Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Knight And His Lady (Broken Knight & darkangel76)

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
The princess Victoria slowly opened her eyes and sat up. The sun was peeking through her window casting a long beam of light against the stone floor of her bedroom. She pushed the blankets aside and walked over to the window to peer outside. It looked like it was going to be a lovely day. The sun was shining and the sky was a bright blue. She took a deep breath and heaved a contented sigh. The scent of the flowers from the gardens had already made their way up to her window and she relished the smell of them. It smelled of Spring, of life.

Suddenly, there was a knock on Victoria’s heavy wooden door. “Lady Victoria,” came a warm-sounding voice. It was Lady Estelle, one of Victoria’s ladies in waiting and most trusted confidantes.

“Yes, come in,” Victoria stated. Her door opened slowly and Estelle entered the room.

“I’ve come to help you dress, my lady,” Estelle said as she gave a low courtesy out of formality. She shut the door and then smiled girlishly. “What do you have planned for today, Victoria?” she asked.

“Well, I need to take a walk in the gardens today. The air is so refreshing and the smell of the flowers are calling to me for some reason,” Victoria said while giggling. She jumped onto her bed and stretched.

“Victoria!” Estelle laughed. “Well, I suggest you take your walk soon then. Your mother mentioned that the king plans on presenting you to a potential suitor later this afternoon.

Victoria heaved a sigh. Her father had plans to marry her off to a prince, to help establish relations with other lands and even give him an edge in case of any sort of threat. The idea was not one she liked at all. She had always hoped her father would someday see reason and let her marry for love. But given his actions of late, she knew such wishes and hopes were in vain. It pained her deeply.

“Well, the suitor can wait. I plan on enjoying my day. If I have to be presented in my afternoon attire, then so be it,” Victoria stated plainly.

Estelle just smiled and helped Victoria get dressed. The princess was placed in a green gown over her under-things and corset. It accentuated her feminine features perfectly, making her a picture of loveliness to most onlookers. Estelle then placed the girl’s hair up in ringlets, letting them sweep just past her shoulders in dark cascading waves.

“Perfect,” Estelle said as she looked upon her friend and confidante.

“I don’t know what you see when you look at me, Estelle. But thank you,” Victoria said as she hugged her friend. “I’ll be in later this afternoon. Just make sure my father knows that I’m aware of his plans and will be back in time.”

There was a sadness in Victoria’s voice as she said those words. She didn’t want to meet this potential suitor, this prince. She wanted to enjoy her day and be granted freedom to make her own choices in life. But she knew such things were idle fancy. However, not wanting to let it bring her down, she left her room and Estelle and scurried down the stone staircase leading to the outside so that she could get lost in the gardens.

"What're you doing?"

"What?"

"I said, what're you doing?" It was some lowly squire asking him what he was up to. He had half a mind to turn around and back hand the boy. Taking better judgment than that, though, the knight took a deep breath and restrained himself.

"I'm finished putting my gear on, so now I'm relaxing. Is that alright with you, sire?" The knight asks, looking at the small, rather weak squire with his sharp brown eyes, staring daggers at the boy. He wasn't about to stand around and have some squire question what he was doing.

"Well the king said-" That was it, the knight had enough. Reaching back, he slaps the kid upside the head with the leather gloved side of his gauntlet on his palm. That shut him right on up.

"I know what the king said, boy. I may have just been promoted to a Royal Knight, but this isn't my first trip to the fair. I can protect the princess on my own. Now, go wash out my room. Make sure it's spotless before I'm back or I'll be giving you more than just the glove." The boy didn't need to be told twice after having his brains scrambled. Scurrying off, he got to work while the knight left.

He was wearing plated iron armor, shined several times so that it almost looked like tin. Fortunately for him, iron was far stronger than tin. It was hot and bulky, but with the armor that he had, he could move surprisingly well in it. He wore a long red cape behind him on his shoulders that bore the king's crest and flowed behind him any time he walked.

