Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Built from Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nice doggy, niiiiice doggy," Jack said as he backed away from what should've been one of the biggest dogs he'd ever seen! And it was hungry.

'How the hell did I land in this situation?!' He asked himself, continuing to back away slowly. 'Now I'm going to be dog chow! Oh, what a way to end it! This isn't how I pictured it at all! Where are the super models? The smörgåsbord of fine food and mugs full of mead? Oh, where did I go wrong?!' It was official. Jack's life sucked.

A tall woman, around the height of 6'4 was walking down the street when she heard a snarling, growling and a man. What the hell? she thought and looked down an alley. Only to her surprise was it the largest dog in the world. You know, the great Dane on Oprah. Hey! Do you need help? she called out, peering down the alley and staring between the two of them. Her thin frame advanced toward Jack, but as the girl neared, the dog took his attention elsewhere. As of he wanted to avoid her. The woman was shocked, how could a dog change so quickly? She was confused and a little scared, but walked up to the man anyway. She towered over him, even having to squat down a little to shake his hand. I'm Marilynd

Astra watched the scene unfold through a crosshairs. She had been about to open fire on the massive dog when it had so suddenly shifted. She was a hunter, one of those people who went after the kinds of things that went bump in the night, trying to keep the unaware safe from harm. Such a large dog had made her suspicious and she'd followed it, trying to track it down as it moved about only to find herself quite uncertain as to wether it was in fact a creature of the night or merely an absurdly large domesticated hound. Adjusting her grip on her crossbow, she waited for the deciding moment. If it attacked, she would kill, if it did not... Well... She would see...

He saw the... the... good god, how tall was she?! Great, giants were invading the world! How was his luck this bad?! She walked up to him, who was still dazed and confused as to why the dog suddenly backed off. "I'm Marilynd." She said, shaking his hand.

"Why are freakishly huge things attracted to me?!" He yelled after shaking her hand. Then he turned to her, quickly waving his hands. "Sorry, it's not like you're freakishly huge, well, kind of, you're like, six three, six four, and then there's a giant dog coming after me, and I'm chased into this alley way, and it's all gone downhill from there. I mean, what's next, a monster hunter?!" He asked, before looking past the woman.

"Where'd the dog go?"

Marilynd frowned, she never saw herself as a giant, or a freak. Well I'm so sorry but I have to tell you I am human, a hundred percent. she growled, standing straight again and looking around. What the hell is his problem? Marilynd sighed frustratedly, her thin fingers glued to her forehead. How should I know, I'm not associated with giant canines. the woman lifted her golden eyes to Jack. Whether he was upset or not he had no right to blow up on her. A strange sound came from overhead; like a clicking. Marilynd looked up, a lady with a crossbow crouched on an apartment ladder. Fuck, there you go idiot; your hunter. she glared at the man as if the day couldn't get any worse.

Astra gave a sigh -she wasn't sure if it was relief or disappointment- as the dog took it's leave. If it had attacked her job would be so much simpler, kill it and move on, but now she was utterly confused as to her next move. How do dogs grow that big naturally? I know it's no creature of the night as a were of some sort wouldn't have turned down prey like that... Still thinking, Astra rose to her full height of 5'8", her slim body seeming to unfold as she brought herself up to a standing position. Her brown leather jacket, long ponytail of black hair, and loose jeans caught the wind that blew across her chosen vantage point as she made her way to the rooftop access and hurried down the stairs to the street level. If the dog was unnatural then the strangers it had seemed ready to attack might know something about it.

Marilynd strided up to the woman and smiled hardly. I'm Marilynd. she said softly as she shook the girls hand. For some reason Marilynd ways had an issue with beig unknown, and so whenever she met someone or was at a small gathering...she had to make sure she shook everyone's hand. So who's dog is it? she asked as if the other girl knew, and narrowed her eyes into the dark alley where it seemed to simply dissapear. She sighed out of frustration and pulled her dark red hair over her shoulder and braided down. She shifted, making her white cardigan twist over her floral blouse. Her hands hooked into the belt loops of her denim jeans and turning her knuckles white. She walked back over to Jack annoyingly, her creamy brown ankle boots clicking and throwing echoes onto the walls.

"I was about to ask you the same question." Astra replied evenly only for her confusion at the woman's sudden approach and odd question to turn to irritation as her questioner -Marilynd, she reminded herself- simply turned away without even waiting for her answer. "Hey hold on!" She hurried after the redheaded woman with a frown, drawing to a halt beside her and the man she had seen before. "Neither of you know why that dog was so big? Where it came from?" Her voice betrayed her annoyance a little but she managed to keep herself mostly polite. "I'm Astra and... Well... I'm on the lookout for things kinda like that dog that occasionally attack people."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom