have to stick my neck out like that?"

After a few moments of silence, Jackson then added, "And even if I did...You do realize that I'm a soldier, right? That blue suit I wore, you know, which you STILL haven't given back and won't tell me where it is? That's armor, it's something we humans cover ourselves in whenever we fight. I ain't no freaking scientist. I don't know anything about....whatever causes massive dieoffs. The most training I've had in saving a life is either shocking someone to restart their heart or cleaning a nasty gash on the field to stop them from bleeding to death". Well, truthfully, he WAS cross-trained in some technical aspects: Heavy armor piloting, code-breaking, using guidance systems for laser-guided weaponry, and a number of other fields. But that was nothing special; every Delta Force soldier had to be taught those on some basic level. People would often go on to enhance their proficiency, but Jackson chose the way of the guns, 'nades and blades.

Jackson then heaved a sigh, leaning back against the comfortable pillows lying on the headboard, "It's obvious you two just don't get it...You really think you weren't the only ones hurt? Didn't you even consider what your kind might have done to those families? You claim that seeing your men die off was tragic; well, didn't the human females feel that way when they learned their husband or lover wasn't coming back? Do you know how many times my fellow soldiers and I had to break the news to a grieving widow that the man she loved wouldn't be coming home? To have to tell their kids they wouldn't be seeing their dad again? Do you know...how hard that was to do? How much it damaged our pride when we couldn't stop it from happening again?" Jackson didn't shed a single tear, but the tone and volume was more than enough to convey the true duty and pain he felt for the humans who were still there. His teeth grimaced as he concluded with, "And goddammit, I threw away everything I had...My family on Earth, a woman I still had feelings for, my future...Just to make sure those last few humans didn't get taken too! I lost a lot of good friends because of your inability to cope with loss! How do you think I feel?! Huh?! If you don't care about the other humans, then what about me?!"

Technically, Punff and Lanthe didn't personally rip anyone apart from anyone, it was the others, but it didn't matter what was said, Jackson was right.

Punff felt like her hopes and heart had been taken, thrown on the floor and stomped on...more like stampeded on. She said, her eyes focused on the floor.

Lanthe nibbled her lip a bit, her little cow ears twitching. He had a point. There kind ruined the humans life more than anything. They had been spoiled in a sense, having the things they wanted right there within reach. To have to steal was a bad thing and the females of this planet stole those already taken males.

When he mentioned he had a female back where he came from, Punff paled. He had a female, he was taken and she....they......in the tub.....together........Her eyes fogged up with tears and she sniffled. “I-I'm...s-so sorry...I-I....didn't....know.....I....” She got up and rushed out of the room.

Lanthe called out, but the Weresheep was gone. There was nothing else that could be done. They couldn't force him to stay and to hear he was still, more or less taken. Creatures like them never mated with already taken males, it wasn't right. For Punff to hear he had a female back home, well damn, it would take a while to get her out of her depression. “ We're selfish creatures. Very selfish. We didn't care if a human male was taken. We just wanted to do what was basic nature. We are, after all, animals, nothing can change that. It was selfish of Punff to ask you for help.” Lanthe sighed, rubbing her temple. “ Maybe....not having males around is a good thing. A good way of punishing us or something.” She shrugged. “It might not help, but...just know that creatures like me...like Punff...the more docile ones, we never took taken human males. It wasn't in our nature Maybe you should only be mad that the other ones, the darker creatures.” She stood up and went over and grabbed the tray off him and stepped back to give him his space. “You will stay and recover. You can keep hating us and be angry at all of us. Just tolerate Punff and I as we feed and are for you and once youre recovered....I'll give you back that suit thing you had on and you can leave and hopefully go back home, to the female you have. You are the last male, so it would be best to get you off this planet or else.....” They both knew what the or else meant. “If you need anything else, just let me know. If not, then you should rest, regain your strength. If you have trouble sleeping...I'll...umm..send Punff to help you.” She tried to smile, but it faltered, so she didn't bother. Turning away, she headed to the door, giving Jackson time to himself.