To go from his home on the castle grounds to the castle its self, he had to cross through the gardens. Walking through them, he stopped in mid step, seeing this radiant beauty. She certainly looked as though she fit on the castle grounds, but she wore just a simple green dress. The knight assumed that she was probably one of the queen's aides, he'd simply never met her before. Walking over to her, deciding he had time to introduce himself, he runs his fingers through his messy brown hair and puts on his best smile, flashing his white teeth.

"Hello there." He says as he gets a few feet away, knowing he could either say hello, or the sound of his armor would give him away.

Victoria happily roamed through the gardens, taking in the calming vision of the flowers along with their decadent scents. The mix of them all together so very soothing, which was perfect given how much she was dreading having to go back to the castle to be present to her potential suitor later in the afternoon.

As Victoria slowly strolled along the rows of roses, she glanced back at the castle and frowned. She was angry with her father and hated that because of who she was she was being forced into something she wanted no part of. She heaved a heavy sigh and turned back to the roses. She continued walking when suddenly her walk was interrupted by a voice.

“Hello there.”

Victoria’s head snapped to turn in the direction from which the voice came. Taken slightly off guard, she brought a hand to her chest and felt her cheeks turn red. Several feet away, a knight stood before her. From the looks of him, one specially appointed by her father, the king. His cape bore the royal crest on it and his armor shone brilliantly, especially with the late day sun glinting off of it.

Victoria smiled at the knight and gave him a low curtsey. “Good day, sir knight,” she spoke softly, her blue eyes cast down toward the ground. “I hope you’re enjoying the day,” she added.

Biting down on her lip, she mustered up her courage to look over at the knight once more. His eyes seemed kind. There was something about them that made her breath catch. Tilting her head, she walked up to him and smiled.

“May the lady, Victoria, please have your name?” she asked, her voice soft and a little bit timid. Her nerves were getting the best of her, making her heart race, her tummy flutter. She wondered if he noticed his affect on her. She didn’t even know his name or who he was, but something about him made her want to know more. It was as if she was somehow drawn to him by silvery threads that connected both him and her together in some way. It was almost disconcerting, but not enough for her to ignore the pull.

Looking at the knight, her eyes glittering, Victoria waited for him to tell her his name.

This place was like a small utopia amongst the chaos of the daily routine of the castle. Just walking into the garden and taking a minute was calming, so he made it a point to try and wander through it when he could. It was very rare to see anyone else in the garden, not many people had the clarity he did to calm themselves on a daily basis. Not to mention getting some sun on his dark black fur... and away from the humans who feared him for his race, was a welcome change of pace.

His race... He used to hate himself for it. Humans would always give him trouble for being different. But, as he grew up and got older, his canine features on a humanoid platform gave him the edge over simple humans. He was faster, slightly stronger and much more resilient. Not to mention his better sense of smell that humans always seemed to disregard. He was tall, 6 feet 1 inch, not including his long ears. Built lean, he wasn't bulky like a lot of the human knights got from carrying weapons and armor each day.

He couldn't smell the girl in the garden, the scent of the flowers too heavy for him to distinguish much of anything besides the fact that he needed a bath. He just hoped that she wouldn't figure out that he needed a bath. He'd caught wind of the princess several times and could've picked out her perfume anywhere else. But here, he didn't recognize who she was. He looked at her with his one good eye, the left eye having a patch over it, a scar running from atop the brow down to his cheek bone, an injury from a previous war that only added to the fear that he struck in people.

"It's a fine day, indeed, mi'lady."
Had he known she was the princess, he would've taken knee and asked her leave. One should not stay in royalty's presence too long. Even her Royal Guard was under the orders of 'be heard, not seen.' Taking her hand gently into his paw, lifting it to his lips and pressing a soft kiss to her silky smooth skin. For the moment of a heartbeat, he thought it odd that a servant girl would have such fine skin, but pushing it from his mind, he let her hand go.

"Ah, so I've finally found something that the beauty of the flowers is surpassed by- you, Victoria." The wolf says, obviously flirting with her. He didn't mind flirting with human girls. They'd either get very nervous and flee or curious and return the favor. "My name isn't easily pronounced by humans, so most simply call me 'Black'."

