Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Paganism...

Lisalou8917

Super-Earth
Hello all! I'm new to Paganism, I was wondering if anyone else here is familiar with The Path/could suggest reading/other sites for good information. Just need a little help... Thanks! :huh::s

XOXO,
LL

What branch of Paganism are you interested in focusing on? Are you into Shamanism, Wicca, Druidism, Odinism or just general practice? Most of the reading I can recommend is Wiccan based.

Wicca is definitely a keen interest, I've read quite a few books already, I dunno if I need a teacher or what... I know what I want to do, but I'm scared to death to start alone.

I wouldn't attempt starting it alone at least until you've done more research. I have some wiccan friends although I don't practice but they do in groups and they teach each other the ropes. Good luck finding the info that you need.

I'm a Druid but I love all aspects of Paganism.

If you're looking for some good reading, I can recommend anything by Vivianne Crowley. I own a couple of good 'introduction to Paganism' books by her and found them very accessible.

As for finding your path, it's not something you need to decide right away. Just start by reading, seeing what interests you and opening yourself to possibilities. Choosing which direction to follow will come soon enough once you get a feel for it.

If you need to chat about it or have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Nicoletta said:
This might sound stupid, but what is Paganism?

That's a pretty big question.

But in short, it's a series of beliefs centred on nature, tribe, family and pre-Christian beliefs. I find it refreshingly undogmatic or deterministic but then it's up to all people to decide what the right path is for them. :)

Like others have said, it really depends on what type you are interested in being. I'll also add, it depends on what you want to do with it. Many are talking about groups, but I've found that I'm far happier without a circle or group of any kind. Of course, I'm Eclectic Pagan so I take a little of this and a little of that to do what feels right for me. Books are great, websites are great, so long as you remember that there is just as much fiction on the subject as there is fact.

WriteMood said:
Books are great, websites are great, so long as you remember that there is just as much fiction on the subject as there is fact.

Definitely. Not nearly as much fiction as most religions though, on balance.

I would suggest www.witchvox.com for many different forms of pagan information, I have been part of that site for years now.

I was a self taught pagan, though I'm very general pagan. I do rituals my own way and offerings in my own way. My favorite thing about paganism is it's freedom. Pure and untouched freedom, there's no set way of being. It follows very basic generic principles and most of them are already morals ingrained in us. Enjoy your growth, :)

Back
Top Bottom