Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Comp Blue Screening, Need Help

Scyle

Super-Earth
Went to install a free, legal antivirus (AVG) and as I'm trying to restart the computer, it's running super slow. I ended up doing a hard boot at the Windows "saving settings/log off" screen and now it's just screening. I removed the program and am still screening. What do I do because it was working awesome before!

Are you able to use System Restore to take your computer back to a previous date? (Accessories > System Tools)

Pat your suggestion fixed the problem. I'm kind of illiterate when it comes to computers. T~T

Help is appreciated guys, thanks. ^~^​

Well now we have a new problem. Svchost is sucking up useage and the common problem is the Windows Updater, which is not the problem. I seen it spike to like 160,000 K memory on my Task Manager. This is after the restore, going to a day before all these problems. I'm wanting to say malware or something but I can't install AntiMal lol... It's not a dangerous file so I'm not set on Malware, unless a damaged file. Couldn't exactly tell you what I done wrong because this all seemed to happen all at once.

And, to add, my taskbar keeps switching style. It'll be Windows XP standard then it'll freeze and become Windows Classic. Mostly it returns.

Video memory issues. Maybe a dead video card.

If it's malware, http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/ is your best bet.

Well I've determined that it's not malware so I've still got a killer memory leak that I can't pinpoint. -_-

Replace your video card if possible, either by switching to old hardware or onboard, if your motherboard has it, and see if that resolves the issue.

Back
Top Bottom