Jackson's chest rose and fell a little after his outburst, his eyes shifting heatedly between the Holstaurus and the Weresheep. "Whew....Damn that felt good" he muttered inaudibly; well, now everything was out in the open. He felt like he'd been pretty honest already, but saying that out loud...It lifted a pretty large weight of his shoulders. Maybe it was because he hadn't really said it before, to anyone, but now that he did, it felt pretty good. For about thirty seconds anyway, for when Punff ran out of the room crying, he felt a twinge of guilt run through him. But he quashed it; sorry as she might have been, a simple apology wouldn't cut it yet.

But it being quashed wouldn't have changed had Lanthe not spoken up; he felt a little more guilty than before. Maybe he was being a bit harsh; after all, they hadn't really done anything to harm him. No, no, they were the bad guys here. Their greed and need for men forced humanity to be like this...Still, he knew not everyone was a cold-hearted bastard. And deep down he wasn't either; when he and his ex split up, it was hard for a while. It really was, but he did get over it eventually. Still didn't help that she decided to enlist too; though he wasn't too surprised when he heard she'd been selected for Delta Force training. She really was one tough firecracker. She wasn't in the same unit he was, but she was Delta Force nonetheless. Maybe he was being a bit unfair...But how would they feel in his shoes? Maybe in a way they did, now that he was really thinking about it.

He kind of just sat there as Lanthe came and took the tray, his mouth only muttering "Yeah...Sure" before the caring Holstaurus left the room. His mind mulled over everything she just said to him and how things were back on Earth. No doubt the failure of the colonization would bring morale down; that was something people put a lot of time and money into making happen. He wondered how his family would react...He knew he'd be listed KIA, like all other Delta Force soldiers, just like the man who previously led his unit. "Marcus, you crazy bastard" was the soldier's only thought; part of him wished that he'd made it off, that he'd kicked Mamono ass and found a way off...Though that just made him wish he'd gone with him. Deep down, however, he knew no one was coming back for him; this space was condemned now. Which meant he'd have to find his own way off this rock. "Mom...Dad...Tell my little bro and my girl I'm sorry. A soldier's gotta do what he's gotta do" he then said with a wry smile, his eyes peering lazily up at the smooth brown ceiling.
*Location: Sol System, Earth. Date: Wednesday, August 25, 3648. Shuttle Designation "Viper-Two-Two" on approach to Locklear UNSC Facility. On board: Lance Corporal Adam Kinsey, Warrant Officer David Williams, Gunnery Sergeant Dmitri Bolsov, and Second Lieutenant Damon Richards. First Lieutenant Jackson Whitelock and Squad Captain Marcus Redwin listed KIA*

A small hole appeared next to the Earth in the vacuum of space; about five dozen small shuttles carting the last of the escapees from Deseus making their way back home. On shuttle "Viper-Two-Two", the rest of Jackson's unit sat in silence, having come out of cryo-stasis not long ago. It took them a while, even traveling through subspace, to finally make it back to Earth. Even with four years of travel time, they just thought of that last sight: Jackson jumping into that ATLAS without a second thought, abandoning himself to those...things...in order to save them. "Hey, come on, guys...I know he's gone, but I'm sure he's still...." Kinsey, a relative greenhorn to Delta Force but still a fierce soldier, tried to speak, but Williams just snapped, "Shut it, rook...Damn it, first the Squad Captain and now our El-Tee. Talk about a Pyrrhic victory". Bolsov removed his helmet, revealing his ruffled short brown waves and dulled grey-blue eyes, and replied in his thick Russian accent, "Dolbo yeb.....It wasn't even a victory; we had to run with our tail between our legs and we still lost two comrades".

