Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Man Behind the Mask and His Muse(Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress

"And music is in your blood, then is it not? That voice of yours, not a mistake. You have returned to take the place of your mother as Principal Soprano. You are my muse!" he puled up an artical about her mother next.

Aria shrugged a bit. "I never really got to know my mother, she died in a car accident when I was little, but my father would play me recordings of her, and I longed to be as good as she was, however I know I have a long ways to go before I am even close"

"That is where you are wrong. there is more to a voice than training. The gift you have cannot be learned." he took her hand and held it to the exposed, good side of his face. "I can hear that gift and feel it too."

I still think you are just saying those things to be nice." she smiled as her then brushed his cheek. "alright enough about me, what about you I don't even know your name"

"My name is Geno. Geno Lambordo. My father was a carpenter. He built this opera house for your father, and built the sets for the opera while it was in operation. He loved the opera and was an avid listener. I learned my love of music from him. He watched your mother sing from the rafters, nearly every day. We were destined to meet, you and I. "

"oh I am sorry I had no idea our patches crossed before, is that why you choose to buy this opera house because your father built it?" she asked softly.

"That is how I knew of it yes. I grew up here, it is a very real home to me. After the accident it meant even more to me.
Does he mask scare you?"

Aria looked at him a moment "no it does not scare me, if I may be honest with you, right now I keep looking at because it is different, however as I get to know you better, I am sure I will stop noticing it and just notice you."

Though he did not ask, he wondered how she would react if he ever took it off and she saw what remained of his once handsom face. He loved her soft touch. There was a knock at the door. It was Giselle with their breakfast.

She was glad to see that her words did not offend him, or upset him. Perhaps she was the first one he had ever shown his mask to since up until now they met in shadow and now else seemed to come up to this booth

"It's breakfast sir" Giselle called out through the door in a voice that revealed her discomfort in being there. "Leave it on the table out side the door" he replied " Thank You sir!...I'll be going now" Giselle said in a relieved tone. "Thank you Giselle, enjoy your day off" He said. Once he had heard her leave he went out and retrieved the tray and set it on the coffee table between them.

"Let's eat, and then I should like to sing with you again. Nothing has filled my heart like that experience in many years."

Aria listen to the exchange between Giselle and Geno. She could tell giselle was very uncomfortable be there. She was glad for her when she left. She looked at Geno "alright we can sing if your wish"

They sat and ate their breakfast, and Geno made small talk while they enjoyed the food together, and when they had finished, he handed her some sheet music written in his own had, and started a recording playing of the score. He escourted her down to the stage. and waited for her to begin singing the song which seemed written for her. The range was perfect and the story that of a man and woman who met for the first time.

Aria enjoyed her breakfast with him talking with him a bit, and then she was handed a sheet of music her eyes started to skim it when he turned on the recording she listen to the music as she went down to the stag and began to sing the music for the first time.

As her voice rang out, Geno joined her with the tenor part. His voice was strong and clear, though much deeper than her own. As the pair sang the sweet harmony, the full emotion of the song came to light. It was beautiful beyound anything he had ever imagined, though he had written it specially for them. Giselle hid in the wings and listened, as the pair sang. Her heart sored with the emotion of the song. She knew now what he saw in Aria. and before she could be detected she hurried quietly out the stage door and headed home.

Aria heard his voice and she loved his voice as much as he seemed to love hers. She sang with passion and as the song ended she smiled at him "that was beautiful"

"yes it was!" he said his face gowing behind the mask. "It was beautiful because of you!" I wrote that song for us 3 years ago. I knew that someday you would come!" he pulled her to him and kissed her gently on the cheek, then backed away fearful she might be offended.

Aria blushed a little as he said wrote that three years ago. The kissed surprised her she was not expecting it but she smiled after wards not knowing what to say.

"I have waited 4 years to do that". he said. It was so much nicer than I thought it would be." He leaned down and kissed her again, then smiled at her from behind the mask.

Aria blushed so much in that moment someone would think her face was premantly red. "and what if I had not retuned to the theater. What would you have done then"

"I never thought that a possibility, and I can see by your presence that I was right. Had you not though, I guess that after a time I would have found life simply not worth living. Apart from you, I have nothing worth living for. Will you dance with me?" he asked.

Aria shook her head "don't say that you life is very much wroth living, you make wonderful music which brings both people who hear, and perform it such great joy." she looked at "what dance, oh I am not that good"

"You are my muse! without you there would be no music. I didn't say dance for me , I said dance with me." He went to the edge of the stage and started the recording of another of his songs, this one a waltz. "Follow me" he said, taking her in his arms. He was a very skilled dancer, and lead her around the floor with great ease and grace.

Aria had not waltzed in years, not since one her grandparents grand parties. It quickly came back to her as she moved around the stag.

"I thought you didn't dance? Your a superb dancer." He swung her around the stage as the music played, letting her pirouette about his hand, then pulling her back to him. The tow were a picture of grace and beauty. The fit together like hand in glove.

Back
Top Bottom