Victoria felt herself blush, her skin turning a pale shade of scarlet at the knight’s flirtatious words. She cast her eyes down at the ground for a moment before fixing them back to his.

“Black, is it?” Victoria stated more than asked. “Perhaps one day you’ll tell me your real name.” Smiling, she walked toward Black, her skin still quite pink from her earlier blush.

Victoria could feel her heart pounding within her breast. As she looked into Black’s eyes, there was something there that just called to her, begged her to approach. She couldn’t ignore the call. He was unlike anyone she’d ever seen. She’d seen others of his kind before, but she never really paid them much mind. Until now. As she looked upon this knight, she felt the urge to touch his fur, to relish the softness of it against her fingers. Yes. There was something about Black, something that beckoned, that made her entire body come alive. A voice within her soul told her that she needed to get to know him and she wasn’t about to turn a deaf ear to such a demand. His eyes, his manner, they had said it all already.

“Perhaps you’d like to admire the gardens with me?” Victoria asked, a hopefulness sounding in her voice. She hoped she didn’t come off as too forward, but she wanted Black to know that she’d like his company as she strolled. The feelings she could feel rising within were already stirring her deeply. And she hoped that he’d stay with her just a bit longer to help satisfy them.

Victoria then gave Black another low curtsey. Before standing back up, she tilted her head, eyes wide, to look upon his face. She hoped he’d accompany her, for the pull she felt from the silvery threads she was sure was there holding her to him was strong. She wondered if he felt the pull as well or if it was just her. Regardless, she looked up at him and waited to see if he would accept her invitation. She hoped so.

He could see the blush on the girl's face. It was odd. She didn't rashly turn and flee, she didn't coarsely return the flirting. Instead, it was something deeper than that, something deeper that ran in the veins than simple curiosities. "Maybe some day when you learn to speak my language." He teases her, being light and playful, quite a stark contrast to his outward appearance. When she walked up to him, she could see him much closer. The armor covered only his chest, she could see his arms, his face, scarred as it may be, and he didn't shy away.

There was something about this human girl that no other girl possessed. It was an allure that he couldn't quite put his finger on. For the moment, he felt as if he was in exactly the place where he should be, with her. It was that feeling that he wanted to further explore. "Of course, Victoria." He didn't know it, but it would probably be odd for her to have someone call her by her first name. Everyone else, her father included, referred to her as 'Your Highness' or 'Princess' and never by her actual name.

Either way, he was quite happy to walk along with her. He walked beside her and she could occasionally feel his tail swaying behind her as he walks, obviously quite the happy pup to be walking with her. After a few minutes of walking, they'd gotten quite far into the garden until there wasn't a soul around and it was quite likely that they would not be bothered. Moving away from her a bit, he walks over to a bench. Taking off his armor and cape, the wolf stretches himself out in front of her, unknowingly showing off his bare chest and abs as he stretches his arms over his head with a pleased growl. When he realizes what he'd been doing, he gives a laugh.

"I'm sorry, Victoria. I've been wearing my armor all day." Black says, running his fingers through his chest fur. "Mmph... your human armor is so cumbersome. I'm just glad to get it off of my fur. It takes so much care to keep my fur soft after wearing such grating armor against it all day." He says, moving over to her. Taking her hand, he slips her fingers into the soft fur where there was a tuft, right on the middle of his chest, letting her fingers sink into the soft, silky fur. Obviously, wolves didn't have the same problems with physical boundaries like humans did, so he let her hand go, allowing her to touch.

Victoria gently touched Black’s fur as he let go of her hand, leaving it to rest against his chest. It was so very soft, she couldn’t help but let her fingers sink into his fur and gently play with it. The way it felt against her skin was nice, it made her insides tingle, feel warm. She smiled to herself as she slowly realized what she was doing. She was touching a male, without a chaperone nearby. And the way she was touching him would’ve made onlookers gasp in shock, for the touch she was giving him was an intimate one. But she didn’t care. She wanted to touch him, to take in how he felt against her skin. And since they were alone in the gardens, she knew there was no one nearby who would cast judgment.