"Enough, you two...They both threw themselves to the wolves to make sure we got home safe" said Richards, also removing his helmet but revealing a buzzed blond head and sea-green hues. "Kinsey, I know what you're trying to say and I agree. We all know Whitelock; he ain't the type to go down without a fight. Still...I don't have to remind you what Command said about those who got left behind. So, any volunteers?" Another period of hushed silence; no one liked being the bearer of bad news. "Alright then...I'll do it. But only for the family....One of you three can handle the ex" was Richards' only reply; no objections were had. They would decide on who would get that duty once their boots hit the dirt.

Soon enough, they landed; as the unit disembarked, they made their way to check back in and do a head count. In total of the five hundred and thirty thousand total standard UNSC Marines and Delta Force soldiers deployed to protect the colony...three hundred and seventy six thousand made it back. And who knows how many colonists were abducted. The group made their way to the barracks after going through decon, their armor sterilized under a UV lamp and subsequent heat blasting, where they could all dress down into less cumbersome wear. After their armor was stripped off and they were redressed in rather old-fashioned camo fatigues and standard shirts, their holotags hanging from their necks - minus Richards, who was dressed in a duty uniform to go meet with his other commanding officers and give a report to the brass - the three remaining soldiers made their way to the mess hall for some grub.

As they got their meals - pretty good, considering the rations they dealt with on Deseus - they all sat down and ate in silence for a few moments. They needed some time to think of how they were going to break the news to his ex; their relationship might be over, but they still cared about each other to a certain degree. Kinsey then looked up and asked, "So...How do we want to decide this?" "The only fair way...Rock, paper, scissors" was Williams' response; Bolsov snorted and retaliated, "What are you, a child?" "Oh, so you want to volunteer then?" "Me? No, no, I don't go anywhere near her". Bolsov saw the two of them grinning at his refusal and at this he spoke, "Past' zakroi, she and I....Well, we just don't like each other, and she might think I'm just trying to fuck with her. Stupid blyadischa, I don't want to deal with her shit".

Lanthe rocked Punff side to side, trying her best to sooth her. “Its alright. You didn't know. You did nothing wrong.”

Punff sniffled, her face hidden behind a washcloth. “B-but...h-he, had...a-a...f-f-f-female..a-a-and....” She sniffled and cried more, her words and tears muffled by the cloth.

“Shhh, its alright. He doesn't even remember what you two did. It's okay. So long as he doesn't know, it'll be fine.” Lanthe pulled away the cloth, taking it and wiped Punff's cheeks. “Look, all you can do now, is help him heal, okay? We'll feed him and watch him and once it's time to leave, we can try and protect him until he finally leaves this place. So stop crying. You look ugly when you cry.” Which wasn't true. Punff was the most cutest thing, even when she cried it was so damn cute.

Sniffling, Punff grabbed the cloth and blew her nose. “I...don't want him to leave, but...I don't...want for his female to be lonely. I'll....do everything I can to help him.” She said and blew her nose once more.

“Good girl. Now, lets clean up and then we can go and pick vegetables for tomorrows meals, okay?”

Nodding, Punff stood up and began cleaning whatever dishes were dirty, her thoughts still racing at the fact she mated with an already taken male. God, she felt awful about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Location: Earth. Locklear UNSC Facility, On base living apartments. Date: Aug 25th 3648

Eyes staring up at the ceiling, red waves of hair covering her pillow, Kayla stared up, thinking about what today was. She in bed, dressing in nothing more than a t-shirt and panties. It was her day off and she was glad of that, because today was the day “Viper-Two-Two” was scheduled to come home, which meant Jackson was coming home as well....or so she hoped. She and Jackson may be exes, but that didn't mean she didn't care about him. She still did.

They had been together before he had to head to that new discovered planet, Deseus. The colonists that had made homes there had been under attack, the creatures that lived on that planet, plucking one colonists at a time it seems. She didn't get much info, not from Jackson, since he was only given a quick brief, along with his fellow comrades. She expressed her feelings on the matter. Had been upset. He had to go and help save hundreds of people all because they thought it had been a good fucking idea to colonize a new damn planet. It felt like a suicide mission, but Jackson had no choice in the matter. They argued. She had asked how long he would be gone and the answer he gave wasn't one she didn't want to hear. Two years. He would, at that time, would have been gone for two damn years or so they all hoped it would only take two years to get everyone back home. She didn't like that. One thing led to another and they broke up. Three days after that, she watched as shuttles carrying platoons of Delta Force soldiers launched into space. Kayla continued her training. Her anger pushing her, helping her surpass her other fellow training soldiers. She could handle Plasma Guns with ease and was very skilled and calculating where to throw her grandes.

During her two years, she climbed a few ranks, her statues being a Sgt. First Class. Her promotion had been bitter sweet because none of the Delta Force team or the casualties had returned. Jackson had said it would only take two years....maybe he meant to say, should only take two. News got around and apperantly, the rescue mission wasn't going as smoothly as everyone had hoped. The creatures that lived on Deseus were attacking fiercely, refusing to let anyone leave. It had been debated whether or not to send more Delta Force soldiers to Deseus. Kayla had been all ready to get on bored and kill the fucking sons-of-bitches, but the answer had been a no. No more Delta Force soldiers would be sent. That had been fucking bullshit. She had gone up to her Commanding Officer, demanded she be sent with a small platoon to help, but his answer had been a solid, hard, vicious no. It sucked.

Four more years had gone by and Kayla was now a Capt. Leading her own platoon and training new recruits as well. In six damn fucking years, she hadn't seen Jackson. She missed him, badly. She couldn't even date let alone have sex with another man. Her mind raced with thoughts about Jackson. She couldn't let go of him. Until she was told that he was KIA, she wouldn't let go in thinking about him.

“Viper-Two-Two”, the shuttle sent to rescue the remaining Delta Force soldiers was scheduled to return today. Would Jackson be on it? He better be or else. Turning onto her side, she debated whether to go and see if he was finally home. He along with five other men had been the only remaining soldiers left on Deseus. She had asked to go and retrieve that unit, but had been denied. It had pissed her off greatly. All she could do now is wait and see who would be the one knocking on her door. If she saw Jackson standing there, hazzah, pop out the booze. She would ask if he would take her back. If Jackson wasn't there at her door.....then........she really didn't know what to do actually.

"Look, the fact of the matter is...They're split up, but she deserves to know. One of us has to do it" Kinsey was trying to tell them, secretly hoping that his stubbornness and preaching to the choir would eventually drive one of them to just do it in his stead. However, he found that Bolsov and Williams were being equally resistant; Bolsov kept reminding him of how he and Kayla never had been on good terms with each other. It was only because Jackson was there to intervene that they hadn't torn each other's throats out yet.

"OK...So if you believe it so much, then you go tell her" was Williams' reply; truth be told, Kayla intimidated the hell out of him. He wondered how she and Jackson were able to stay together for so long; then again, both of them were tough as nails, even for Delta Force soldiers. "You know I can't, Williams; she'll totally kick my ass if I go tell her" was Kinsey's rebuttal; while it was true he was a little the short side compared to most soldiers, the man had taken on opponents one to two heads taller than him. And Bolsov was sure to point this out, "Bullshit; if you were afraid of getting your ass kicked, you wouldn't have joined Delta Force. I've seen you beat down things far scarier than her".

As this went on, it was fairly obvious they were at an impasse; none of the three were willing to back down in their refusal to tell Kayla what had happened with Jackson. Despite having different primary reasons, there was one secondary one they shared in common: They didn't want to make Kayla too upset. She worked her ass off to get through the ranks and try to get to Jackson, and it was bad enough when she was one of the units that got stranded after the no-fly order was given. Eventually, however, the biggest surprise of all came: Bolsov himself stood with a sigh and said, "Pizdas...Fine, I'll be the messenger who gets shot". As he walked off to go find Kayla, Kinsey and Williams both looked at each other before the former shouted, "Bolsov, wait". The hard-ass Russian turned around to look at his compatriots, this time Williams speaking up, "We'll go with you".