“Your fur is so soft,” Victoria said, her voice almost a whisper. She let her hands move a bit more freely over his chest as she ran her fingers through his fur. Looking into his eyes, she smiled. “It’s beautiful.”

Again, Victoria felt herself blush. Reluctantly, she brought her hand back to her side. Feeling a little embarrassed that she might have overstepped her bounds, she went to smooth out her green gown. She then turned to look at one of the nearby flower hedges. Immediately, she ran over to it and picked a couple of the blossoms. She walked back over to Black and handed him one.

“For you,” Victoria said, giving Black another low curtsey. As she stood up, she held the other blossom up to her nose and breathed it in deeply. “Aren’t the flowers lovely?” She paused, glancing around herself before fixing her eyes to his once more. “You know, I’d love to learn your language. I’d really like to learn how to say your name.”

Victoria had no idea why she stated her thought about Black’s true name out loud. But for some reason, she wanted him to know what she was thinking. It was odd, yet exhilarating. She just hoped she wasn’t making a fool out of herself in front of one of her father’s appointed knights.

It felt good when she touched him. It wasn't like just any other female touching his fur or caressing him. He wanted his fingers deeper in his fur, he wanted to feel her pressed against him. Normally, he reacted like this with a female wolf in heat, the scent of the female driving him mad with desire. This human girl was doing the same without a single influence upon him. He couldn't figure out why, and slowly, he was beginning not to want to figure out why. Slowly, all he was wanting was to stay here in the garden with her for as long as possible.

Taking the flower from her, he smiles, but doesn't smell it like she does. If he stuck his nose into that flower and took a breath, he'd be sneezing from having his sense over powered by the flower. So, he lifted it to his nose and pretended to take a whiff of it, smiling happily. Looking down at her, he brushes her hair from her face, slipping the flower over her ear in order to keep it there like that.

"There." Black says with a pleasant smile. "You shouldn't hide such beauty behind your hair, Victoria." He instructs her. Softly cupping her cheek in his palm, he smiles, knowing that she could feel his nervousness. "Victoria..." Black says. He was trying to think of a way to explain himself, explain how she was making him feel. But every time he tried to bring himself to words, they simply failed him. After a moment of silence, the wolf takes a breath.

Leaning down to her, he presses a soft kiss to her lips, still cupping her cheek, her body brushing against his when he leans into her.

Victoria was startled when Black gently touched her face with his paw. She looked into his eyes, her tummy fluttering, her heart racing. She wondered if he could sense her nervousness as her body began to tremble.

“Victoria…” Black said softly, making Victoria’s heart skip a beat. She loved the way her name sounded as it passed over his lips. It wasn’t often she got to hear someone call her that and she loved it. He then leaned closer as he let out a small sigh.

Anticipating what Black was about to do, Victoria let her eyes slowly close. When she felt his lips against her own, she thought she was going to melt. It was so sweet, so perfect, so pure. She could feel his body touching her own, making her feel warm, safe. It was exactly as a kiss should’ve been. Her first kiss.

Slowly, Victoria let her lips move a little over Black’s, taking in the feel of them against her own. The touch so tender, as if she were something to be cherished. She brought a hand up to his face and touched his cheek. The feel of his fur against her hand and his lips against her own sent sensations she’d never felt throughout her entire body. Everything just felt right. So wonderful.

Reluctantly, Victoria broke the kiss only to rest her forehead against Black’s. “Black…” she panted, breathless from their kiss. “I…” her voice trailed. There were no words to describe what she was feeling. She was almost embarrassed because it was so strong. Her first kiss and she was already pining for the one who’d given it to her.

Victoria then looked into Black’s eyes, her own watering ever so slightly. She touched his cheeks with her hands and smiled at him. She wanted to know what he was thinking. He’d been the one to initiate the kiss. Did it mean something to him? Did it mean to him what it had meant to her?

Biting on her lower lip, Victoria looked down and buried her face against Black’s chest. “I think I love you,” she whispered, her voice muffled against his fur.

The wolf looks down at the girl, his tail swaying slowly behind him, listening intently to her. Her lips had felt so good against his own that it felt like a jolt of electricity going through his spine and out his tail. Everything about this moment seemed right, even though something at the back of his mind nagged at him. He simply persisted in ignoring that nagging tug, the girl before him too much to let some hunch be the waste of this with her.

When she tells her the emotion she's feeling and nuzzles his chest like that, it was quite a tug on his emotions. He couldn't deny her any more, even if he had wanted to. Looking down at the girl with her face in the soft tuft of fur, he bites his lip. Taking her, he lays her on the soft grass, slipping himself atop of her on her side. Leaning down, he presses a soft kiss to her neck, softly dragging his fangs over the soft skin.

"Victoria..." He whispers, softly kissing her ear and nibbling on it. "I've... never been with a human girl before, but... I love you too, and I cannot help that emotion." Black says, pressing his body against hers. She could feel his paw on her stomach, softly rubbing and caressing her body. Leaning his lips up, he presses a deep kiss to her lips. As he does so, he slips his paw over her breast, fondling her over her dress and bra.

Victoria just looked at Black as he moved to lay her down gently in the softness of the grass. The way his eyes stayed fixed to hers, she could see the longing within them. Though it was more than just pure lust, something she knew would be easy for anyone to feel so quickly. But somehow she just knew there was more to it than that. The way he touched her, so tenderly as if afraid he’d hurt her or break her. It was obvious that he didn’t want to frighten her off. But she was far from frightened. Her heart told her to let the silvery threads she felt pulling her toward him to continue their tug for she would follow wherever they led.

Black kissed Victoria’s neck, making her shiver and let out a small gasp. His actions were stirring her body in ways she never knew possible. “Victoria…” he whispered as he kissed and nibbled on her ear. “I’ve… never been with a human girl before, but… I love you too, and I cannot help that emotion.”

Black’s words filled Victoria with elated joy. She almost couldn’t believe her ears. Normally, she’d have questioned such a reply. But with Black, she felt no doubts. Everything just seemed to be so perfect, so right. She didn’t want her time with him to end.

Victoria liked the weight of Black’s body on top of her own. With the weight, it brought her a sense of completion, a feeling of being whole. She let out another gasp as he moved his paw over her body, caressing her like she was the most precious thing in his world. And when he touched his lips to hers once more, she slightly parted her own, inviting him to explore her mouth to his heart’s desire.

The kiss was full of such passion. Victoria could feel her body getting warmer as the moments passed by. When Black moved to touch her breast, she felt her breath catch and her body instinctually pressed up into him, giving him better access to explore her with his paws.

Blushing, Victoria looked into Black’s eyes. “I… I’ve never been with anyone before,” she said, her voice soft and breathy. “Human or other.” She wrapped her arms about his neck and pulled him to her once more so that she could kiss him. This time, her lips moved a bit more freely, her inhibitions ever so slowly ebbing away. She broke the kiss and looked into his eyes once more. “My father has wanted me to remain untouched… until he manages to marry me off. But…” her voice trailed off. “But I don’t want to marry someone he chooses.” Her eyes watered a little, so she buried her face against his neck and nuzzled against his fur. The feel of it so soft against her skin. “I don’t want to marry that prince,” she cried against him, her arms hugging him close.

The wolf felt like everything was moving too quickly, too much for him to take in all at once. Yet, here he was, with her laying under his body, pressed against her beauty and quite taking it all in. Not to mention that he was enjoying it. Resting against her, he found that he didn't mind if he couldn't absorb the situation all at once. All he knew is that this wasn't some lust, it was something more important than that. He'd heard about soulmates before, but he'd always assumed that his would be a female wolf. Not a human girl, and certainly not a servant girl.

Kissing her deeply, when she parted her lips, he slips his tongue past them. His long, flat canine tongue rubs against hers as the two kiss. It was a little odd kissing a human girl, but he found that it was quite enjoyable. When she needed to, he broke the kiss to allow the two of them to breathe freely. Kissing her when she gave him her lips, he moans softly into it. His body was becoming quite warm with the pleasure of his lips pressed to hers. She was like some bad drug habit that he seemed to be falling into and didn't want to climb out of. Looking down into her eyes, he murrs softly, until that word registers with his mind.