Bolsov stared at them for a moment, but gave a half-smirk as they approached him, the three of them now walking together like they were on a mission. Which in a sense they were...Just not an official one. Kinsey asked for where Captain Kayla was; turned out she was on shore leave and decided to stay in the on-base apartments. Probably to wait for Jackson to come back, a thought that made the situation all the more somber. Getting the number, they then headed there, some of the lower-ranked soldiers saluting Warrant Officer Williams as they passed. They eventually made it to the rather prestigious looking establishment and after taking the levpad up to Kayla's floor, found her apartment just to the left.

All three of them stood there for a moment, still hesitant on knocking on the door. However, now it was Kinsey's turn to man up as he practically whispered and stepped forward, "Well...Moment of truth". His hand came up to knock on the metal slab, the material making a slight reverb as he rapped three times in quick succession before standing back. Bolsov would stand to Kinsey's right, and Williams would be to his left, making Kinsey himself the frontman for this little event. They honestly didn't know how she would react, because they didn't know how deep her affections still ran for Jackson.

Kayla was clutching a pillow to her body, legs crossed, the glow of the holo-tv illuminated her room. The news revealed that all the shuttles sent to Deseus have returned along with “Viper-Two-Two”, the shuttle that had gone to retrieve Jackson and hit unit. She clutched her pillow tightly. They were mentioning how a rough flight it had been, especially trying to escape the planet. Her eyes were glued to the screen, listening as they began to list off the rank and name of each member of Jackson's unit. Just as they mentioned Warran Officer Williams, she jumped at the loud, echoing sound of someone knocking on her door. “Off.” she said, making the holo-tv turn off before they listed off the names of those that did not return. Heart beating against her rib cage, Kayla pushed the pillow to her side and slipped from her bed, the t-shirt falling down mid-thigh. It was Jackson's shirt. Some damn old band from like thirty years ago that he fell in love with. She accidently stole the shirt from him. When she had grabbed most of her clothing and dumped it in her basket, she had accidently snagged his shirt. She had always planned to give it back,but always tended to forget.

Now she wore it to give her a piece of calm. Swallowing down a harsh lump, she left her bedroom and approached her front door. She was shaking. She didn't want to think. Nothing bad or good. Kayla was about to press a button on a small screen near her door to see who it was, but stopped herself. Why make herself suffer. Instead of turning the screen on to check the “peep-hole”, she press the button to slide the metal door open and her heart dropped as if it fell out of her body and hit the floor. She stared at the three men she personally knew and who were in his unit. Her hand trembled, unable to pull it away from the door button. It took a while to work the muscles in her throat and to moisten her voice box, but she finally voiced her words. “W-Where..........where the.....where the fuck.....i-is he?” She demanded, starring from one man to the next. “Where the fuck is he?” She almost screamed, the color on her face paling.

She knew the answer when she saw them, but she wanted to hear it. Or perhaps, they were here to just surprise her and say 'Oh hey, he's just eating at the mess hall.' As-fucking-if . Why would it take three of them to tell her he was just fucking eating.

The three men waited, unsure of whether Kayla was even home at this moment; they said she was staying on base, but the base was incredibly vast in its own right and had several sections. Aside from the mess hall, there was the large gym where soldiers all went to work out. That place alone was almost as big as three of the brass' barracks; there was also the shooting range and the combat simulators, well-funded from surplus cash and gifts from private donors. For all they knew, she could be at any one of those places; it was starting to get a bit tense for them, and they were silently considering to split up and try to find her.

However, the door gave a 'hiss' as it slid open, revealing Kayla in a very surprising shirt: It was one they'd seen Jackson wear in the past, his old Fist of Iron shirt. Even though they were before Jackson's time by a few years, he'd heard their music and was almost instantly hooked. Ironically, it was based off what was called 'metal' way back in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries and the band clearly worked to preserve that type of quality and sound pattern. Regardless, what caught their eye the most was her expression, the one they were dreading to have to see: That look of shocked and depressed acknowledgment. The way her body trembled and her mouth struggled to find the words...It was heart-breaking.