'Prince.'

"Wait, what?" He asks, furrowing his brown and looking down at her. "Prince? How could you be marrying a prince? You're a servant girl, aren't you?" The wolf asks her hurriedly, as if suddenly worried about her being something other than what his conception of her might have been. He didn't know what he might think about anything new, his mind still reeling and trying to catch up with the situation at hand.

Victoria tilted her head as she looked up into Black’s eyes. “Servant girl?” she stated more than asked. She touched his cheek with a hand and smiled despite her tears. “I’m Lady Victoria. The princess.” She was silent for several moments, desperately trying to read his expression.

Black looked as though he were confused and instantly it made Victoria’s heart sink. Could he not love her if she were the princess? Was it too much to ask of him? Was love truly this fickle? She couldn’t believe it. She couldn’t ignore the emotions surging throughout her body, the way he made her feel. It was real, she knew it with all her heart.

Choking on a sob, Victoria could see how Black might have been confused. She was wearing one of her favorite afternoon dresses. Not a dress befitting royalty, more like one of the servants of the castle. She’d chosen such a dress on purpose. She’d wanted to escape her royal life while she strolled the gardens. Estelle had even mentioned that she should dress more appropriately, especially since she had to be presented to the prince later on in the afternoon.

Victoria tried to hold back the sobs she felt bubbling up from within. “Does that matter?” she asked him, fearing what he would say, fearing that he’d tell her he didn’t want to deal with royalty. Someone being forced to marry another.

It took a second for it to sink through his thick skull. He was atop of the princess, pressing his body against hers, grinding against her beauty, kissing her, slipping his tongue into her mouth and seriously contemplating taking her dress off. He'd fucked wolf-en servant girls on a whim, although he certainly didn't feel about them the way that he felt about the human girl under him. Still, it was the princess after all.

"Not really." He replies to her. "I still have this feeling of attachment to you... I think you humans call it... love." He tells her, pressing his body against her own again, letting her feel the warmth from his body generated by the arousal flowing through his veins. "It's not something that I feel I can ignore." He says to her, kissing her lips. "I want to make you moan, but we should wait to have sex." Despite having said that, he still leans his body against her own, rubbing himself against her form.

His body against her own, he looks down into her eyes. Grinning, he licks her lips, becoming more bold with each passing minute. Taking her hand into his paw, he guides it to his pants. He shifts his hips so that he could take her hand between the two of them. Softly putting it over the large bulge in his jeans, he looks down at her. "See what you've done to me already without even your beauty touching me yet?" The wolf asks her, looking into her eyes. He was being a tease, pushing the situation between the two of them. He could tell she'd never laid with a man and despite that, he was teasing her, seeing how far she was willing to take him.

Victoria blushed a deep shade of pink, her blue eyes glittering as she looked up into Black’s face. She was elated to hear that it didn’t matter that she was the princess, that she was set to marry someone against her will. The fact that he more or less returned her sentiments of love, the way he held her, kissed her, the way his body was reacting to hers. All of it told her that he was being true to his words.

Black gently took Victoria’s hand in his own and guided it slowly along his pants. He rested her palm against the bulge trying to free itself from confinement of the material, giving her a warm, yet teasing smile.

“See what you’ve done to me already without even your beauty touching me yet?” Black spoke softly, yet sincerely.

Victoria smiled at Black, her free hand reaching up to touch his face, caress his fur. She could indeed feel how aroused he was. And she’d have been lying if she didn’t admit that she, too, was just as aroused. A dull ache had started to grow between her legs the moment they’d kissed and when she finally touched his hardened length, it grew into a pulsing throb. She’d never felt so alive, so desperate for the touch of a male, this male. Everything was happening so quickly.

Staring into Black’s eyes, Victoria licked her lips. “I’ve done this to you?” she asked softly, her body trembling both in fear and in want. Black was a knight, an appointed Royal Guard. She knew he’d had other women, be they human or wolf-kind. She’d been with no one. But everything within her told her that she loved him and he’d professed his own love for her as well. The whole thing seemed insane, so very irrational. ‘But is love ever truly rational?’ she wondered to herself.

As Black laid on top of Victoria, the grass soft beneath her, she gave him a smile and moved to kiss him again, her arms wrapped tightly around him. She broke the kiss so that she could nuzzle his neck a little. She then whispered into his ear. “I love you, Black. I don’t know how this is possible. I hardly know you…” her voice trailed. “But I can’t deny what I’m feeling.”

Embarrassed, Victoria hid her face against Black’s chest, her one hand still touching where he bulged beneath his pants. On instinct, her hand began to rub him a little. Everything she was feeling seemed so very intense. She had no idea why such a thing was happening to her, but it was. All she could do was trust her feelings and instincts. And hope that her father would call off the marriage between her and the prince.

He gives a soft laugh, looking down at her. Nodding, the wolf licks her neck, gently nibbling on her soft skin. "Yes, Victoria. That's what you do to me. Just the sight of such a gorgeous woman like yourself does that to me." He lets her hand rest on the bulge in his jeans as he takes her other hand. Moving it to his chest, he puts it over his heart, letting her fingers sink into his warm, silky fur so that she could feel his heartbeat racing.

"And do you feel what you've done to my heart? You began to do this the moment I laid eyes on you. That's how I know I love you, no other girl, human, wolf or otherwise, can make my heart beat so quickly that I feel it will jump from my chest." He tells her, leaning up from her neck. He looks down at her and smiles as genuinely as he can, which might be odd, coming from a wolf with battle scars on his face. Either way, he was being honest and true with her, trying to convey his feelings as best that he can.

Even still, he slips up from her body and away from her grasp. Trying to calm himself down, he helps her to her feet. Pressing against her, still needing her touch, he kisses her gently. "It's a shame we can't continue this now... but... if you still feel this way about me later tonight, come to my quarters. We'll... figure something out about us..." He takes her hand, letting it brush against the bulge again. "...After we make love." He tells her, softly kissing her lips again before he retreats away from he grasp. Putting on his armor again, he gives a sad smile to her before parting her company.

Victoria felt so very light, as if she were a cloud floating high in the sky and smiling down on the beauty all around her. The vibrant colors of the countryside, the flowers and trees, the birds. The emotions that Black had stirred in her had struck upon something deep within her soul. She loved him. She had no idea how she came to love him after only spending such a short time with him, knowing full well that her father had plans for her to marry a prince from another country. And there was the added fact that he wasn’t human. But none of that mattered, not a single thing. What she felt inside, the way her body felt at his touch. She just couldn’t ignore such things and she didn’t want to.

Watching Black walk away from her made her heart feel suddenly heavy. It was as if a piece of her was being ripped away, something vital. Her blue eyes suddenly filled with tears and her heart felt like it was breaking. She didn’t want him to leave, but she knew he had to. She had obligations as well. In a few short hours, she was to be presented to a man she’d never met.

“Oh no!” Victoria whispered to herself, her tone dripping with panic, horror.

Victoria had to find a way to either postpone the marriage or figure out a way to stop it all together. Only, she had no idea how to do such a thing. She was a princess and a sheltered one at that. Her thoughts and opinions wouldn’t be listened to easily and that only made her more fearful.

Trying to calm down, her hand covering her chest, feeling the rapid beats of her heart, Victoria took a deep breath and slowly exhaled. She could still smell Black’s scent in the air around her and it made her smile. She closed her eyes for a moment, taking it all in. When she opened them, she set her jaw and began heading back to the castle. She still had quite a bit of time before her father would force her to marry the prince. There were so many formalities that needed to be addressed before hand. Surly she and Black could come up with something by then.

Black. He’d told her to meet him later that night at his quarters. Victoria knew where the Royal Guard stayed and it wouldn’t be easy slipping past the men who patrolled the area between it and the castle. But she’d find a way. She had to. She had to see him again. She needed to be near him, if only to be in his presence.

Back
Top Bottom