However, she would not stay silent for long; Kinsey recoiled from her a little, feeling the weight of her gaze on him before seeing it shift to Williams and Bolsov. "Kayla, Kayla....Please, calm down. I can understand that you're upset..." Williams then pleaded, Kinsey adding on her second outburst, "Please, Captain...Let us explain"; Bolsov just then said outright, "Kayla...I know you don't want to hear this, trust me, I know....But Jackson didn't make it. And despite our...history...know that I'm not trying to fuck with your head" Bolsov then paused, giving a small shrug at Williams' piercing gaze of contempt for his bluntness regarding an obviously sensitive topic. Kinsey just kept his mouth shut, not wanting to add any more fuel to this fire; he really wished Bolsov would have had just a bit more discretion. Though truthfully, perhaps it was better to just get it out in the open; how she would react to this would remain to be seen.

“D-Don't....don't fucking dare tell me to fucking calm down.” She said, her voice strained. They tried to come at her with ease, her eyes shifting frantically until Bolsov spoke up. His words were harsh. A slap to her face and stab at her heart. 'Jackson didn't make it.' Those words. That little sentence echoed in her ears over and over. She laughed brokenly, looking at the man she disliked. “Y-You are..fucking with me Boslov. I know you. Y-You like to say shit just....just to mess with me.” She refused to believe he wasn't trying to be a dick. She moved closer to him, slowly, her bare feet padding gently against the cold, bare hallway floor. Her hands reached up, shaking as she grabbed him by the front of his shirt, knuckles turning white as she gripped the fabric hard.

“Y-You always tell me crap...to piss me off....especially when it involved Jackson. You...you would always t-tell me....that he's dicking around..with some bitch. O-Or that he...he got his hand lopped off during a training exercise.” Kayla had fought back to let the tears fall. The little shits were fighting back and she wasn't able to hold off the one. It slid down her cheek gently, a wet line streaked along her skin as if fell and finally dropped. “B-Boslov....f-for once...d-dont dick around with me.....please Boslov.”

Please say you're lying. Please say 'hah, you actually fell for it. Oh God, the look on your face.' Say that Boslov. Say that. Say the words.

Kayla kept trying to mentally have Boslov say the words. Her breath caught, time seemed to have stopped all around her. She was torturing herself like this. They weren't lying. Her mind was telling her that they weren't, but her feelings, her soul, was protesting, shouting at her mind that yes they were. They were all in on the joke.

Shit, this was getting bad; Kayla was in denial. She thought they were screwing with her; well, at least if Bolsov had come along solo it would have been more plausible for her to jump that conclusion. But with all three of them here, she should have known that it wasn't a joke, right? But this just served to show that grief could play hell on a person's psyche, especially when it revolved around someone still held dearly to the heart.

Bolsov's face was mostly impassive, though deep down her words stung; he'd watched one of his best friends throw himself to the enemy, turn himself into live bait just like their Captain did. And for what? To let them escape...To follow the brass' orders to get themselves off the planet at whatever cost? Breathing in deep, he gripped Kayla's shoulders hard and gave her a small shake, "Kayla...Look at me. Look into my eyes and know that I am telling the truth. Jackson. Is. Gone. I might have fucked with you in the past, I will not deny this, but I am not doing so now. He gave himself to the enemy, threw himself into the lion's den so that we could get home safe. We tried to go back, really we did...But there were too many and the pilots shot into space as soon as we were clear".

At this, Williams gave a cough and added, "He's right...About Jackson. We were all there...About to be taken. But Jackson jumped right back into that ATLAS, fought some huge red-skinned monster". He then laid a gentle hand on Kayla's shoulder, "I'm sorry...Really, I am and I wish it were different...But there was nothing we could do. Those...things...we fought, they were out of our league, even for the best Delta Force had to offer".

Back
Top Bottom